Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 14:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR

My WagonR completed 33,000 KMs today, so thought of updating the thread. My car turned four year old on 4th April. Car is trouble free till date (touch wood). Air conditioner keeps me comfortable but not chilly, though do good job in harsh Delhi/NCR heat. Mileage has improved significantly after changing the petrol pump from where I used to fill earlier. Now even with 100% AC on mileage is well over 13.5 KMPL. I have also increased tyre pressure by one notch i.e. to 34 PSi.

Paint is still glossy, I use Formula one and turtle wax every month. There was little rattling sound while running over potholes and uneven roads. Got it checked by DD motors and they rectified it within 15 mins. The nuts of stereo system were loose and they tightened it.

The noise insulation is poor in Wagonr when compared to Hyundai i10. There is no noise from engine/fan/AC in Hyundai i10 whereas one can easily tell in wagonr whether the radiator fan is on or not. Tyres are still new and can hold well by at least 10,000 KMs. The stock Battery (Exide make) is 4 year and 2 month old and still fires the engine instantly.

Anyhow I am expecting same trouble free experience from the car in future also.

Few pictures of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-26042011_040.jpg  

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-26042011_038.jpg  

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-26042011_037.jpg  

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-26042011_036.jpg  

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-26042011_035.jpg  

Last edited by bluevolt : 31st May 2011 at 14:30.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:11   #17
BHPian

Hi bluevolt.

I too am a proud Wagon R owner and my 2008 LXi has done 63k kms to date..
The Waggie provides hassle free motoring and is more or less a perfect city car, with the legs for occasional highway use. I generally drive rather enthusiastically and still get mileage of around 14kmpl overall(city + highway). Note that the car is driven 70% in the highway and the remaining 30% in bumper to bumper traffic.
I havent had any major expenses till now, except at ehe 60k sevice where the clutch had to be replaced- cost arount 2500INR, inclusive of labour charges.

Happy motoring bluevolt, and wish you many more happy miles to come!!
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 23:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if it would be fair to call it a break down but today my car horn stopped working while driving.

I felt like a handicapped guy without the horn, realized the importance for the first time, it's such an important part of our car.

Without horn one can not imagine to drive in City like Delhi/Haryana.

I took the car to some local garage and he did some setting to make horn in working order but he told that the horn is defective and need to be replaced. I will get that done from Maruti SVC.

Mates, I was curious to know if any preventive maintenance could be done to prevent horn stop functioning mid way? Is the horn has any specific functional lifetime?

PS - My WagonR is 4 year old.
Old 25th August 2011, 07:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Don't know if it would be fair to call it a break down but today my car horn stopped working while driving.

Mates, I was curious to know if any preventive maintenance could be done to prevent horn stop functioning mid way? Is the horn has any specific functional lifetime?

PS - My WagonR is 4 year old.
Hey bluevolt buddy,

Sorry for the late response-I did not know that you had begun another thread on your black baby.She looks great too.Does not look 4 years.

Congrats Mate. You are stylish in a French way-"rouge et noir",right!!

Sorry about the horn. Usual problem-a leaf of the fan must have fallen off.

These horns are generally simple mechanisms and highly reliable. As preventive measures,you may regularly check the armature wingdings, fan and diaphragm if it equipped with one etc. Generally greasing is enough to maintain the fan etc,which is out of scope for you. Also these horns are not designed to be opened as a routine-apart from greasing( pl discuss the scope of this job with the Maruti A.S. depending on the design) hardly any routine preventive maintenance may be carried out.

Hope the horn issue has been sorted out by now and she is in action again.

Last edited by charthom : 25th August 2011 at 07:34.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 22:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Hey bluevolt buddy,

Sorry for the late response-I did not know that you had begun another thread on your black baby.She looks great too.Does not look 4 years.

Congrats Mate. You are stylish in a French way-"rouge et noir",right!!

Sorry about the horn. Usual problem-a leaf of the fan must have fallen off.

These horns are generally simple mechanisms and highly reliable. As preventive measures,you may regularly check the armature wingdings, fan and diaphragm if it equipped with one etc. Generally greasing is enough to maintain the fan etc,which is out of scope for you. Also these horns are not designed to be opened as a routine-apart from greasing( pl discuss the scope of this job with the Maruti A.S. depending on the design) hardly any routine preventive maintenance may be carried out.

Hope the horn issue has been sorted out by now and she is in action again.
Hi charthom,

Thanks for replying. I started this thread long time back but since the car is quite aged and not the latest model in production I don't update it quite often.

The horn was adjusted by mechanic by some screw and it is working fine but it is temporary adjustment and I have to replace it with a new piece. I will do so as soon as possible.

Yesterday my car's front left tyre also got punctured. I think it is showing it's age and requires some preventive maintenance work.

Having a hatchback is a great convenience (I guess you too have an i10 and should know what I mean).

Last edited by bluevolt : 25th August 2011 at 22:36.
Old 26th August 2011, 21:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday my car's front left tyre also got punctured. I think it is showing it's age and requires some preventive maintenance work.
Looks like-yes. Anyone ages-WagonR or ANHC-sigh

Quote:
Having a hatchback is a great convenience (I guess you too have an i10 and should know what I mean).
Of course- after buying the City I appreciate the convenient i10 more.I had even advertised in T-BHP to sell it off! Now I have cancelled my ad and apologised to the bidders(many- to my surprise) and am enjoying the i10 more then ever. excellent for the city.
Old 20th December 2011, 17:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

My WagonR completed 36,000 KMs today and going strong. Mileage is around 12-14KMPL. Overall I have no issues with the car except that the horn stopped working in October and I got it replaced with a new Minda horn. Other than this there is no issue whatsoever. It is still running on OEM Amaron battery. However now days cranking time is higher than summer months, it is showing age but still going strong. I am expecting it to pass this winter and complete 5 year in April 2012. Tyres are still new and have at least 10,000 KMs of life. It’s one year since I serviced my car but due to presence of other vehicles Wagon R's running has reduced to 5K KMs per annum as compared to previous 9-10K KMs per annum. I guess it will be fine for another 4000 Kms and I will get it serviced as soon as it touches 40,000 KM mark.

Few recent photos of my car. Next update - After 40,000 KM service.

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-wagonr-1.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-wagonr-2.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-wagonr-3.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-wagonr-25.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-wagonr-26.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-wagonr-27.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-wagonr-28.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-wagonr-29.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 20th December 2011 at 17:17.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 12:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR

Hello Bluevolt,

Congrats on your WagonR completing hassle free 36,000 kms & now waiting for you to post your update & pictures at 40,000 kms.

In the meantime, have you tried "System G" that you referred to in earlier posts? If yes, did you notice any difference in mileage or performance?

I too have a WagonR 2007 & it is running fine. Recently replaced the Exhaust system & Engine valve & Piston Rings.

Also which fuel do you use? Normal or Premium. I have read couple of threads on TBHP & elsewhere, mentioning that Premium fuels are nothing more than marketing gimmick.

I used to fill Premium Fuel earlier & recently shifted to Normal Fuel, but there is no noticable change in pick-up or mileage.

Thanks,
Old 11th January 2012, 14:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Bluevolt,

Congrats on your WagonR completing hassle free 36,000 kms & now waiting for you to post your update & pictures at 40,000 kms.
Hi Jignesh,

Thanks, the car will be reaching 40K Kms in next 4-6 months and I will then get it serviced.

Quote:
In the meantime, have you tried "System G" that you referred to in earlier posts? If yes, did you notice any difference in mileage or performance?
No, I haven't tried "System G". My friend who has a 2006 WagonR LXi also reported similar mileage as mine and I am now convinced with 12-14 KMPL mileage.

Quote:
I too have a WagonR 2007 & it is running fine. Recently replaced the Exhaust system & Engine valve & Piston Rings.
How many KMs on ODO? Was there any problem with the car to get these parts replaced?

Quote:
Also which fuel do you use? Normal or Premium. I have read couple of threads on TBHP & elsewhere, mentioning that Premium fuels are nothing more than marketing gimmick.

I used to fill Premium Fuel earlier & recently shifted to Normal Fuel, but there is no noticable change in pick-up or mileage.

Thanks,
I have never used the so called premium petrol neither I recommend anyone to use. I think it's just marketing gimmick and waste of money. But make sure you get the normal unleaded from trusted pump. I always get my cars filled from select fuel stations.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 15:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Jignesh,

How many KMs on ODO? Was there any problem with the car to get these parts replaced?
Currently the KMs in ODO is approx 28000. Actually I am going on a tour to Rajasthan next week & I gave my Car for general checking. During this check, mechanic found engine oil in one of the spark plug well. Due to this they had to take out the Engine head & change the Engine Valve Rings & Piston Rings to stop the oil leak in Spark Plug well.

As far as Exhaust system is concerned, being in Mumbai, cars are exposed to very wet whether for 4 months in a year. When I used to start the car, in initial 10 minute there was weird noise from right side rear wheel. The mechanic found there were loose parts in Muffler & also it had started to rust. So got it replaced with a local make exhaust system (including the mid pipe, muffler & tail pipe.

But after these repairs car is definitely giving better performance.

Thanks,
Old 11th January 2012, 15:42   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Few recent photos of my car. Next update - After 40,000 KM service.
A very detailed report there Bluevolt complemented by those wonderful photos!
I picked up mine in March 2006, just a little ahead of the launch of Type 3 (that you have). I was impressed with the practical features of this car and loved the reclining rear seats so much that I couldn't resist buying one when there were very few choices in the segment.
Wish you many more Happy miles on your trusted workhorse.

Quote:
Currently the KMs in ODO is approx 28000. Actually I am going on a tour to Rajasthan next week & I gave my Car for general checking. During this check, mechanic found engine oil in one of the spark plug well. Due to this they had to take out the Engine head & change the Engine Valve Rings & Piston Rings to stop the oil leak in Spark Plug well.

As far as Exhaust system is concerned, being in Mumbai, cars are exposed to very wet whether for 4 months in a year. When I used to start the car, in initial 10 minute there was weird noise from right side rear wheel. The mechanic found there were loose parts in Muffler & also it had started to rust. So got it replaced with a local make exhaust system (including the mid pipe, muffler & tail pipe.

But after these repairs car is definitely giving better performance.

Thanks,
Hi Jignesh,
Quite unfortunate that the piston rings had to be replaced at a very younger age of the engine. My 2006 Type 2 has now clocked 1,57,000 Kms and is running without any hassles and after road tripping on the ANHC to Gujarat in March, I drove my ever faithful WagonR again last October to GJ spanning 5000kms in all and it performed exceptionally well.

Before this, I had taken the car for 1,47,000kms service and I had got most of the suspension system components - Lower Arms, Tie Road Ends & Bushes, Suspension struts and bushes replaced.

Apart from that I had also got the Catalytic Converter replaced since it was giving that metallic shrilling noise upon idling.

I also got the steering Ball joints replaced and the complete steering rack system lubricated since I had began to feel the stiffness in the steering wheel.

Overall, at almost 1.6 L on the ODO, the car has lived upto its expectations.

I am yet to update my ownership review with these latest developments.

Last edited by paragsachania : 11th January 2012 at 15:50.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 15:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Hi Jignesh,
Quite unfortunate that the piston rings had to be replaced at a very younger age of the engine. My 2006 Type 2 has now clocked 1,57,000 Kms and is running without any hassles and after road tripping on the ANHC to Gujarat in March, I drove my ever faithful WagonR again last October to GJ spanning 5000kms in all and it performed exceptionally well.

I am yet to update my ownership review with these latest developments.
Hello Parag,

Yes I have read your logs on your 2006 WagonR. Great to see your Car has served you very well .

I am unfortunate that I had to replace these parts with just 28,000 KMs on ODO. Anyways let us hope I have no issues with WagonR in future.

Also waiting for your latest ownership report.

Thanks,
Old 11th January 2012, 15:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
A very detailed report there Bluevolt complemented by those wonderful photos!
I picked up mine in March 2006, just a little ahead of the launch of Type 3 (that you have).
Thanks parag,

You have done some serious trips with your WagonR considering its ODO reading.

And one interesting point to note is that few members own both WagonR and City like you, HC, and me.

I am planning to keep this car for couple of more years till I save for a diesel hatchback (may be a Swift!).

Last edited by bluevolt : 11th January 2012 at 15:56.
Old 11th January 2012, 17:39   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks parag,
You have done some serious trips with your WagonR considering its ODO reading.
Yes indeed. I am again driving Bangalore-Aurangabad-Shirdi-Mumbai-Pune-Bangalore this month end again in my WagonR .

To be honest, I did 2 Trips in the ANHC to Pune and one to Rajkot. I usually take breaks after every 3 hours of driving and on both occasions to Pune, My parents had a tough time to get out of the car (ANHC) even though I found its seating position not too low. The Gujarat drive was with Wife and my daughter and it was splendid.

Hence, when I drove to Gujarat again in October last, I drove in the WagonR and my parents were never tired at all even after doing Bangalore-Surat in a day having started Bangalore at 4-30am and reaching Surat at 11-30pm crossing Peak hour Mumbai traffic.

So, either they have completely got used to the high seating of the tallboy or the ANHC gives some real lower back pain for aged people, not sure!!

Quote:
And one interesting point to note is that few members own both WagonR and City like you, HC, and me.
Yes, I have noticed that a few choices remain the same even when it comes to upgrade and this is so co-incidental.

Quote:
I am planning to keep this car for couple of more years till I save for a diesel hatchback (may be a Swift!).
As for me, I am going to treasure my tallboy all the way till she is fit to serve. It is a great feeling whenever I take her to the Maruti ASC and my regular folks crank the engine and tell me that it still feels like new.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 19:52   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

The WagonR is a true workhorse. We have had a WagonR in the family since 2000. THis was the first model which was launched a year or so before that. The car was used by me first in my student days, then passed on to my sister. Now it does duty in our second home, and is used by me and my dad whenever we visit this place (which is about once a month atleast). The car has clocked 50,000 Kms only in these 11 years and has given us no problems whatsoever in this period.years. Just routine service, that's all. In the past 4 years it has been used and abused over very bad roads and also has been used to haul cargo at times. The car just keeps doing whatever that is asked of it without any protest. No major expenses incurred as far as I remember.

The best part is the legroom and headroom in the front. For a small hatch it is incredibly spacious. Notchy gearshifts are a WagonR trait. Don't know if the present wagonR also suffers from it. I am amazed by the build quality of this car, being a Maruti. It has held on superbly after the abuse it has been subjected to and there are hardly any rattles or things becoming loose.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks