Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 14:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Mid Term Review - Hyundai Accent GLE - 34,000 kms - 4 odd years

Finally, last weekend had a chance to upgrade the tires of the car.

Decided to go for 195/60/14 after checking the tyre-upsize calculator. Thanks to akshay4587 and nfsfreak for your suggestions on the 185/65 R14, it did get me thinking. Since my drive in the city is minimum, reasoned that the wider rubber would give me better confidence on the highway.

Went for the Conti Premium Contact (CPC). CPC2 was not in stock in Bangalore and having waited for 3 weeks, gave up. Got Hyundai Wheel Caps (i20's??) for the 14" rims.

Drove it for about 30 kms in city, with speeds upto 70 kmph.

First impressions are,
- Road noise is lesser.
- Comfort has improved.
- The steering has not weighed up as expected (:() and is still light for my liking.
- Even with the extra rubber, the car is easy to maneuver. The wider tires are only noticeable at parking speeds and not in a very obvious manner.
- Cannot comment on changes in the handling or braking department yet. Should be able to do so after a highway drive.

Last edited by kaushikr : 29th March 2011 at 14:52.
Old 29th March 2011, 14:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

How much did you pay for Conti's?
My accent is also due for a change in like 4-5K kms.
I am currently on 185\65\R14,might give 195 section a thought.
Have you noticed any drop in acceleration\fuel economy?
Old 29th March 2011, 14:54   #18
BHPian

The CPC's cost about 4k / tire. Since the tire shop worked out a deal for the rims + wheel caps + tires, the exact price is a little murky.

There is no noticeable drop in acceleration, no sluggishness on the part of the car as such.

FE., have not calculated since the driving has been minimal. Will do a long run soon and should have a better idea on the both the parameters after that.

Last edited by kaushikr : 29th March 2011 at 14:59.
Old 29th April 2013, 23:31   #19
BHPian

Hi Kaushik,

Hope you and your car are going strong.

Sorry for reviving a 2 year old thread. I had an urgent query on my Hyundai Accent GLE 2008 (has done 63k kms so far). The rear brake lights (both on the left and right and that mounted at rear parcel tray) have stopped working. I suspect it could be a blown fuse. When I asked Hyundai A$$, they say that all three brake lights are controlled by three different fuses. So, they insist that brake light switch (costing 1,200/-) needs to be replaced. Considering their dubious track record (of replacing perfectly working parts), I thought I will check with you / other experts on forum.

Thanks in advance.
Old 30th April 2013, 21:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Try to figure out the corresponding fuse by looking at the diagram inside the fuse box, all the fuses are named as per the related part, this can be sorted out easily. The description should be TAIL-xx and it should be a 10A fuse.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 21:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
Hi Kaushik,

Hope you and your car are going strong.

Sorry for reviving a 2 year old thread. I had an urgent query on my Hyundai Accent GLE 2008 (has done 63k kms so far). The rear brake lights (both on the left and right and that mounted at rear parcel tray) have stopped working. I suspect it could be a blown fuse. When I asked Hyundai A$$, they say that all three brake lights are controlled by three different fuses. So, they insist that brake light switch (costing 1,200/-) needs to be replaced. Considering their dubious track record (of replacing perfectly working parts), I thought I will check with you / other experts on forum.

Thanks in advance.
Accent has been around since quite some time.
Get opinion of a local electrician,you will be able to get it fixed for cheap outside.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 00:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Try to figure out the corresponding fuse by looking at the diagram inside the fuse box, all the fuses are named as per the related part, this can be sorted out easily. The description should be TAIL-xx and it should be a 10A fuse.
with the suggestion. This is the easiest way to figure out if the fuse has blown.

That should also tell you if there are three independent fuses controlling each of the brake lights.

Al the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks