Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2016, 12:18   #1126
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
When was the alignment/balancing done last?
Around 10k KMs back. The car would be due for service in next 3k KMs. Looks like I may need it to get it done before servicing or if it will not cause much problem if alignment is postponed till servicing.
Old 21st August 2016, 15:29   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I noticed yesterday while driving that the car is slightly pushing towards left

Possible alignment issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
If there are no other symptoms, yes, misalignment.
Quote:

After correcting tyre pressure, the condition has improved, but there is still noticeable shift towards the left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Get it done and things would be back on track. When was the alignment/balancing done last?
So I just went to the nearest wheel alignment center and got to found that the left front tyre is damaged (the surface has minor bulge) due to which the car was shifting towards left. Now replaced the tyre with spare tyre which is in good condition and now driving is absolutely normal. It was not a wheel alignment issue.

My car is at around 42,000 KMs mark and I am planning to get all tyres replaced by the time odo hits 45,000 KMs mark (may be 50,000 KMs depending on tyre condition that time).

Next service is also due at 45k KMs mark.

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st August 2016 at 15:51.
Old 21st August 2016, 16:30   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Was going through the various old service bills of my City and thought of calculating the net expenditure that has been done on the car other than petrol and actual car cost.

Servicing cost till date - Rs. 45,000 -

Parts replaced without warranty - Rs. 4500 (Rear LHS Light set and horn set)

Seat covers - 7200

Insurance till date approx amount - Rs. 75000

New Battery - Rs. 2800

Two Tyre replaced - 2150(got rebate as car was less than 1000 kms old) + 3400 = Rs. 5550

Parts replaced under warranty & their cost -

Ac condenser - Rs. 16,000

Front side RHS power window switch unit - Rs. 3500 warranty

Horn replacemnt under warranty 3 times - Rs. 4000

Approx total costs excluding parts replaced under warranty - Rs. 1,40,000

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st August 2016 at 16:31.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 12:31   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Yes. It's part of the global recall for replacing the problematic Takata airbag inflators.

You can check if your car is part of the recall HERE

The inflator replacement in my car was completed during regular servicing without even me asking for it. It's just a 30 minutes job.
I called the dealership and confirmed the same. I wasn't even aware of this until I read your comment. A BIG THANK YOU for that

The dealership said that they have done it for my car (2009 SMT) in July this year when it was due for servicing. I was surprised that they didn't tell me about it then. But it is better for the owners to get it double checked from the Service Center as we cannot play around with Airbags.

A Thank You to Honda, for they bothered to do it for our 6-7 year old cars.
aghate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 23:07   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghate View Post
The dealership said that they have done it for my car (2009 SMT) in July this year when it was due for servicing.
And I am awaiting since two months for a call from Honda regarding the replacement of the part. No communication yet.

Looks like I need to raise this concern when I give my car for 45k service which will be due in coming months.
Old 30th August 2016, 07:21   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
And I am awaiting since two months for a call from Honda regarding the replacement of the part. No communication yet.

Looks like I need to raise this concern when I give my car for 45k service which will be due in coming months.
I checked with the dealership in Faridabad and as per them parts are expected around mid Septemeber in Delhi-NCR.
They had called me up for the service reminder, only to be asked about part replacement, as i want to get both things done in one visit.
zoom_vroom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 21:53   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Is it advisable to keep continuing with dealer's insurance (Honda Assure scheme) or switch to any online policy?

It appears that the dealer is charging a bit more in terms of the premium that I may get using online options.

Venus will complete six years next month on 28th October.
Old 24th September 2016, 09:43   #1133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it advisable to keep continuing with dealer's insurance (Honda Assure scheme) or switch to any online policy?
We moved away from Honda Assure on the second/third year if I recall. Online quotes will definitely be much cheaper, and just as good.

On the 7th year, we still have 0-dep on the City with Tata AIG.
Old 24th September 2016, 11:22   #1134
BHPian

My experience with Honda Assure was excellent in my 5 year ownership of the City. While the cost may be higher by 10-15%, the overall ease in case of a claim will far outweigh the cost difference. I am currently using Future Generali for my other car (i10). Their response, service time are pathetic. They don't seem to bother about sending the policy document itself!
Old 29th October 2016, 23:10   #1135
Senior - BHPian

A small update -

Venus turned 6 yesterday!

Can't imagine how these 6 years passed so fast. It appears as if we took the delivery of the car just few days back. Such a timeless design that ages well. It still looks modern and beautiful enough.

Venus is hardly 1500 Kms away before it reaches 45000 KMs milestone. Service will also be due by then. I will get all the tyres replaced most probably during 45K Service or at the max at 50k KMs depending on tyre conditions, though they still looks good enough for another 8-10k KMs.

Venus gets waxing twice a year i.e. in June and December. It still shines like new, the gloss is prevalent.

No plans of upgrading or replacing Venus as of now. I am waiting for the next gen City to hit Indian shores till 2018. By then Venus would have completed 8 years and then we will plan a replacement. Right now I am keeping a watch on next gen City and next gen Duster.

Here's a pic of, I clicked yesterday on her Birthday. Venus Celebrating Diwali.

Happy Diwali to all Team-BHPians

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img20161029wa0053.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 13:15   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Found these rusting marks on the lower side of both passenger and driver doors. Quite surprising to see rusting issue with City considering its age which has not even crossed 5 years mark yet.
Quote:
Venus turned 6 yesterday! Such a timeless design that ages well. It still looks modern and beautiful enough.

Venus is hardly 1500 Kms away before it reaches 45000 KMs milestone. Service will also be due by then. I will get all the tyres replaced most probably during 45K Service or at the max at 50k KMs depending on tyre conditions, though they still looks good enough for another 8-10k KMs.
Hi bluevolt.

Happy 6th Birthday to Venus . I own a September 2010 V-MT in Bold Beige Metallic, and my baby celebrated her 6th this September as well . I can't believe my car turned six. It still drives as nicely as it did the day I got it!

The only major issue I have faced is rust. I had rust on 3 of my doors (driver door was intact), and body shop also found very minor rust on my one of my fenders as well as the rocker panels. I found this quite surprising as my Altis was delivered a week before my City (same age + usage patterns) and does not have a spec of rust anywhere! I remember my 2003 Honda City Gxi also having rust issues later in it's life (sold it after 7 years of ownership).

Anyway, I got the full body paint + repair done (excluding bonnet, roof & boot), a couple of weeks ago. Now my car looks like it just rolled out of the showroom. While getting the car fixed, I decided to get new tyres (ODO at 50,600-ish) as the stock set would barely last for another 1,000 kms or so.

Feeling pretty happy now that there are no further pending jobs to think about for the moment. I don't need to sell my car any time soon, but will check if the rust re-appears again. If it does, then will probably sell after a year or when the new City is introduced. Whenever I do sell, I am sure to feel miserable as this generation of the City was by far the best City to drive, IMHO.

Wish you many more happy miles!
Old 6th November 2016, 09:06   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post

Anyway, I got the full body paint + repair done (excluding bonnet, roof & boot), a couple of weeks ago. Now my car looks like it just rolled out of the showroom. While getting the car fixed, I decided to get new tyres (ODO at 50,600-ish) as the stock set would barely last for another 1,000 kms or so.

Feeling pretty happy now that there are no further pending jobs to think about for the moment. I don't need to sell my car any time soon, but will check if the rust re-appears again. If it does, then will probably sell after a year or when the new City is introduced. Whenever I do sell, I am sure to feel miserable as this generation of the City was by far the best City to drive, IMHO.

Wish you many more happy miles!
With regards to the paint job, did you do it at the Honda A. S. S. or at an independent garage?

My car had a dented door because of some idiot in a car park opening the neighboring car's door carelessly and denting my car door. When I gave it to the Honda A. S. S. to repaint the door, it turned out to be of a visibly different shade! My City is also a bold beige VMT, a 2011 one, and at 93k kms. No rusting issues though, touchwood.
Old 7th November 2016, 11:55   #1138
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Bluevolt! Your car has turned 6 in style . This thread is the 6th most read active ownership report on Team-BHP.

Talk about celebrating a birthday in style .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 13:21   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux View Post
With regards to the paint job, did you do it at the Honda A. S. S. or at an independent garage?
When I gave it to the Honda A. S. S. to repaint the door, it turned out to be of a visibly different shade!
I got my car painted at an independent garage. I know the people at the garage's body-shop and they have a good set-up too. The job done was perfect and I had no complaints.

As for the mis-matched paint on your car, pull up the service center on this. They should rectify it at no cost to you. Something like this had happened on my Altis back in 2011, and was re-done by the Toyota guys without any further charges or questions.

(Let's not hijack bluevolt's thread by going )
Old 7th November 2016, 13:29   #1140
BHPian

Congratulations on funtastic 6 years!

regarding the rust, I have experienced that in my City as well. Primary reason was leakage in rainy season.

I got the boot painted from a local workshop. Below are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag2490.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag2568.jpg  

aghate is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed