Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2012, 10:44   #841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
My 2000th Post and it had to be on this thread. Feeling great on scoring a twenty tonner.

PS - Venus has completed 11,000KMs today and A/C is chilling cabin in no time after condenser replacement and in fact I have to switch off the A/C in the evening. Mileage is on lower side, around 12.6KMPL on MID in city traffic with A/C 99% On.
Congratulations BV. Many more to come. Cheers!

I removed my very light sun film and usage of AC as always 100% during summer. The MID reading is near 13.5 kmpl but I guess it's due to my short runs of 10 km each. Multiple starts and stops play havoc with effeciency.

Did you renew your insurance? What's the IDV you chose and the premium please. Thanks!
Old 6th June 2012, 11:23   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r
Hey guys!
Just completed 560 km run in single day and car averaged 28.12 liters for 525 km run 100% AC and variable speeds but below average highway traffic.
An amazing mileage! I did a 3,000+ km trip during April-May, with a lot of drive on NH4. I got 17-19 kmpl mileage on NH4, which dropped drastically in cities. I drove at high speeds on NH4 since I had to cover long distances during daytime (I don't like to drive during night).

I experimented last night with mileage. I drive from office to home, a distance of about 17.5 km, without AC. I achieved an overall mileage of 25.3, peak being 26.2. I can just dream of 28+. Great, keep going.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:44   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran

An amazing mileage! I did a 3,000+ km trip during April-May, with a lot of drive on NH4. I got 17-19 kmpl mileage on NH4, which dropped drastically in cities. I drove at high speeds on NH4 since I had to cover long distances during daytime (I don't like to drive during night).

I experimented last night with mileage. I drive from office to home, a distance of about 17.5 km, without AC. I achieved an overall mileage of 25.3, peak being 26.2. I can just dream of 28+. Great, keep going.
I guess you got it wrong dear. I said car consumption of 28 liters for 525 km so the average is good only for highways. The city conditions pulls the average below 15 with AC on duty. You are getting extremely good efficiency out of the block.

Cheers!
Old 6th June 2012, 12:51   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r

I guess you got it wrong dear. I said car consumption of 28 liters for 525 km so the average is good only for highways. The city conditions pulls the average below 15 with AC on duty. You are getting extremely good efficiency out of the block.

Cheers!
I got that mileage because I drove between 12:30 and 1:00 am, without AC. This happens once in a blue moon.

However, I've noticed very good mileage when driven at 60-70 kmph, with AC on; in the range of 17-18 kmpl. This is possible because of very minimal gear changes and no so aggressive accelerations. It is very tough to stick to these ideals on Eastern Express Highway, in Mumbai.
Old 6th June 2012, 16:37   #845
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post

Did you renew your insurance? What's the IDV you chose and the premium please. Thanks!

Hi mate,

I got the first year insurance renewed in October last year for around 20K (0 Dep) from Bajaj Allianz. I don't have insurance policy with me right now so not sure about IDV.

Since this is your second insurance renewal, I think your vehicle IDV should be around 5.8 to 6.2 lacs.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2012, 19:44   #846
BHPian

HI, BlueVolt, This is my second post in T-Bhp. I have been following your thread since 2011. Sad to hear that your Honda City had a condenser leak and pleased that the ASC guys fixed your with a new one.I own a Honda city 2012 model which has run approx 4000 km till now. Its a Carnellian Red, which I am not sure which kind of red/brown it is!AC is absolute chiller and some times I have to turn it off during evening/night drives. The second service is around the corner and I get a pretty good FE of 16-17km with AC ON. Thanks to mdsaab on his experiments on Pegauses, I try to maintain the speed between 60-65 or 80-90 km/hr which gives me maximum FE. Also having a light foot helps in increasing the FE. BTW since the 2012 City has the ECO mode and the VMT model has the "Cruise" facility, once you set the speed with ECO light ON, the car maintains a healthy FE and speed.

Regards
KL01BE
KL01BE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 16:42   #847
Senior - BHPian

The car went through the 30,000 km service on Tuesday. Total cost ₹ 4239/- involved throttle cleaning (don't know why?) plus internals cleaning (again?) not interior cleaning. Plus normal service. Added cost was 1500/- + the regular and enhanced taxes. I didn't think much to it.

It turned 2 today.
Odo reads 20,650. The car is running like a dream.

I am very happy owner and still recommend it over its rivals.

Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 19:32   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
HI, BlueVolt, This is my second post in T-Bhp. I have been following your thread since 2011.
Thanks mate. City's mileage totally depend on driving style. It is like 'You Get What You Give'. i-VTEC Engine extremely fuel efficient.
Do keep sharing your experiences with your City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
The car went through the 30,000 km service on Tuesday. Total cost ₹ 4239/- involved throttle cleaning (don't know why?) plus internals cleaning (again?) not interior cleaning. Plus normal service. Added cost was 1500/- + the regular and enhanced taxes. I didn't think much to it.
It turned 2 today.
Odo reads 20,650. The car is running like a dream.
I am very happy owner and still recommend it over its rivals.
Congrats Sn1p3r on your car's second birthday. Do you get your car serviced according to KMs interval or by months interval?

What's this internal cleaning? Something like Engine Flushing?

20K KM service also includes air filter replacement, so please check if this job is done.

Enjoy Crunching miles with your City!
Old 20th June 2012, 12:26   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
Congrats Sn1p3r on your car's second birthday. Do you get your car serviced according to KMs interval or by months interval?

What's this internal cleaning? Something like Engine Flushing?

20K KM service also includes air filter replacement, so please check if this job is done.

Enjoy Crunching miles with your City!
thanks mate; the service is done on 6 months 5000 km interval. I achieve this easily. The guys at honda do the service at the 3 month interval. They ought to do it to make money on consumables and service. Thus this time the car got its 30k km service done. So the air filter etc change have been done already at 16k

I did not comprehend what they meant by cleaning but it was or 650 bucks. Not flushing but maybe injector cleaning :s

City requires the change of engine oil (don't know which manufacturer) but the engine feels much happier post service. My past two services have come at 5k km so I am pretty darn sure about it. I was so wanting to convert to synthetic but the car will see a few Km now onwards. I am in process to be in Canada for a stint. Mother has her usual 5 km runs and she has now company that pools cars sometime. So as of now the engine sips OEM oil.
Sn1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 21:16   #850
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE:

Reached 12,000 KMs today with MID showing 14.2 KMPL with 100% AC on.

There is little issue with Alignment - car is tilting towards right (very slightly, nothing serious), should I wait till 15K service or get the alignment done immediately?

Does improper alignment affects Fuel efficiency/Steering/Tyres etc?

Last edited by bluevolt : 11th July 2012 at 21:33.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 21:30   #851
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
should I wait till 15K service or get the alignment done immediately?

It's best you get balancing/alignment done asap at a dedicated tyre shop. I don't trust the A.S.S. for it.
Quote:
Does improper alignment affects Fuel efficiency/Steering/Tyres etc?
It'll affect tyres and handling immediately.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 23:11   #852
BHPian

Friends , need some advice. My City is nearing his 1st birthday, and its time to get the insurance renewed. I am on Honda Assure with Bajaj Allianz now.

I have got quotes from Honda Assure for the normal policy at about 15k and the 0% depreciation one at 20k ( Bajaj Allianz) . The IDV they have fixed is 664000/-.

Received a quote from a 3rd party for Tata AIG , and its about 12k for the normal insurance and 14k for the 0% depreciation one. The IDV they have fixed is lesser but.

So Honda Assure is about 6k dearer . 99% i would go with Honda Assure, but just wanted to know from you guys whether it is really worth the extra money you put in
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 23:18   #853
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Friends , need some advice. My City is nearing his 1st birthday, and its time to get the insurance renewed. I am on Honda Assure with Bajaj Allianz now.

I have got quotes from Honda Assure for the normal policy at about 15k and the 0% depreciation one at 20k ( Bajaj Allianz) . The IDV they have fixed is 664000/-.

Received a quote from a 3rd party for Tata AIG , and its about 12k for the normal insurance and 14k for the 0% depreciation one. The IDV they have fixed is lesser but.

So Honda Assure is about 6k dearer . 99% i would go with Honda Assure, but just wanted to know from you guys whether it is really worth the extra money you put in
The IDV is 6.64 at the end of the 1st year?! That's too less IMO. Which variant do you have?

I just renewed the Insurance of my SMT at the end of 2 years for 14k for a zero-dep policy from Tata AIG at an IDV of 5.91 lakhs.

I believe your IDV should be higher (probably it is less to compensate the lower premium).
Old 12th July 2012, 23:20   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
I also paid 20K for 0 dep Honda assure - Bajaj allianz first year insurance. So the quote is perfectly OK.

It's true that Honda assure is expensive but offers peace of mind.

Last edited by bluevolt : 12th July 2012 at 23:23.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 13:39   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The IDV is 6.64 at the end of the 1st year?! That's too less IMO. Which variant do you have?

I just renewed the Insurance of my SMT at the end of 2 years for 14k for a zero-dep policy from Tata AIG at an IDV of 5.91 lakhs.

I believe your IDV should be higher (probably it is less to compensate the lower premium).
Mine is an S-MT as well. The invoice value for my car was 8,33,000. Bajaj Allianz calculates the 1st year IDV at a depreciation of 20% . Hence my IDV is at 6.64 now.
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks