Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2013, 18:28   #946
BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Hello Guys,

I have a 2012 City V MT.
Recently i have observed that the AC button where the LED is present gets quite warm when the AC is on.

Is it normal in all City's ? Please help me out on this one so that if anything is really going wrong let me get it rectified ASAP

Thanks in advance
Old 11th June 2013, 18:47   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
Hello Guys,

I have a 2012 City V MT.
Recently i have observed that the AC button where the LED is present gets quite warm when the AC is on.

Is it normal in all City's ? Please help me out on this one so that if anything is really going wrong let me get it rectified ASAP

Thanks in advance
I think it is because of the heat produced by that tiny LED light present inside it. It happens sometimes in my i20 too if the AC is used for long period of time. If it is just getting "warm" then don't worry. But if it is getting "hot" then its a problem.
GreyAsta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 19:18   #948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

I have a 2012 City V MT.

Thanks in advance

That's absolutely normal as this is reported by many owners including me so relax and enjoy your car.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 19:21   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

I have a 2012 City V MT.

Thanks in advance
Nothing to worry, I had the same observations on my 2009 City SMT, when checked with SA got to know that its due to the LED. As per him the blue one which is used in this case causes bit of heat. This was more than 3 years ago

This would not cause any damage, enjoy the IVTEC
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 20:34   #950
Senior - BHPian

This happened by mistake while reversing the car.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0409.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0410.jpg

Now the LHS light set is cracked like this and I hate my car in this condition.

Now what options I have? Mine is the 2010 Honda City (prior to the facelift). Can I get the old design light set from Honda dealership? If not then I guess I have to replace both the light set with the one which comes with present facelift City. Those must be direct fit?

Or can I get non-OEM 2010 City light set from outside car parts shops? I have seen such non-OEM light sets of WagonR and Santro in a nearby car parts shop.

Last edited by bluevolt : 28th June 2013 at 20:40.
Old 28th June 2013, 21:11   #951
Senior - BHPian

^^obviously you can get the light from outside, and it'll be cheaper too compared to dealership. Just make sure that, the one you buy is of good quality.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 01:29   #952
Senior - BHPian

Didnt you have parking sensors installed? Having those parking sensors with beeps and a small display to show distance are a real help with sedans, they have saved me so many times when i couldnt spot an obstacle in the dark, come cheap too.

As sameer suggested, you can get the light outside at a much cheaper price, the honda service centre would charge quite a lot for the light + labour to fit it.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 14:24   #953
Senior - BHPian

So finally got the job done from outside.

I got the LHS rear light replaced from a car parts shop in Pitampura. Got it for Rs. 1500 + Rs. 100 for fitting = Rs. 1600 total.

Last time when I got the light replaced from Honda, total cost was around Rs. 2600 so roughly its saving of Rs. 1000.

The replaced light is 100% same as original and in fact the box of the light had a Honda genuine hologram and sticker. Don't know how these people can source OEM parts at much lower price than the company.

Will take care of scratches later with either com paint or will ask the service people do the same at 20K service which is due in couple of months.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0412.jpg
Before

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0415.jpg
After fitting new light

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0418.jpg
now what to do with this, I have pair of broken (very minor though) lights now

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0417.jpg
com paint set

Last edited by bluevolt : 29th June 2013 at 14:26.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 17:43   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Attachment 1103926
now what to do with this, I have pair of broken (very minor though) lights now com paint set
I think it's a good idea you replaced the lights even if the cracks were minor as what happens is water seeps into the lights and gets collected and could cause shortage , greenish fungus growth etc and spoils the looks.
Old 29th June 2013, 19:49   #955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I think it's a good idea you replaced the lights even if the cracks were minor as what happens is water seeps into the lights and gets collected and could cause shortage , greenish fungus growth etc and spoils the looks.
That was the biggest worry than the spoiled looks because it is raining from couple of days here in Delhi.

Also I am a kind of person who just want to see my cars/bike in perfect condition

That's why got the replacement within 24 hours.
Old 1st July 2013, 08:04   #956
Senior - BHPian

Achieved this figure on the Gurgaon expressway this morning for the first time. Last best was 18.9KMPL IIRC. Pretty decent for a car with 118 horses under the hood.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag00030001.jpg

Venus gulping 35 liters of petrol after a thorough early morning drive.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag042611.jpg

Sunrise & Traffic @ 5.50 AM

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag042211.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 1st July 2013 at 08:06.
Old 1st July 2013, 18:01   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Achieved this figure on the Gurgaon expressway this morning for the first time. Last best was 18.9KMPL IIRC. Pretty decent for a car with 118 horses under the hood.

Attachment 1104575

Venus gulping 35 liters of petrol after a thorough early morning drive.

Attachment 1104576

Sunrise & Traffic @ 5.50 AM

Attachment 1104577
Well done BlueVolt. You beat the ARAI figures for the city. The best I have ever achieved on the on board FE indicator is just 17+. :-)
Since you have been driving your city for sometime now, I would like to ask as to how long/well your OEM tyres have lasted.
My city is just short of a couple of years and has done 30k on the odo, the tyre noise and the ride quality seems to be have degraded over the last thousand kilometres or so. The treads seem to be okay though. Btw the OEM's were Michelin XM1's. :-)

Cheers
Old 1st July 2013, 18:41   #958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Well done BlueVolt. You beat the ARAI figures for the city. The best I have ever achieved on the on board FE indicator is just 17+. :-)
Thanks. My next target is 20KMPL+ figure. Let's see when I am able to achieve that.

Quote:
Since you have been driving your city for sometime now, I would like to ask as to how long/well your OEM tyres have lasted
My City came with Goodyear tyres and they are performing just fine. Odometer is pushing 19K KMs in few weeks and I guess these tyres are good enough for at least another 15-20K KMs.

Quote:
My city is just short of a couple of years and has done 30k on the odo, the tyre noise and the ride quality seems to be have degraded over the last thousand kilometres or so. The treads seem to be okay though. Btw the OEM's were Michelin XM1's. :-)

Cheers
Goodyears are more noisy than Michellin tyres but Michellin wear out quickly as they are soft compound tyres as compared to Goodyears. But Michellins offer better ride quality and low road noise. So you may have to replace them little earlier as compared to other brands.

Keep a check on the tread level.

Last edited by bluevolt : 1st July 2013 at 18:43.
Old 1st July 2013, 20:31   #959
BHPian

Man , you really got awesome mileage figures there. The max I have managed so far is 17.2kmpl. But mostly my readings lie in the 13-14 range. I guess I'm addicted to hearing the ivtec !
What is your average in city traffic these days?
Old 1st July 2013, 23:26   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Goodyears are more noisy than Michellin tyres but Michellin wear out quickly as they are soft compound tyres as compared to Goodyears. But Michellins offer better ride quality and low road noise. So you may have to replace them little earlier as compared to other brands.

Keep a check on the tread level.
Agree with you on the Goodyears being noisy. Had replaced them by Primacy LC on my Grande Punto MJD at around 15k ODO reading. Its 65k in ODO now and the tyres could easily go for another 5000 KMs. Also never had any issues with soft walls etc.

Only thing I have done is maintaining the right amount of pressure "always" + Nitrogen.

I was so happy when my City came with Michelins. But 12000 KMs and I must agree that I am not impressed at all. Planning to upgrade to 195/60-R15 Primacy LCs soon.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this esp warranty issues, if any.

Most Viewed