Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:37   #316
BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

You have any plans for K&N ?

PS - I am posting a snap of Venus which is my all time favorite.
I am not too sure of upgradations at this stage.I have not driven her enough.
Performance filters and tyre upgradation-may be a bit later.

Venus is beautiful as always.BTW,your side rub strips are black or body coloured?

Pl check out FireBug's Habanero Red City on my thread.

Rgds,charthom.
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:09   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom

I am not too sure of upgradations at this stage.I have not driven her enough.

Venus is beautiful as always.BTW,your side rub strips are black or body coloured?

Rgds,charthom.
Usually they paint it body colour. But I quite like the black look here, it's got character.
Old 3rd July 2011, 14:40   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Usually they paint it body colour. But I quite like the black look here, it's got character.
IMO,the rub strips and corner protectors hinder the flawless shape of ANHC.The car looks much better without them.Of course an unfortunate encounter with a busy biker can be expensive though
Old 3rd July 2011, 14:47   #319
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
IMO,the rub strips and corner protectors hinder the flawless shape of ANHC.The car looks much better without them.Of course an unfortunate encounter with a busy biker can be expensive though
Agree, very very few cars look good with the strips on the door panels and on the bumpers.

Given the nice shape of ANHC, I'd prefer it sans makeup!
Old 3rd July 2011, 15:57   #320
BHPian

Charthom did the dealer offer you elegance package consisting of front and rear fenders rear sensors side step garnish it costed me 40k last year
Old 3rd July 2011, 17:06   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.BTW,your side rub strips are black or body coloured?
Hi charthom,

yes, the side strips are black colored. These cost Rs 4000, painting is done separately.

Quote:

Rgds,charthom.
Yes I have seen both Firebug's and Sudeepg's ANHC. Firebug’s ANHC looks very cool with those alloys. Sudeep got same colored ANHC as mine and looks fantastic.

PS - I prefer OEM alloys instead of aftermarket ones.

Quote:
The OEM 175 section tyre is definitely undersized for this car. Honda should have provided at least 195 section tyre with this car which is capable of doing very high speeds. I got good year tyre with my car; they are fine except that they are noisier.

I guess your car comes with Michelins tyres. You may plan an upgrade if you drive very fast as upgrading will cause a drop in fuel efficiency. Honda dealer told me that 185 sections are allowed on ANHC and not more than that. Don't know how true that is.

Quote:
Yes there is no doubt that the car will look better without these strips. But these are very useful as they protect from minor scratches from auto rickshaws, scooter's kick, and bikes and on opening against gate/wall.
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:48   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Charthom did the dealer offer you elegance package consisting of front and rear fenders rear sensors side step garnish it costed me 40k last year
@mm403,Wecome onboard Team BHP, mate!!Yes -but I did not opt for it.Like the plane Jane look,I am afraid

Quote:
Hi charthom,

yes, the side strips are black colored. These cost Rs 4000, painting is done separately.

Yes I have seen both Firebug's and Sudeepg's ANHC. Firebug’s ANHC looks very cool with those alloys. Sudeep got same colored ANHC as mine and looks fantastic.
PS - I prefer OEM alloys instead of aftermarket ones.

The OEM 175 section tyre is definitely undersized for this car. Honda should have provided at least 195 section tyre with this car which is capable of doing very high speeds. I got good year tyre with my car; they are fine except that they are noisier.

I guess your car comes with Michelins tyres. You may plan an upgrade if you drive very fast as upgrading will cause a drop in fuel efficiency. Honda dealer told me that 185 sections are allowed on ANHC and not more than that. Don't know how true that is.

Yes there is no doubt that the car will look better without these strips. But these are very useful as they protect from minor scratches from auto rickshaws, scooter's kick, and bikes and on opening against gate/wall.
Mine are MRF-just fine for now.Will decide later.I have seen mostly people going for 195.But my doubt is, coming down from 65 to 60 will not spoil the ride slighly?Honda is advocating for 185 because then FE will not change much.

Rub strips and corner protectors are useful-but unaesthetic.Where to strike the balance?

bluevolt,you really are one fan of Habanero red colour!!I knew this-hence alerted about sudeepg's car.My 2000 Santro was red.

Reg alloys-even I have liked the originals.

Last edited by charthom : 3rd July 2011 at 19:50.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:29   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rub strips and corner protectors are useful-but unaesthetic.Where to strike the balance?
I completely agree that these side moldings spoil the clean look of the car but life on Delhi/NCR roads is very tough and even parking issues are there which makes bumper protectors and side moldings a necessity

@charthom Have you also noticed any sort of voltage fluctuation when A/C is switched on or radiator fan starts by its own?
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:41   #324
BHPian

Quote:
@charthom Have you also noticed any sort of voltage fluctuation when A/C is switched on or radiator fan starts by its own?
bluevolt,sorry-I had decided to check up on this but forgot.Will check up soon and revert.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:50   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
bluevolt,sorry-I had decided to check up on this but forgot.Will check up soon and revert.
Check this by turning on A/C with interior lights on + headlights on and see if interior lights dims a little on turning on the A/C.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:20   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Check this by turning on A/C with interior lights on + headlights on and see if interior lights dims a little on turning on the A/C.
@bluevolt,I checked-there is a mild fluctuation.I had taken the car for 1st free service today.The SA claims that a mild dip is common.He,however,promised to check up and confirm.I will post the result tomorrow.
Old 7th July 2011, 20:12   #327
Senior - BHPian

I was cleaning my car today and by mistake I switched child lock to on position and because of this the rear passengers were not able to open the doors from inside. Child lock thing didn't come in my mind and we were wondering what went wrong with the car. By evening my friend told me that child lock could be the case and then I realized that while cleaning the inner side of door this may have happened. Guys make sure you turn off the child lock switch off (when not required) as this may create problem in emergency situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
BTW, I got the DuckTail spoiler fitted and WOW man it looks GREAT ; pics "comming soon" on your thread.
Hi Abhijit, I am waiting for the pics of ducktail spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
delivery in about 5 days to a week.
I guess you got your ANHC? Waiting for your thread/pictures eagerly.
Old 7th July 2011, 20:17   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Sir, a bit too occupied with somethings in hand, couldn't get any free time on last weekend. I promise will post this weekend.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 01:30   #329
BHPian

Quote:
+1 I can't wait to see the pictures with Ducktail spoiler. I have only seen it once in an ANHC but then that car was fully loaded with Mugen. Want to know how it would look without those fancy stuff. Please post soon.
Old 8th July 2011, 07:46   #330
Senior - BHPian

Hey BV just brought her home yesterday.
Will start a thread soon i promise.
2 accessories which were not fitted yet.
1. Ducktail spoiler.
2. Door side protector.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks