Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 19:36   #376
BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
Dear Remington,
Hope you do not mind asking me a few questions about these alloys. I just absolutely love these on your car. I myself checked these out today at the showroom.
Thank you.
C'mon Dude, why should I mind? I would be happy to help you all in whichever way I can -Team-BHP stands for the same -right ?? :-)

Quote:
Can you please confirm the exact cost of these alloys ?
My guess is 43k direct from Honda showroom. Did you get it for the same price or any other discounted price ?
Last time I enquired these DualTone "V" alloys for BlueVolt 2-3 months back the dealer quoted me 30K for 4 alloys; the other dealer quoted me 31K for 4.
I swapped my default VMT alloys with these +12K as a part of purchase deal.

Quote:
Would you be having information about the broadness of these alloys.
Are these 5.5j or 6j ?
Also are these the stock standard tyres i.e 175 / 65 / R15 that came along with the car or you have upgraded the size ?
I don't have the actual specs with me for these Mugen alloys neither I could find any on internet.
Practically speaking, I am using the stock 175 / 65 / R15 Michellin XM1. You can easily see these tyres actually look a bit wide as if they are Upgraded. So, my best guess is the rims are probably 6j, wider than the default 5.5j alloys & I can for sure say the car handles much better at high speeds than current stocks alloys (as compared to my friends ANHC-VMT).

The site says for alloys -"smooth drive at High speeds".
:: Honda City ::

Thanx[/quote]

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 1st August 2011 at 19:54.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 21:09   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele

Last time I enquired these DualTone "V" alloys for BlueVolt 2-3 months back the dealer quoted me 30K for 4 alloys; the other dealer quoted me 31K for 4.

I don't have the actual specs with me for these Mugen alloys neither I could find any on internet.
Practically speaking, I am using the stock 175 / 65 / R15 Michellin XM1. You can easily see these tyres actually look a bit wide as if they are Upgraded. So, my best guess is the rims are probably 6j, wider than the default alloys & I can for sure say the car handles much better at high speeds than current stocks alloys.
Ring road Honda in Gurgaon quoted 27k for 4 a year ago. 10k as exchange but the sales guy specifically told me that I will have to upgrade the tyre. Mum intervened and she liked the understated looks of e stock alloy. I think I just added to the confusion
Old 1st August 2011, 21:17   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Ring road Honda in Gurgaon quoted 27k for 4 a year ago. 10k as exchange but the sales guy specifically told me that I will have to upgrade the tyre. Mum intervened and she liked the understated looks of e stock alloy. I think I just added to the confusion
You are right 27K is the least I have heard till date and 58K is the highest. But again thats was 2-3 years ago so didn't bother to quote it.

I personaly enquired 2-3 months back when BlueVolt wanted to checkout the price, then 2 dealer quoted me almost same price of 30-31K. You can find the reference on this very thread some pages back.
BTW as I stated earlier I am running on the 175 / 65 / R15 Michellin XM1 stock tyres without any upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 1st August 2011 at 21:35.
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:21   #379
BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Honda Club teammates, check out the July'11 sales figures for Honda.

Quote:
New Delhi, August 1, 2011: Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. (HSCI), leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, sold 4,725 units in the month of July 2011 as against 4,685 units during the corresponding month last year registering a growth of 1%.

Model wise sales break-up:

Jazz: 275; (should lookout for Jazz figures next month)
City: 4092;
Civic: 233;
Accord: 84;
CR-V: 41
Honda Car India : Press Releases

(mods: No thread yet for July2011 sales discussion & June thread has been closed for posting, so posted here ).

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 2nd August 2011 at 16:29.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:28   #380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Honda Club teammates, check out the July'11 sales figures for Honda.

Honda Car India : Press Releases

(mods: No thread yet for July2011 sales dicussion, so posted here).
Taken from the June sales thread;

City : 2802

Man, the sales of City have gone up drastically!

GTO would love to say "competition is a wonderful thing" again!

Looks like Honda has enough goodwill to find customers despite the evident over-pricing of it's line-up. Just hope Honda doesn't take it for granted.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 2nd August 2011 at 16:33.
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:15   #381
Senior - BHPian

That's really fantastic news.
So if Honda's come with a more affordable price tag, people are going to lap them up like puppies do milk.
Even though they are under-equipped goodie wise.
Old 2nd August 2011, 23:22   #382
BHPian

@bluevolt : Bit late though, Congratulations on your senior-ship, brilliant review, wish you many many happy and passionate miles on your LadyInRed
Quote:
Hey BlueVolt as promised here comes the much awaited pics of my White Babe and its new Ducktail spoiler.
Comments from you all are most welcome.
pics# 6,12,13,21,26 : Honda can use these pics in their City Catalog, pic# 23 : unique, fantastic capture, btw is that a buffalo/bison/ or yak ? Pic# 1 : 8 or 4 o'clock ? Just kidding mate, brilliant pics, one of the best City pics seen in Team-BHP, white is always gorgeous.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 2nd August 2011 at 23:27.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 23:35   #383
BHPian

^^ Thanks.
I am glad you like them.
I was actually wanting to see your ride too (please post the links of your ride too).
BTW -Collinite-845 effect topped up during mid monsoon.
Old 4th August 2011, 13:36   #384
Senior - BHPian

@ ANHC Owners,

How often you get the tyre pressure checked? I was discussing this thing with my friends here in Mumbai and they told me that once a month is enough as I have habit of checking it every week.

Also as my car is lying idle for some time (except for 1 day 200 KM trip by dad) the tyre pressure may drop on its own.

PS - I don't have any portable air pressure gauge.
Old 4th August 2011, 13:44   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
@ ANHC Owners,

How often you get the tyre pressure checked? I was discussing this thing with my friends here in Mumbai and they told me that once a month is enough as I have habit of checking it every week.
@bluevolt,same has been under hot discussion on my thread very recently.

I check my other car every week. City is on N2-which I intend to check monthly.
Any plans of filling N2? Or is Venus already on N2?
Old 4th August 2011, 17:45   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Any plans of filling N2? Or is Venus already on N2?
Hi Charthom,

I had plan for N2 a few months back but as per Abhijit aka Remingtonesteele's suggestion I put that idea on hold. Right now Venus is on normal air.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:07   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Hey bluevolt, when did you take your car for the 1st service after the 3 free ones?

My dad got a call from Pearl Honda, Gurgaon "advising" him that he should give the car for servicing. (The car will complete a year on 9th June and the last service was done in the 2nd week fo Jan).
They say the car has to come for servicing every quarter!

I guess Honda can expect a nice email from me very soon!
Remember this?

This type of thing was first reported by Nishad (Libranof1987) sometimes back.

Quote:
Today I finally got the car serviced. (18 june)
Similar thing is happening with me for past two days. I got my car serviced (Page 18) on 18 June 2011. It’s hardly even two months since last service and I am receiving calls from Ring Road Honda (Delhi) to get the car serviced/inspected. Yesterday I told them that my car is sitting idle for past 1 month and has hardly done 1000 KMS but still I got two calls from RR Honda today
So thought of sharing this with you all. I guess I need to write this to Honda pointing out the strange behavior of their dealers. If I own the car then I am aware of its servicing needs, Why the SVC guys keep calling without any reason? Is there any do not disturb facility available?

Last edited by bluevolt : 8th August 2011 at 17:16.
Old 8th August 2011, 19:49   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

This type of thing was first reported by Nishad (Libranof1987) sometimes back.

Similar thing is happening with me for past two days. I got my car serviced (Page 18) on 18 June 2011. It's hardly even two months since last service and I am receiving calls from Ring Road Honda (Delhi) to get the car serviced/inspected. Yesterday I told them that my car is sitting idle for past 1 month and has hardly done 1000 KMS but still I got two calls from RR Honda today
So thought of sharing this with you all. I guess I need to write this to Honda pointing out the strange behavior of their dealers. If I own the car then I am aware of its servicing needs, Why the SVC guys keep calling without any reason? Is there any do not disturb facility available?
Ring road honda is persistent with automatic updates in Gurgaon, I am sure Delhi too has same system, just delete the SMS or call the number mentioned and ask them to omit you from the database, if still they SMS; update a non functional number for their system. But I now prefer Pearl Honda in sector 37. According to SA the policy is service check every 3 months but if you see the manual it says 6 months. Thus, I get my car done every 6 months.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 20:56   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Why the SVC guys keep calling without any reason? Is there any do not disturb facility available?
bluevolt-just politely ignore them-buddy. Sometimes a little reminder will do good. As of now-just take it sportively and let go.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 20:53   #390
Senior - BHPian

Should I say something?

Or let the picture do the talking!

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03835.jpg

A picture is worth thousand words. It conveys the message which words cant. My dear fellows must be guessing what I want to say.

I AM BACK!

Or I should say Venus is back!

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03214.jpg

The long separation period is finally over. This parting was much like a newlywed groom getting separated from her bride.

I was desperate to hear the sweet cranking of the i-VTEC. I started Venus and she instantly fired up. The engine note seemed like a child crying after meeting his parent after long time. I gently pushed the accelerator pedal just like a parent gives a hug to their child.

After idling the car for a minute I took her to nearest petrol bunk to get the tank full and check air pressure (This reminded me of the time when my dad used to take me to market after returning from his official tour some 15 years back).

After a quick trip here and there I was back home writing this post. I will be waxing her thoroughly this weekend.

So folks to sum it up, one final word – Venus is back in action and so I am. Watch this space for further streaming.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks