Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2012, 20:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR

Did a trip in WagonR to Inchhapuri, Haryana to visit famous Lord Shiv temple. It is historic place where shivling is not artificial but natural. It comes from inside the earth and it is very spiritual place.We took the NH8 route which is quite simple and easy to reach. After crossing the kherki dhaula toll plaza you just have to take a right turn from bilaspur (major district road) and continue till you reach pataudi and then take a left turn to join state highway 26, this road will reach Inchhapuri. It is a very peaceful temple on general days.
There is a huge mela on ocassion of shiv ratri but on other days it is quite empty except for mondays and chaturdarshi.

I am sharing few snaps taken at the temple. Since the trip is not exhaustive I am sharing the info here only and not starting a new thread. WagonR performed upto expectations with mileage of around 15-16KMPL as traffic was less today.
Om Namah Shivay!

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-1.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-2.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-3.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-5.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-6.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-7.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-8.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-9.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-10.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-11.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-12.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-13.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-14.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-15.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-16.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-17.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-18.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-19.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-20.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-21.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-22.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-23.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-24.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-inchhapuri-pataudi-gurgaon-haryana-25.jpg

My car will complete five years on 4 april and she still looks strong for few more years.

Last edited by bluevolt : 25th February 2012 at 20:47.
Old 26th February 2012, 10:31   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Lord Shiva has surely blessed your Waggie, but what strikes me is how simple temples are up north, kinda casual and open. Also change the plates,tints and wheelcups, voila, i can see my Waggie in your pics.BTW, my mileage after going down to 13 has again reached 15km/l. Mystery.

Last edited by DicKy : 26th February 2012 at 10:32.
Old 26th February 2012, 11:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Lord Shiva has surely blessed your Waggie, but what strikes me is how simple temples are up north, kinda casual and open. Also change the plates,tints and wheelcups, voila, i can see my Waggie in your pics.BTW, my mileage after going down to 13 has again reached 15km/l. Mystery.
This a very ancient temple and is located in remote area of Gurgaon. It is surrounded by farms and the Temple's trust don't allow other people to modernize it as in case of some other temples for the sake of originality.

It's name is Inchhapuri as it is believed that Lord Shiv fulfills one's wishes on visiting this temple. Actually the village and it's railway station is names after this temple.

And yes you are right, WagonR was lucky to visit this place as on both ocassions I was willing to take Honda City but could not due to some reasons.

WagonR delivers very good mileage on highways but it get reduced by 2 KMPL in city limits.
Old 4th April 2012, 00:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, My WagonR turns Five year old!

I still remember 4th April 2007 - the day when we bought her home, I was so excited to visit showroom with my parents to take the delivery of the car. Ah! that day!

It has been fantastic five year association with WagonR and she has clocked 38500KMs+ till date. Earlier running was around 8-10K KM per year but running was reduced due to Honda City/i10 and dad's official Tata Safari.

I am in no mood to sell Waggie for at least next couple of years and will enjoy intercity trips with her.

I also got the Insurance renewed from Bajaj Allianze for Rs.2800, my earlier insurer Reliance was charging whopping 500+ extra for the same job.

Few photos

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-maruti-wagonr-1.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-maruti-wagonr-2.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-maruti-wagonr-3.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-maruti-wagonr-4.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-maruti-wagonr-5.jpg

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-maruti-wagonr-6.jpg
Old 4th April 2012, 10:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, My WagonR turns Five year old!
Hello Bluevolt,

Congratulations on your WagonR complete five successfull years with you. I understand these five years have been absolutely trouble free as far as the car is concerned & wish you same worry-free drive for next couple of years.

You can still keep this car for next few years as wagonR is a trusted car & after seeing Parag's 1,62,000 update we should only be more confident.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...km-update.html

Even I am a WagonR lover just like you & recently I upgraded to WagonR K10 2010 model, previously I was having 2007 model.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 4th April 2012 at 11:00.
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2012, 22:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

WagonR had three punctures this week - one puncture due to a nail, two punctures due to cracking of old puncture.

The tyres are still good enough for 10,000 KMS but I hate to see my car punctured every now and then, What you guys suggest? Should I replace all the tubes? As they are having few punctures and are bit old.

Last edited by bluevolt : 19th May 2012 at 22:27.
Old 19th May 2012, 23:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

I changed my Waggie's tyres at 46500 on the odo. Till around 41 K there was not a single puncture.But aftet that, there were 4 in a period of 2 months.

I went for the same brand---Bridgestone, but this time it was tubeless. I paid 9.5 K for 4 tyres. This was in July 2008.
Old 20th May 2012, 15:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I changed my Waggie's tyres at 46500 on the odo. Till around 41 K there was not a single puncture.But aftet that, there were 4 in a period of 2 months.

I went for the same brand---Bridgestone, but this time it was tubeless. I paid 9.5 K for 4 tyres. This was in July 2008.
My WagonR is nearing 40,000 KM mark but I think the tyres are good enough for further 8-10K KMs (I will post a photo). I am more keen on replacing the tubes as the old punctures (1-2 year old) are cracking so I guess it's the tubes which needs replacement?
Old 20th May 2012, 16:20   #39
BHPian

My Wagon R likes to do a lot of offroading

find more @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...rla-route.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-vacation.html
Attached Thumbnails
My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-dsc02766.jpg  

Old 20th May 2012, 17:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My WagonR is nearing 40,000 KM mark but I think the tyres are good enough for further 8-10K KMs (I will post a photo). I am more keen on replacing the tubes as the old punctures (1-2 year old) are cracking so I guess it's the tubes which needs replacement?
If it is 40 K kms, then new tubes should do. And as you also have a City, the Waggie may not be used that much, as in my case.

Normally, tyres should be changed every 7 years or around 40 + thousand kms, whichever is earlier. But if you're driving on bad roads, even 35 thousand kms is enough to change the tyres.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 13:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If it is 40 K kms, then new tubes should do. And as you also have a City, the Waggie may not be used that much, as in my case.

Normally, tyres should be changed every 7 years or around 40 + thousand kms, whichever is earlier. But if you're driving on bad roads, even 35 thousand kms is enough to change the tyres.
Yes Waggie is used 2-3 times a week only because of City/i10. Also now days temperatures are really soaring up here in NCR (40+) so I think it will be wise to change the tubes.

And along with tubes I have to get a new set of wheel covers as well because one of the wheel cover got misplaced at the puncture shop due to my mistake. I took the car without fixing the cover and next day when I approached the puncture guy he told me there was no cover and must have fallen while driving the car!

__________________________________________________ ______

I have another query - My WagonR's battery is five year and one month old (same as the age of the car, stock amaron battery). It is still cranking the engine freely and performs like new.

I am actually planning to upgrade my car's ICE by adding a JBL Basstube + Two rear speakers + a amplifier to power both components. My car has a Sony CD/FM player along with two dashboard speakers. Will this upgrade strain the battery? Also as the HU is also five years old, so will it be OK to have bass tube and speakers/amplifiers installed considering the age of battery/car/HU?

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st May 2012 at 13:37.
Old 21st May 2012, 22:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have another query - My WagonR's battery is five year and one month old (same as the age of the car, stock amaron battery). It is still cranking the engine freely and performs like new.

I am actually planning to upgrade my car's ICE by adding a JBL Basstube + Two rear speakers + a amplifier to power both components. My car has a Sony CD/FM player along with two dashboard speakers. Will this upgrade strain the battery? Also as the HU is also five years old, so will it be OK to have bass tube and speakers/amplifiers installed considering the age of battery/car/HU?
My first battery lasted me 4.2 years, while the second one was there for 6.2 years. Both were Exides.

This being the case, you can carry on with your stock one as long as it lasts.

I replaced my stock ICE player 2 years ago because it was an old cassette player and some parts like display light were not available.

You should post your query in the ICE section for quicker responses.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

So after exactly 5 years and 1 month and 19 days the battery packed up and refused to start the car.

I will get the battery replaced by this weekend.

Should I replace it with Amaron only as the stock one was Amaron Shield?
Old 23rd May 2012, 23:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

EDIT : Got the Amaron Flo battery for Rs. 3100 after returning the old battery! It comes with 2+2 year warranty.
Old 6th June 2012, 18:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

Guys what is the frequency of Engine De-Carbonizing? I got this done in my WagonR @ 30K KM service. Now I am planning to get 40K service soon.

Also my brake pads are stock and performing fine, so should I just get them cleaned or replacement is necessary?

What else should I take care for the 40K KM service?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks