Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 10:14   #241
BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Nice job cleaning there. Just a query : I find it difficult to slot the vehicle into first gear unless the vehicle is literally at 0 km/hr. Is this the case with all cars? When the car is at rest, it easily slots into first gear, but when the car is at speeds of say 5 km/hr 1st gear doesn't fall that easily into place. I'm obviously talking of speeds where 1st gear would be ideal and 2nd gear would knock mildly.
I faced the same problem. I told about this to the service center when I gave it for servicing for 3 times. They had no clue. I have found a remedy, rather the cause of the problem, HP Petrol. Trust me, it is the problem. I always fill wither BP or Indian Oil for my car, BP being the best. Now, I don't face that problem.

I had a Maruti Zen (old one) earlier. I faced knocking problem with HP petrol in that car and not with any other petrol!

You try with non-HP petrol and let me know your experience.
Old 17th June 2011, 11:36   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I have found a remedy, rather the cause of the problem, HP Petrol. Trust me, it is the problem. I always fill wither BP or Indian Oil for my car, BP being the best. Now, I don't face that problem.

I had a Maruti Zen (old one) earlier. I faced knocking problem with HP petrol in that car and not with any other petrol!
@sa_kiran: Welcome aboard at Team-BHP.
Well its not really the knocking problem, its the 1st gear slotting problem at a bit higher speeds. (changing back to 1st gear from higher gears)
Changing the Petrol Company/quality will not address the Gear slotting issue - right ??

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 17th June 2011 at 11:38.
Old 17th June 2011, 13:06   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
It gives me great pleasure to announce that after lots of consideration I have named my ride "Venus".
I was inspired by many bhpians (guderian, mdsaab, dot, and ace) who have named their rides.
Hi bluevolt,
First things first - Congratulations on getting Venus ! And let the bubbly flow on having named her Venus and following an old tradition of vehicle lovers. Though you have been late naming your ride. Imagine its feelings all these days !

Venus looks lovely.

OT:
And I must state that you have done well in doing so. For research* has shown that vehicles that have been named by their owners report as follows:
1. 93% of them are better maintained than the unnamed ones.
2. 72% of them returned better FEs than unnamed ones.
3. 95% of them reported lesser problems than the vehicles that have no names.
4. 72% of them reported better resale value/s than unnamed vehicles.
5. 94% of named vehicles reported longer periods of retention than unnamed ones, which were sold earlier.
6. 94% of owners of named vehicles are reported to have longer lives of critical components than unnammed vehicles.

(*Source - HG & others from the book "How to compile irrelevant, illogical & wrong information and present it as impressive statistics" © Skullduggery Publishers, 1986.)

Secondly - I know I am rather late, coming to this thread and so do pardon me.

Thanks for the acknowledgement for inspiring you to name Venus...Venus !

Wishing you many, many happy KMs.

Last edited by Guderian : 17th June 2011 at 13:09.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 13:34   #244
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
It gives me great pleasure to announce that after lots of consideration I have named my ride "Venus".

I was inspired by many bhpians (guderian, mdsaab, dot, and ace) who have named their rides.

Hey "Venus" is a lovely name for the red-brown beauty. And an apt name for the loved one. I loved "Venus"'s eye side-shot (Post 173, second last pic) and whenever I spot any habanero red City, it reminds me of your ride.

Never realized that naming ceremony was inspirational.
Wow.

Edit and OT: @Guderian, did you know that 73.28% of statistics are made on the spot?

Last edited by dot : 17th June 2011 at 13:37.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 14:10   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
@sa_kiran: Welcome aboard at Team-BHP.
Well its not really the knocking problem, its the 1st gear slotting problem at a bit higher speeds. (changing back to 1st gear from higher gears)
Changing the Petrol Company/quality will not address the Gear slotting issue - right ??
The gear lever was hardening for 1st and 2nd gear with HP petrol (in Honda City). This happened not only while shifting down, but while starting in 1st gear also. I find a very noticeable change with BP and Indian Oil petrol.

The problem with earlier Zen was that the engine used to stop, particularly after long drives (> 7-8 km) at speeds above 60 kmph. I had to wait for sometime for the engine to start! Mechanics (Sai Service, Pune) could not find a solution for that. This problem disappeared over time, probably due to change in petrol, though I did not notice it. I also faced the problem of engine gasping, not getting fuel, loss of drive was clearly evident. A Shell petrol pump was set up near my place and I started using their petrol. I never faced these two problems with Shell petrol.
Old 17th June 2011, 14:13   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Edit and OT: @Guderian, did you know that 73.28% of statistics are made on the spot?
OT:
Say dot - wow ! Which spot ? Would like to visit that spot right away ! What a hallowed spot that would be ! I am sure 93.63 % of all statisticians would have visited that spot.
And before I graduate to a 99.99% possibility of being thrown out of this place...I am off !
Old 17th June 2011, 14:53   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi bluevolt,
First things first - Congratulations on getting Venus ! And let the bubbly flow on having named her Venus and following an old tradition of vehicle lovers. Though you have been late naming your ride. Imagine its feelings all these days !

Secondly - I know I am rather late, coming to this thread and so do pardon me.

Thanks for the acknowledgement for inspiring you to name Venus...Venus !

Wishing you many, many happy KMs.
Thanks for the wishes Guderian. And regarding the delay in naming I would say 'better late than never' Isn't it?

It was nice seeing you in my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Hey "Venus" is a lovely name for the red-brown beauty. And an apt name for the loved one. I loved "Venus"'s eye side-shot (Post 173, second last pic) and whenever I spot any habanero red City, it reminds me of your ride.
Never realized that naming ceremony was inspirational.
Wow.
Thanks dot. I couldn't find better name for her than this. And yes, I have done a photo shoot of the car today (interior and exterior), will post pictures by Sunday with the service report.

Last edited by bluevolt : 17th June 2011 at 14:56.
Old 17th June 2011, 15:57   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
The gear lever was hardening for 1st and 2nd gear with HP petrol (in Honda City). This happened not only while shifting down, but while starting in 1st gear also. I find a very noticeable change with BP and Indian Oil petrol.
Kiran, I dont see a logical conenction btw the quality of petrol and gear slotting problems. If you take my case, I regularly fill up BP coco bunks only but I still face problems while I downshift from 3->2 and 2->1. Its really irritating to have such a prob in 10 lac car.

ANHC owners, Is this a common prob with the car ? Has anybody tried to rectify this ?
Old 17th June 2011, 16:08   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Kiran, I dont see a logical conenction btw the quality of petrol and gear slotting problems.
I agree; I don't see any connection either.
Just for the sake of Kiran's theory, I regularly use SHELL now a days, atleast had 4 tank fulls in succession still am facing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
If you take my case, I regularly fill up BP coco bunks only but I still face problems while I downshift from 3->2 and 2->1. Its really irritating to have such a prob in 10 lac car.

ANHC owners, Is this a common prob with the car ? Has anybody tried to rectify this ?
REF:
I have atleast 2 known cases (including me) who acknowledged facing this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2381050
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2381365

But I wouldn't term it as a problem; rather I didn't notice this unless I was trying to recreate it for @FanaticOnWheels sake. I would say the car isn't suppose to be slotted in that gear at that instant speed - could be a feature
Old 17th June 2011, 16:18   #250
Senior - BHPian

Belated congratulations on the beautiful name Venus . Ever since I have started following your thread whenever I see a habanero red City I try to compare whether its as well maintained as yours and 99.99% of the time its not ! Its funny but I think "Does this guy polish his car like BlueVolt does" or " The Red on BlueVolt's car looks so much better than this City" , etc and recently I have expanded the comparison to other cars too The pics that you post of your car truly puts most other car owners ( including me) to shame !
Old 17th June 2011, 17:33   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Belated congratulations on the beautiful name Venus . Ever since I have started following your thread whenever I see a habanero red City I try to compare whether its as well maintained as yours and 99.99% of the time its not ! Its funny but I think "Does this guy polish his car like BlueVolt does" or " The Red on BlueVolt's car looks so much better than this City" , etc and recently I have expanded the comparison to other cars too The pics that you post of your car truly puts most other car owners ( including me) to shame !

Thanks saurav for the kind words. I like to keep my cars/bikes as clean and as new as possible. My four year and two months old WagonR can still give tough competition to a new one.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-waggie.jpg

And it's not a tough job, basic steps like regular waxing/polishing, keeping the car covered when not in use (protection from sunlight) and cleaning with damp cloth helps preserve the paint gloss.
Old 17th June 2011, 21:22   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun
Kiran, I dont see a logical conenction btw the quality of petrol and gear slotting problems. If you take my case, I regularly fill up BP coco bunks only but I still face problems while I downshift from 3->2 and 2->1. Its really irritating to have such a prob in 10 lac car.

Well, I also don't see a logical connection, mainly because HP does not make bad petrol after all. Also, connection of petrol with gear shifting seems far fetched. However, I have noticed tough gear operation with HP petrol and smoother one with BP and Indian Oil.

I had complained about this whenever I gave the car for servicing (Crystal Honda, Pune). They always came back saying that everything is fine!
Old 18th June 2011, 17:12   #253
Senior - BHPian

2nd Service - 5000 KMs

Today I finally got the car serviced, had a nice experience at Ring Road Honda. I reached the showroom cum service center at 9am. The service advisor promptly listened to my queries. He thoroughly explained me the job to be done and requested me to wait in the customer lounge till the car is ready. I got the car back by 3PM, was nicely cleaned up shining way to glory. Engine oil was replaced, preferred mineral oil though SA was suggesting going for so called synthetic. I am Overall happy with the quality of the service, will give 8/10. Engine feels very refined after the service; I guess the fresh oil has done the trick. The car is in good shape after servicing.

I was looking for some nice seat covers for the car, Got AUTO FORM seat covers for 7800 including labour. It took over two hours for them to stich the covers. Body cover was out of stock, will get it by next week.

Details of the bill
Engine oil – Rs. 915
Wash fluid – Rs. 44
Washer drain plug (don’t know what is this) – Rs. 18
AUTO FORM seat covers – Rs. 7800
Service tax and VAT as applicable

Rest there isn’t much to comment or write, sometimes it is very boring when your car has no problems and there is nothing much to post except for the pictures of the beauty. I did a photo-shoot of the car, will love to share with you all as soon as possible.

For now I am attaching the pictures of seat covers.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-seat-covers-1.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-seat-covers-2.jpg  

Old 18th June 2011, 18:59   #254
Senior - BHPian

Pictures time - Interiors

Pictures time! First the interiors, Exterior pictures will follow soon.

The showroom-cum service center is nice. There is separate waiting area integrated with showroom for service customers with basic facilities like internet, cold drinks, tea/coffee, and TV etcetera. Much better place than the neighbor DD motors.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-22.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-19.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-18062011_002.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-18062011_003.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-20.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-18.jpg

Now the car's interiors

Illuminated speedo console looks fabulous in dark.
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-1.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-2.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-3.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-6.jpg

Don't know for what there is provision for two additional switches?

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-7.jpg

Cheapo Honda didn't provided back-lit power window switches except for one.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-8.jpg

I quite like this push select button/feature.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-9.jpg

The music system looks as good as it sounds.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-10.jpg

The AC vents, looks nice.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-11.jpg

Jai mata di. Maa Durga idol.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-12.jpg

The Civic like steering is very nice to grip with audio controls.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-13.jpg

The driving position is sporty yet comfortable.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-17.jpg

The AUTO FORM leather seat covers are as good as the stock ones which come with exclusive model. It has 'CITY' badge on front seat covers. The pattern looks like the stock ones.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-23.jpg

The ORVM's offers very good visibility. It would have been great if they were completely electrically fold-able.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-interiors-14.jpg  

Last edited by bluevolt : 18th June 2011 at 19:19.
Old 18th June 2011, 19:26   #255
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. I like the seat covers---look premium. Is the driver's arm rest also covered by the same material?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks