Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 11:40   #76
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno @ 58000 Kms. EDIT: Now Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I strongly recommend you take the car to a tinker/denter. They should remove the dent and re-paint, if needed, for half that price.
Even as regards the rattles, I doubt it's the rubbers. My Baleno had no rattles whatsoever even at 65 k kms. The door linings should easily last the life of the car, or ten years at least. Take it to an outside garage who will take time to trace the source of the rattles.
totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Just came back from a 500Kms trip from Tirupati yesterday. The car felt good as ever on highway but now looks like need to go to Carnation for some door repairs. I guess due to age the rubber linings around glass and on the door edges has gone brittle hence over bad patches it rattles looks like these need to be replaced. Yet to show it to a SA.

Also will give it for denting/painting to fix the last dent, SA said it will cost approx 5K for denting painting.
?
1.) Worn out suspension will trigger rattles. Changing rubber bushes(9) will do the trick.

2.) Check the A-Pillar padding & check for loose components like a fallen screw after removing the door panels.

3.) You can go one step ahead and go for wurth sound proofing treatment which will remove rattles.

4.) Door Linings are very expensive and take time for the parts to arrive. Last time when I enquired it was around 3-4k. My door linings on 60k run baleno is fresh that too when subjected to Chennai heat. There is a 3M lubrication spray which can be used on the door linings, when you do your next service just tell them to spray it across all the 4 doors.

=======================================

How is your suspension holding up? Do you have vibrations from the engine creeping into the cabin at idle?
Old 15th October 2011, 11:49   #77
Senior - BHPian

After exactly six years of ownership (and 60K Kms), finally the battery felt weak this week. Was on a night drive to get some groceries and post rains and consistent use of Defogger and headlamps once the battery refused to start, and i instantly knew the time has eventually come to replace the battery.

Today went and replaced the older Amaron with a newer one, (a green one) will post the cost details later today. Also gave the car for general service and checking of the door rattling. As per SA this will not need any door lining replacement so as recommended above linings will last much more as per the SA. By evening the car would be ready, as usual i am expecting trouble free service from Carnation.

My regular SA mentioned me that he has resigned from Carnation and is now opening his own business. Next time i will think twice before visiting Carnation as it was mostly this SA that i was confident about. Now he not being there the confidence level on others is not so high.
Old 16th October 2011, 05:13   #78
Senior - BHPian

Total Damage

3M Interior Cleaning - 1084
Rear Door Trip - 108
Battery Amaron - 3534

Labour and taxes extra

The car is back to its best, absolutely no rattles, and no noises inside the cabin once the windows are rolled up. Amaron came with 4year warranty card.

What i noticed after putting the new battery is that when you are driving at night with AC or Defogger on and press the window roll up switch in the end when windows are fully rolled up and if you keep the switch pulled up there is slight dimming of headlamps. This i was noticing for last one year and never bothered to see if its a problem. In the new battery this does not happen.

Now i know how to check if the battery is nearing its end.

Yesterday the babe completed 60K Kms in exactly 6 years of ownership (Oct 2005 - Oct 2011)
Old 1st December 2011, 16:05   #79
Senior - BHPian

Today went to Carnation again for some general checkup and engine oil change (as its been six months since the last service). There was small kat-kat sound coming from front and tightening and greasing of some bolts fixed it.

Changed the engine oil/Filter (Again to Synthetic - this time Mobil) in front of me and the engine is sounding smooth again.
Old 14th January 2012, 16:19   #80
Senior - BHPian

After buying a second car i am trying to find a parking within the basement parking of the building (till now have not been successful). Wanted to know if it would be a problem if the car is parked in the open (mostly under the Sun) all the time (Apart from cabin getting hot).

I feel the door beadings, dash and other rubber parts life goes for a toss in Sun, am i right?
Old 15th January 2012, 01:38   #81
Senior - BHPian

If you can afford to keep the windows slightly lowered, then use a reflective curtain up front and small black stick ons on the side windows to keep the direct sun and some amount of heat out. It should not be much of an issue then. you will ahve plastics getting dull and some cracks, not to talk off gas buildup in the cabin if left in the sun for too long.
Old 27th January 2012, 20:40   #82
BHPian

Guys I had an annoying rattling sound from my Baleno for the last one year and the MASS guys were not able to rectify that. Yesterday I tried experimenting on the source of sound and zeroed in on the two rods inside the boot just below the speaker holder base in 'X' position which provides the hinge kind of thing for boot.... The vibration was from the rods when the engine was running. Inserted few rubbery material to provide support for the rods at around 3 positions and now the car is silent as new.... Thought of sharing this info with you guys...
Old 28th January 2012, 14:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

Got the parking problem sorted out, atleast for now for next ~one year it should be fine. Later need to look at more long term solution. Problems of living in an apartment .

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
Inserted few rubbery material to provide support for the rods at around 3 positions and now the car is silent as new
Good, these DIY's sometimes help more then taking the car to A.S.S, as they would usually take a cursory look as there are other customers to be attended to as well. Good that you were able to resolve the problem on your own.
Old 29th January 2012, 22:22   #84
BHPian

Hi guys I have one strange problem. After using the car for say 10 - 20kms, stop the car and then within 5 minutes if I try to start the car the car refuses to crank. Once if we allow it to cool by its own it starts. I have this problem for the last 2 years and the MASS guys are not able to find the issue. Tomorrow also I will be giving the car for service again. Following things were done by MASS till date. Please advice me what to do with this issue. Tried different authorised service centres here in trivandrum.

First time MASS guys replaced the solenoid switch for starter motor. Problem persists. Charged 2000 rs.

Second time they told me the battery was faulty and i replaced the battery even though the battery guys told me that the existing battery is ok. Charged 4500 rs.

Third time MASS guys replaced the armature of starter motor. Charged 4000 rs.
Old 30th January 2012, 09:31   #85
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Check out shuvc's Baleno LTR where he had similar issue and which was due to some sulphur-type accumulation on starter motor - removing which fixes the issue.
I am having a similar issue with my Baleno (not always, but occasionally), but in my case since the battery is 3.5 years old, not confirmed yet whether it is battery-issue or with the starter.

BTW, avoid MASS (after warranty is over) if you have a reliable mechanic.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 10:18   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
Third time MASS guys replaced the armature of starter motor. Charged 4000 rs.
I would also advise to change the repair place, MASS especially are good at doing trial and error and replacing parts that do not need replacement yet.

You could save quiet some amount by moving to another mechanic by not changing parts that do not warrant change yet. I stopped going to BIMAL/PRATHAM 3 years ago and i'm quiet happy with that decision, although hunt for that elusive good Baleno repair shop continues.
Old 30th January 2012, 11:06   #87
Senior - BHPian

Premdiv - do get these checked: Ignition coils / pack & the Lambda / O2 sensor. Also the relay for the fuel pump (but i doubt it is the relay).

supremebaleno - keep checking the battery health (green / white mark on the battery) - if it is white / opaque, get it charged with a battery charging center.
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 22:29   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Premdiv - do get these checked: Ignition coils / pack & the Lambda / O2 sensor. Also the relay for the fuel pump (but i doubt it is the relay).

supremebaleno - keep checking the battery health (green / white mark on the battery) - if it is white / opaque, get it charged with a battery charging center.
Today also they checked everything including battery and confirmed its working. Took around 1 hr to inspect the parts. Started and stopped for atleast 25 times but this issue wont come up when the engine is cold. Finally they modified the wiring of my keyless entry (Nippon used in vxi) which has the auto engine cut off if the engine was started without key. They bypassed that connection alone using an external wire piece. Not sure whether this part is creating problem, but giving it a try as they cannot find the fault with the vehicle.... After that the issue was not reproducible so far....will keep you guys posted on this...
premdiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 22:31   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
^^^ Check out shuvc's Baleno LTR where he had similar issue and which was due to some sulphur-type accumulation on starter motor - removing which fixes the issue.
I am having a similar issue with my Baleno (not always, but occasionally), but in my case since the battery is 3.5 years old, not confirmed yet whether it is battery-issue or with the starter.

BTW, avoid MASS (after warranty is over) if you have a reliable mechanic.
Even in my case the issue is occasional... you also have Nippon keyless entry installed??
Old 31st January 2012, 00:09   #90
Senior - BHPian

^^^Nope, I dont have keyless entry on my car - just the plain stock central locking.

@planet_rocker, Thanks, man. Will check the battery condition. Actually it has been a long-pending toDo item for me to try charging the battery and then see if this issue still happens. Unfortunately I am at Chennai only Mon-Thu and I need the car all 4 days to get to work since I sold my trusted CD100. But plan to try this out soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks