Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2011, 20:08   #556
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Rear is at 3/4 while the other shuts completely. I thought in my case the rear have not been used till date maybe 10 times in 15 months. But now that I am using, it's annoying. Please suggest a solution. Thanks!
Are both rear windows are slow or it is the case with only one rear window?

I guess it's jamming or some issue with motor etc. You need to take it to Honda Service center.

And yes please do share the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
bluevolt, tuning the horn (in other words tightening the screw of the horn) is not a good or permanent solution especially when the car is under warranty.
In your case I would suggest that you check both the horns and get them replaced by the service center.
Do not accept the repair/tuning solutions as you may have to go again for repair/replacement later.
Again do not forget to take the warranty booklet with you.

HC
Thanks HC, I will insist them to replace the horn.
Old 2nd December 2011, 14:08   #557
Senior - BHPian

Please refer to the post number 542 on last page of this thread. There you can see the car decorated for my brother's marriage.

Now the issue is that there are adhesive marks on the bonnet and boot lid of the car and is not disappearing even after 15 days of the marriage.

Also there are some Heena (Mehendi) marks on the art leather seats, How to remove them?
Old 2nd December 2011, 14:15   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Now the issue is that there are adhesive marks on the bonnet and boot lid of the car and is not disappearing even after 15 days of the marriage.

Also there are some Heena (Mehendi) marks on the art leather seats, How to remove them?
Regarding the adhesive marks they can be removed by using Formula1 Carnauba Liquid wax. Tried and tested and try to find original as there are quite a few fakes in the market.
Otherwise you could go to a 3M car care and they would do the needful for the interiors and the exteriors.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 14:54   #559

can anyone tell me from where can i get the iVtec Side Mirrors with LED similar to this video in Mumbai wanted it for my Black iVtec

Also i wanted to get the automatic side mirror remote module

Would appreciate it if someone could tell me where i can get these in Mumbai with approx prices thanks...
Old 14th December 2011, 00:12   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makatak View Post
can anyone tell me from where can i get the iVtec Side Mirrors with LED similar to this video in Mumbai wanted it for my Black iVtec

Would appreciate it if someone could tell me where i can get these in Mumbai with approx prices thanks...
You can get these types of mirrors at any good car accessory shop. You have to search a bit for them. I have seen a guy getting the LED side mirrors for his Esteem for around 1200 rupees in Delhi.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th December 2011 at 00:08. Reason: Please avoid quoting long post with videos specially if its one same page, thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 18:51   #561
Senior - BHPian

Guys just bumped to inform about the fuel efficiency of my i-vtec.

The MID is displaying over 14.5 KMPL in City conditions and a healthy 16.9 KMPL in highway driving conditions. I expect MID to reach 17 or more mark very soon.

The sudden increase in mileage should be the result of winter season here in Delhi/NCR.

And yes I owe lots of photos for long time on this thread and will post few good snaps of the car in couple of weeks (may be by new years’ time)

Stay tuned!
Old 16th December 2011, 20:00   #562
BHPian

Glad to see the increase in fuel efficiency.
How many KM's have you done so far?
Do you use the heater during the winter and does this affect the fuel efficiency?

HC
Old 16th December 2011, 20:29   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Glad to see the increase in fuel efficiency.
How many KM's have you done so far?
Do you use the heater during the winter and does this affect the fuel efficiency?

HC
I have done over 7500 KMs (didn't noticed exact reading as I keep the MID to mileage display all the time).

I don't use heater much except when windows start fogging in night I turn the temperature knob towards warm side and all the fog gets clears. I use demister all the time(morning and evening/night time).

As far as I know the heater works on coolant heat and I don't think it should affect mileage much. (Don't know if City has electric heater?)

PS - The engine takes 1-2 seconds more to start as compared to summer months. Is this due to the load on battery due to winter season? (today it was around 3.5 degrees minimum temperature in Gurgaon/NCR).

Last edited by bluevolt : 16th December 2011 at 20:31.
Old 16th December 2011, 21:17   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makatak View Post

Check out this site: SINGTECH INDIA

They have a outlet in Mumbai also.
Old 18th December 2011, 13:14   #565
Senior - BHPian

Hi BV,
Great to see the progress of your vehicle.
The decked up car at your bros wedding looked/looks great.
Nice to read about the improved FE figures. Winter has that great an effect on the engine ?
Keep the snaps and words coming !
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 15:44   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi BV,
Great to see the progress of your vehicle.
The decked up car at your bros wedding looked/looks great.
Nice to read about the improved FE figures. Winter has that great an effect on the engine ?
Keep the snaps and words coming !
Thanks sir,

I have observed the changed in mileage figures during winters after reading GTO's thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ng-better.html.

Another reason responsible for the greater fuel efficiency is ZERO A/C usage during winters.

And yes photo-shoot coming up by new year!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 11:06   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I wish to learn from the owner as to how do they warm up the cars.

I am patient with the blue indicator going of at stationary position, however now that it's started to get cold up north, the engine warms but not the gear oil. First two gears are tough to engage, I drive at 4am thus this is quite a pain. Or is there any other way to warm up?

Thanks!
OK, Now I have observed this problem for the first time. The first and second gears are very hard to engage for the first couple of Kilometers after which things gets normal.

I guess the hard-shifting should be the result of extreme cold now a days in NCR (1-3 degree night temperature).

But yes this is an issue I am also facing for last one week or I was late in detecting it.

PS - Other than this I have completed 8000 Kms on my car after couple of trips to Karnal this month. Odo now reads 8055 Kms and overall mileage is 14.9 KMPL with maximum of 16.7 KMPL and minimum of 12 KMPL.

Last edited by bluevolt : 27th December 2011 at 11:08.
Old 27th December 2011, 12:28   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

OK, Now I have observed this problem for the first time. The first and second gears are very hard to engage for the first couple of Kilometers after which things gets normal.

I guess the hard-shifting should be the result of extreme cold now a days in NCR (1-3 degree night temperature).

But yes this is an issue I am also facing for last one week or I was late in detecting it.

PS - Other than this I have completed 8000 Kms on my car after couple of trips to Karnal this month. Odo now reads 8055 Kms and overall mileage is 14.9 KMPL with maximum of 16.7 KMPL and minimum of 12 KMPL.
Hi Bluevolt,
I started to encounter the issue earlier as my day starts quite early at around 4am thus the drop in temperature was hitting me quite early. Also the electronic lights take much more time than summer time to do a Self test. Airbag sensor is last to go away, I remember one of our friend also got this checked with baffled service engineers at Honda. Right now I pump the breaks and clutch about 20 times at start to get some respite from the cold gear and brakes.

These days I have another phenomena to report ; during cold days (these days Gurgaon has minimum of 0.9 deg C) the front suspension or springs (not sure) make stretching squeaking noise as I take few speed breakers. This happens only in front area rear is silent. After taking about 4 of these small speed breakers the front too becomes silent as if to indicate they are warm enough. Can anyone confirm this occurrence?
Old 27th December 2011, 13:40   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

These days I have another phenomena to report ; during cold days (these days Gurgaon has minimum of 0.9 deg C) the front suspension or springs (not sure) make stretching squeaking noise as I take few speed breakers. This happens only in front area rear is silent. After taking about 4 of these small speed breakers the front too becomes silent as if to indicate they are warm enough. Can anyone confirm this occurrence?
I haven't noticed this so far but that may be also the result of accumulated mud/dirt along with the winter? When did you got the car serviced last time? I guess there must be some sort of lubrication done by service people.
Old 27th December 2011, 15:45   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

This issue is being faced by me as well and I agree with your conclusion!

Most Viewed