Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2012, 21:10   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally a modern hatch: Hyundai i10 Sportz AT

Gents, does the i-10 Asta have a cabin air filter (pollen?). If so whats the cleaning interval. Apologies if its been already discussed.
Old 7th February 2012, 18:35   #212
BHPian

Hi - i10 Asta doesnt come with a Pollen Filter; mine is a 2011 model and doesn't have one. I guess it started coming with the new Verna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Gents, does the i-10 Asta have a cabin air filter (pollen?). If so whats the cleaning interval. Apologies if its been already discussed.
Old 7th February 2012, 20:41   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Dunno about the I10 , but I20 comes with it. Its situated in the passenger foot well.

Check your user manual if its mentioned over there or not
Old 11th February 2012, 22:57   #214
BHPian

Quick update guys.

Got my ECM updated from HMP Mumbai today. I emailed Hyundai help line and then got a call from Modi Hyundai who told me they would need to send the ECM to Chennai. I then called up the helpline who directed me to HMP.

The procedure hardly took 5 min. Done through the OBD2 port. Also finished my second servicing (3.2K, 6 months) ~ Rs.1000 for engine oil change + filter. Also put in 3M underbody coating for Rs. 2.8K (5 yr warranty). The job was well done.

The rattling noise is completely gone. I feel the gear changes have become smoother too. However, with the A/C switched on, the engine revs at a slightly higher idle RPM. Apparently, this is a fix for the engine to work with lower octane.

All in all, a nice A.S.S. experience. Just wish Hyundai had been proactive about this instead of leaving it to owners to discover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Hi Deepak,

Please check your inbox - Modi Hyundai is not aware how to flash the ECU, this can be done at any dealership. Re-escalate to Hyundai helpline and I'm sure you'll get results just like Convivial has. (who was incidentally also told the same story initially )
Old 11th February 2012, 23:14   #215
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Just noticed that my two year old i10MT 1.2 kappa, clocked a little over 7000 kms, running on stock tyres has become extremely bumpy on uneven roads.

I maintain 33psi -nitrogen on all for wheels and the pressure was verified today also.

A slight drop in pick up is also noticed on releasing the clutch without any acceleration in the 2nd gear.

The last thing which is quite funny is that the car handles and performs differently each time i take it out for a spin.

This is not my primary ride and hence it clocks less than 300kms per month.

Can anybody help me out with the possible reasons for such behaviour?
Old 17th February 2012, 20:32   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I maintain 33psi -nitrogen on all for wheels and the pressure was verified today also.
You might want to try 30psi and check.

Quote:
This is not my primary ride and hence it clocks less than 300kms per month.
Can anybody help me out with the possible reasons for such behaviour?
When was alignment and balancing last done? You might want to get that done at a reputed place first and check again.

Incidentally, saw this for the first time on ebay - 3D Kagu mats for i10.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/160716234454?...#ht_2115wt_905

Any users here?
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 22:53   #217
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the tip off! I have never aligned my wheels in the last 2 years ever since buying the car. Never felt the necessity so far as the car has clocked less than 8K as on date and there was absolutely no problem with the handling.

Could it be a reason for the issues reported in my earlier post? Further what is the ideal frequency at which this alignment and balancing should be carried out. The ASC and service manual don't help with any guidelines on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
.... Any users here?
Hope you have gone thru' the dedicated thread on 3D mats here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...kagu-mats.html

I personally suggest you to take your car to the nearest accessory store and try it out before buying. Even a slight variation (which is very remote, unless you are duped with a fake product) could pose serious risk of the mats interfering with the ABC controls in the foot well.
Old 18th February 2012, 09:51   #218
BHPian

Hi Samurai!
Congratulations on your i10!
I recently bought an i10 for home us about 2 months ago. I have already clocked about 2200km on the ODO.
Just wanted to know if you are experiencing any rattling from the doors?
I started to hear a creaking noise when i had reached just 280km on the ODO from the rear right door.
Otherwise it is a very good car, especially for city driving, thanks to the peppy 1.2lt engine! The gearshift and steering responsive is amazing and is fun to steer along slow cars!
The built ICE is pretty good for such a small hatch like this, and give serious bass and treble for a few moments!
PS- The new alloys are just perfect for the Garnet Red color of your body! The visors, however dont really look all that appealing on the car!
Old 19th February 2012, 12:01   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
That's high! Even my GV is maintained between 30-32psi, never more. For the i10 (or the Santro before) I always keep 29-30psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContiMental View Post
Hi Samurai!
Congratulations on your i10!
I recently bought an i10 for home us about 2 months ago. I have already clocked about 2200km on the ODO.
You reminded me that my i10 completed 1 year this month. Still inching towards 6000kms.

Quote:
Nope. No such thing.

Quote:
The built ICE is pretty good for such a small hatch like this, and give serious bass and treble for a few moments!
I feel it can't handle bass well. When I play any music heavy on bass, the doors vibrate badly.

Quote:
PS- The new alloys are just perfect for the Garnet Red color of your body! The visors, however dont really look all that appealing on the car!
Thanks, alloys were my choice, the visors weren't. Wife wanted the visors to deal with heavy rains that are common to our area. But they also increase the A-pillar blind spot.
Old 20th February 2012, 14:44   #220
BHPian

Quote:
I started to hear a creaking noise when i had reached just 280km on the ODO from the rear right door
I faced this as well from my rear right door - its a door alignment problem and Hyundai ASC bodyshop fixed it FOC in my case. Of course the sound of the hammer beating down on a new car is pretty akin to heartbreak !
Old 4th March 2012, 10:36   #221
BHPian

guys, a quick update on the FE.

Driving conditions: Exclusively city - bumper to bumper peak traffic (14Km distance one way takes 1 hr to 1 hr 20 min), AC on all the time.

Current Mileage/Time : 3300Km/7 months

Before 2nd service: 8-9 KMPL
After 2nd service (along with ECU remap for solving the lugging noise issue/new engine oil): 11.5-12.5 KMPL!

The difference is astounding!
Old 5th March 2012, 15:43   #222

can any one say how these AT geaar boxes work
Old 8th May 2012, 13:45   #223
Senior - BHPian

Very detailed report about the AT transmission issue. The video really helped.

After going thru the 15 pages of this thread, I learnt the following.
1. There is a component called TCM in AT cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That is the recommendation. Where does it say you lose the free service if you exceed 6 months?So I don't see why the customer should lose the complimentary free labour for the first 3 services on account of delay. If the delay caused any problems, they are going to charge parts+labour for the damage anyway.

Free service just means labour is free for the service.
2. We can get free service slip to work even after the stipulated period is over with some smart logic.
3. You like mutton.Goats dont touch the car they go around it, only humans do such silly things. Just kidding

It's been almost 1 year now after the ECM has been replaced, how is the car doing ?
I presume the car has settled to a FE around 10 - 11Kmpl.

Did you also get the software upgrade for the ECM or did the new ECM already have the upgrade ?

Last edited by F150 : 8th May 2012 at 13:47.
Old 17th June 2012, 19:54   #224
BHPian

Hyundai Chennai Factory Fix to UK owners of i10 AT

There is a known issue with all I10 AT 1.2 VTVT - resonant boom at 3100-3400 RPM, mostly at 3250 RPM. The few times I've sustained this RPM, I noticed a 'buzz' too.

A UK owner took this up and the Chennai factory came up with a fix: a new offside drive shaft with a rubber sleeve/damper being securely attached with strong stainless bands

Do go through this link and the next few posts - some pics have been posted as well.

i10 1.2 Automatic - Strange Noise - Page 3 - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

I wonder if Hyundai issued a TSB and we can ask for a replacement.
Old 18th June 2012, 20:01   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
It's been almost 1 year now after the ECM has been replaced, how is the car doing ?
I presume the car has settled to a FE around 10 - 11Kmpl.
The car is doing fine. But the FE is around 8-9kmpl since the commute is only 2kms each way, hardly any time for engine to warm up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Did you also get the software upgrade for the ECM or did the new ECM already have the upgrade ?
Is there an upgrade since May 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
I wonder if Hyundai issued a TSB and we can ask for a replacement.
Who can answer this question?

Meanwhile, my i10 just crossed 7000km this week, after 16 months of use.

Most Viewed