Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2011, 19:29   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nice pics. I like the seat covers---look premium. Is the driver's arm rest also covered by the same material?
Thanks vnabhi. Yes the driver's arm rest is also covered by same material including the rear armrest cum cup holder. I think that these seat covers are worth for their price.
Old 18th June 2011, 19:30   #257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is the driver's arm rest also covered by the same material?
The driver's arm rest is covered by the material used for the door upholstery - the cloth type.
Old 18th June 2011, 20:11   #258
Senior - BHPian

And finally the exteriors - Should I comment on snaps? I guess let the pictures do the talking!

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-2.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-1.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-3.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-4.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-5.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-6.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-7.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-8.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-9.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-10.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-11.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-12.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-exteriors-13.jpg
Old 18th June 2011, 20:25   #259
Senior - BHPian

Hi Bluevolt,
Venus sports a very nice interior and the exterior looks very prim and propah. Well done indeed with the snaps.

Notice some similarities between Toyota and Honda - only one switch backlit among the switches on the door console, not all controls on dashboard backlit etc. May be all Jap companies think alike or presume things commonly about users or have a common designer - back home !

Keep them coming.

Last edited by Guderian : 18th June 2011 at 20:26.
Old 18th June 2011, 20:27   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
And finally the exteriors - Should I comment on snaps? I guess let the pictures do the talking!

Excellent pics buddy! Enjoy your ride and let us know more on your driving experience with ANHC.
Old 18th June 2011, 20:42   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Excellent pics buddy! Enjoy your ride and let us know more on your driving experience with ANHC.
Thanks pamishra. I will update regarding the fuel efficiency and performance after few hundred kilometers till the new oil sets in well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Bluevolt,
Venus sports a very nice interior and the exterior looks very prim and propah. Well done indeed with the snaps.
Thank you very much Guderian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Notice some similarities between Toyota and Honda - only one switch backlit among the switches on the door console, not all controls on dashboard backlit etc. May be all Jap companies think alike or presume things commonly about users or have a common designer - back home !
Keep them coming.

I guess the companies do so for cost cutting reasons. Not even the switch on individual door is back lit. Other case of cost cutting is auto lock feature of doors when turning the ignition on or off. To add more, the spare key doesn't come with the remote; let’s see how long the current key will last.

Last edited by bluevolt : 18th June 2011 at 20:45.
Old 18th June 2011, 22:29   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

Thanks pamishra. I will update regarding the fuel efficiency and performance after few hundred kilometers till the new oil sets in well.

Thank you very much Guderian.

I guess the companies do so for cost cutting reasons. Not even the switch on individual door is back lit. Other case of cost cutting is auto lock feature of doors when turning the ignition on or off. To add more, the spare key doesn't come with the remote; let's see how long the current key will last.
Even my Fiesta came with a single remote. That apart, it came with only 4 alloys whereas the NHC provided 5.But the NHC did not have abs/ebd on any model!

So I guess each manufacturer has ingenious ways to cut costs.
Old 18th June 2011, 22:37   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even my Fiesta came with a single remote. That apart, it came with only 4 alloys whereas the NHC provided 5.But the NHC did not have abs/ebd on any model!

So I guess each manufacturer has ingenious ways to cut costs.
Oh yes and I forgot to mention that even ANHC V variant comes with only four alloy wheels. The other spare wheel is actually useless except for the emergency conditions.
Old 18th June 2011, 22:54   #264
BHPian

Re: 2nd Service - 5000 KMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I was looking for some nice seat covers for the car, Got AUTO FORM seat covers for 7800 including labour. It took over two hours for them to stich the covers. Body cover was out of stock, will get it by next week.
Did you pick up the seat covers from Honda itself? They look good - I've been looking for some seat covers for my ANHC too...
Old 18th June 2011, 23:51   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Did you pick up the seat covers from Honda itself? They look good - I've been looking for some seat covers for my ANHC too...
Yes Sriram, I got these seat covers from Honda showroom only. Two year warranty on these seat covers makes the deal even sweeter.
Old 19th June 2011, 01:23   #266
BHPian

This is with regards to the down shifts from 3->2 and 2->1. I discussed in detail with the assistant service manager at Hallmark Honda in Nerul during the scheduled service. His points were as follows:

1. If the engine is revving high and you downshift then it would be offer resistance to shifting and would be hard.
My Opinion: Why does this happen only for shift from 3-2 and 2-1. I tried to do it while downshifting from 5->4->3 with high revvs but it slotted neatly.
2. If you slot from N->2 then it offers resistance as at N engine is revving at idle speed and if the revvs don't match then it offers resistance.
My Opinion: I normally slot to Neutral while approaching a signal or a junction when I need to slow down. Now suppose the signal goes green by the time i reach it if I slot in 3 even with revvs around 1000 then no issues. However, if i try slotting to 2nd then 8/10 it works but not 10/10.
3. Also he confirmed nothing wrong everything is perfectly fine and it would be smoother with more miles.
My Opinion: The gear shifts are drive by wire, donno how it will change.
4. Suggested to do clutch bleeding, which was carried out in 1st service.

Please share your thoughts.
Few points i observed.
1. If you are approaching a turn in say 3 and as you turn when you slot to 2 it resists. Don't know why but happened more than once.
2. Slotting from neutral to 2 @20kms is touch, around 15km it slots nicely.
3. Also as you approach the speed breaker if your shift to 2 while slowing down it is nice and smooth. If you try slotting after front wheels have passed then it offers resistance.
4. Slotting to +1 gear at the respective speed from neutral always works.
Eg.5-15 -2nd
15-25-3rd
35-45 - 4th

Finally, I was thinking it is problem with my driving style as i expect Honda shifts to be 100%precise and butter smooth, but nice to know that others have observed the issue.
Old 19th June 2011, 09:07   #267
BHPian

I'll observe rev speed during gear changes.

I also change to 3rd gear when the signal turns green and I have not stopped (around 30 kmph), I've not noticed any hardness in gear.
Old 19th June 2011, 11:43   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I'll observe rev speed during gear changes.

I also change to 3rd gear when the signal turns green and I have not stopped (around 30 kmph), I've not noticed any hardness in gear.
Yes, kiran, Precisely my point of +1 gear at that speed. If you try slotting to 2nd at 30 then it offers resistance. Although, it is well within recommended gear speed (20-40).
While slotting to 2nd always observed that it has to be below 20kmph for smoother shift the slower the better.
Also, only observed for 2nd and 1st gears during down shifts.
Old 19th June 2011, 23:11   #269
Senior - BHPian

Some more pictures of the 'Venus'. I can't resist myself to post some

Honda – The admired brand

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-7.jpg

I-VTEC – Fellows who revved it past 5K RPM must have felt the nirvana.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-6.jpg

The charcoal shaded sun films give the car an elegant look

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-5.jpg

The tail lights are inspired from BMW 3 Series.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-8.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-9.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-1.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-2.jpg

The aggression in her eyes

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-3.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-4.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 19th June 2011 at 23:20.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 17:46   #270
Senior - BHPian

Today I was surprised to see the MID displaying 18KMPL mileage figure, Yes you read that right EIGHTEEN KILOMETERS PER LITER. I noticed the mileage while I was on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway. I guess the service has done wonders; I am very happy.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-best-mileage-figure.jpg
That’s the mileage of diesel with a gem of a petrol engine, I-VTEC rocks!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks