Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 21:07   #181
BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

I have clocked 19K in 11 months. I continue to use mineral oil which comes default with ANHC.

Hey Guys,
I just saw a Tafetta White ANHC with the Duck Tail spoiler. Wow man the car looks amazing, gives a sporty addon touch to the ANHC.
I am tempted to go for it, I guess it costs around 11K

Have anyone of you seen Duck Tail spoiler on the car in person?
Your views please, please post if any pics around.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 1st June 2011 at 21:19.
Old 1st June 2011, 21:27   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post

Have anyone of you seen Duck Tail spoiler on the car in person?
Your views please, please post if any pics around.
19K in 11 months! This is some serious running. You must be having fun with i-VTEC. I don’t get much chance to drive as the car is now primarily used by dad for his office commute.

Are you talking about something like in these pictures? Is this available as genuine Honda accessory? 11K is a little too high price, Looks good though.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-2007_cadillac_cts_rear_spoiler.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc0009mediumcopyjpg.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-ducktail.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda_city_modulo_2.jpg  

Last edited by bluevolt : 1st June 2011 at 21:31.
Old 1st June 2011, 21:48   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
19K in 11 months! This is some serious running. You must be having fun with i-VTEC. I don’t get much chance to drive as the car is now primarily used by dad for his office commute.
As I always said i-VTEC is addictive; its really fun to drive. I didn't drive for last 10 days as I was on vacation but a big element seemed to be missing all along the vacation --> i-VTEC.
Its Gem of an engine
Sorry, I forgot the point I was trying to make, by this usage on average I cover 5K in 3 months so haven't landed in the regular service dilemma. As bluevolt rightly said this interval is very clearly defined in the service manual so no point exploring warranty issues (I agree its atrocious for those who have lessor run).

Yes..I am speaking about the 1st pic in 2nd Row.
Its a genuine Honda accessory can be found on :: Honda City ::
@bluevolt you can also find the official art leather seat covers here http://www.hondacarindia.com/city/brochureInternal.aspx

BTW its looks much cool in person than in picture or website. The price I quoted is what I found on web reviews I will check for the official price soon.
Could someone check the prices in your cities just for camparo.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 1st June 2011 at 21:55.
Old 2nd June 2011, 01:12   #184
BHPian

I concur with the RemingtonSteele. The iVtec sure is addictive. I think the best part about the car is the reasonably good fuel efficiency coupled with excellent performance. In a recent trip to trichy on NH 45, I reached a speed of 170 km/hr on our stock ANHC on a straight, clear stretch, and then slowed down. I think a top whack of 185+ is genuinely possible. The engine gets addictive after 4000 rpm, though I don't know if the iVtec kicks in at 4k (too busy looking at the road at that speed).

The only thing that bothers me is slight vibrations in the steering wheel when I exceed 130-140 km/hr. I hope it's an issue with wheel balancing. Doesn't Honda balance the wheels during the free servicing? This problem has remained even after the first servicing. I think I'll have to take it to a tyre store and get a proper balancing check done.

Apart from that I think this car is great, though Honda could've been more generous with the features. (For instance I don't feel the need for having climate control since the HVAC on the car is excellent, and cools the cabin in no time).

Would appreciate it if other ANHC owners chip in with their car's performance at higher speeds.
Old 2nd June 2011, 07:48   #185
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess this is the same schedule for Civic also?
Yes, thats what HASS is pushing for.

But most of the THBP Civic owners are sticking to 5k/6months service irrespective of Honda's directive.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:12   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post

The only thing that bothers me is slight vibrations in the steering wheel when I exceed 130-140 km/hr.
You should make sure that vibrations are normal; there should be no other problem. There is no vibration in my car at speeds mentioned by you.

Quote:
Would appreciate it if other ANHC owners chip in with their car's performance at higher speeds.
I have reached 150 KMPH once but had to slow down as clear stretch was over. I find no problem in car's performance, the engine note above 5K is pure bliss to hear. But I am not satisfied by the 175 section tyres provided by Honda, they should have been at least of 195 cross section.

I don't remember where I read but I guess top whack of Honda City is 200.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:43   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The only thing that bothers me is slight vibrations in the steering wheel when I exceed 130-140 km/hr. I hope it's an issue with wheel balancing. Doesn't Honda balance the wheels during the free servicing? This problem has remained even after the first servicing. I think I'll have to take it to a tyre store and get a proper balancing check done.
How many kms. has the car run?

Unless the car is run on very bad roads, you wouldn't need to be worried about wheel alignment/balancing until every 5k kms.

The steering vibration can also be because of the road condition.

And 140 km/hr on the stock tyres, you should expect some vibrations anyway!

PS : I always get wheel alignment/balancing done at a dedicated tyre shop, never at A.S.S.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:48   #188
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't observed any steering vibrations at high speeds.
I suggest you get the balancing done at a good tyre shop. I don't have good experience of what they do at dealerships- I normally ask them to keep away from tyres and wheels during service.
Secondly, if you are inflating with normal air then I would suggest you to inflate couple of psi less which adds to better grips at high speeds. If you are inflating nitrogen then stick to F/R -32/30 recommended pressure.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:54   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
PS : I always get wheel alignment/balancing done at a dedicated tyre shop, never at A.S.S.
A.S.S charge a bomb for this job, I have also seen people complaining over this at SVC. I too prefer doing alignment/balancing job from outside.

And @ fanaticonwheels, Vibrations can also occur due to high air pressure so check that too as suggested by remingtonesteele.

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd June 2011 at 10:56.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:21   #190
BHPian

Quote:

The only thing that bothers me is slight vibrations in the steering wheel when I exceed 130-140 km/hr. I hope it's an issue with wheel balancing. Doesn't Honda balance the wheels during the free servicing?

Do you have steel rims or alloys?
Did you check whether the wheels are balanced while taking delivery?
Are there any balance weights on the inside and outside rims of the wheels?
Honda will not do balancing works during the free service.
Not only balancing is charged but also the balance weights and most often the latter being more.
With ANHC there should not be vibrations at high speed.
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:38   #191
BHPian

The car has alloys (it is the V-MT model). Well, we have not checked the balancing yet. I will have to do that soon.

The engine sure is a gem, but I am more addicted to the handling of our Palio which feels as solid as a rock at 120+. The city feels somewhat lighter at high speeds, but the eager engine more than makes up for it. I hope Honda introduces new features to please the consumer, since it would be very sad if such a great car gets drubbed by the competition, though I feel the present set of features are just perfect for me (I don't really need ACC, the ANHC's AC does an excellent job being a chiller; The Music system with AUX/USB input is just perfect for me, though might not be for audiophiles).

As far as the top speed is concerned, the city has it's top speed electronically limited to 190 km/hr (speedo). Remember reading this somewhere in the manual/internet.

Last edited by FanaticOnWheels : 2nd June 2011 at 13:58.
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:32   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
... If synthetic, it will come to 1800-odd...
The synthetic oil alone would cost ~4,000. So in no way would the bill be 1,800. And unless the labor is free I don't think one can do a routine oil change with mineral oil for just 900. Are you sure?
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:12   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
The synthetic oil alone would cost ~4,000. So in no way would the bill be 1,800. And unless the labor is free I don't think one can do a routine oil change with mineral oil for just 900. Are you sure?
Yep, sure about that. My car has been for service 3 times now : 2 were free and involved oil change. Billed amount was 918 or 937 (don't remember exactly).

Synthetic oil is double; so say 1900 at max.

For the paid service, the amount came to some 1200 as it involved oil and charged wash and labour.
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:06   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
The synthetic oil alone would cost ~4,000.
4,000 for synthetic oil , which brand are you referring to?

Quote:
The Music system with AUX/USB input is just perfect for me, though might not be for audiophiles).
Even I am very much satisfied with music system and with tweeters in the V model, the sound gets even better. USB is more convenient for me; I hardly use CD player in my Wagonr also.

PS - I have a Nokia 6210 Navigator phone and I wish to connect it with its USB wire to the music system. Will this work? When I connect it to my computer then it detects the media card as removable disk just like PD.

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd June 2011 at 17:09.
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:18   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
PS - I have a Nokia 6210 Navigator phone and I wish to connect it with its USB wire to the music system. Will this work? When I connect it to my computer then it detects the media card as removable disk just like PD.
If you're phone has an external SD card (any memory card for that matter), it will detect it. You can play music from it.

Only thing - the media should not be on the internal memory of the phone.

Most Viewed