Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 16:55   #466
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

@bluevolt Got your initial post wrong, the buzzer only alarms the driver of the key still in the car and the door being ajar/open. Another one if the parking is on and the key is out. Maybe you confused the two, so did I.

Chrome thing peeling yes, happening on my key rather than steering, I seldom hold / honk from that position, maybe it will get off once the cleaner has his way with the car

Mugen logo will look great, only my family will think of me as having a mid life crisis.
Old 14th September 2011, 18:33   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Chrome thing peeling yes, happening on my key rather than steering,
My key has also started getting little black.

Sn1p3r Which SVC you visit for servicing your car?

Last edited by bluevolt : 14th September 2011 at 18:36.
Old 14th September 2011, 19:11   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
@bluevolt Got your initial post wrong, the buzzer only alarms the driver of the key still in the car and the door being ajar/open. Another one if the parking is on and the key is out. Maybe you confused the two, so did I.

Chrome thing peeling yes, happening on my key rather than steering, I seldom hold / honk from that position, maybe it will get off once the cleaner has his way with the car

Mugen logo will look great, only my family will think of me as having a mid life crisis.
Oh, on key. My car key has no such issues at all. It still looks as good as new.
Old 15th September 2011, 09:28   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
My key has also started getting little black.

Sn1p3r Which SVC you visit for servicing your car?
Pearl Honda in sector 37, Gurgaon. They are far better than RR guys.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 16:19   #470
Senior - BHPian

All right guys; now it's time for some pictures. Here we go - >

Warning on ANHC's ORVM should read this "Objects in the mirror will soon DISAPPEAR" (courtesy - suman sir)

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03562.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03603.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03604.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03605.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0001.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03606.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03608.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03611.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0010.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03612.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03613.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03617.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0015-copy-copy.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03618.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03619.jpg
Old 15th September 2011, 16:36   #471
Team-BHP Support

From the look of it, the number plate seems a steel one. Is rust already setting in?

My ANHC has got fibre-glass kinda no. plates; white sticker and cut-outs for the no. Black stickers have then been pasted in those gaps. Needless to say, the black bits have faded and on their way out already.

Sloppy quality.

That brings to me a doubt : are no. plates provided by Honda or the dealer sources them?
Old 15th September 2011, 16:40   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
That brings to me a doubt : are no. plates provided by Honda or the dealer sources them?
Honda or any manufacturer will not provide non-standard registration plates. It should be the dealer or the customer.
Old 15th September 2011, 16:49   #473
BHPian

Quote:
From the look of it, the number plate seems a steel one. Is rust already setting in?

My ANHC has got fibre-glass kinda no. plates; white sticker and cut-outs for the no. Black stickers have then been pasted in those gaps. Needless to say, the black bits have faded and on their way out already.

Sloppy quality.

Number plates are provided by Dealer and not by Honda.
My dealer provided plates are still intact after 2 years.
Old 15th September 2011, 16:51   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't observe about the material of the number plate but they came as it is from dealership. Will check if it is steel or fiber?

In which picture are you observing the rust?

PS – All cars sold by Ring Road Honda (Gurgaon & Delhi) have same number plates.

Last edited by bluevolt : 15th September 2011 at 16:52.
Old 15th September 2011, 20:53   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

I didn't observe about the material of the number plate but they came as it is from dealership. Will check if it is steel or fiber?

In which picture are you observing the rust?

PS – All cars sold by Ring Road Honda (Gurgaon & Delhi) have same number plates.
To add insult to the injury the number plate on my car is a bit wavy, very bad quality. RR honda skimmed on whatever they could while delivery.
Old 15th September 2011, 21:29   #476
Senior - BHPian

To be honest I will say that the RR Honda guys have a little attitude issue as well. I have noticed the difference before buying and after buying (that is the case with everyone I guess).

But I will not write off them just because of these small issues. Experience at RR Honda is satisfactory till date i.e. getting more than passing marks (7/10). Let’s see how things go in future visits.
Old 16th September 2011, 21:35   #477
BHPian

Bluevolt and other friends,

In my case the no.plates have been sourced and payed by myself. Agreed-Honda arranged for it.ultimately the plates were brought to my residence and fitted. The one with hologram etc.Don't know the authenticity,though.

Please check out a snap.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc00447.jpg

bluevolt-new Avatar is very good as usual.
Old 17th September 2011, 00:00   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Bluevolt and other friends,

In my case the no.plates have been sourced and payed by myself. Agreed-Honda arranged for it.ultimately the plates were brought to my residence and fitted. The one with hologram etc.Don't know the authenticity,though.

Is this a steel one or fibre make? Looks nice though. I will also put a high resolution of my car's number plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post

bluevolt-new Avatar is very good as usual.
Thanks mate.
Old 17th September 2011, 08:08   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Is this a steel one or fibre make? Looks nice though.
Made of steel-supposed to be as per the regulations.It came with non-open type bolts-ie.once tightened-they can't be opened.But I opted for normal bolts. Cost 1000/- There is a hologram too, I believe-which the camera has not picked up.

Last edited by charthom : 17th September 2011 at 08:10.
Old 17th September 2011, 10:16   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

Made of steel-supposed to be as per the regulations.It came with non-open type bolts-ie.once tightened-they can't be opened.But I opted for normal bolts. Cost 1000/- There is a hologram too, I believe-which the camera has not picked up.
We paid 990/- to RR Honda and they provided us with the worst sheet metal for the number plate. Yours is definitely VFM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks