Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2012, 20:13   #736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
It was time for the 10,000 KM service. I Went to Ring Road Honda for this job.

-> On Horns – Were replaced under warranty. The SA just honked and asked for the warranty booklet. No questions were asked, no tuning anything. Looks like every other Honda City has this horn issue, that's why they are so familiar about it. The low tone horn was not working. I insisted on getting the complete set changed and they agreed
Wow! I like the no questions asked thing. Did they show you the old ones? Did you thoroughly check the horn under stress I.e, with lights on and deceleration?

Quote:
-> On Shuddering
I don't think it's common. Mine doesn't do it. I felt some vibration and asked the SA to tighten the engine mount, no problem whatsoever. Try for few days and you can always go back.

Quote:
I opted for mineral oil only. There were lots of tape adhesive marks left due to the flower decoration at the time of my brother's marriage in November. I tried washing the car several times but the marks were not coming off.
Good choice of oil as you are regular with servicing and low on mileage. Else synthetic is amazing, recently sat in a friends year old city with 50000 on odo, he is mad he is running synthetic. Engine had amazing free revs.

On tapes, never stick it on the body, try to use the adhesive on glass area, things I learnt getting many cars decorated for friends and family.

Quote:
Overall it was very nice experience at Ring Road Honda just like every time, will give them 9/10 (cutting one mark as there is always some scope for improvement). They offer good after sales support and listen to customer & take action accordingly. The waiting lounge has TV, internet (I logged into team-bhp couple of time in afternoon from there only), facilities for Tea, Coffee, magazines, brochures etc.
Did not have a great time with RR Honda in Gurgaon, I am sure they have better team in Delhi.

Quote:
Finally the Beauty - Just see the gloss on the bonnet-Paisa Vasool Shine
You said it, paisa vasool, totally.

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 24th March 2012 at 20:16.
Old 26th March 2012, 16:32   #737
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Wow! I like the no questions asked thing. Did they show you the old ones? Did you thoroughly check the horn under stress I.e, with lights on and deceleration?
Yes I asked them to return the old horns but they refused to give it back to me as per company policy but I told them to at least show me the old horns and they did. There is still slight change in sound when break is presses with headlight ON but during day there is no issue.

Quote:
I don't think it's common. Mine doesn't do it. I felt some vibration and asked the SA to tighten the engine mount, no problem whatsoever. Try for few days and you can always go back.
The SA told me to try starting the other Honda City V and it was same with that car also. May be the normal thing is appearing abnormal to me. Can you figure out anything abnormal in the video I posted in previous post?

I will keep a check and confirm with some other dealer like Classic Honda, Faridabad.

Quote:

Good choice of oil as you are regular with servicing and low on mileage. Else synthetic is amazing, recently sat in a friends year old city with 50000 on odo, he is mad he is running synthetic. Engine had amazing free revs.
+1, Synthetic oils are must for extreme drivings but for regular joes Mineral is more than enough.

Quote:
On tapes, never stick it on the body, try to use the adhesive on glass area, things I learnt getting many cars decorated for friends and family.
Will keep this thing in mind at the time of my marriage.

Quote:
Did not have a great time with RR Honda in Gurgaon, I am sure they have better team in Delhi.
I will give equal marks to both branches. Sad to know your experience from RR is not satisfactory i.e. why I gave them 9/10 instead of 10/10 as there is always scope for improvement. I am yet to try Pearl Honda for service, maybe next time.

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th March 2012 at 16:33.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 17:20   #738
Senior - BHPian

[quote="bluevolt"]
Can you figure out anything abnormal in the video I posted in previous post?./QUOTE]

The shudder is not truly clear from the engine bay and sound, maybe you can post the steering wheel shudder. A slight vibe is given for any engine while it's cranked first.
Old 26th March 2012, 21:57   #739
BHPian

Has anyone tried fitting any other horn to the ANHC like Hella or so. My original horns just seems to conk off , if you hold on it for a while. It sounds like someone is strangling its throat I think ANHC comes with the worst horns as OEM fitment.

I like the way VW horns sound, any idea how we can get that fitted?
Old 27th March 2012, 00:20   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Has anyone tried fitting any other horn to the ANHC like Hella or so. My original horns just seems to conk off , if you hold on it for a while. It sounds like someone is strangling its throat I think ANHC comes with the worst horns as OEM fitment.

I like the way VW horns sound, any idea how we can get that fitted?
Just few days back member B103 Has upgraded to aftermarket Hella horns in his Honda City and he his extremely satisfied with new horns.

But if your car is under warranty (which I am sure is) then I suggest you to get the stock horns replaced just like I did and then go for the after market ones. You will at least have working OEM spare horns along with after market horns.

You are right that current gen Honda City's horn is quite weak, In fact horn was much better in previous gen (dolphin shape) Honda City. It was like Civic only.

AFAIK VW and Skoda horns are same. You can get Skoda horns from any accessory shop and get it installed by qualified car electrician.

Last edited by bluevolt : 27th March 2012 at 00:23.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 19:14   #741
Senior - BHPian

Here is a video of the sound of new horns replaced under warranty. Notice that the sound is much louder and sweeter, I guess the horns are of 2012 City. RavenAvi, NitinRai can you confirm after watching the video?

PS - I have noticed that after every service there is sudden drop in car's mileage. The day before I got my car serviced MID was showing 15.6KMPL, when I received the car MID was showing 10.8KMPL and after driving the car for around 40-50KM after service the MID is displaying 13.6 KMPL which I usually gets in severe stop and go traffic but I am getting this mileage on highway also. I know same thing happened after previous service and things improved after few hundred kilometers, though the mileage is increasing I want to know why there is drop in mileage after the service whereas it should actually go up?
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 12:30   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
though the mileage is increasing I want to know why there is drop in mileage after the service whereas it should actually go up?
BV I think the hors sounds ok, nothing different from the older ones. Maybe it's the audio compression or maybe I do not use the horn to often to remember

This is not a cold start for sure and it seems perfectly fine wrt vibes we last discussed.

The drop in mileage can be assumed due to the idle engine running during servicing and in house short runs that the service centre does from one port to another sometimes to accommodate other cars or parking issues. Also while the engine oil is replaced and filter changed there is some leakage of fuel. This the computer might calculate as per the range and fuel while you reset the last trip odo. Now that you start driving the your efficient driving style is making the computer recalculate the mileage.

E.g., this happened with me earlier today.
The fuel gauge showed I was almost tripping Empty, it was 4 am so I went straight to work rather than pump. The range showed me 42 while I was cruising at 40 kmpl with no traffic. Then while I started for home at 8, the low fuel warning light came on an the range showed me 20 km. distance covered was 14 km during the trip. So the on board calculation takes time (in increments for sure) to calculate the right mileage and range. Totally depends on the driving style.

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 29th March 2012 at 12:31.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 23:15   #743
BHPian

hi guys, the A/C button in my City S-MT heats up after 10-15min of switching on. anybody experience the same. yet to ask the dealer though. thnx.
Old 30th March 2012, 05:59   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif
hi guys, the A/C button in my City S-MT heats up after 10-15min of switching on. anybody experience the same. yet to ask the dealer though. thnx.
Every city owner knows this. No fix but its not a big issue. The led behind causes it.
Sn1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 06:26   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r

Every city owner knows this. No fix but its not a big issue. The led behind causes it.
Strange - LEDs dont emit much heat - may be the current through the AC switch is higher than what the circuit was designed for. I had this problem in my Zen and some additional soldering solved it.

Edit: get the contacts on ac switch checked. A loosely connected connector could also be the cause.

Last edited by autocrat : 30th March 2012 at 06:39.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 07:15   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat

Strange - LEDs dont emit much heat - may be the current through the AC switch is higher than what the circuit was designed for. I had this problem in my Zen and some additional soldering solved it.

Edit: get the contacts on ac switch checked. A loosely connected connector could also be the cause.
I wrote in laymen terms, yes the current is high as the circuit is shared. But LEDs do emit heat (I have 2W LED setup elsewhere and it does get hot).
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 09:40   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post

I had this concern during my first few months of ownership, they gave me the explaination of circuit and inconjuction with the color of the LED (AC one is different from all other).

Nothing to worry though.
Old 30th March 2012, 15:26   #748
Senior - BHPian

Strange! In my 15 month of ownership I never experienced the heating of A/C switch. I will notice if this issue is with my car also.
Old 30th March 2012, 15:30   #749
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif View Post
Happens in mine too; although not as quick as 15mins.

The Hazard light button in my Corsa heats up after some time too!

Quote:
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Strange! In my 15 month of ownership I never experienced the heating of A/C switch. I will notice if this issue is with my car also.
The button per se doesn't heat up; it's the LED part that is in heat.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 19:52   #750
BHPian

is it recommended to use seat covers on top if the beige covers i got. not sure if they are easy to remove/maintain. also, the how does one clean the arm rest which has furry cloth like texture. thnx.

Most Viewed