Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2012, 18:23   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Guys what is the frequency of Engine De-Carbonizing? I got this done in my WagonR @ 30K KM service. Now I am planning to get 40K service soon.

Also my brake pads are stock and performing fine, so should I just get them cleaned or replacement is necessary?

What else should I take care for the 40K KM service?
  • Engine Decarb is perhaps the biggest con that has infected almost all the ASCs. You really don't need to get this done very frequently. My WagonR is approaching 1.75L Kms by this weekend and I may have got the Engine Decarb done hardly thrice in its entire lifetime.
  • Best thing to do every 20-30k kms is to use Bardhal Engine Oil Flush which you can pour inside the Engine oil compartment and run the car under sedate speeds for 30 minutes and drain all the Oil. This ensures almost everything that a Engine Decarb does at the ASC which will cost you 1200-1400 easily while this flush liquid will cost just Rs. 300.
  • For keeping the fuel system and Injectors clean, you can regularly use SystemG or various other products. I have used OWS 360 and been using System G since the past few years with no problems whatsoever.
  • On a regular basis ensure to get the Throttle body cleaned as that will have enough dirt.
  • On Brake Pads: Check the wear by inspecting the pads yourself. If there is life left, you don't to replace them.
  • Change the Plugs at 40k. NGK DCP7RP is recommended.

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th June 2012 at 18:34.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 20:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

I agree with paragsachania's views.

Engine decarb can be done once in 40 K kms, and the suggestion given above seems to be good. However, it is better to use that flush on the eve of oil change, as all oil will need to be drained after 30 minutes.

You may find the below information useful. It pertains to my Waggie:-
  1. Engine decarbonisation was done when the odo was 41K. Coolant was also replaced. So were spark plugs.
  2. Tyres were changed at 46.5 K kms
  3. Brake pads , liners and wipers were changed at 50 K kms
  4. Both drive shafts were changed at 52 K kms
  5. Front struts were changed at 55 K
  6. Water pump belt and AC fan belt were changed at 59 K kms
  7. All oils were changed at 60 K (engine, gear, coolant, distilled water). Also the front lower arms and bushes were replaced. Fuel injectors were cleaned. All spark plugs were replaced.
You can get further information on my LTO thread.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 17:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

SERVICE DETAILS.

Got the WagonR’s 40K KM Service couple of days back from DD Motors, Rohtak Road, Delhi.

Car was handed over to service advisor at 10AM and delivered to me at 2PM.
Overall nice experience as usual at DD motors, all requests noted and done promptly. Only one thing they left was the greasing on all four doors for which I have complained to higher officials. They charge Rs. 1150 for paid service and if they miss this 50 rupees job then it is very sad. I have to get greasing done from somewhere else as doors are making noise while opening/closing. Because of this mistake I will give 6/10 to DD Motors otherwise score would have been 9/10.

Just make sure you go there during weekdays as there is huge rush during weekends and most probably you will not get the car on same day.

Total cost – Rs. 6000

Details of the service bill

PARTS

Air cleaner replaced – Rs. 177
Oil Filter replaced – Rs. 75
Horn – Rs. 150
Coolant – Rs. 210
Brake Fluid – Rs. 175
Engine Oil – Rs. 910
Miscellaneous items (including screen wash, number plate nuts etc) – Rs. 100

Labour

Paid Service – Rs. 1150
Engine system flushing – Rs. 675
Fuel injector cleaning – Rs. 550
Throttle body cleaning – Rs. 700
Brake bleeding – Rs. 350

TAXES – Rs. 720

The rear RHS suspension arm is damaged and is need to be replaced but as the part was not available this job will be carried out during next service (or whenever I wish). Wheel alignment/balancing will be done from outside very soon as service center people charge insane amount for the same. Brakes/Tyres are OK according to them and good enough for next 10K KMs.

I also installed Kicker bass tube, two Sony 6*9 rear co-axials and a Sony amplifier to my existing Sony setup of two dashboard speakers and CD/FM Player. Total Cost 13,000 - More details about ICE installation on this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...gonr-iced.html. Also installed new wheel covers for Rs. 500 for a pair of 4.

Car feels very responsive and smooth after servicing. For 6000 Rupees my WagonR is good enough for another 10K KMs. No plan of selling the car as of now.

New Wheel covers
My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-service-3.jpg

Engine bay after washing
My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-service-4.jpg

Amplifier wire connected directly with battery
My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-service-5.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 07:36   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
Guys what is the frequency of Engine De-Carbonizing? I got this done in my WagonR @ 30K KM service. Now I am planning to get 40K service soon.

Also my brake pads are stock and performing fine, so should I just get them cleaned or replacement is necessary?

What else should I take care for the 40K KM service?
When you visit your service centre next, there will be guide on frequency of maintenace. That eloborate every type with fequency suggested. Further you can apply your logic based upon your usage of car.
Like if air filter cleaning frequency is say 1000 km. Now you use your vehicle in upmost dusty roads then for you it may be 750 km.
Old 12th February 2013, 22:12   #50
BHPian

I need to give my Car (Wagon R) for service in Hyderabad. Guys from Hyd please advise me the best one, in and around Begumpet/Ameerpet area.

Your help is much appreciated!
Old 1st April 2013, 00:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

Got my WagonR's insurance renewed from Bajaj Allianz for Rs. 2800 with IDV of 1.60 lacs.

Got the new wiper set for Rs. 500 recently.

Car's braking is not at par now, need to get the brakes checked. Which set of brakes could have worn out? Disks(front) or Drum(rear)? I feel rear brakes as they lacks bite when I tried stopping car with parking brake at speed of around 10-15KMPH to test the brakes.

Other than this no issues from the car.

ODO Reading as of today is 42K+ KMs and will complete six years on 4th April.

Last edited by bluevolt : 1st April 2013 at 00:35.
Old 24th May 2013, 21:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Car's braking is not at par now, need to get the brakes checked. Which set of brakes could have worn out? Disks(front) or Drum(rear)? I feel rear brakes as they lacks bite when I tried stopping car with parking brake at speed of around 10-15KMPH to test the brakes.
Can anyone please suggest on my above query!
Old 28th May 2013, 18:14   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Other than this no issues from the car.

ODO Reading as of today is 42K+ KMs and will complete six years on 4th April.
Hello bluevolt, since your car has clocked 42k kms on the ODO, I suspect the front Disc pads as the culprit for the poor braking. Normally, between 40-60k kms is where the pads wear out asking for a replacement.

When you visit the Service Center next time, ask them to open the calipers and inspect the pads looking at the wear indicator in the center of the pad's surface. Also check if the pads (even if they have enough life left) have become unusually hard. If so, a few minutes of Sand paper grazing will do the job for another 5000 kms.

For rear brakes, they normally are self adjusting shoes which expand depending on the wear. You may however, open the drum cover and inspect for the positioning of the Brake cylinder piston and get that centered in case its off its position that would result in poor braking too. Also file the surface of the brake shoes and fix them back.

Generally rear shoes do not ask for replacement at least till 80,000 kms and last almost double to that of front pads.

Lastly, please get the brake bleeding done this time which should in all probabilities restore the bite back after the above mentioned tasks.

Around 1100 for the Pads, 250 for Brake bleeding, 200 for Drum cleaning, expect ~1500 to get the brakes back in best condition!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th May 2013 at 18:18.
Old 14th June 2013, 16:48   #54
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pics of my WagonR's all four tyres. Please have a look and tell for how long I can use these tyres? Current Odo reading is 42700KMs.

Front Right tyre

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-imag0386.jpg

Front Left tyre

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-imag0392.jpg

Rear Right tyre

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-imag0388.jpg

Rear Left tyre

My Trusted Workhorse - Maruti Suzuki WagonR-imag0390.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Hello bluevolt, since your car has clocked 42k kms on the ODO, I suspect the front Disc pads as the culprit for the poor braking. Normally, between 40-60k kms is where the pads wear out asking for a replacement.
Got the car checked from a local mechanic and he says the braking is quite normal considering the ODO reading and suggested me to replace brake pads during next service @ 50K KMs as braking is not that weak.

Last edited by bluevolt : 14th June 2013 at 16:50.
Old 14th June 2013, 17:14   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pics of my WagonR's all four tyres. Please have a look and tell for how long I can use these tyres? Current Odo reading is 42700KMs.

Front Right tyre

Front Left tyre

Rear Right tyre

Rear Left tyre
Easily good for another 5000-7000 Kms.

Quote:
Got the car checked from a local mechanic and he says the braking is quite normal considering the ODO reading and suggested me to replace brake pads during next service @ 50K KMs as braking is not that weak.
When pads are opened, check the wear indicator on the pad. That will give hint on its life. If you feel the braking is good, then better leave it the way it is.
Next time the pads are changes, get the rear shows inspected/cleaned and also get the brake fluid bleeding done too.
Old 14th June 2013, 18:38   #56
BANNED

Quote:
I feel the thread life is on the lower side and may be OK for another 2000 - 3000 kms. There is no point of driving with a bald/low thread tyre that too in the rainy season where grip levels are more important.

It also depends on your driving style

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 20:39   #57
Senior - BHPian

Thanks.

Actually we use WagonR only for inter city short runs to shopping malls and miscellaneous intercity commute within range 10-20 Kms. It is hardly taken on highways so I think these tyres will be fine for some more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I feel the thread life is on the lower side and may be OK for another 2000 - 3000 kms. There is no point of driving with a bald/low thread tyre that too in the rainy season where grip levels are more important.

It also depends on your driving style

Cheers,
Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Easily good for another 5000-7000 Kms.
Old 15th June 2013, 15:55   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Actually we use WagonR only for inter city short runs to shopping malls and miscellaneous intercity commute within range 10-20 Kms. It is hardly taken on highways so I think these tyres will be fine for some more time.
If the usage is low and no highway then expect it to be OK for 5000+ kms.

City driving will be a little more harsher on the tyres right?

Anurag.
Old 17th June 2013, 00:08   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
City driving will be a little more harsher on the tyres right?
That may be because of frequent braking in city driving conditions?
Old 17th June 2013, 00:11   #60
BANNED

Quote:

That may be because of frequent braking in city driving conditions?
Could be buddy. Braking and acceleration cannot be guaranteed in City driving. Takes toll on man and machine.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks