Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2020, 14:50   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Finally a modern hatch: Hyundai i10 Sportz AT

Not bad samurai!

My car's now 11 years old and just done 37000~ kms and still going strong.

It's a perfect city runaround. I'll keep here till more many more years considering how she is holding up.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:02   #272

Could you please share the workshop/service centre details where the detailing/service was done. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The i10 was in Udupi since June, and during that extremely wet monsoon it developed mold all over the seats and surfaces. So I decided to get it shampoo washed before I take it back to Bangalore. The guy whom I engaged turned out to be a detailer, with 16 years experience in UAE detailing all kinds of super cars and luxury cars. So he did a fantastic cleaning job for ₹1500. He also serviced the car, and I added Liqui Moly before I took off for Bangalore.]
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:19   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpbs11 View Post
Could you please share the workshop/service centre details where the detailing/service was done. Thanks.
Yeah, here you go. I have his brochure.

Finally a modern hatch: Hyundai i10 Sportz AT-whatsapp-image-20201109-6.14.36-pm.jpg
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 11:07   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
So he did a fantastic cleaning job for ₹1500. He also serviced the car
Last year December, I got the shampoo cleaning + oil change + service for mere 4K.

Today I gave the i10 for full service with regular cleaning at Trigent Hyundai in Kalyan Nagar. The expected bill... 15K. My last full service bill for Grand Vitara (148k kms) without oil change was ₹2680.

As expected they added all the engine decarbonization, etc. At first I thought of removing some of the extra stuff. Then I felt guilty that I hadn't spent much on the car since the pandemic started. In fact, it stayed unused for 3-4 months in both 2020 and 2021. But never gave any problem. When the SA asked if I had any problem with the car, I couldn't think of any.

So out of guilt I didn't change a thing.
Old 7th September 2022, 12:06   #275

Thanks a lot @samurai for your post regarding the software update for knocking issue, way back in 2012. I just got a 2011 i10 sportz auto for running dad's errands and to use as the family's beater. the knocking in inclines and jerking when shifting to R and D was present in the car when we bought it a few months ago.

Got the Software update done from HMP Hyundai (Alandur, Chennai). Kudos to those guys for digging up the software which was handed out ten years ago and updating my car. Even the software is titled as "Knocking improvement".

the difference is quite noticeable. And the car has transformed. The jerk when shifting to D and R has been considerably reduced, the shifts are a lot smoother (can barely notice), and the knocking has been 100% solved. Attaching a picture of WIP for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally a modern hatch: Hyundai i10 Sportz AT-whatsapp-image-20220906-2.36.22-pm.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks