Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2012, 22:31   #706
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I spotted this gold beige Honda City with angel eyes ON and I must say it was looking spectacular. At the red light I grabbed my P&S(yes I keep my P&S in car hoping to spot a scoop someday team-bhp effect).

Ever since I spotted this Honda City I am too thinking of getting this type of lights for my car. I am complete noob when it comes to lighting etc.

Guys please have a look at the photo I took of that car and tell me whether it was angel eye, projecter, DRL or anything else?

Attachment 900111
They are projectors with CFL rings, you can get them fitted in your ride for around 20k. Here's a link showcasing headlight modification for honda city .

HONDA projectors(city all models),civic,accord | Facebook

Cheers
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 00:00   #707
BHPian

does it help to use premium petrol for City. does anyone know about chip remap pros and cons. thnx
Old 18th March 2012, 07:39   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif
does it help to use premium petrol for City. does anyone know about chip remap pros and cons. thnx
Yes you can use premium petrol. The caution is to use minimum 91 RON.
Chip remap has been discussed a lot in the modification section, kindly search for the exact details and discussion.

Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 14:43   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif View Post
I have never used premium petrol in my cars. I don't think they do any good if not any harm. No idea about chip remap etc, requesting experts to chip in.

Guys I think the prices of Honda City are being revised as price list on Honda site is under revision.

PS - Just noted that this thread has crossed 100000+ views. I hope this thread was/is helpful for prospective City buyers and owners.

Let me bring something special for you guys in couple of days.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 21:34   #710
BHPian

Quote:
PS - Just noted that this thread has crossed 100000+ views. I hope this thread was/is helpful for prospective City buyers and owners.

Hey BV,

Congrats for crossing 100000 mark mate.Your thread really deserves to be visited many more times

Waiting eagerly for that somerthing special.

I could see that you have changed the title of your thread.My dear mate-do you hold grudge against the world-which includes us,your loyal friends,sigh..
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 11:13   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif View Post
tamsaif, as far as I have read in the manual, the makers advise use of regular petrol. Not sure why would you need to fill in premium petrol.

Chip remaps will certainly void your warranty

Quote:
Guys I think the prices of Honda City are being revised as price list on Honda site is under revision.

BV its being revised upwards to about 20k-25k to pass on the excise hike. Was told by the SA at the Honda showroom when I went to book my BIL's Honda.

PS - Just noted that this thread has crossed 100000+ views. I hope this thread was/is helpful for prospective City buyers and owners. - Congrats

Let me bring something special for you guys in couple of days. - Angel Eyes or DRL's ? whats it going to be.
arup.misra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 13:11   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats BV! Your thread is the pitstop for all things related to the City at T-BHP, complimented by some wonderful photoshoots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Angel Eyes or DRL's ? whats it going to be.
I think it's going to be a superb little photoshoot, vintage gloss style, like BV has often shown us in the past. Although I am sure he is definitely on the lookout for the projectors and will update soon on that front.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 15:26   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Hey BV,

Congrats for crossing 100000 mark mate.Your thread really deserves to be visited many more times

Waiting eagerly for that somerthing special.
Thanks Charthom and welcome back. I hope now you are back to the country. It' been long since you are playing hide and seek with us. Waiting eagerly for the update from your side about the life and your City AT with pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
I could see that you have changed the title of your thread.My dear mate-do you hold grudge against the world-which includes us,your loyal friends,sigh..
Ha! Yes I do hold grudge against the world but this does not include you and others City owners my friend. Actually it was very tough for Honda City to survive in the past and almost everyone was thrashing this great car (even here on t-bhp) like now a days people are thrashing Sachin Tendulkar. I as a owner and fan tried to be honest and support the car and always wished that the City continues to be aspirational vehicle even with new launches and soaring fuel prices. And I am very happy to inform you that City was number one selling C+ segment sedan in the month of Feb.
I am actually little bit emotionally attached with Venus that's why I always put some weird and stupid thread titles.

Quote:
BV its being revised upwards to about 20k-25k to pass on the excise hike. Was told by the SA at the Honda showroom when I went to book my BIL's Honda.
Yup the budget effect and this will apply to all cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Congrats BV! Your thread is the pitstop for all things related to the City at T-BHP, complimented by some wonderful photoshoots.
Thanks my friend!

Quote:
Angel Eyes or DRL's ? whats it going to be.
Quote:
Although I am sure he is definitely on the lookout for the projectors and will update soon on that front.
How I wish it was true!

Quote:
I think it's going to be a superb little photoshoot, vintage gloss style, like BV has often shown us in the past.
Absolutely spot on! This is only what a poor man like me could do to his car!

Along with very little photoshoot there will be something else also relevant to the thread title. Please bear with me till I update the thread.

PS - Thanks guys, I am lucky to interact with such nice people like you and all this was possible because of Team-BHP.

Last edited by bluevolt : 19th March 2012 at 15:48.
Old 19th March 2012, 17:05   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ha! Yes I do hold grudge against the world but this does not include you and others City owners my friend. Actually it was very tough for Honda City to survive in the past and almost everyone was thrashing this great car (even here on t-bhp) like now a days people are thrashing Sachin Tendulkar. I as a owner and fan tried to be honest and support the car and always wished that the City continues to be aspirational vehicle even with new launches and soaring fuel prices. And I am very happy to inform you that City was number one selling C+ segment sedan in the month of Feb.
I am actually little bit emotionally attached with Venus that's why I always put some weird and stupid thread titles.
We all are, my friend. Yes, after Pegasus came into my life I realise what attachment an owner feels towards his own personal steed - he is like a son, a friend, a mate who is always there for you no matter what.

And yes, the City has been thrashed very unfairly without any fault of it's own. In fact, it's holding it's ground pretty stubbornly even after cutthroat competition in it's segment. Over 6000 dealer dispatches in February 2012 itself speaks volumes about this majestic car! All the competition has been totally smoked and left in the dust! Maybe now the critics can shut their collective mouths as the Emperor ascends his throne yet again!

Quote:
How I wish it was true!
Not true?! I was pretty sure you would be on the lookout for the angel eyes projectors, my friend. If the pricing is too high then wait it out for a bit - things like these become cheaper as their availability increases in the after markets. Just postpone the hunt for some time, and keep a tab on the pricing.

Quote:
Absolutely spot on! This is only what a poor man like me could do to his car!

Along with very little photoshoot there will be something else also relevant to the thread title. Please bear with me till I update the thread.
LOL! None of us are poor if we have the King with us, my friend. Even if we invest our last penny on Him, it's money well spent. He will not fail us in any of our times of need. Look at me - all my bank accounts are practically empty right now, but I am happy and proud!

Something else? My curiosity is increasing. Waiting eagerly for your special treat. It will definitely be something special now, I can feel it.

Thanks, BV. You are the best!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 21:46   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Charthom and welcome back. I hope now you are back to the country. It' been long since you are playing hide and seek with us. Waiting eagerly for the update from your side about the life and your City AT with pictures!
Thanks mate.I am still at Colombo-in fact I never reached back home.

I flew down from Montreal and the family came from India. We had an emotional re-union on the 9th,at Colombo air port to the amusement of the kind hearted Sri Lankans. Will reach home on 22nd-hopefully will update on the City soon after.

Let us not hold any grudges mate-the tree full of fruits will get more stoning. It is a proof of City's superiority.

More soon-enjoy Venus to the most.

Love,

charthom.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 23:09   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not true?! I was pretty sure you would be on the lookout for the angel eyes projectors, my friend. If the pricing is too high then wait it out for a bit - things like these become cheaper as their availability increases in the after markets. Just postpone the hunt for some time, and keep a tab on the pricing.
Exactly! The prices are very steep i.e. 25K minimum for basic package. And I don't want to go for Chinese brands, it will be unfair to use some cheap product on this car. I will rather keep my car stock if I don't have budget for quality products but will definitely stay away from cheapos! This is also the reason for keeping the stock steel rims.

Let' see if I am able to save for such 'Extras'.
Old 20th March 2012, 13:47   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly! The prices are very steep i.e. 25K minimum for basic package. And I don't want to go for Chinese brands, it will be unfair to use some cheap product on this car. I will rather keep my car stock if I don't have budget for quality products but will definitely stay away from cheapos! This is also the reason for keeping the stock steel rims.

Let' see if I am able to save for such 'Extras'.
BV, just curious to know won't installing Angel eyes void the warranty? How about HIDs or Xenon they'll look good too won't it?
Old 20th March 2012, 14:04   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BV, just curious to know won't installing Angel eyes void the warranty? How about HIDs or Xenon they'll look good too won't it?
AFAIK these aftermarket fitment will void warranty as per warranty manual "Any damage that results from modifications not approved by HSCI (vehicle performance modifications, reduction of lights, enlargements, other changes and non genuine accessories"
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 17:39   #719
Senior - BHPian

Here are the photos and a small video slideshow as I promised! Please turn on the speakers and allow the video to load completely before playing.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-1.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-2.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-3.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-5.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-6.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-7.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-8.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-9.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-11.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-12.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-13.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-14.jpg

bluevolt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 20:01   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the photos and a small video slideshow as I promised!

Buddy, as I said before, City is an opera and we are the conductor. It's indeed coming true with noble & passionate lovers like you.

Kudos to you .

Wish this love affair continues for years and we be privileged to be part of this history
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed