Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2012, 20:50   #751
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif View Post
is it recommended to use seat covers on top if the beige covers i got. not sure if they are easy to remove/maintain. also, the how does one clean the arm rest which has furry cloth like texture. thnx.
I guess your car has fabric beige seat covers. If you have good budget then you can go for genuine leather stuff or go for art leather seat covers from Honda Showroom for 6-8K. Fabric seat covers are tough to maintain. I too upgraded to art leather seat covers last June http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2396809.

You can ask the SA guys to do the cleaning job and they will happily do it for you otherwise prepare a solution of water and gentle which will remove the stains. (rub the surface with a cloth soaked with solution).

Last edited by bluevolt : 3rd April 2012 at 20:58.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:35   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Strange! In my 15 month of ownership I never experienced the heating of A/C switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Happens in mine too; although not as quick as 15mins.
Agree with you Anmol, haven't experienced anything like this in my 6 months of ownership.

libranof1987, did you get it checked with your SA in the workshop.
Old 7th April 2012, 08:25   #753
BHPian

hi guys, i plan on installing Parking Sensors with Camera and Bluetooth LCD. will this meddle with the warranty? appreciate your comments.
Old 7th April 2012, 09:14   #754
BHPian

Hey Guys,
The A/C Switch with the green light does get heated up after some time.
Is it observed only in certain batch of cars and not in earlier versions ?

New City Owner's kindly observe and share.

Cheers!
MKPI
Old 7th April 2012, 09:56   #755
BHPian

Quote:
i bought my S-MT 2 weeks ago and the blue a/c light does get heated up after 15min. need to get it checked at the dealer. will let you know my findings.
Old 7th April 2012, 13:52   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar
MKPI
All cars have this feature when the AC chills the button keeps you cozy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif
i bought my S-MT 2 weeks ago and the blue a/c light does get heated up after 15min. need to get it checked at the dealer. will let you know my findings.
It's with the circuit and I believe has not been changed in the new car.

Relax, it's not a big issue.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 16:45   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi guys, i plan on installing Parking Sensors with Camera and Bluetooth LCD. will this meddle with the warranty? appreciate your comments.
I don't think this will void warranty if you get the installation done from authorized Honda dealer.

And yes I too observed that the switch gets little warm after 15-20 minutes of A/C operation.
Old 8th April 2012, 10:01   #758
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think this will void warranty if you get the installation done from authorized Honda dealer.
my dealer quoted 9k for parking sensors and 12k for one with camera which is think is exorbitant. after-market ones cost you a third! also, the body cover i got sheds so much dust that the car is better of without it. is this common or did i get a lemon.
Old 8th April 2012, 13:45   #759
BHPian

Quote:
the body cover i got sheds so much dust that the car is better of without it. is this common or did i get a lemon.
Body cover given free is just an indoor cover.

Using it on a dusty car will ensure scratches on paint, especially at edges - after a few days you will see that the edges have gone rough. If its windy the cover lifts over.

If you plan to use that cover, was the car well, dry it and then use the cover. Add 2 more tie strips at the bottom to prevent the cover from flying away.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 15:21   #760
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here is a video of the sound of new horns replaced under warranty. Notice that the sound is much louder and sweeter, I guess the horns are of 2012 City. RavenAvi, NitinRai can you confirm after watching the video?
Sounds a bit like mine, although it's much harsher when I hear it with the windows down. It sounds different though, BV.

Quote:
PS - I have noticed that after every service there is sudden drop in car's mileage. The day before I got my car serviced MID was showing 15.6KMPL, when I received the car MID was showing 10.8KMPL and after driving the car for around 40-50KM after service the MID is displaying 13.6 KMPL which I usually gets in severe stop and go traffic but I am getting this mileage on highway also. I know same thing happened after previous service and things improved after few hundred kilometers, though the mileage is increasing I want to know why there is drop in mileage after the service whereas it should actually go up?
That's weird. This shouldn't happen usually. Let me see if my Pegasus shows the same symptoms after it's second service (first one is general checkup/washing so nothing different should happen there).

Quote:
hi guys, the A/C button in my City S-MT heats up after 10-15min of switching on. anybody experience the same. yet to ask the dealer though. thnx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Hey Guys,

New City Owner's kindly observe and share.

Cheers!
MKPI
Yes the AC button heats up but not alarmingly. It is warm to the touch (because of the glowing light-green LED inside, like everyone has said). It's no cause for alarm or anything. Don't worry.

Quote:
is it recommended to use seat covers on top if the beige covers i got. not sure if they are easy to remove/maintain. also, the how does one clean the arm rest which has furry cloth like texture. thnx.
Eventually you will have to go for seat covers, because maintaining the fabric OEM seats is a bit of a pain (specially the black ones).

My wife and Mom went to a party wearing these sarees with "chips" and when they got off on our return home, the seats were full of small "sparklers" from their sarees. A real pain to clean them off, unless you have a small, powerful vacuum cleaner. Reminded me to get one ASAP.

Normal cloth/paper can't clean the fabric surfaces. You need a solution to tackle them.

Quote:
I don't think it will void your warranty if you get either/both Sensors & Camera installed, as long as you get it done at the dealer's.

Which brings us to...

Quote:
my dealer quoted 9k for parking sensors and 12k for one with camera which is think is exorbitant. after-market ones cost you a third! also, the body cover i got sheds so much dust that the car is better of without it. is this common or did i get a lemon.
The reason why I went for getting fog-lamps fitted at my dealership, even when they quoted me 19.6K for a pair! I was getting really good aftermarket stuff at 8K but didn't want to risk getting the original wiring cut and thus voiding my warranty. Best thing to do, hold off anything which you don't REALLY need till your warranties are over, then start splurging on stuff. If you REALLY need them done, get them done at the dealership.

See if they agree to you getting the accessories from outside and getting them fitted at your dealership. (my dealer didn't agree to this)
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 21:58   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well if you want peace of mind then go for stuff provided by Honda. I don't have experience of installing after market stuff so may be other Honda City members can guide us in much better way.

And about body cover I think they have not provided you genuine Honda Cover (check the cover carton as it has details about manufacturer etc), as I have experienced that with genuine cover there is good protection from both sun and dust. And yes do use some clips to prevent the cover from flying away due to strong winds in summer/monsoon season.
Old 8th April 2012, 22:20   #762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Parking sensors (body colored) with distance and beep function only was quoted at INR 5000 at Pearl Honda, Gurgaon. With camera was not available then. Your dealer is quoting extra, try to negotiate. I have kept the car stock just so I can break free once the warranty is done
Old 9th April 2012, 20:16   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I have kept the car stock just so I can break free once the warranty is done
+1 but the warranty period is long four years for our Honda City variants whereas it is two years for recent updated variant.
Old 10th April 2012, 11:38   #764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

+1 but the warranty period is long four years for our Honda City variants whereas it is two years for recent updated variant.
Brother, IIRC there is 2+2 warranty. Engine and certain components are covered in 2 and the extended warranty that we paid for covers certain other components such as suspensions, electricity and such.

I think 2 years is a long enough time to test our patience. Honda has world's strictest warranty policies, even BMW is lenient.

I will read the warranty policy again and put my views forward.
Old 13th April 2012, 22:35   #765
BHPian

does the city have 10 to 12 liters fuel as reserve? i had 66km range at 15.8 kmpl and i wanted to fill 42 liters going by the car manual. but the tank brimmed at 30 liters, yet i got range of 660km after refueling. is there something i am missing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks