Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 08:51   #331
BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Hey BV just brought her home yesterday.
Will start a thread soon i promise.
2 accessories which were not fitted yet.
1. Ducktail spoiler.
2. Door side protector.
Congrats Dude.
So, what are you going to name her ?
Looking forward to the ownership report soon. I would be specifically interested in this ownership report as it would from the eye of CIVIC owner.
Happy miles crunching with ANHC.

Why is the ducktail not fitted. When are you going to fit it ?
IMHO..Only post those pics when you have the ducktail installed (otherwise it will spoil the taste with pre and post looks comparision).

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 8th July 2011 at 08:53.
Old 8th July 2011, 10:54   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey BV just brought her home yesterday.
Will start a thread soon i promise.
2 accessories which were not fitted yet.
1. Ducktail spoiler.
2. Door side protector.
Congratulations mdsaab for your Honda City, Waiting for your new ANHC ownership thread and pics. Ducktail spoiler will make the car look even more gorgeous. As Abhijit said do post the pics after installing the duck tail spoiler. I don't think that it will take much time in installing the spoiler and side strips. Happy mile crunching and drive safely. Cheers!

Last edited by bluevolt : 8th July 2011 at 11:06.
Old 8th July 2011, 15:11   #333
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys,
Yes a lot of comparisons will be in store in this ownership / comparison thread.
All accessories were ordered at time of booking. But due to non availability at honda they were delayed. Should be here in 3-4 days and we can hopefully safely say that they will be installed within a week.
Btw was checking out the jazz while there an mighty impressed. And now that my wife has decided she doesn't want an AT. The jazz enter um as selfdrive says.
Old 9th July 2011, 22:18   #334
Senior - BHPian

Hi mates,

this is just to inform you that Venus will be out of action for around one month (till 15 august to be precise). I will be travelling for next one month; dad will use his Government provided TATA Safari, elder brother will use his company's car, So Venus will be hardly used for next one month (So is the WagonR). I have waxed her well and requested dad to make sure to clean her every Sunday.

Cya guys and keep revving your Honda Cities.

PS - Off course I will be on Team-BHP 24*7 and will be replying to relevant posts/threads.

Last edited by bluevolt : 9th July 2011 at 22:25.
Old 10th July 2011, 09:50   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi mates,

this is just to inform you that Venus will be out of action for around one month (till 15 august to be precise). I will be travelling for next one month; dad will use his Government provided TATA Safari, elder brother will use his company's car, So Venus will be hardly used for next one month (So is the WagonR). I have waxed her well and requested dad to make sure to clean her every Sunday.

PS - Off course I will be on Team-BHP 24*7 and will be replying to relevant posts/threads.
BV,Relieved that Venus is getting her much deserved rest.

Safe journey to you.

BTW,the new Avatar depicting your eternal love to Venus is very enchanting.
Old 10th July 2011, 10:06   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi mates,

Have a safe journey! I am enjoying the City too. It truly is a breeze to drive in the city. Infact last evening we took out the City, and i actually parked the Civic at my parents and brought home their City
going to be enjoying it today too.
Old 10th July 2011, 10:14   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Have a safe journey! I am enjoying the City too. It truly is a breeze to drive in the city. Infact last evening we took out the City, and i actually parked the Civic at my parents and brought home their City
@mdsaab, Congrats on the new City!!

Did you fit the Stanley leather at the dealer's?

How do you find the back seat comfort in comparison with the Civic? And the ride?
Old 10th July 2011, 12:13   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
BV,Relieved that Venus is getting her much deserved rest.

Safe journey to you.

BTW,the new Avatar depicting your eternal love to Venus is very enchanting.
Thanks mate for your wishes and thanks for liking the avatar too.

Is there any other thing which I should take care as the car will idle for one month like battery etcetera?

Quote:
Thank you mdsaab. I am sure you will continue to enjoy your Honda city. Though it is not like Civic (in terms of handling, performance) but still it will be fun to drive due to its compact size and respectable powerful engine, waiting eagerly for your ANHC ownership thread including comparison between Civic and City.

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th July 2011 at 12:22.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 12:55   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@mdsaab, Congrats on the new City!!

Did you fit the Stanley leather at the dealer's?

How do you find the back seat comfort in comparison with the Civic? And the ride?
Thank you!
we bought the exclusive variant, so the leather seats were factory fitted.
i asked the sales rep if he could put leather on the doorpad and he said that it's not possible at the dealership and i could get it down from outside.

regarding the comparisons, i plan to start a thread soon, so stay tuned.
Old 10th July 2011, 14:09   #340
BHPian

Quote:
this is just to inform you that Venus will be out of action for around one month (till 15 august to be precise). I will be travelling for next one month
Take care mate and Happy Journey.
I would suggest at the least to "idle run" the car for 15-20mins every week; a drive of couple of kms would be welcome.

Quote:
Infact last evening we took out the City, and i actually parked the Civic at my parents and brought home their City going to be enjoying it today too.
For a change enjoy the forward i-VTEC in ANHC (CIVIC has the inverse i-VTEC).

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 10th July 2011 at 14:11.
Old 10th July 2011, 15:02   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Take care mate and Happy Journey.
I would suggest at the least to "idle run" the car for 15-20mins every week; a drive of couple of kms would be welcome.
Thanks Abhijit, I will ask folks at home to do the needful. I will also ask them to get the car cleaned every Sunday so that it remains dirt free and does not affect the paint. I don't think it is required to remove the battery as our WagonR fired on single crank after idling for over 1 and a half month in past.
Old 11th July 2011, 12:09   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Abhijit, I will ask folks at home to do the needful. I will also ask them to get the car cleaned every Sunday so that it remains dirt free and does not affect the paint. I don't think it is required to remove the battery as our WagonR fired on single crank after idling for over 1 and a half month in past.
@bluevolt,

RS's suggestion is spot on. Regarding the battery,if you are keeping it idle for a long time(45 days as per a SA from Hyundai),it is advisable to disconnect the battery terminals. In your case ,any way some one will attend. So no worries.

@mdsaab,

Thanks.Looking forward to it.
Old 12th July 2011, 18:29   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
For a change enjoy the forward i-VTEC in ANHC (CIVIC has the inverse i-VTEC).
I am enjoying the City thoroughly. Infact since Sunday i have not given the car back to my parents. I think that says a lot.
Old 12th July 2011, 23:55   #344
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am enjoying the City thoroughly. Infact since Sunday i have not given the car back to my parents. I think that says a lot.
Mdsaab, this will not do. You need to start a new thread. We want to see pictures, your buying experience (again), comparison and contrast between Civic and City. You are one rare person who can actually do this.

Guys, please dont reply to mdsaab's any post on ANHC unless he starts a new thread. Or at least promises to. Also, please dont reply to this post, this is autogenerated from a friend.
Old 13th July 2011, 08:07   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Mdsaab, this will not do. You need to start a new thread. We want to see pictures, your buying experience (again), comparison and contrast between Civic and City. You are one rare person who can actually do this.

Guys, please dont reply to mdsaab's any post on ANHC unless he starts a new thread. Or at least promises to. Also, please dont reply to this post, this is autogenerated from a friend.
Ha Ha Ha! Dot buddy i am going to start a thread. but as per correct advice from BV and Remi i am not posting until the duck tail spoiler and door guards are fitted. which will be in a couple of days.
I promise to start a thread, so folks please reply to my posts

Dot : You are on the edge man, how can you do this? 999 posts. just one more post to a senior saab status. Congratulations!

Most Viewed