Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2011, 07:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Today I observed that the washer fluid has finished up as the wipers were running dry when I used the spray lever.

So what should I do now? In my WagonR I use Colin and water in ratio of 50:50, Should i use similar mixture in this car also? One of my friends who also own ANHC uses mixture of shampoo water in his car for this purpose.

PS - The car completed 3000 KMs today and MID is showing Average of 14.5 KMPL.
You can continue to use your Colin water mix . There is no hard and fast rule, the thumb rule being that use a liquid which would serve to clean the dust as well as the minute deposits of Oil and grease that floats around - make sure that whatever you use does not leave a deposit ( detergent soap water mix is a strict no-no because of this as it has potential to leave hard deposits)
Old 3rd April 2011, 13:23   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
You can continue to use your Colin water mix . There is no hard and fast rule, the thumb rule being that use a liquid which would serve to clean the dust as well as the minute deposits of Oil and grease that floats around - make sure that whatever you use does not leave a deposit ( detergent soap water mix is a strict no-no because of this as it has potential to leave hard deposits)
Thanks for the advice saurav.

I filled colin-water mix (50:50 ratio) in the washer reservoir and the mix is cleaning the windscreen very well.
Old 10th April 2011, 22:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

"There are times when 'PEFORMANCE' matters
There are times when 'CITY' matters"

Adding Few pictures which I managed to click recently.

Car has completed 3500 KMs and RTMI is showing 14.8 KMPL mileage. The car is making me happy with each passing day, second service is due for long time and I am waiting for 5000 KM mark to get it done.

I am looking forward to get new seat covers for my car after second service and my budget is 10K (maximum). Please suggest me which one should I go for? (Leather/fabric and which color?).

@MODS, Please change the title of the thread to "Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report with Loads of Photos", Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03269-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03271-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03267-fileminimizerll.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03264-fileminimizer-2.jpg  

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th April 2011 at 22:21.
Old 11th April 2011, 20:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

Today my dad noticed that the engine bay of the car was quite hot after driving the car for around 10-15 KMs (noticed while refueling), but the high temperature light never came up while driving. He checked engine oil level and it is OK, Radiator fans were operating normally.

Is this normal for the engine to heat a little more than usual as it is 3300 KM old with factory filled engine oil?

PS - The AC was ON while driving.
Old 11th April 2011, 23:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
@bluevolt: Those are fantastic pics.
I just wish you would done a good job masking your number plates, the masking is spoiling the pics :-(
Thanks RemingtonSteele, I am glad you like those pics. I will take care of the number plate from next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Check your tyre pressure. If they are over inflated then they tend to bouncy or vibrativeat high speeds.
+1, Overinflated tyre will make the ride uncomfortable and bumpy. Correct tyre pressure is very important for ride quality and stability.
Old 13th April 2011, 15:10   #66
Senior - BHPian

I was referring the manual yesterday, the manual states that the AC system should be kept in fresh air mode for most of the time. But we do the reverse i.e. keep the AC in recirculation. Maruti WagonR manual suggests that AC should be kept in recirculation mode for most of the time.
I think setting the recirculation mode is the correct method otherwise it will be difficult for AC to cool outside hot air and may damage the system. Which method is correct? Attaching ANHC’s manual (Ist Image)

Check out the second Image, the diagram shows that the Air ducts are also somewhere in rear, but we never noticed air coming from rear. Do we really have air ducts at rear (hidden maybe) or it is available in international models?
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03363-fileminimizer.jpg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc03361-fileminimizer.jpg  

Old 14th April 2011, 22:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check out the second Image, the diagram shows that the Air ducts are also somewhere in rear, but we never noticed air coming from rear. Do we really have air ducts at rear (hidden maybe) or it is available in international models?
I called Ring Road Honda's service manager and asked him about the above mentioned doubt which I am having. He told me that there are air ducts under the front seats and you will feel air flow when blower is on high speed. I cross checked this with Honda One2One helpline number and they also told me the same thing.

PS – Now this is a good feature available in this car and I was not aware of this.
Old 14th April 2011, 23:01   #68
BHPian

Some months back I tried to find these air ducts but couldn't find. May be I wasn't keen enough to trace them out.
Good to know they actually exist.
Old 15th April 2011, 14:27   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidousha View Post
Did you notice the VTEC kicking in during the transition speed of around 4000 RPM?
Have you ever had the experience the ABS kicking in at high speeds.
Any user experience of the above would be helpful.
The i-VTEC kicks in around 4000-4200 RPM and one feels some surge of power after which you don't want to decelerate, the exhaust note also becomes sportier. I haven't noticed anything related to ABS, actually never needed to brake the car hard. But in general, brakes are very good and responsive.

PS - Today we got the best fuel efficiency of 16.7 KMPL (MID Reading) with AC ON driving with light foot (as Dad was driving) on Noida expressway.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:05   #70

Congratulations on the car. I've always loved the looks and styling of the Honda City. Just curious, did you consider the AT version of the Honda City and if so how did you find it.
Cheers
Old 15th April 2011, 19:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.sundaram View Post
Congratulations on the car. I've always loved the looks and styling of the Honda City. Just curious, did you consider the AT version of the Honda City and if so how did you find it.
Cheers
Thanks for the wishes sundaram,

My father and elder brother insisted on automatic version but I always prefer manual transmission because it is more fun to drive than AT. They did its TD and found it very good, paddle shifters were fun to use but due to my insistence we finally went for the manual version. I didn't TD AT so can’t throw direct comparison between MT and AT.

PS - Are you considering ANHC AT for yourself?

Last edited by bluevolt : 15th April 2011 at 19:57.
Old 20th April 2011, 19:21   #72
Senior - BHPian

@ ANHC Owners, What are your views on car's key less entry system. There is no beep sound while locking/unlocking and no siren if there is an impact or one of the doors is not shut properly. Can anything be done regarding this?

Last edited by bluevolt : 20th April 2011 at 19:25.
Old 21st April 2011, 10:02   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats on the City! And an awesome color! My fav on the car, suits it very well!!
Am sure like the other regular city customers you'll be pretty happy with it. Super good package it is, truly an all-rounder!

Please pardon me for mentioning this on your thread!
I don't like the center-facia in the City at all! They should be doing/offering better for a 10Lakh car! The AC controls for one, look specially terrible. Changing these 'knobs' to the full disc type with chrome inserts on the edges would for sure make them a lot more pleasing! Just my 2 cents!
Totally agree with you! The central fascia is a sore point!
Old 21st April 2011, 12:52   #74
BHPian

I am surprised that the ANHC has remained a niche car in her segment, despite being an Old ANHC now. The Vento looks like a wanna be ANHC but has not reallly excited the owners so much as the ANHC. The drive pleasure of the ANHC is sublime in the City and HW. I get around 13.7 kmpl in the city rides.

Having done 11000 kms I feel quite addicted to the car.

What worries me is the stolen "H" on the rear of my car !

Keep updating your thread. It is indeed worth reading.
Old 21st April 2011, 15:48   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkap01 View Post
Totally agree with you! The central fascia is a sore point!
Many people don't like interiors and especially central console of ANHC but I too have seen people liking its central console. But the problem is that it is a bit flashy which may not suit everyone’s taste. The AC knobs could have been a little better designed. But who cares unless the AC is chilling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
I am surprised that the ANHC has remained a niche car in her segment, despite being an Old ANHC now. The Vento looks like a wanna be ANHC but has not reallly excited the owners so much as the ANHC. The drive pleasure of the ANHC is sublime in the City and HW. I get around 13.7 kmpl in the city rides.
+1 nanduchitnis. Its two and a half year since ANHC launch and it is still a head-turner. Only downside for this car is the lack of diesel option and for some people it’s the pricing. VW Vento has the edge of diesel engine and that's why the car was top on sales recently. I wish Honda could bring good diesel engine for its all range of cars. But I would like to say that one has to drive a Honda car to realize the difference with others.

Quote:
What worries me is the stolen "H" on the rear of my car !
This is a new type of theft which we are hearing across the country. And take care of that little antenna, tight it securely as it is also theft prone. The antenna costs 1200 INR.

Quote:
Keep updating your thread. It is indeed worth reading.
Thanks, I always like to keep the thread updated regularly.

Quote:
@ ANHC Owners, What are your views on car's key less entry system. There is no beep sound while locking/unlocking and no siren if there is an impact or one of the doors is not shut properly. Can anything be done regarding this?
Someone please help on this.

PS - Lots of pictures coming soon...!

Most Viewed