Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2011, 11:06   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Hey bluevolt, when did you take your car for the 1st service after the 3 free ones?
I guess Honda can expect a nice email from me very soon!
Hi libranof1987,

My car has done only 4150 KMs till date and only 1st free service has been done. Now it is due for second service at 5000 KM mark. But my dad is also getting calls from Honda from February to get the car serviced. They stopped calling after we told them let the car run first and reach the required KMs (according to service manual the second service is due from three month of purchase) and then only we will get it serviced. They actually want the car to be serviced every six months and you will start receiving calls irrespective of the KM run.

Quote:
If they say that the warranty may get void if not serviced on without even reaching the required KMs then they should be scolded badly. And did your Dad asked the name of person who stated this stupid line? Contact higher officials of pearl Honda and tell him about the person who said this immature thing.
Old 8th May 2011, 11:08   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
My friend was suggesting me to fill nitrogen in the car as the tyre will run cooler in summers. Has anyone tried nitrogen in their car's tyre?
Nitrogen does not give you any real live advantages other than one; you don't need to check your tyre pressure every now and then. Because of nitrogen's properties the tyre pressure remains constant for an extended period of time (supposedly for as long as 3 months, not verified though).

As for the price, it's offered for free in many petrol bunks. So don't go to places where they charge you. Why pay when you can try it for free?

Last edited by ajman28 : 8th May 2011 at 11:11.
ajman28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2011, 18:49   #123
BHPian

Re: Service interval

Quote:
They say the car has to come for servicing every quarter!
I had also something similar with my next service call.
After three months of 3rd service, dealer called me expalined due to Indian conditions /dusty envoirnmnet etc., the car needs to be serviced every 3 months.

Talked to their service head and expalined that car has not even run 1500KM after thrid service and the manual clearly says > 5000Km service internal.

Finally, he relented and said it's not a directive from Honda.

I think as a routine, Honda dealers call for service for every three months, which I feel not required at all.
Old 8th May 2011, 18:55   #124
Team-BHP Support

Re: Service interval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
I had also something similar with my next service call.
After three months of 3rd service, dealer called me expalined due to Indian conditions /dusty envoirnmnet etc., the car needs to be serviced every 3 months.

Talked to their service head and expalined that car has not even run 1500KM after thrid service and the manual clearly says > 5000Km service internal.

Finally, he relented and said it's not a directive from Honda.

I think as a routine, Honda dealers call for service for every three months, which I feel not required at all.
If the car goes for servicing every 3 months, when do people use it?! Also, on an average, very few people must be using the car upwards of 1000km a month. (My dad does about 700-800 km a month).

Which car on earth would need a servicing every 3 months! I guess we should bring this to Honda's notice. I'm wondering what the dealers would change every 3 months as per their "a service each quarter". City certainly ain't either a delicate darling nor is it the only car in "Indian" conditions that warrant such a schedule.
Old 8th May 2011, 21:05   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, on an average, very few people must be using the car upwards of 1000km a month. (My dad does about 700-800 km a month)..
This is also the same running of our car.

According to service manual the replacement of engine oil is scheduled at 5000 KM or 6 months based on average running conditions. The three month gap is for free services.

I would stick to 5000 KM interval for servicing irrespective of months.

Last edited by bluevolt : 8th May 2011 at 21:30.
Old 9th May 2011, 19:11   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
my advice is please check my earlier post on the prices I mentioned if you are seriously trying for it.
I inquired a couple of Honda dealers here in my area about these modulo kit alloys and I was shocked to know the prices. Ring Road Honda Sector-18 Gurgaon, quoted 49 K for the set and Pearl Honda Sector-37 Gurgaon quoted 55 K for the set. When I asked them why there is difference of 6K from that of RR Honda, the person told me that they have fresh stock and thus the difference.

When I called my dad and ask if I can go for these alloys he politely said "Either Drive the car the way it is else give the car keys back ".

So I have to live with these steel wheels for at least sometimes till budget permits us to go for those alloys.

PS – I will also place an enquiry with RR Honda (Rohtak road) and courtesy Honda (Wazirpur) to know about their prices.
Old 9th May 2011, 20:31   #127
BHPian

Quote:
I inquired a couple of Honda dealers here in my area about these modulo kit alloys and I was shocked to know the prices. Ring Road Honda Sector-18 Gurgaon, quoted 49 K for the set and Pearl Honda Sector-37 Gurgaon quoted 55 K for the set.
Its insane to buy at these prices. Let me check with my guy how much he quotes, will get back soon after enquiring.

Quote:
When I asked them why there is difference of 6K from that of RR Honda, the person told me that they have fresh stock and thus the difference.
What the heck "fresh stock" ?? I don't think it matters as long as its not pre-used. May be the new stock is priced higher.
As I said earlier I heard them to be as cheap as 27K (repeat "heard" can't quote anyone for sure).

Quote:
When I called my dad and ask if I can go for these alloys he politely said "Either Drive the car the way it is else give the car keys back ".
He is right if you ask for the alloys at that price.
You can buy atleast 3 sets of (4 X 3 = 12 alloys) after market alloys in that money.
These alloys can be found listed here on Honda India accessory site
:: Honda City ::

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 9th May 2011 at 20:43.
Old 9th May 2011, 21:44   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be the new stock is priced higher.
Right, may be the prices are higher for new stock but his reply was not satisfactory. He just said "sir our stock is new than RR's".

Quote:
He is right if you ask for the alloys at that price.
You can buy atleast 3 sets of (4 X 3 = 12 alloys) after market alloys in that money.
Very true, the aftermarket sets are as cheap as 16K. In fact you can get local ones at mere 10-12 K per set. It's true that Honda quality is at par but prices are always on higher side.

Quote:
These alloys can be found listed here on Honda India accessory site
:: Honda City ::
Yup it is their but they have not mentioned prices. They should provide prices of each accessory like we have it on Maruti website.
Old 10th May 2011, 23:01   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey bluevolt, when did you take your car for the 1st service after the 3 free ones?

My dad got a call from Pearl Honda, Gurgaon "advising" him that he should give the car for servicing. (The car will complete a year on 9th June and the last service was done in the 2nd week fo Jan).

And here's the best part : they said if he fails to take the car for servicing, "in case of any issues, they cannot guarantee that the parts would be replaced for free even under the 2+2 years warranty".

They say the car has to come for servicing every quarter!

Well, my folks did take the car for servicing. Here's what the SA told them "The car is to be serviced every 6 months. With your last service being 3 months ago and that the car has run only 2000kms, I feel bad changing oil and charging you as it is unnecessary. Do not listen to what the front-desk lady says as it is her job to get customers get their cars for servicing".

Needless to say, I have sent Honda an email. Let's see what transpires.
Old 10th May 2011, 23:06   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With your last service being 3 months ago and that the car has run only 2000kms, I feel bad changing oil and charging you as it is unnecessary.
So what they did? Just washing and time wasting! The SVC is saying that car is to be serviced every six months and people will call you only after six months. But in your case they called you just after three months; you should ask them why they called you just after three months when normal service was still 2-3 months away?
Old 10th May 2011, 23:13   #131
Team-BHP Support

They changed the engine oil; total cost came to Rs. 1800/- (including labour which was charged).

The people who call are from the showroom/dealer and not the workshop; so their job is just to ensure more customers get their vehicles for servicing.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:59   #132
BHPian

I found the first service for Honda very funny too. They did that in about a months time. And what do they do during the first service? Wash your car!!

The nearest Honda showroom is about 100 km from my house and it felt like a crime to drive 200km for a car wash!

@libran: Looking forward to the reply you receive from Honda.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:12   #133
Team-BHP Support

====
from Customer Relations customer_relations@hondacarindia.com
sender-time Sent at 10:52 AM (GMT+05:30). Current time there: 12:06 PM. ✆
to XXXXXXXXXX
cc customer_relations@pearlhonda.com,
service@pearlhonda.com
date Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM
subject Kind Attn: Mr. Nishad
10:52 AM (1 hour ago)

Dear Mr. Nishad,

This is in reference to your trailing feedback dated 10th May 2011.

We regret to note of your experience.

Pertaining to the Service schedule, wish to inform you that it is recommended to get your car serviced at every 5,000 kms/ 3 months which ever is earlier. This service visit basically involves inspection of vital parameters like steering, suspension system, fluid levels, brakes & fuel lines etc. which may also include replacement of engine oil if car has covered 5,000kms as replacement of same is recommended at every 5,000kms/ 6 months which ever is earlier.

For more information, please refer to the Owner's manual/ Warranty booklet handed during the time of car purchase. Also, we are advising our dealership M/s Pearl Honda, Gurgaon to get in touch with you & address your queries.

Assuring of our best products & services always.

Regards,

Jaspreet Singh
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. ,Greater Noida

XXX@gmail.com
05/10/2011 10:53 PM

Service Feedback Details
Name : NISHAD
City : GURGAON
User Pincode : 122018
Email :XXX@gmail.com
Telephone : 0-XXX
Category : Service
Model : CITY 1.5 S MT
Year : 2010
Car Reg.No. : NA
Dealer : Pearl Honda-SECTOR 54, Near SUNCITY
Comments : We have a Honda City 1.5 SMT purchased from Pearl Honda, Gurgaon in June '10. We completed the 3 free services as per schedule, the last one being in the 1st week of Jan '11. A week ago, my dad (registered owner of the car) got a call from the front-desk of Pearl Honda saying we should bring in the car for servicing. On telling her that we'd just got the car serviced in January, she said "The car is to be serviced every 9000kms/3 months, whichever is earlier. If this schedule is not adhered to, although the warranty is fine, there is a possibility replacements, if required within warranty, MIGHT not be approved". Accordingly the car was taken for servicing and the Service Advisor said "There is no need for servicing as the car was serviced 3 months ago and it has barely run 3000kms. The car is to be serviced every 6 months and we should disregard what the front desk lady says as it is her job to get cars for servicing." Nevertheless, we got the cae serviced. Now, firstly, I'd like to know what service schedule Honda expects to be followed. Secondly, it is highly inappropriate for a front-desk person to make such calls and recommendations with consequences of "warranty not being honoured". The dealers not only represent themselves but also Honda. I implore you to ensure your dealers convey only the right information to car owners and not say such things to boost sales/services. I'd like to know what action has been taken.

Reply to all
Forward
from Nishad XXX@gmail.com
sender-time Sent at 11:01 AM (GMT+05:30). Current time there: 12:06 PM. ✆
to Customer Relations <customer_relations@hondacarindia.com>
date Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:01 AM
subject Re: Kind Attn: Mr. Nishad
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details 11:01 AM (1 hour ago)
Thank you for your response.

Although the car had run for about 3000-odd kms, the engine oil was replaced nevertheless.

The problem arises because dealers just mention "which may also include replacement of engine oil if car has covered 5,000kms" and conveniently exclude "replacement of same is recommended at every 5,000kms/ 6 months which ever is earlier."

So, according to them, it is 5000 kms or 3 months, whichever is earlier.
====

That is the communication so far.
3 months is an awfully short time to start heading to the service station.

And in a place like Gurgaon where th showroom is swanky but the workshop is miles outside the city in the remotest corner of a village and no transportation, the whole exercise isn't very pleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
I found the first service for Honda very funny too. They did that in about a months time. And what do they do during the first service? Wash your car!!

The nearest Honda showroom is about 100 km from my house and it felt like a crime to drive 200km for a car wash!

@libran: Looking forward to the reply you receive from Honda.
1st free service is just general check-up and car wash. 2nd and 3rd free service would include engine oil replacement.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:19   #134
BHPian

^^ Ha. Typical corporate language, the reply from Honda. Be precise but vague enough to have room for an escape!
Old 11th May 2011, 14:24   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And in a place like Gurgaon where th showroom is swanky but the workshop is miles outside the city in the remotest corner of a village and no transportation, the whole exercise isn't very pleasant.
Not a convincing reply from the company. Anyhow I will suggest you to get your car serviced only after 5000 KM interval irrespective of the months.

Have you tried Ring Road Honda, Sector-18 for servicing?

Most Viewed