Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 15:28   #646
Team-BHP Support

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Here is the screenshot of the drive between the two toll gates of Mumbai-Pune Expressway. It was my first attempt at it, may improve in later attempts.
Quite a playful app; I'm sure you can pass a lot of time checking out various parameters.

Btw, is the G-force listed during hard acceleration or hard braking or just normal driving?

Also, how much was the error in the car speedo and the app? Understandably, the app (just like the GPS) would have a diff. speedo reading than the car's speedometer.
Old 7th February 2012, 15:48   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

Oh that's good. Can you share the top speed achieved here or via PM if it is on higher side.
Top speed of ANHC is very good. My top speed is as good as any other ANGC, though not in this trip. I stayed ahead of a BMW 5 series and a Honda Civic for long durations ;-)
Old 7th February 2012, 15:53   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

Quite a playful app; I'm sure you can pass a lot of time checking out various parameters.

Btw, is the G-force listed during hard acceleration or hard braking or just normal driving?

Also, how much was the error in the car speedo and the app? Understandably, the app (just like the GPS) would have a diff. speedo reading than the car's speedometer.
I suppose max G-force was experienced during cornering, I love high speed cornering.

The app's speedo was showing 4.6% lower speed than the car's speedo. I couldn't set the digital speedo in ANHC, forgot the process, else I would have got the precise top speed.
Old 7th February 2012, 15:58   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran

I suppose max G-force was experienced during cornering, I love high speed cornering.

The app's speedo was showing 4.6% lower speed than the car's speedo. I couldn't set the digital speedo in ANHC, forgot the process, else I would have got the precise top speed.
Here is the screenshot of G force during the measurement interval.

Name:  image3782581968.png
Views: 1807
Size:  162.7 KB
Old 7th February 2012, 16:58   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't set the digital speedo in ANHC, forgot the process, else I would have got the precise top speed.
The process is mentioned here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2387886
Old 7th February 2012, 17:20   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I'll test my precise top speed with this (if I get an opportunity) during my next trip.
Old 7th February 2012, 17:33   #652
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for going off topic but can't resist myself from posting this.

Even Google suggests team-bhp first.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-untitled.jpg
Old 7th February 2012, 19:14   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for going off topic but can't resist myself from posting this.

Even Google suggests team-bhp first.
No doubt we are better at judgment than the journos, after all we live with the cars
Old 8th February 2012, 19:03   #654
Senior - BHPian

Completed 9000 Kms today while returning from Surajkund mela. No issues as such to report except for the horn which I will get fixed at next service. Overall mileage was 15.6 KMPL as per MID, very happy with the mileage figures.

Next update - 10,000 KM service. Cheers!

Name:  DSC06127.JPG
Views: 3484
Size:  82.3 KB
Old 8th February 2012, 22:28   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I was searching for genuine Honda City accessories on google and found this page Honda City: About City : Overview

Wonder how City ZX page still exists on Honda India site.

Quote:
The website is indeed of City ZX India. Pugmarks.net is hosting server which is showing in domain name because the account has expired.
Agreed pugmarks.net is a hosting server but that does not mean City ZX page still exists on Honda India site. Is it accessible from Honda Brio|Honda jazz|Honda City|Honda Accord|Honda Civic|Honda CRV|Honda Assure|Honda Auto Terrace|Honda Customer One2One|Honda Cars India|Honda Car Dealers

There are so many phishing sites hosted on some or the other server these days.

Sorry for OT
Rock 'n' rollz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 22:58   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please download the picture of engine bay and zoom (if required) to recognize those parts on which I have put numbers.

Attachment 566441

Attachment 566440
Quote:
Questions still need to be answered

Q4 Identification of 3, 5,?
Guys 3 is the ABS unit and 5 is engine mount(most probably). Will find about more parts.
Old 11th February 2012, 23:41   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, I guess most cars speedo's are about ~3-5% optimistic. So, that would explain this error.

----------------------------------------------

Bluevolt, sorry if this has been asked earlier, but why dont you go in for some kwel looking alloys?. Your cars color is one of the best for some great alloy designs!
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 10:36   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Bluevolt, sorry if this has been asked earlier, but why dont you go in for some kwel looking alloys?. Your cars color is one of the best for some great alloy designs!
Yes it is suggested 'n' number of times by fellow members, looks like I am kind of stubborn. .

Actually the issue is that I don't want to go for cheap Chinese alloys and Honda OEM are quite expensive 30K+. Don't have budget for this purpose.

Another reason - I feel that alloys gets easily bend/damage in comparison to steel rims. (I frequently drive in Haryana towns, also delhi/NCR is no good too).

Alloys and a tyre upgrade is in my wish list but it's due to budget constraints I am avoiding it. Alloys and tyre upgrade only after finishing the current set of tyres - may be by 40-50K KMs.
Old 12th February 2012, 12:41   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Completed 9000 Kms today while returning from Surajkund mela. No issues as such to report except for the horn which I will get fixed at next service. Overall mileage was 15.6 KMPL as per MID, very happy with the mileage figures.

Next update - 10,000 KM service. Cheers!

Attachment 884685
bluevolt, congrats on completing 9k KM on the ANHC, I am at 8,200 though.
What's the problem with the horn? I though you got it replaced under warranty.
I replaced one of the two horns about 6 months back and again there is some problem with it.
ANHC horns are notorious I guess.
Good mileage too there for you. Do you use power petrol/speed petrol etc.,?

Quote:
Yes it is suggested 'n' number of times by fellow members, looks like I am kind of stubborn. .

Actually the issue is that I don't want to go for cheap Chinese alloys and Honda OEM are quite expensive 30K+. Don't have budget for this purpose.

Another reason - I feel that alloys gets easily bend/damage in comparison to steel rims. (I frequently drive in Haryana towns, also delhi/NCR is no good too).

Alloys and a tyre upgrade is in my wish list but it's due to budget constraints I am avoiding it. Alloys and tyre upgrade only after finishing the current set of tyres - may be by 40-50K KMs.
Bluevolt, Honda OEM alloys are no more expensive than after market alloys.
In fact you can bargain hard and get a good deal like I did while buying the car. Now my car almost looks like VMT
It is a myth that alloys get damaged more easily than steel rims.
If you buy a good quality alloys, they are stronger yet lighter than steel rims.
Of course you have to take care of them while parking close to side walks, not to brush against any objects while parking, extra careful while changing the wheels so that scratches are not made etc.,
I guess you have ZVTV as OE tires, in which case your wait for tire replacement along with alloys with the current level of usage would be pretty long.
If you are lucky you may get good exchange offer for the existing tires.

HC
Habanero City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 13:04   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
bluevolt, congrats on completing 9k KM on the ANHC, I am at 8,200 though.
Thanks HC.

Quote:
What's the problem with the horn? I though you got it replaced under warranty.
I replaced one of the two horns about 6 months back and again there is some problem with it.
ANHC horns are notorious I guess.
Earlier the horn used to sound different every time when used. Now only one horn is functional, I guess its high tone which is working. Many owners have reported horn issues; it is one weak area of Honda City. I will get it replaced during next service at 10K KMs (most probably in March).

Quote:
Good mileage too there for you. Do you use power petrol/speed petrol etc.,?
I use normal unleaded only. Which one do you use and what's your average? I guess normal unleaded is best.

Quote:
Bluevolt, Honda OEM alloys are no more expensive than after market alloys.
In fact you can bargain hard and get a good deal like I did while buying the car. Now my car almost looks like VMT
It is a myth that alloys get damaged more easily than steel rims.
If you buy a good quality alloys, they are stronger yet lighter than steel rims.
Of course you have to take care of them while parking close to side walks, not to brush against any objects while parking, extra careful while changing the wheels so that scratches are not made etc.,
I guess you have ZVTV as OE tires, in which case your wait for tire replacement along with alloys with the current level of usage would be pretty long.
If you are lucky you may get good exchange offer for the existing tires.

HC
Last time when I inquired from Ring Road they quoted 30K in exchange of steel rims. I will try to bargain during next service. Let' see how things goes.

I agree that alloys are way better than steel rims as they are lighter and help in good handling, better mileage and of course they look good too. I got Good year tyres with my car. Thanks for your suggestion, I will reconsider.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks