Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:36   #496
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
If you can post some pictures of the scratches with its location then it will help in better understanding and response.

HC
Yes I will take pictures in the evening after dropping my parents to the airport. Car is with brother right now otherwise I would have posted it right away.

But IMO I think com paint will not do the job especially this time.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:43   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecguy7166 View Post
Here is the pic after pasting the logo.
IMO it's looking good and matched perfectly with the Orange display of dash.
Well, I know looks are subjective and some won't like it but I love it
Pardon for the mobile picture quality.
Bluevolt, hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread.

Hey Any Idea if this will fit the OHC. looks real nice on Your Honda .

Thanks
Ryan
ryan_wheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:51   #498
BHPian

Yes, I think it should fit easily on any Honda steering wheel. Its a sufficiently big emblem and will easily cover up the old logo.
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:22   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you can post some pictures of the scratches with its location then it will help in better understanding and response.

HC
Posting the picture.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc04996.jpg
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:58   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Posting the picture.

Attachment 614023
Wow that looks pretty bad for a touch up correction work.
The scratches look deep exposing the undercoat but not deep enough to expose the plastic (black color) beneath.
Also the scratches are scattered in a wide area.
Best would be to get the full bumper repainted assuming that the scratches on the bumper would be minor/acceptable to you, otherwise the new bumper to be bought (you can include fog lamps if you choose this option)
If you can live with the minor touch up covering the exposed paint areas using hand brush, then you can consider this option.
Bumpers anyway get scratched quite easily and so please think it over.
My car too got scratched at the front bumper but the extent of damage is different, will try to post some pictures.

HC
Old 23rd September 2011, 22:38   #501
Senior - BHPian

Pearl Honda does not do touch ups atleast they did not do it for my white beauty. A rickshaw driver busy on mobile phone bumps on the back bumper pushing it out slightly and attaching a L near top of the bumper just near the number plate. Silly man then started laughing, but I was in too good a mood to spoil. Pearl Honda did not even push the bumper back in place.
Old 23rd September 2011, 23:05   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow that looks pretty bad for a touch up correction work.
The scratches look deep exposing the undercoat but not deep enough to expose the plastic (black color) beneath.
Also the scratches are scattered in a wide area.
Best would be to get the full bumper repainted assuming that the scratches on the bumper would be minor/acceptable to you, otherwise the new bumper to be bought (you can include fog lamps if you choose this option)
If you can live with the minor touch up covering the exposed paint areas using hand brush, then you can consider this option.
Bumpers anyway get scratched quite easily and so please think it over.
My car too got scratched at the front bumper but the extent of damage is different, will try to post some pictures.

HC
That's why I'm reluctant in doing anything to this one. Let me try some products like F1 scratch out etc. and see how things can be improved. Will wait for the next service and will ask the SVC guys to do the touch up job with high priority. Should I try com-paint on this? Or on at least some part to see if it is of some help.

The scratch is little big but is not an eyesore that means being on the lower portion of the bumper it is hardly get noticed even by us. Getting a new bumper is definitely not a good idea as this part is the most vulnerable to dents and scratches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Pearl Honda does not do touch ups atleast they did not do it for my white beauty. A rickshaw driver busy on mobile phone bumps on the back bumper pushing it out slightly and attaching a L near top of the bumper just near the number plate. Silly man then started laughing, but I was in too good a mood to spoil. Pearl Honda did not even push the bumper back in place.
Not even Ring Road Honda does it. My friend also has a red Honda City but he often get it touched up from Classic Honda - Mathura Road (Faridabad). Don't know why these showrooms/SVC don’t do this job or try to avoid it. I will try Classic Honda on my next visit to Faridabad.

I must say that these Rickshaws and bikers are very hazardous for cars.

Last edited by bluevolt : 23rd September 2011 at 23:13.
Old 26th September 2011, 22:40   #503
Senior - BHPian

The thread recently crossed 500 posts and 50,000 views; To mark this occasion I am Posting a few pics of Venus.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc04751.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc04754.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc04757.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc04758.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc04761.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc04763.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc04766.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc04768.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0015-copy.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0010.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0006.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0005.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0003.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0001.jpg

The key to i-VTEC

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-017.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th September 2011 at 22:44.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 00:00   #504
BHPian

Quote:
The thread recently crossed 500 posts and 50,000 views; To mark this occasion I am Posting a few pics of Venus.

The key to i-VTEC

Attachment 615484
Beautifully kept car, BTW shouln't you keep both the keys seperately!
Old 28th September 2011, 00:07   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Beautifully kept car, BTW shouln't you keep both the keys seperately!
Thanks mate.

The other key is of the gear shift lock and I have kept the spare key at safe place in home.
Old 28th September 2011, 13:00   #506
Senior - BHPian

Nice car!

Bluevolt, I'm sure the info is in here somewhere but too lazy to look for it - what kind of FE are you getting & in what kind of traffic conditions?

Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 14:09   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Nice car!

Bluevolt, I'm sure the info is in here somewhere but too lazy to look for it - what kind of FE are you getting & in what kind of traffic conditions?

Thanks
Good to see you on the thread sir.

Venus usually returns anything between 15-18 KMPL On highways/freeways/open roads like NH1, DG expressway or empty Ring road.

In bumper to bumper city traffic Venus gives 12-15KMPL mileage figure. To be honest mileage has never dipped below 12 KMPL mark.

The car is capable of delivering more than 18KMPL but it's just the riding/traffic conditions which matters the most.

PS - We need the X1 thread ASAP.

Last edited by bluevolt : 28th September 2011 at 14:11.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 14:25   #508
Senior - BHPian

I had a very similar scratch and my color is wine red so close to yours. I went in for some aggressive rubbing and polishing and managed to make it look quite decent , some of the deeper ones were there but a lot of it got cleaned up.

Quote:
. Let me try some products like F1 scratch out etc. and see how things can be improved.
Old 28th September 2011, 15:21   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I had a very similar scratch and my color is wine red so close to yours. I went in for some aggressive rubbing and polishing and managed to make it look quite decent , some of the deeper ones were there but a lot of it got cleaned up.
I am also planning to do the same but I am yet to buy products like F1 scratch-out etc. I will try to do this ASAP and see if it is of any help.
Old 28th September 2011, 15:32   #510
Senior - BHPian

Just to add , that i did not do it myself with F1 or any of the other products which are available. I took a short trip to Lajpat Nagar and got one of the guys there to do it. The rubbed manually as well as used a machine.

Quote:
I am also planning to do the same but I am yet to buy products like F1 scratch-out etc. I will try to do this ASAP and see if it is of any help.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks