Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 19:36   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Some more pics -

1. Engine Bay

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-46.jpg

2. Honda Type R key fob
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-47.jpg

but a picture that has always been in my computer from the day I had seen the Civic Mugen RR for the first time!
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-rr.jpg

(@ Mods - Sorry guys, I don't remember the source, otherwise I would have added!)
Old 25th April 2011, 21:21   #152
Team-BHP Support

Both those Civics look hot. But they need RIMS, even if not 17", 16" with 215 section tyres will look great and not mess up your ride quality at all. That engine start button is neat too.

IMO thats not a bad price for the bodykit+painting if the fitment is good.

Good work overall
Old 25th April 2011, 21:34   #153
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Yep, I was pretty impressed by their promptness about the issue too! Good ethics I witnessed (especially for Indian scenario)!
That is true. I am also impressed by how it went eventually.

Quote:

You know of anyone with a job offering in Plant Sciences R&D? I will surely come down south if I get the right opportunity there!
Will keep this in mind
Old 25th April 2011, 21:53   #154
Senior - BHPian

Looks Brilliant.
Now paint the grill Matt Black.
Old 25th April 2011, 22:11   #155
Senior - BHPian

@Rohit - It was great meeting you too! I still can't forget the amazing growl your 'shark' gave me, when I was driving it.
Old 25th April 2011, 23:12   #156
BHPian

Nice ride! But how did you fit the start stop button?
Old 25th April 2011, 23:51   #157
BHPian

@ ACE

was your front bumper repainted? cause slight color mismatch can be seen?

IMHO the air flow to air filter would be slight restricted.
Old 25th April 2011, 23:53   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
What about just painting the calipers?
@ dot and hiren.mistry -

Hey guys, sorry I didn't pay attention to this quote before. IMO, if you are going to paint just the brake calipers, the best combo would be Silver Alloys + Yellow Calipers instead of Red! This combo looks too good in real life.

See, I have followed a color theme while modifying my car.

Grey, being the body color, is primary.

Black is the the secondary color, and there is enough of it around my car. i.e. smoked headlights and tail lights, tints, matte black alloys, rear diffuser on the body kit etc.

And Red, is the tertiary color. Therefore, the angel/devil eyes, brake calipers and monograms are red.

Had I kept my alloys in silver finish, the calipers for sure would have been yellow! Just my two cents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Both those Civics look hot. But they need RIMS, even if not 17", 16" with 215 section tyres will look great and not mess up your ride quality at all. That engine start button is neat too.

IMO thats not a bad price for the bodykit+painting if the fitment is good.

Good work overall
Glad you liked my car. But no alloy upgrade in pipeline during near future, Akshay!

Can't jump to 17" and 16" don't have the alloy design I would have liked on my car!

Price for the body kit is good, but I felt paint/fitment charges were a bit high since Arush was asking INR 4,000 for the same! Overall, I am happy with the result, so it just doesn't matter now!

Quote:
Will keep this in mind
Thank you, dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Looks Brilliant.
Now paint the grill Matt Black.
Thanks mate, I have similar plans for the grill already except I want to have carbon fiber vinyl on the grill instead of matte black paint (which is reversible, you see)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
@Rohit - It was great meeting you too! I still can't forget the amazing growl your 'shark' gave me, when I was driving it.
K&N Typhoon sounds so brilliant, especially between 3500-5500 RPM range. Has it made some space into your future upgrades too?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Nice ride! But how did you fit the start stop button?
Thanks Naparajito, the button is a genuine Civic Type R accessory! Came with a button and housing for the same. All I needed was a 40 amps relay and some time to figure out the connections!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@ ACE

was your front bumper repainted? cause slight color mismatch can be seen?
Yep, it was repainted but the mismatch is due to light positioning, I believe. The paint is perfectly matched in real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
IMHO the air flow to air filter would be slight restricted.
Not so sure about restricted air flow, but the K&N installation is done as it was recommended by the company.

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th April 2011 at 02:45. Reason: Removed High Speed Videos, We do not allow discussing High speed driving on Public roads, Only 2 smilies per post Allowed.
Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 23:04   #159
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, I need to be careful about this button since ther have been reports of pressing the button accidently when the car is idling. If that happens, the starter of my car will grind within a matter of seconds. I experienced it myself when I was waiting at a red light last night and had nothing else to do. This button is so sexy that I got this itch to touch it but immediately I recalled the aftereffects and I resisted this urge.

The button is so feather touch in operation that even an accidental touch in idling car will result in grinding the starter! So, need to be careful and let others know about it too, who ever uses my car at home!
Had a question, isnt the start-stop button supposed to start and stop sequentially. I mean, once the engine is switched on and then the button is pressed, isnt that going to stop the engine?
Old 29th April 2011, 11:02   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a question, isnt the start-stop button supposed to start and stop sequentially. I mean, once the engine is switched on and then the button is pressed, isnt that going to stop the engine?
No dot, Engine Start button in Type R Civic is supposed to just start the car! Not like the ones in Cruze/Verna/Micra!

As I have said it earlier, the button is more of show off rather than usability! But who doesn't like that, epecially when the button is so uber cool to look at?
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2011, 15:31   #161
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ace,
- Came to this thread rather late and pardon me for the delay !

- The Shark's got to be one of the best Civics I've ever seen - with or without the goodies. The colour is scrumptious, the interiors well...sexy ! And going by the looks of it you too seem to be spending quite a bit of time on it. Daily perhaps ?

- Congratulations on such a delightful purchase. May you have many, many soulful miles of driving with the Shark.

- Glad to read that you got out of the diesel scare without much of a damage. And you certainly were lucky to have got the owner around who also turned out to be a thorough gentleman ! I know of a case in Mumbai where a senior colleague's Captiva was filled with petrol. The pump attendants went into a 'hota hai' mode and the owner came in and shook his head and said that his attendant informed him that the mistake was not the attendant's but the colleagues driver's as he didn't tell him what fuel type to fill and by default they filled petrol. And that he could claim it from the insurance...blah...blah ! It was towed to the GM ASC and the fellow had to spend quite a bit from his pocket to get the whole line cleaned etc. Yeah, the fuel pump owner didn't move even a little finger to help him.

- The snaps here are gorgeous.

- Do keep this thread on the boil all the time. Would be keenly checking it out for the things that I want !

- Oh yes - do keep chatting up with her ever so often !

PS - from the engine bay snap I noticed that the K&N air filter was left open. Shouldn't that be better - covered ? For with more particulate matter entering the engine what with bigger pores of the K&N breather there would be a long term impact on the innards of engine - yes ?

Last edited by Guderian : 29th April 2011 at 15:40.
Old 3rd May 2011, 20:43   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
- Came to this thread rather late and pardon me for the delay !
No worries, Guderian! Good to see you in my thread!

Quote:
- The Shark's got to be one of the best Civics I've ever seen - with or without the goodies. The colour is scrumptious, the interiors well...sexy ! And going by the looks of it you too seem to be spending quite a bit of time on it. Daily perhaps ?
8th Gen Civic is undoubtedly the best designed Civic! Now when 9th Gen Civic is out, it will be interesting to see how people react to the new design! Initial response has been a little negative, because of such high standard set by Honda themselves, for 8th Gen Civic!

Carbon Bronze Pearl is the best color my car could wear (other than black)! My inspiration for selecting the color comes from here...

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0515.jpg
(source - scene-media)

Quite frankly, Grey color to me means serious business. If a Prancing Horse could look so mean in this color, why not a bloody Civic!

Quote:
- Congratulations on such a delightful purchase. May you have many, many soulful miles of driving with the Shark.
Thank you so much for your wishes! The Shark is going to stay with me forever, no matter what is added to my garage at later stages!

Quote:
- Glad to read that you got out of the diesel scare without much of a damage. And you certainly were lucky to have got the owner around who also turned out to be a thorough gentleman ! I know of a case in Mumbai where a senior colleague's Captiva was filled with petrol. The pump attendants went into a 'hota hai' mode and the owner came in and shook his head and said that his attendant informed him that the mistake was not the attendant's but the colleagues driver's as he didn't tell him what fuel type to fill and by default they filled petrol. And that he could claim it from the insurance...blah...blah ! It was towed to the GM ASC and the fellow had to spend quite a bit from his pocket to get the whole line cleaned etc. Yeah, the fuel pump owner didn't move even a little finger to help him.
Poor guy, that Captiva owner! But then, isn't this 'hota hai/chalta hai' attitude sounds so familiar in our country! Wish people were a bit more serious with their respective duties!

Quote:
- The snaps here are gorgeous.
Thanks once again! More to follow soon and on timely intervals!

Quote:
- Do keep this thread on the boil all the time. Would be keenly checking it out for the things that I want !
I will keep this thread updated regularly! Let me know what do you want and I will try my best to quench your thirst!

Quote:
- do keep chatting up with her ever so often!
Oh yeah, I keep a keen eye on our relationship! She seems to be happier in my caring hands!

Quote:
PS - from the engine bay snap I noticed that the K&N air filter was left open. Shouldn't that be better - covered ? For with more particulate matter entering the engine what with bigger pores of the K&N breather there would be a long term impact on the innards of engine - yes ?
There is a metal shield provided within the kit! It keeps the filter separated from the engine and its heat!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 3rd May 2011 at 20:57.
Old 3rd May 2011, 22:37   #163
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
8th Gen Civic is undoubtedly the best designed Civic!
Totally, man, totally. IMHO, one of the best car design ever.

Quote:

Carbon Bronze Pearl is the best color my car could wear (other than black)! My inspiration for selecting the color comes from here...
Some helluva inspiration, Ace.

Quote:
why not a bloody Civic
Ahem.

Last edited by dot : 3rd May 2011 at 22:40.
Old 3rd May 2011, 23:49   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Totally, man, totally. IMHO, one of the best car design ever.
Yep, and allow me take this opportunity to take this statement further by saying that it is one of the cleanest entry level car designs I have seen! Punto/Linea/VW Golf are couple of another examples. Civic looks so aerodynamic as if it spent a lot of time in wind tunnel! No quirkiness visible anywhere!

IMHO, we always seem to believe that exotics have some clean design flow. It is true to some extent but some exotics get a lot more attention for other reasons too (being extremely rare, loud etc). The Ferrari F430 is one classic case, and its successor, the 458 Italia being another example! Both these cars aren't the best designs around and yet, they are so much popular and are proper attention grabbers!

Thats how it works with exotics. But for regular commuter cars; clean, eye grabbing design is a luxury that most car-makers don't seem to care about! Last generation Verna, Swift Dezire, Ritz, Santro are some examples here! Weird looking cars from design perspective, yet so popular among people due to one reason or the other!

With 8th Gen Civic, Honda did such a great job at many fronts, be it the design, interiors or the engine! They created a sure hand winner which looks good on the roads even today even though it has been a bit long in the tooth now!

Even though I drive such a beautiful Civic myself, I always give a second look to other Civics on the roads too! It is that good!

Quote:
Some helluva inspiration, Ace.
Quote:
Ahem.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 3rd May 2011 at 23:55.
Old 4th May 2011, 01:57   #165
Senior - BHPian

Had an unfortunate encounter today!

I was going to one of my relatives place this afternoon in my car. There was a JCB working on a pipeline project beside the highway and I was driving slowly at around 40 kmph due to the work in progress. Suddenly, I saw a 3 inches thick iron rope coming from right side! I was taken by surprise, braked hard and steered to the left to avoid the rope hitting my car! My car stopped but the rope struck against the front bumper, bonnet, front windshield and the roof making a loud thud! The shark got bruises on the bonnet, glass and on the roof!

It really made me upset for the day and I gave a good piece of my mind to the culprit guys who released the rope without having a look at the road and the contractor on the spot! If I would have been driving a little faster, it could have been really dangerous for me!

To put a cherry on top of my cake of surprise, the contractor goes like 'koi baat nahi bhai sahab, do char chote scratches hi toh hain' (its all right dear, these are mare 2-4 minor scratches!).

I felt like punching him then and there, but had to leave since I was getting late for the original cause!

Returned to home in the evening and got back to my fav bottle of 'em all! Scratch Out...

Cleaned my car and spent 2 hours worth of my elbow grease to make the scratches fade a little! Most of them were on the clearcoat itself and are not visible anymore! But the scratches on the windshield are still there! Guess they are not curable and will be there forever!!!! I am so frustrated by the fact that despite driving carefully, it is a pain in the a** to keep the car scratch-free!

Does any one have any idea how can I remove these scratches! They are about 1 mm thick and about 2-3 inches long. I can post the pics of the scratches, if you guys wanna have a look!

Anyway, a few photos I took later that evening to cheer up myself!!!

Glimpse of a Devil in her eyes...
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-111.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-222.jpg

Glowing Engine Start button...
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-555.jpg

Tail lights with Nissan GT-R afterburner effect...

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-444.jpg

Throw of low beam HIDs on a wall...

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-333.jpg
P.S. - Note the rainbow effect on the cut-off point in FX-R projectors! Not so clear in this pic but it looks uber cool at night.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 4th May 2011 at 02:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks