Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 18:50   #571
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Does any one knows why the pin type gear lock is installed on the left side(towards front passenger seat) instead of usual right side in Honda City?

I got the gear lock fitted in our i10 today and that was installed on the right side (it is convenient to lock/unlock). Someone told me that Honda City is an exception?
Old 28th December 2011, 21:20   #572
BHPian

I've got it installed on the left side, shall be posting the pic tomorrow! The dealership offered it as a freebie(part of deal). The brand is AUTOCOP and approved genuine accessory by HONDA

Last edited by breezydrive : 28th December 2011 at 21:23.
Old 28th December 2011, 22:37   #573
Senior - BHPian

And this is what my query is - Why on left side when right side installation is more convenient?
Old 29th December 2011, 01:24   #574
BHPian

Hi bluevolt and other friends,

Remember charthom by any chance?Greetings to you all with a lot of love.

I am at Alexandria,in Egypt,right now.Got access to internet connection after many 3 months.How we take things for granted!!

Could not spot any Honda cars here-though there was an ad about the 2012 Civic in the news paper.

Regarding the squeaking noise-I had been experiencing it in my santro and i10(bluevolt-you too have gone the hyundai way-I can see!),esp during rainy season and if the car has not been in use for some time. The moisture interferes with lubrication and the cold climate increases the viscosity of the grease applied thus increasing the friction. After driving for a while,the temperature comes up-hence less friction.Any takers?

Apart from gear lock,any car alarm is useful? To prevent break-in's?

Bluevolt mate-here is a snap from Giza-A Santro and autorikshaw parked the India way-how nostalgic!!

Love and happy new year,mates!!

Mods-hope this snap is appropriate here.Or else please delete-thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-santro-parked-ahead-autorikshawin-egypt.jpg  

Last edited by charthom : 29th December 2011 at 01:26.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 03:23   #575
BHPian

@Bluevolt
I have the exact same issue with my NHC for the first few kms after that its just fine. My car has done 30000 kms and in Goa the climate isn't as cold as Dehli.

Last edited by sidd_city : 29th December 2011 at 03:28.
Old 29th December 2011, 08:10   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Welcome back. I was wondering where have you been all these days and here you come. Three months without internet connection would have been terrible I guess. Anyway, atleast you have got it now.
Quote:
-here is a snap from Giza-A Santro and autorikshaw parked the India way-how nostalgic!!
I just can't believe that it isn't India. If you had not disclosed the location, it would have passed off as any other Indian city with the Hyundai Santro/Atos and Auto-rickshaw playing the perfect spoilsports.
Old 29th December 2011, 11:23   #577
BHPian

arvi,

Egypt reminded me of India in many ways-and they recognise Indians immediately. Their average roads are better-and high way driving manners are surprisingly much better!!

Happy new year again ,Mate.
Old 29th December 2011, 15:01   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecguy7166 View Post
Hello guys,

Finally received the Honda Mugen logo today by courier.
Yet, to stick it to the steering.
The quality looks okay but nothing of sorts to write home about.
But, I think it's still better than having a faded/peeled logo on steering wheel which was a complete eyesore. It's also got a sticker behind it, so it's just a simple pasting job on steering. Total damage: 500 + 50 for courier= 550/-

Here is the pic.
Hello Vtecguy,

I am in need for the Honda Mugen logo as my chrome one is almost turning white. It would be great if you could pass me the vendor details.

I have been following this thread quitely as a spectator for quite some time and really impressed with the knowledge and experience of i-VTEC owners. I have a 2009 i-VTEC and will be completing 3 years in Feb.
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 17:38   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am at Alexandria,in Egypt,right now.Got access to internet connection after many 3 months.How we take things for granted!!

Could not spot any Honda cars here-though there was an ad about the 2012 Civic in the news paper.

Bluevolt mate-here is a snap from Giza-A Santro and autorikshaw parked the India way-how nostalgic!!

Love and happy new year,mates!!

Mods-hope this snap is appropriate here.Or else please delete-thanks!!
Hi Charthom,

How can we forget you? You should be kidding mate

Nice to see you back after so much time. And that pic looks like that it is taken in an Indian City,no difference at all.

I guess you must be aware of the newly launched facelifted City with sunroof?

Hope to see you back again with full action with your Honda City. I hope you must be missing your car very badly.

Happy New Year!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 18:18   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I haven't noticed this so far but that may be also the result of accumulated mud/dirt along with the winter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Hi Bluevolt,
I started to encounter the issue earlier as my day starts quite early at around 4am thus the drop in temperature was hitting me quite early.
Hi bluevolt and Friends,
(Almost reminds me of RK Narayan's Swami and Friends !)

Your posts of observations of effects of cold on 'equipments' reminded me of my days with my trusted old Zen in Delhi/Gurgaon when I was working there almost 12 years ago.
Almost the same problems of...errr...early morning 'stiffness' (of gears and brakes) and creaking metal parts/suspension was common in the Zen too.

The trick then was to - start the engine and run for about 3 minutes. After that pump the clutch and brakes alternatively 5-6 times - by this your legs are also warmed up. Drive off and only after about 5 minutes of running - start the car heater/blower flow.
The suspension/metal creaking however will persist for sometime. Your Q of why only in the front and not in the back - I can hazard a guess, as then and even now, that it could be due to the set up/layout - but by and large due the effect of cold on metal, weight of the engine in the front and the metal's/s' relative contraction into the bushes etc.

Have some cold fun !

Last edited by Guderian : 29th December 2011 at 18:20.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 20:53   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian

Hi bluevolt and Friends,

Your posts of observations of effects of cold on 'equipments' reminded me of my days with my trusted old Zen in Delhi/Gurgaon when I was working there almost 12 years ago.
Almost the same problems of...errr...early morning 'stiffness' (of gears and brakes) and creaking metal parts/suspension was common in the Zen too.

The trick then was to - start the engine and run for about 3 minutes. After that pump the clutch and brakes alternatively 5-6 times - by this your legs are also warmed up. Drive off and only after about 5 minutes of running - start the car heater/blower flow.
The suspension/metal creaking however will persist for sometime. Your Q of why only in the front and not in the back - I can hazard a guess, as then and even now, that it could be due to the set up/layout - but by and large due the effect of cold on metal, weight of the engine in the front and the metal's/s' relative contraction into the bushes etc.

Have some cold fun !
Malguddi days reminder is epic

Thanks for brainstorming. I agree with you.

Yeah, pumping of brakes and clutch is currently norm for me. I now wonder should I do it before I start the engine or post. I am currently doing it while the engine warms up. I have driven cars in Scandinavia but seldom heard the creaking noise. I am sure the components are different for the climate.
Old 29th December 2011, 22:37   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi bluevolt and Friends,

Have some cold fun !
Thanks Guderian for the useful post. Will follow this method and share results.

I was thinking if synthetic engine oil could help but then realized that this ain't a bike and gear box has different oil case .

I was also referring to City's maintenance schedule and found M/T oil change only at 60K Kms and that's long time.

Let me ask my service advisor about this and see what they have to say about this issue.

PS - Surprisingly this issue does not exist in my 4 year and 9 month old old WagonR.

Last edited by bluevolt : 29th December 2011 at 22:39.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 13:08   #583
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Can we play songs via Bluetooth by attaching a USB Bluetooth dongle to the head unit USB port?
Old 30th December 2011, 19:06   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
Guys, Can we play songs via Bluetooth by attaching a USB Bluetooth dongle to the head unit USB port?
I doubt that will work. When you use Bluetooth dongle on a laptop/desktop you also install related driver. That is not possible in a car.
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2012, 00:03   #585
Senior - BHPian

Part I

Ok guys here it is – The New Year 2012. The reason for the post is not only this but also on my completion of one year on team-bhp (membership was approved in January 2011). And I am very happy to see myself as a Senior BHPian in such short time. It’s not that I keep spamming but it’s due to the fact that I love team-bhp so much that I log in at least 10 times a day (Except when I am away from internet). And No, I am not kidding, Team-BHP admins can track my account activity to find the truth. I was member of many other forums but I left all of them after I joined Team-BHP. Another fact is that I have learnt a lot from many BHPians without even meeting them in person. People say that Team-BHP is no. one Indian Automotive forum but I say No! It’s not just number one automotive forum, it is a number one website in all aspects. Be it the quality content, member base or easy to use interference, it’s just fantastic (I love the shifting gears section more than other sub forums like technical stuff or vintage.) It’s a complete package I would rather say. Thanks GTO for founding Team-BHP.

I wish all Team-BHPians and their families a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2012 and wish all the best to Team-BHP.

Part II

Here is a small photo-shoot of Venus (New Year treat ). These photos are taken on Minto Road, Delhi. I have couple of more photo-shoots but will post them later as they need some processing. I hope Venus will have a rocking year ahead and you guys do drop in to check out the snaps, service updates and helping me clearing my queries/doubts regularly.
Keep Revving!

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-2.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-3.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-4.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-5.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-6.jpg

Name:  city 7.jpg
Views: 1553
Size:  67.9 KB

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-8.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-city-9.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 1st January 2012 at 00:14.
bluevolt is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks