Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2011, 13:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Finally a modern hatch: Hyundai i10 Sportz AT

Congrats on the latest acquisition

I really find the new i10 to be much better in form / design than the earlier one. And nice choice for the alloys as well.

Do the lips of the alloys come in various colours. I am thinking of this design for my Beat, with a green lip if it is available.
Old 11th February 2011, 14:37   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Do the lips of the alloys come in various colours. I am thinking of this design for my Beat, with a green lip if it is available.
This alloy brand is called Luxotik, I have only seen red lips...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Would love to hear more on the torquey nature of the engine and how does it fares in comparison to the earlier kappa in terms of the refinement and response.
I am not going to try testing that until first service is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Bridgestone Turanza ER-60 175/70R13 - Would you recommend this tyre (for the price) for the Santro AT also incase one is planning on a replacement, or would that be an overkill ?
That would be wrong size. The ideal upsize for Santro is 165/65R13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
You and I have similar styles in driving ATs. With our kind of driving style, good FE figures are ineveitable. Who says ATs arent fuel efficient?
AT has to be driven with a light foot, eventually everybody figures it out by experience.
Old 11th February 2011, 14:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Thanks guys.

It only vibrates at low frequency sound, can't be loose screws. Besides, the door wasn't opened for anything.
Congratulations for that beauty!
Excellent Alloys, Awesome Photography and a fantastic review. The travelogue was great too!
(I can only imagine how beautiful those places would look if it were raining)

Sometime take your beauty through the Karkala-Kudremukh route too. You would get great pcitures there!

Also, the door vibration part, it happens in my i10 too(which is more than 2 year old). When the Bass component is prominent, the doors start vibrating. Am a layman in this thing, but do we require some damping material for the door speakers or something??

Regarding the dealer, Kanchana Hyundai is good! Dad got his i20 from Kanchana Hyundai and he lives in Karkala.

Last edited by iPai : 11th February 2011 at 14:41. Reason: Dealer comment
Old 11th February 2011, 14:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:

No, I ordered it as part of accessories, costs some 3K.
Guess they have the stock in place now. They didnt have it as an accessory when i got my i10 (Dec 2010). Will get fitted during my next service

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 11th February 2011 at 14:49.
Old 11th February 2011, 14:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Great to see you have got the i10 AT. I am a big fan of i10 myself, will most probably replace my ageing WR with it.

BTW, how do you find the ride quality, specially at the rear. I have found previous gen i10s to be very bouncy at the rear - much more than even my 7 year old WR. Are there any improvements in this regard in the current version?
Old 11th February 2011, 14:58   #21
BANNED

I have only one quibble with the Hyundai (Santro/i10/...) AT. It is high time we saw a proper 4-speed rather than a 3+1 unit. In a 4-speed you will have reverse braking when selecting 1, 2, or 3 as against only on 1& 2 at present. Can be a life saver on hill descents, and also winding roads.
Old 11th February 2011, 15:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

@ Samurai: Have you looked at possibility of blackening B pillar & other area surrounding windows. As black visors have been used on windows, blackening might enhance looks.

Photos: Nice wide angles. Noise seems to be more in last photo in 1st post, which camera was that?
Old 11th February 2011, 15:23   #23
BHPian

Congrats on the buy Samurai. Brilliant choice of colour and alloys. It really looks stunning. Wish you and your better half have a hassle free ride in it.

Would you mind sharing the OTR price details, offers/discounts??

Last edited by BulZire : 11th February 2011 at 15:28.
Old 11th February 2011, 15:27   #24
BHPian

Congrats, Samurai on the I10.Looks great in blushing red.Alloys are super cool.Great review.
A clever and logical upgrade from santro. Drive her safe.
Cheers
Sreehari
Old 11th February 2011, 15:51   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
BTW, how do you find the ride quality, specially at the rear. I have found previous gen i10s to be very bouncy at the rear - much more than even my 7 year old WR. Are there any improvements in this regard in the current version?
I haven't tried the rear seat yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have only one quibble with the Hyundai (Santro/i10/...) AT. It is high time we saw a proper 4-speed rather than a 3+1 unit. In a 4-speed you will have reverse braking when selecting 1, 2, or 3 as against only on 1& 2 at present. Can be a life saver on hill descents, and also winding roads.
Hmm, both Santro AT and i10 AT have Overdrive which is always on. Therefore, it is a 4 speed AT unless you manually turn off O/D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
@ Samurai: Have you looked at possibility of blackening B pillar & other area surrounding windows. As black visors have been used on windows, blackening might enhance looks.
Hmm, no thoughts on that right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Photos: Nice wide angles. Noise seems to be more in last photo in 1st post, which camera was that?
That last shot was taken handheld, after sunset, at ISO800, so noise is inevitable. The camera is Olympus E-PL1 with 9-18mm lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Would you mind sharing the OTR price details, offers/discounts??
Cost of Car 5,13,217
Insurance, Road Tax, Registration 1,01,490
Alloy wheel 12,750
Tyres(Extra) 6,200
Accessories.(After discount of Rs.7000) 7,556
Total 6,41,213
Old 11th February 2011, 16:04   #26
BHPian

Congratulations Samurai! You've acquired one real beauty - IMO i10 looks the best in the color of your choice. The front looks awesome - great fog lamp design.

It looks like i10 AT has been a big hit, going by the number of them I'm seeing these days in Bengaluru. The AT fever is gradually catching up in India. Way to go!
Old 11th February 2011, 16:12   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Sometime take your beauty through the Karkala-Kudremukh route too. You would get great pcitures there!
Do you mean the route that goes through Kalasa and Kudremukh towns? I have been through that, it is beautiful, but very slow route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Also, the door vibration part, it happens in my i10 too(which is more than 2 year old). When the Bass component is prominent, the doors start vibrating. Am a layman in this thing, but do we require some damping material for the door speakers or something??

Regarding the dealer, Kanchana Hyundai is good! Dad got his i20 from Kanchana Hyundai and he lives in Karkala.
Let's hope one of the ICE gurus can answer that.
Old 11th February 2011, 18:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Are the mudflaps factory fitted? Mine are the the scoop type w/t the i-10 lettering and smaller too.

Quote:
Upgrading to 14 inch wheels was out of question since I didn’t want to lose 1 inch worth of sidewall.
That would be 1/2 inch of sidewall. (inch on the dia and .5 on the radius)

Last edited by Mpower : 11th February 2011 at 18:54.
Old 11th February 2011, 19:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Good color choice. And excellent pics. I have seen hoardes of i10s in the same colour here in Gurgaon but the way those accessories have enhanced the look of your car is just great. Cheers!!!
Old 11th February 2011, 19:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Total 6,41,213
Sorry if this dampens the spirits but Bangy is really costly. Whenever I think of buying a new car here I can't help thinking that it will cost almost lakh less if I buy it back home (Gurgaon), which is where it will be ultimately driven.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks