Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2014, 19:35   #1036
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

After the following incident yesterday http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ow-broken.html, got the RHS rear door glass replaced for Rs. 800 from a local car window glass dealer. Got the OEM AIS brand glass same as installed with the car. Earlier I inquired at couple of dealerships but it was not available with them. Interior cleaning was also done to remove all glass pieces.

After getting the glass job done I started my car but engine refused to crank. Considering battery related hiccups last month I decided to go for a new battery. The battery service guy checked the voltage and it dropped to 6.5 upon cranking the engine. So it was clear that the battery needs to be replaced.

There were three brands available at the battery shop with following prices after exchanging old battery (Rs. 600 exchange rate) – Exide (Rs. 3500), Amaron (Rs. 2800) and Sukam(RS. 2500). I chose Amaron Black battery with 18 months warranty costing Rs. 2800. I had good experience with Amaron in the past. The stock standard furukawa battery lasted three years - a little lower than my expectation - my wagonr's amaron stock battery lasted for complete five years.

My car’s tyre was also deliberately punctured in yesterday’s incident with small cut in the sidewall. That had to be converted to tube type and all this was done for Rs. 500 including new tube and seal applied on the cut area.
Odo reading is 22,800 KMs as of today with overall mileage of 14.3 KMPL (MID).

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1316.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1318.jpg

New battery

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1321.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1322.jpg

Old battery

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1327.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st January 2014 at 19:37.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 23:04   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Just forgot to add one point related to new battery.

My battery dealer told me that the stock battery and the one I purchased are completely maintenance free batteries and there is no need to open the flaps and add distilled water. According to him adding distilled water will void the warranty.

Now I don't know how that can be true. These aren't sealed batteries! It could be a ultra low maintenance battery but my earlier battery also reads 'Maintenance Free' as in the picture above. There was No need to add water in that also as per his words.

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st January 2014 at 23:06.
Old 22nd January 2014, 03:07   #1038
Team-BHP Support

Again, sorry about this incident. I feel terrible to see such damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
After the following incident yesterday http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ow-broken.html, got the RHS rear door glass replaced for Rs. 800 from a local car window glass dealer.
800? Typo?

Even if you claim Insurance, I think you still have to pay ~1200 for the sealant.

Quote:
Just forgot to add one point related to new battery.

My battery dealer told me that the stock battery and the one I purchased are completely maintenance free batteries and there is no need to open the flaps and add distilled water.
Told you so!

I'm just surprised the battery gave up so soon. Do you use electronics (headlights, music system) on battery power a lot?
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:24   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

800? Typo?

Even if you claim Insurance, I think you still have to pay ~1200 for the sealant.
Sorry, why would sealant be required for rear door glass? It is not fixed.
vaasu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 16:58   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Again, sorry about this incident. I feel terrible to see such damage.

800? Typo?

Told you so!

I'm just surprised the battery gave up so soon. Do you use electronics (headlights, music system) on battery power a lot?
The price of glass at a local glass dealer was quoted Rs. 700 + Rs. 100 for installation. No sealant was used as such.

At the delaership quoted price was Rs. 900 + labour charges and at Windhshield Experts same glass was quoted for Rs. 1200.

I don't use music system/lights on battery but last year in october I forgot to switch off the parking lights in a hurry and that left battery completely flat. I had to get my car jump started. May be because of that one of the cell gave up early.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 17:07   #1041
Distinguished - BHPian

Bluevolt, that is a very bad incident to have happened. I hope everything goes well in terms of managing to get documents done again whichever possible.

Quote:
800? Typo?

I guess sealant comes into picture if you are replacing the front (or rear) windscreen. For the door glass, you don't need one. 800 seems to be a justified price for the side window glass.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 17:40   #1042

Sorry to hear about the loss and it's disheartening to see such a damage to a car that is loved so much. Hope all is fine now.

How have the door panels come off? Did they come off due to the impact with the brick or was it during window replacement?

Doesn't the vehicle insurance cover glasses as well? 800 seems to be a good price considering the price of spares for the ivtec. If you had sun films put on might have added more to the cost maybe.

Hope you get all the lost docs replaced asap.
diploguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 21:48   #1043
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely shocking!!

I saw your post only just now, BV. Hope all is well and there was no further damage to Venus, also that the culprits get caught and get a good thrashing from the police!

Did you manage to get backups of all the documents/cards which got stolen? Any other losses besides the ones you mentioned in the other thread?

I have started noticing a delay in starting up Pegasus upon first/second cranking in recent times as well. Cause for worry for me as far as my OEM battery is concerned? Fluid levels seem fine to me and the weather isn't cold either.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 13:28   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diploguy View Post
Sorry to hear about the loss and it's disheartening to see such a damage to a car that is loved so much. Hope all is fine now.

How have the door panels come off? Did they come off due to the impact with the brick or was it during window replacement?

Doesn't the vehicle insurance cover glasses as well? 800 seems to be a good price considering the price of spares for the ivtec. If you had sun films put on might have added more to the cost maybe.

Hope you get all the lost docs replaced asap.
Yup all is fine now

The panels were removed during the window glass replacement.

Windows glass is covered in insurance but it is not worth claiming insurance for just a windows glass and loosing the NCB.

We have started the process of making duplicate documents and on monday my dad will apply for a duplicate DL and for RC we will be contacting an agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Absolutely shocking!!

I saw your post only just now, BV. Hope all is well and there was no further damage to Venus, also that the culprits get caught and get a good thrashing from the police!

Did you manage to get backups of all the documents/cards which got stolen? Any other losses besides the ones you mentioned in the other thread?

I have started noticing a delay in starting up Pegasus upon first/second cranking in recent times as well. Cause for worry for me as far as my OEM battery is concerned? Fluid levels seem fine to me and the weather isn't cold either.
Hi Rv, No further damage was there except for the tyre and window glass.

We had photocopies of all documents except for RC which was there in briefcase itself. Dad will apply for DL tomorrow - process seems to be simple. And for RC we will take assistance of an agent.

I too noticed similar delay with my old battery. I suggest you to get the battery checked by a battery care shop and they will check each cell along with voltage levels. It is better to get a new battery instead of getting stranded on road.

OEM battery life is uncertain. I got over five years with my WagonR's stock battery while for City it lasted for three years only.
Old 9th March 2014, 21:05   #1045
Senior - BHPian

There is a pungent smell of dead rat specifically from AC vents in my car. I have tried to refresh the interiors by spraying room fresheners etc and haven't driven the car for two days!

I am wondering how rat reached inside the dashboard at the first place.

I guess I have to wait for the smell to subside on its own before I start driving my car again.

Any pointers?
Old 9th March 2014, 22:59   #1046
BANNED

Quote:
Did you leave the car windows open while cleaning or any work for a while? May be doors were open.

Anurag.
Old 10th March 2014, 04:55   #1047
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is a pungent smell of dead rat specifically from AC vents in my car. I have tried to refresh the interiors by spraying room fresheners etc and haven't driven the car for two days!

I guess I have to wait for the smell to subside on its own before I start driving my car again.

Any pointers?
Wouldn't you want to remove the dead rat, if there is one?

You could start with checking the engine bay and the a/c filter behind the dashboard.
Old 18th March 2014, 01:47   #1048
BHPian

I am coming to this forum after long time. The same forum which has helped me finalize and buy my Honda City EMT in 2009, so good 5 years now. I have following queries -
1. Headlight - i had bought Philips diamond vision H4 bullbs more than 4 years back, and one of them has conked. I was looking to replace both the bulbs. Somehow, i feel the bulbs had not much coverage, though there used to be cool blue light. I think headlights of my Alto 800 have better brightness and coverage. So, can the gurus suggest best option for H4 bulbs - 60/55W. I also need to be sure that they fit the ratings approved by Honda.

2. I recently bought Pioneer 2690BT with Appradio online from snapdeal. This will replace my kenwood 1-din audio system. how complicated the fitting will be and any suggested dealers who can do this job in gurgaon. I will also fit USB and HDMI cable to use with my Mobile. Lets see how it works out.

3. I had fitted Sony component speakers in rear of my car-based on dealer commendation. I was thinking of moving the same to front of my car and install Infiniti PR6502 in back doors of the car. Will this be recommended configuration. I am getting these speakers for about Rs. 2400.

thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 18:11   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Logging on team-bhp after long time, been very busy in the past two months.

update

Venus has not been driven much because of swelling in my dad's left foot for past one month. I drove it for couple of highway trips this month. She is performing just fine as ever. ODO reading is 2k short of 25k mark and next service. Will update soon with some pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmzbond View Post

3. I had fitted Sony component speakers in rear of my car-based on dealer commendation. I was thinking of moving the same to front of my car and install Infiniti PR6502 in back doors of the car. Will this be recommended configuration. I am getting these speakers for about Rs. 2400.

thanks
Doing so will not cause any problem.

Last edited by bluevolt : 28th April 2014 at 18:14.
Old 30th July 2014, 02:46   #1050
Senior - BHPian

25,000 KMs service report.

Got my Venus serviced as usually from Ring Road Honda, Peeragarhi and like last time came dissatisfied with their attitude and service adviser's cunningness.

Day before I gave my car for service, the air conditioner just stopped cooling and I thought there might be a gas leakage so planned to get the car serviced on priority. Also on the day while I was driving to SVC, the petrol level was bit low so I refuelled petrol worth Rs. 500 but the fuel gauge just refuse to show any reading neither the low fuel warning light was going off. The range was also showing 0. I again refilled at another petrol pump and still the same result, earlier I thought the previous petrol pump guy might have cheated while filling the petrol but then I concluded there must be some problem with electricals which caused A/C to stop from cooling last evening but at the time while I was driving to SVC, AC was coling albeit rather slowly.

Reached service center around 10, handed over car by 10.30 and started waiting in customer lounge. Since it was sunday, the showroom was crowded with customers especially to check out the Mobilio. I was not much impressed with it because of its brio-ish front, though rear is futuristic and attractive. Anyhow Mobilio story ends here.

The problem with Ring Road Honda people is that their attitude while selling the car and while servicing the car is totally opposite. The service advisers think that customer is stupid and whatever they do them will be just ignored with a stupid apology at the time of leaving the service center.

I myself can't believe myself that they robbed me off almost Rs.15,000 for 25k service which was overall a normal routine service.

The SA very cleverly listened my AC problem and knowing there must be some problem which will be covered in warranty, he simply included a A/C compressor oil change costing Rs. 2400 and telling me that other work done like gas top up and repair is done free of cost and at 25k it is mandatory to get compressor oil change to retain AC warranty. The fuel gauge issue was also handled in an oversmart way. He told me that the fuel measuring ball has stuck in the fuel tank and to get it back to place he will fill petrol from showroom's barrel and I will be charged for the fuel, I simply refused him telling that if they want fuel then I will take the car to nearest fuel station and get the tank full and so what later he called up and said the fuel gauge is now functioning properly and there must be some bug in the software. I mean how can they just behave in so unprofessional way.

Leave that all alone, another problem with these guys is that they just don't keep up the delivery time promise. I handed over my car at 10:30, it entered workshop at 2PM, out in cleaning bay at 4:30 and ready by 5PM and then I had to wait for over an hour to get the billing done. I was out of the svc at 6.30. Over one and an half hour just for paying the bill!

Let me try to put the service cost break ups

-> AC cooling not effective - general repair = Rs. 2500

-> All sensor scan = Rs. 2000 (no idea what they did in this)

-> Both break cleaning = Rs. 1100 (can't say if they even removed tyres from my car, forget cleaning brakes)

-> fuel tank cleaning = Rs. 1100 (neither I asked not I am sure if this was job was carried out as well)

-> Gear oil replacement = Rs. 2000

-> HLC pressure test & lubrication = Rs. 700

-> Injector o ring = Rs. 250

-> general repair = Rs. 250

-> throttle body cleaning = Rs. 350

-> fixed service charges = Rs. 1500

-> engine oil = Rs. 1400

-> misc like washer liquid, etc = Rs. 500

some of the above jobs have just gone over my head and I don't understand if they were even required to perform and if they really did those mentioned jobs.

Never paid this much money to get my car serviced. Rs. 15000 for a routine service, well this is something I am not able to digest. I am feeling robbed. My last service bill was Rs. 6000 which included diamond brite surface coating worth Rs. 2000.

I feel like I should write a complaint to showroom though I have posted about this on Honda's fb page.

Heck! I have swear that from next time, I will instruct them only to do job which I tell them to do on my car and no extra abc thing will be done at any cost, be it free!

I was dissatisfied with them last time also but this time they just nailed it even better.
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag3052.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag30601.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag3062.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag3055.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag3063.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag3064.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag3049.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag3051.jpg

Most Viewed