Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2017, 13:16   #1156
BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghate View Post
I stay in Chinchwad and I get mine serviced from Deccan Honda in Pimpri. So far the experience has been good. If you are staying somewhere near to PCMC then I would recommend that Service Center.

Regards,
aghate
Thanks! I have heard good stuff about Deccan honda. Do you know the authorities/ senior manager/s there? I need to change the brake fluid, coolant etc in my car

Aditya
Old 27th January 2017, 18:46   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Thanks! I have heard good stuff about Deccan honda. Do you know the authorities/ senior manager/s there? I need to change the brake fluid, coolant etc in my car

Aditya

You're welcome!
I don't know anyone personally but I can ensure that the staff is very polite and cooperative. You have access to the workshop floor to watch your vehicle getting serviced as well.

Regards,

aghate
Old 10th February 2017, 22:13   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Got the 45K KMs service done for Venus today.

Will come to the service experience in the later part of the post, first details of the service ->

KMs - 45299

Jobs Done includes -

-> Synthetic Engine Oil Replacement - Rs. 1621
-> Injector Cleaning - Rs. 930
-> Throttle Body Cleaning - Rs. 390
-> Paid service charges - Rs. 2380
-> Oil Filter - Rs. 160
-> AC filter - Rs. 460
-> Air Filter - Rs. 990
-> Clips for engine cover underbody - Rs. 550
-> Coolant top up - Rs. 170
-> Misc Charges - Rs. 800
-> Taxes - Rs. 800

Total amount paid - Rs. 8499.

The airbag component that was the part of recall a year back was also replaced.

Now coming to the service experience from Ring Road Honda never misses a chance to disappoint me. Pathetic service staff, service advisors and a bunch of complete jokers who are handling the service facility up there.

I reached the service center at 8.30 AM sharp, and there was no single car ahead of me for the service queue. No one was present to attend my car as well. After waiting for half an hour one service advisor came up and opened the job card. I strictly told him to not to include any job without my prior approval. He still kept insisting on the battery being low on gravity and needs to be replaced and other blah blah advice to which I kept refusing. So around 9-15 am my job card was opened and mine was the first car to enter the service bay.

Around 11.30 my car' service was done and it was moved to washing bay at 12.00PM after unnecessarily wasting another half an hour. I called the Service advisor to know the status of my car and I received a reply "Kaam Ho rha hai"

I waited till 1 PM and again went to check my car and found it to be at the same place where it was at 12 PM. Afterwards Lunch timings started and my car was again untouched till 1.50PM. I called up the service advisor he gave me the same stupid reply "Kaam ho rha hai" and advised me to contact his senior if I have issues regarding the delay.

I went to this moron who calls himself the AGM of the service department. Now what amazed me was the idiotic response that I received from the guy instead of receiving an apology and assurance to expedite my car's washing and cleaning work and deliver me a bit faster.

This gentleman told me to stay in the customer service area and not to roam around the workshop premises. He told me I can not follow up where my car is where it is being parked, why it is being still not sent to washing when it was the first car to be sent for the service in the workshop. I was told I have the right to complain only after the designated time mentioned in the job card has passed. He told me how I should not guide him how to manage his workshop when the guy probably doesn't even know what management is and how it is done. Till then I have to wait in the customer service area. The original time on my job card was 1.30pm but it was crossed and rewritten as 3.30 pm.

Now what I can expect from the service advisor when the so-called AGM of the service department of the workshop doesn't know how to behave and speak to the customers. No further escalation channels out there. I gave him my piece of mind and I got my car back at 4 pm when it should have been delivered by 1 PM at the max.

The way these idiots behaved amazes me to the extent that not even a bicycle service center will not behave to a person who has bought his cycle for oiling or a just air refill.

Such a pathetic service experience yet again from Ring Road Honda, Peeragarhi, Delhi.

Can someone help me out on this issue - how to escalate this behaviour with Honda Corporate who can teach a lesson or two such kind of unprofessionally trained people out there in service centers!

My last service experience at Crown Honda Noida was so good.

Anyways, after getting out of the service mess, I went to a tyre dealer nearby home in Sector-11 Rohini and got the tyres of my City replaced with new set of Ceat Milaze 175/65/15. The Total amount was Rs. 13,000 for all four tyres. Wheel balancing was done and all four tyres were fitted followed by the alignment. One of the newer previous Goodyear tyre was kept as spare Stephany. The existing tyres still have some useful tread left and I could have used them easily for next 5k KMs but decided to go for the new sets considering their 5+ years age. With summers soon setting in here in Delhi/NCR and with few trips planned, I went for the new tyres.

The Odo now reads 45350 KMs and with new shoes and service done, Venus is all set to rule the roads for another 10K Kms. I now follow the 10K Kms service interval after switching from mineral to fully synthetic engine oil.

The City facelift is coming up but still nothing too significant in it that will make me trade in my City for this facelift.

I will be keeping the Venus for at least two more years, probably till the time 5th Gen City hits the market hopefully by Jan-Feb 2019.

Total expenditure for the day for Venus - Rs. 21,500

Here are few pics from the day!

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1134.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1136.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1141.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1144.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1145.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1148.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1153.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1155.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1158.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 20:20   #1159
BHPian

My city (s-mt) is 5+ years old, run 50k km and drives like a dream. It was bought at little more than 8 lakhs ON ROAD in 2011. This was few weeks before the facelift, so heavy discounts; very suprising to see the base 2017 model start at 8.5 lakhs EX SHOWROOM and not even come with a driver armrest . 17 lakhs on road in some cities even for toppest of the top model in my opinion is not value for money at all, considering it is only a c2 segment car.

Personally, it is best petrol manual car I have driven. Very comfortable seats, light clutch, decent brakes, peppy engine.
To be honest even the third gen is built quite light, the doors are light and the sound insulation is bad, engine and outside noise is heard easily. However unlike the fourth gen, there are no niggles or quality issues AT ALL.

Hopefully Honda ups their game with the 5th generation and maybe it'll be the replacement to my 2011 model.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 21:24   #1160
BHPian

3rd gen city owners :-

1)
My car is due for 50k service and I can hear the brakes screeching, meaning brake pads will have to be changed.
Will the discs have to skimmed as well?

2)
Does the brake job affect alignment? Asking because I need to change the tyres as well so will do it before/after service accordingly.
Old 7th May 2017, 18:19   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
3rd gen city owners :-

1)
My car is due for 50k service and I can hear the brakes screeching, meaning brake pads will have to be changed.
Will the discs have to skimmed as well?

2)
Does the brake job affect alignment? Asking because I need to change the tyres as well so will do it before/after service accordingly.
1) First ascertain the source of the sound. If it is due to worn out brake pads then just replace them, nothing required for the discs.

2) Brake job doesn't affects alignment. You can change the tyres whenever you want (before/after brake replacement job).
Old 14th May 2017, 16:18   #1162
BHPian

Off topic but which is the best tyre dealer (price + service) in Gurgaon? Not in old Gurgaon the other side please.
Old 14th May 2017, 18:02   #1163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Off topic but which is the best tyre dealer (price + service) in Gurgaon? Not in old Gurgaon the other side please.
I've always gone to T-mart; got four Bridgestone tyres for my City last year for around 19,500.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ml#post4059824
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 19:01   #1164

Dear All,

Mine is a 2010 Honda City which has covered 87000 Kms till now. I have got few issues for which I was asking for the price for the parts which needs to be replaced. Below are the things which needs to be sorted out

1. My boot lock got struck. It is not opening using the key. I was checking for the boot lock replacement for which Honda was replying that the entire set of boot ,door and steering lock needs to be replaced. Cost quoted was 12000 rs

2. My left side head light became yellowish which is beyond repairs, for changing that, cost quoted was 6500 rs

3. A couple of days back i lost my tow hook cap , when i checked with Honda they were telling around 150 to 200 rs

Can somebody help me on the rates, if all these prices are real ? as i remember vaguely that the price of head light for this model was costing around 4500 in some online website.

Thanks
Ashwin
Old 12th June 2017, 20:31   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.raj80 View Post
Dear All,

Mine is a 2010 Honda City which has covered 87000 Kms till now. I have got few issues for which I was asking for the price for the parts which needs to be replaced. Below are the things which needs to be sorted out

1. My boot lock got struck. It is not opening using the key. I was checking for the boot lock replacement for which Honda was replying that the entire set of boot ,door and steering lock needs to be replaced. Cost quoted was 12000 rs

2. My left side head light became yellowish which is beyond repairs, for changing that, cost quoted was 6500 rs

3. A couple of days back i lost my tow hook cap , when i checked with Honda they were telling around 150 to 200 rs

Can somebody help me on the rates, if all these prices are real ? as i remember vaguely that the price of head light for this model was costing around 4500 in some online website.

Thanks
Ashwin
That's true. They will change the whole lock set. Maybe try getting it done from outside.
Tow hook cap is accurate. I recently got mine for 221 + tax.
Headlight price seems to be on the higher side. Try checking with another dealer.
Old 12th June 2017, 22:03   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.raj80 View Post
Dear All,

Same thing happened with my Opel Corsa few years back. Service center asked me to replace the entire lock set for rs 15,000. Then I showed it to a local guy who fixed it for rs 200. So do try outside HASS once.
Old 12th June 2017, 22:33   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Total amount paid - Rs. 8499.
Most basic parts are available outside in the open market.
You can do these things outside for less cost and less time.
Old 13th June 2017, 18:22   #1168

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
That's true. They will change the whole lock set. Maybe try getting it done from outside.
Tow hook cap is accurate. I recently got mine for 221 + tax.
Headlight price seems to be on the higher side. Try checking with another dealer.
Thanks Harry10 and AnkitAnimesh for your inputs. I will check outside HASS for fixing the boot lock. Could you please suggest a reliable online store to check for the headlight assembly for my 2010 Honda city?

Thanks
Ashwin
Old 13th June 2017, 18:45   #1169
BHPian

I would first get a lubricant spray. They come with straw, the red straw. Insert the little straw inside the keyhole, spray and see if it resolves.
Old 20th September 2017, 13:04   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Got the 45K KMs service done for Venus today.

Will come to the service experience in the later part of the post, first details of the service ->

KMs - 45299

Jobs Done includes -

-> Synthetic Engine Oil Replacement - Rs. 1621
Hello Bluevolt. You got synthetic oil 3.5 Litres for Rs.1621. Are you sure it is fully synthetic? Please share the grade of the engine oil. Also can did you fid any major difference in driveability and mileage figures, after upgrading to synthetic oil? I have a 2012 iVTEC and looking to take a plunge from mineral to synthetic. You reply will be of great help.

Most Viewed