Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2011, 14:29   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
So finally, I let my heart rule over my brain and got the Mugen RR body kit for my car....
Cool, coz, after few years, your brain will over-rule everything from your heart! Are the RR pieces kitted to the shark?
Old 22nd April 2011, 15:09   #137
Senior - BHPian

Just heard from rohit (Ace F355) that oil pump attendant incidentally filled 4-5 litres of diesel into his civic in Karol Bagh, before he noticed it. Poor chap, he is trying out to drain the tank. But have the diesel circulated to other parts (filters, engine etc)?
Old 22nd April 2011, 15:41   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So finally, I let my heart rule over my brain and got the Mugen RR body kit for my car.

haha... you smart bugger, why do you keep hitting on those get some cool alloys strings again and again!!!

Let me find a job first and I will start from the scratch modifying my second car to make it a real show stopper.
Hey, I can try right! But looks like you dialed a wrong number. I've seen a few kitted cars here in Bombay with stock wheels and trust me they did not look the part. So its just a friendly advice to splurge some more of your moolah.

Don't you worry, your Civic is already a showstopper in my eyes.

Quote:
Procured it locally from Delhi itself.
Thats great, saves the hassle and care to share the costs?

Quote:
Oh, that doesn't sound good but I will still keep the thoughts of getting married alive, despite this fear! May be I need to start searching for a petrolhead GF!
Oh you should get married, why should bachelors have all the fun. Runs for cover before the mrs. sees this.
Old 22nd April 2011, 16:29   #139
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Just heard from rohit (Ace F355) that oil pump attendant incidentally filled 4-5 litres of diesel into his civic in Karol Bagh, before he noticed it. Poor chap, he is trying out to drain the tank. But have the diesel circulated to other parts (filters, engine etc)?
That is terrible. Please force the pump owner to pay for the damage.

If the engine was not switched on then it is possible that heavies from diesel has not reached engine components. Better to flush the fuel line.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:24   #140
Senior - BHPian

Hello friends,

So, here I am and another hectic week for me comes to an end. My search for job led me to Gurgaon/Delhi for an interview and I found some free time to dedicate to my Shark finding her a few more goodies. On the cards was Mugen RR body kit + Engine Start button. In addition, I decided to add on Rear Parking Sensors.

Body Kit was procured through Driven and I had to seriously dig down deep to find this kit. Type R kit was available for old Civic models but not Mugen RR or Modulo! Options were available for the face lifted Civic though. The ABS body kit costed me INR 12,000 with paint/fitting charges extra INR 5,000!

Blackcat reverse parking sensors were installed for INR 3,500. Paint and fitting work was conducted at KJA Antony Automobiles, East of Kailash (Delhi) where I had got my car’s exterior refurbishing done. All in all, I felt the charges were a bit steep but the job was done upto my satisfaction, therefore I was happy to pay the price.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:30   #141
Senior - BHPian

Fuel Filling Mess – On Friday, April 22nd, I was staying with a friend of mine in Karol Bagh, Delhi and my plan was to visit someone in Gurgaon. I was running low on gas, so decided to fill up at Bagga Link petrol pump in Karol Bagh. I reached at the gas station, came out of my car and asked the attendant to fill INR 2000 worth of ‘Normal Petrol’. In the mean time, another attendant came along and started cleaning the wind shield of my car. I turned back to him asking if he had the pressure air gun as my interiors were a bit dusty. He politely refused and I came back to the filling machine. I was surprised to see 5 liters of fuel was filled but it was showing only INR 200 on the fuel charges gauge! It was no brainer the fuel attendant was filling diesel in my car!!! I was under panic and snatched the pipe out as soon as I saw it happening and started scolding the guy! I was angry since I had clearly told him to fill the normal petrol and yet!!! I asked him to call his manager and the owner of the fuel station. Luckily, the owner, Mr. Udit Bagga was present at the station and came out to help me out. A cool minded and courteous chap, I should say! I called my mechanic as well as TBHPian iTNerd asking for help. Both told me to get the fuel tank drained out first and get the fuel line checked. My car was pushed to a nearby service station and the fuel tank was drained out immediately. I asked them to flush the tank out properly which they did twice with 25 liters of fuel! iTNerd, in the mean time, checked it online and called me back telling that the situation was under control if the car wasn’t started at all. I was relieved but still decided to get the fuel line cleaned up!

Mr. Bagga was kind enough to provide me with 10 liters of extra fuel for the kind of mental agony I had gone through. I know, some of you might think this wasn’t enough compensation but I must add they had immediately accepted their mistake and had worked on it as promptly as they could. I test drove the car and there weren’t any jerks in the running car, so I decided to keep going and test it further. I was assured that if there is any complains later on, it will be taken care on their behalf. Touchwood, car has been running like a champ like ever before!

I had planned to attend Gurgaon Team BHP meet that evening but I didn’t get any reply back about it. Guess the meet didn’t happen. Later that evening, I had a quick impromptu meet with iTNerd at Promonade Mall, Vasant Kunj (Pics are here, sorry for the quality issues as the lighting wasn't enough).

@ iTNerd: It was really nice catching up with you, dude! Your car looked amazing in person! Hope to see you again soon!
Attached Thumbnails
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-12.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-13.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-14.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-15.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-16.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-17.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-18.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-19.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-20.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-21.jpg  

Old 25th April 2011, 15:35   #142
Senior - BHPian

Update on the car: My Shark has completed 10,000 kms with me and I have no issues to report except for thousands of happy miles crunched! The only issue in my car is vibrations in steering wheel when braking from a speed of above 150-160 kmph. I am told to get my brake rotors cleaned up to rectify the issue which I intend to do on the coming 45k service.

Am I happy about my decision of buying a Civic???

Oh Yeah, I can say it again and again!

Once the body kit was fitted and my car was gleaming nicely yesterday morning, I decided to take her to our national capital's THE VIP Area and do a photo shoot! Cutting the story short, I will let the pictures do the talking....

First the India Gate, with all its glory!
Attached Thumbnails
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-3.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-4.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-5.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-6.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-7.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-8.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-9.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-10.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-11.jpg  

Old 25th April 2011, 15:40   #143
Senior - BHPian

The Shark @ Rajpath, India Gate and President's House, Set I -
Attached Thumbnails
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-22.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-24.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-23.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-26.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-27.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-28.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-29.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-30.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-31.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-41.jpg  

Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 15:47   #144
Senior - BHPian

The Shark @ Rajpath, India Gate and President's House, Set II -
Attached Thumbnails
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-25.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-32.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-33.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-34.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-35.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-37.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-38.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-39.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-40.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-44.jpg  

Old 25th April 2011, 15:48   #145
BHPian

@ace

shark is looking freakingly awsome.period.

i know its like putting salt on your wounds but
rims 16" ?
Old 25th April 2011, 16:09   #146
Senior - BHPian

The Shark @ Rajpath, India Gate and President's House, Set III -My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-42.jpgMy Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-43.jpgMy Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-45.jpgMy Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-36.jpg

Just found two pics of the day I brought my Shark home!My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-2.jpgMy Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-1.jpg

Also, got my Engine Start button working too. Last time when I was trying to connect this button, I was using 8th Civic wiring diagram as reference but the button didn't wrk with those connections making me believe either my relay or my button was faulty. But I got it working by figuring out the connections by myself. Mr. Dixit from Retro Rides was very helpful to make this button work. We used his apparatus to figure out the correct connections. The good news is, there is no electric leak in my circuit so far, but I need a few more days to confirm that. Manan had reported an electric leak in his connection since his battery used to drain out because of this button if he left the car standing at house for a couple of days.

Also, I need to be careful about this button since ther have been reports of pressing the button accidently when the car is idling. If that happens, the starter of my car will grind within a matter of seconds. I experienced it myself when I was waiting at a red light last night and had nothing else to do. This button is so sexy that I got this itch to touch it but immediately I recalled the aftereffects and I resisted this urge.

The button is so feather touch in operation that even an accidental touch in idling car will result in grinding the starter! So, need to be careful and let others know about it too, who ever uses my car at home!

Here is a quick video of the car and the engine start button in working! Sorry about leaving my car out in such a way but I had no other choice to park my car elsewhere in that particular area. It was standing out in 40 degrees under hot sun for more than 3 hours!

Old 25th April 2011, 16:21   #147
dot
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, I am glad that the fuel incident was resolved without any major issues. After @iTNerd's post, I was looking forward to hear what happend next. Some agony you must have gone through during those few hours.

Secondly, after looking at the pictures, I am resisting a massive urge to drive to Delhi or HR or where ever you are and take side by side shots!! If you are driving down to Pune for job hunting, do let me know!
Old 25th April 2011, 16:33   #148
Senior - BHPian

Hi ace, Nice quick update there with very good pictures. The incident at petrol pump was shocking. I have heard of incidents which involves filling of petrol in swift diesels. That's why many owners put a "DIESEL" sticker on their fuel filler lid. I was wondering what would have happened if the car was idling while refueling. Keep an eye on these guys while filling next time onwards.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:40   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow what pics! Yours is surly the most gorgeous Civic on TBHP! And you have a real eye for composition that makes your pics stand out. Amazing!

Am relieved the fuel incident turned out to be nothing serious and kudos to the pump guys for behaving in such a mature manner. I guess they "lost" the equivalent of 5 litres of diesel + 60 litres of petrol in the whole process, but they won a customer for life, for sure!
Old 25th April 2011, 17:51   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cool, coz, after few years, your brain will over-rule everything from your heart!

Quote:
have the diesel circulated to other parts (filters, engine etc)?
Called up Honda and explained it to them. They said since Civic has an electric fuel pump, if the engine wasn't started, diesel should not have been into the fuel line and it should be okay just by draining the fuel tank! Asked me to come to a service centre to get it checked though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hey, I can try right! But looks like you dialed a wrong number. I've seen a few kitted cars here in Bombay with stock wheels and trust me they did not look the part. So its just a friendly advice to splurge some more of your moolah.
hahaha... no worries, I will keep the Civic on 15" itself if the matte black color on them stays goods! Alloy upgrade on my next car, pakka!!!!

Quote:
Don't you worry, your Civic is already a showstopper in my eyes.
Thank you so much!

Quote:
care to share the costs?
INR 12,000 for the kit + INR 5,000 for the paint and fitting!

Quote:
Oh you should get married, why should bachelors have all the fun. Runs for cover before the mrs. sees this.
Let me enjoy this life for coming 3-4 years and we will see how it goes for me! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
That is terrible. Please force the pump owner to pay for the damage.
Pump owner took care of the car immediately and made a little compensation for their mistake too! In addition, his Beemer was standing there at the fuel station and he gave my car a good glance before saying, "you know, I am feeling a little jealous coz your Civic is looking more sporty than my BMW!" lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@ace

shark is looking freakingly awsome.period.

i know its like putting salt on your wounds but
rims 16" ?
Thanks Jatin. Rims are still stock, 15". No 16" for me since the alloy designs I liked weren't available in that size!

Quote:
Some agony you must have gone through during those few hours.
Yep, I surely had a panic attack for once! But with help from my mechanic and iTNerd, it was corrected ASAP! I have heard, diesel in petrol cars isn't that bad but vice versa can be catastrophic!

Quote:
If you are driving down to Pune for job hunting, do let me know!
You know of anyone with a job offering in Plant Sciences R&D? I will surely come down south if I get the right opportunity there!

Side by Side shooting idea sounds good to me anytime!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I was wondering what would have happened if the car was idling while refueling. Keep an eye on these guys while filling next time onwards.
That is the precise reason I turn the car off every time I reach the fuel station to fill it up! The diesel would have been to fuel line and to the engine if the car was running, and depending on the amount of diesel, it would have clogged the fuel pump, injectors and other engine parts!

A good discussion about it can be found here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...etrol-car.html

Or the vice versa -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...iesel-car.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Wow what pics! Yours is surly the most gorgeous Civic on TBHP! And you have a real eye for composition that makes your pics stand out. Amazing!
Thanks once again noopster, and I am keeping an keen eye on your Vento thread as well! One of my relatives is interested in buying Vento and I am asking him to wait for the new Fiesta and Verna, in addition to his already shortlisted Vento P and ANHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Am relieved the fuel incident turned out to be nothing serious and kudos to the pump guys for behaving in such a mature manner. I guess they "lost" the equivalent of 5 litres of diesel + 60 litres of petrol in the whole process, but they won a customer for life, for sure!
Yep, I was pretty impressed by their promptness about the issue too! Good ethics I witnessed (especially for Indian scenario)!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 25th April 2011 at 17:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks