Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 22:44   #976
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

20k service report

Today I went for 20K service of Venus from Ring Road Honda, Peeragarhi, Delhi. Overall experience was ok. I gave the car for servicing at 11AM in the morning and got it back at 6PM. Service was done by 5PM and an extra hour was due to the diamond brite coating I asked them to do so.

As mentioned in my last post I observed little rusting around the washer nozzle while handing over the car to service adviser and still wondering how and why did that happened. This has left me little worried because bonnet is the main component of the car and it will hamper the looks if it rusts any further. That was the only reason for opting Diamond brite paint protection coating for Rs. 2400.

The SVC people checked it for any leakage by removing the nozzle and refitting it back by cleaning it. I never used tap water in washer tank other than the fluid filled by SVC. On the other hand I am using normal tap water in my six year old WagonR and no such complaint till date.

I request BHPians to please suggest me what all precautions I can take to prevent any further rusting and why it happened at first place. I suspect there must be some leakage.

Rest normal service was done, horns were again replaced under extended warranty. Wheel alignment was done for free as a goodwill gesture. More details about parts/consumables/costs are as follows.

Consumables

-> Mineral Engine Oil - Rs. 1100
-> Washer plug drain - Rs. 20
-> Washer Fluid - Rs. 45
-> O ring - injector related (4 pcs) - Rs. 225

Labor

-> Paid service charges - Rs. 940
-> Throttle body cleaning - Rs. 305
-> Injector cleaning - Rs. 730
-> Brake cleaning - Rs. 365
-> General repair & HLC cleaning etc - don't know what crap is this - Rs. 570

Total servicing charges including all taxes + some discount = Rs. 4430

Diamond Brite 6 month paint protection teflon coating - Rs. 2400

Final net amount paid after some discount = Rs. 6627

I am not too happy with Ring Road Honda because even with prior service appointment, they took lot of time for servicing the car (11Am - 6PM is lot of time for servicing a car). Earlier I used to get my car back by afternoon. There was hardly any rush today (considering the fact that it's not weekend). Next time I would like to try Courtesy Honda, Wazirpur for 25K service. No further issues, Venus feels as good as new after fresh oil change and I can notice improved throttle response and pickup.

Some pics

The rust around washer nozzle

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0586.jpg

Under the bonnet

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0587.jpg

During servicing - oil change etc
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0589.jpg

New CR-V on display
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0592.jpg

City SMT on display

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0593.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0595.jpg

Showroom decorated for Navratri, festival season.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0596.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0599.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0601.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0603.jpg
getting ready for delivery
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0604.jpg

Coating job
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0605.jpg

touch up
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0606.jpg

invoice
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag0607.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th October 2013 at 22:57.
bluevolt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 09:27   #977
Senior - BHPian

Strange to see rust around that area, was there any chip of the paint as even a minute chip can lead to rust of the steel body. How is the area now after the polish? You should tend to it sooner if the rust is still present, otherwise it will spread.
Old 12th October 2013, 08:24   #978

Regarding the Diamond brite coating, do they offer 2 more coats within 1 year?
Old 12th October 2013, 22:51   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor18 View Post
Regarding the Diamond brite coating, do they offer 2 more coats within 1 year?
This was 6 month protection package, so one coating only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Strange to see rust around that area, was there any chip of the paint as even a minute chip can lead to rust of the steel body. How is the area now after the polish? You should tend to it sooner if the rust is still present, otherwise it will spread.
It's like before only even after coating. I will keep a close watch on the rusting.

Any suggestions from BHPians to prevent further rusting?

Last edited by bluevolt : 12th October 2013 at 22:53.
Old 14th October 2013, 04:10   #980
Team-BHP Support

Rusting in that area?! That's really strange. Is there some leak in the nozzle?

What did Honda A.S.S. say about the rust?
Old 14th October 2013, 10:16   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
This was 6 month protection package, so one coating only. It's like before only even after coating. I will keep a close watch on the rusting. Any suggestions from BHPians to prevent further rusting?
Is the 6 month Teflon package the only service offered by Diamond brite? I was quoted 3 thousand for car detailing by Pride Honda, Hyderabad ( a 1 yr package, I think), and wasn't told that it'd just be Teflon coating. Do you recommend Diamond Brite?
Old 14th October 2013, 18:44   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Rusting in that area?! That's really strange. Is there some leak in the nozzle?

What did Honda A.S.S. say about the rust?
That's what annoyed me. They were not clearly telling anything. The senior SA even told that we have no responsibility for rusting after the vehicle is two year old. They refitted the pipe and nozzle after cleaning it and advised to use only the washer fluid recommended by Honda but that was only I was using till date! I suspect there must have been some internal leakage. Keeping an eye on that area for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif View Post
Is the 6 month Teflon package the only service offered by Diamond brite? I was quoted 3 thousand for car detailing by Pride Honda, Hyderabad ( a 1 yr package, I think), and wasn't told that it'd just be Teflon coating. Do you recommend Diamond Brite?
The one year package was around 4000+.

As far as gloss is concerned I do recommend Diamond brite but only once a year. Rest I will take care my self by waxing.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 19:17   #983

Quote:

The one year package was around 4000+.

As far as gloss is concerned I do recommend Diamond brite but only once a year. Rest I will take care my self by waxing.
What is the difference in 6 month and 12 month package? Are more coatings offered in 12 month package?
Old 14th October 2013, 20:44   #984
BHPian

did you get the engine bay area flushed and cleaned as well or they do it voluntarily?
Old 14th October 2013, 22:10   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor18 View Post
What is the difference in 6 month and 12 month package? Are more coatings offered in 12 month package?
In one year package there will be two different coatings on the same day while in 6 month package there is single coating only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
did you get the engine bay area flushed and cleaned as well or they do it voluntarily?
Yes that was washed and cleaned ; I forgot to post picture of clean engine bay!
Old 16th November 2013, 13:55   #986
Senior - BHPian

The Car's Horns have again started sounding weirdly, looks like its time to get them replaced again under warranty.

It would be the fourth time I have to get them replaced under warranty.

I was wondering how Honda could procure such poor quality horns from their vendors!

Last edited by bluevolt : 16th November 2013 at 13:57.
Old 16th November 2013, 14:46   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Car's Horns have again started sounding weirdly, looks like its time to get them replaced again under warranty.

It would be the fourth time I have to get them replaced under warranty.

I was wondering how Honda could procure such poor quality horns from their vendors!
Sad to hear that. But is this generic to all the Honda Cities? My colleague has not had this problem over the past 3.5 years of ownership.

Further, in the service charges you've posted, I don't see any charge for engine oil filter. Was it not changed?
Old 16th November 2013, 14:50   #988
BHPian

Bluevolt,
Sorry to learn about the corrosion near the windshield washer.
Is it on the passenger side washer?
How did you miss this early sign of damage while cleaning regularly?
Looks like some corrosive water has leaked between the wash nozzle and the bonnet metal and has damaged the paint.
Is the car parked in a covered area?
I know you use the body cover, but don't know if you have a covered park area?
Do the detailing experts have any optimal solution to this damage?
Good to see the car in excellent condition.
Did you do the balancing and 5 wheel rotation which is done usually for every 10k KM?
Old 16th November 2013, 14:53   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sad to hear that. But is this generic to all the Honda Cities? My colleague has not had this problem over the past 3.5 years of ownership.
I have seen many Citys with bad horns and few owners have also reported this on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Further, in the service charges you've posted, I don't see any charge for engine oil filter. Was it not changed?
I will check the bill again to confirm whether it was changed or not.
Old 16th November 2013, 17:09   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Bluevolt,
Sorry to learn about the corrosion near the windshield washer.
Is it on the passenger side washer?
How did you miss this early sign of damage while cleaning regularly?
Looks like some corrosive water has leaked between the wash nozzle and the bonnet metal and has damaged the paint.
Is the car parked in a covered area?
I know you use the body cover, but don't know if you have a covered park area?
Do the detailing experts have any optimal solution to this damage?
Good to see the car in excellent condition.
Did you do the balancing and 5 wheel rotation which is done usually for every 10k KM?
Yes, the corrosion is on the passenger side washer. I missed the early signs because I don't clean my car myself these days and the cleaner never told about such mark on bonnet.

I use body cover but the Venus is parked in open outside the house.

The SVC people told me to not to use hard water in washer reservoir but I haven't used any other thing except for what they put in during service. I suspect there must have been some internal leakage. They simply removed the nozzle and pipe and reinstalled after cleaning.

I got the balancing and 4 wheel rotation during 15k service. 5th wheel is untouched.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks