Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 17:15   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

@dot,
LOL... Please give try in Pune. You should be able to source them.
Well I was able to find the Neon/CFL rings here in BLR today, but those were comparitively smaller ones than the one which is seen in the pic which i have put in your thread. He had the CFLights only in ring shape (remeber the low beam light in CIVIC almost needs a Pentagon shaped one). So I have dumped this idea of sourcing it in Bangalore as of now.

My next mod in the line would be adding a rear lip spoiler.
Was not able to source it as of now, but I'm not in a hurry either.
After the CFL thing or Projectors n the Lip spoiler, I would keep my modifications at bay for sometime.
Later If I find anything interesting, then I'll think of it.

Lip spoilers
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-12028229.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-ducktail_bk.jpg

On a Bluish Silver car.
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-hondacivic4doorsmedium3035_6.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-hondacivic4doorsmedium3035_9.jpg
Old 6th May 2011, 18:25   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I'm back to office after getting the Door Step garnish panels fitted for all 4 door steps.
They look super cool dude.
I got the ones with LED's and blue colour (looks as same as that of rr_zen), but has illumination on all 4.
Price I paid is 2100Rs including fitting.
@Ace, I spoke with Rana(New Delhi), he quoted me 2500Rs, So i thought let me try sourcing here itself. Here it's easily available, but some quote a cool 1000rs more for the same, I scouted for almost 5-6 shops & the guy where I got these panels fitted quoted the least. So fitted from his shop only.

Very happy with this GADGET
Good that you were able to source them locally for a good price. Do post the pics. I agree with you about their look! The blue color matches perfectly with Civic's blue illuminated interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
They really look super. Damn, looks like I need to drive to B'lore to get all these goodies.
Quote:
@dot,
@ dot:

As rightly pointed by sushrutha, you should be able to source them in Pune itself. Sometimes it is easy to find the things we are looking for, in our local vicinity for a better price (as sushrutha did)!

Quote:
It does look good, thats for sure; but as I have said it before, it is too minuscule for my personal taste. Nikhil's Civic wears it, here in Chandigarh.

Personally, as a next goodie, I am more keen to add an actual BMW style (dummy) Shark Fin Antenna on back of my Shark (the same that sits on Nikhil's Civic) . Check it out in these pics.
Attached Thumbnails
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-14.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-15.jpg  

Old 6th May 2011, 20:42   #183
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@dot,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
@ dot:
As rightly pointed by sushrutha, you should be able to source them in Pune itself. Sometimes it is easy to find the things we are looking for, in our local vicinity for a better price (as sushrutha did)!
Yeah, I need to move my butt around. Pune is little bit sleepy on these things. Maybe a fishing trip to Mumbai might help.

Quote:
Smashing. A subtle look, not too aggressive but very chic.

I loved the octane blue Civic pics. Never seen a 8th gen Civic in octane blue before.

Edit: @Ace, Shark Fin antenna looks cool, but IMHO, the clean look of our cars is fairly unique.

Last edited by dot : 6th May 2011 at 20:56.
Old 7th May 2011, 18:40   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Ace, Shark Fin antenna looks cool, but IMHO, the clean look of our cars is fairly unique.
but everytime I look at my car, she screams aloud, 'I am a shark, I gotta have a fin on my back!'

The Fin looks much better in flesh than in pics! But this isn't something I desperately need, so I can wait for now to fit it on my Shark.
Old 9th May 2011, 11:24   #185
Senior - BHPian

@ACE,
I'm not able to source the Rear lip spoiler here in Bangalore.
How easily is it available in Delhi/Chandigarh ?
How much does these type of spoiler retail at ?
Old 9th May 2011, 15:10   #186
BHPian

@Ace: Finally finished reading all the 13 pages.
I must say Kudos to you for all the custom additions you got in thoughtfully to enhance your Civic.
I must truly say, your lady looks lovely, sexy, mischievous, villainous and is certainy a head turner when on road. I must admit after looking at shark pics I stated liking that colour which otherwise didn't pay any heed.
Your efforts to add the mods yet keep the practicle value / comfort for your parents; this balancing act is commendable.
Still looking forward to upcoming mods; btw when are you getting the new alloys (tease) ?? (just like Hiren did sometime earlier).
Old 9th May 2011, 16:23   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but everytime I look at my car, she screams aloud, 'I am a shark, I gotta have a fin on my back!'

The Fin looks much better in flesh than in pics! But this isn't something I desperately need, so I can wait for now to fit it on my Shark.
Hi Ace, Not very sure about that move. As Shark Fin Soup is quite a delicacy all around the globe !
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 18:14   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, nice bling.

I was detered by @rr_zen's experiences on these garnish panels. So will keep a watch out for your take on their long term durability.
True. These are good to look at initially. I only hope they do not fizzle out in the long run (or should I say short run, as I had them working for hardly a few months). One piece of advice is to ensure the A.S.S guys dont spray too much water on/underneath them which is when they conk off.

Having said that, the ones shown above are different from what I had on my car. Hope they last longer.

Last edited by rr_zen : 9th May 2011 at 18:16.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 20:18   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ACE,
I'm not able to source the Rear lip spoiler here in Bangalore.
Let me check with my fellow and I will get back to you on this ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
@Ace: Finally finished reading all the 13 pages.
I must say Kudos to you for all the custom additions you got in thoughtfully to enhance your Civic.
I must truly say, your lady looks lovely, sexy, mischievous, villainous and is certainy a head turner when on road. I must admit after looking at shark pics I stated liking that colour which otherwise didn't pay any heed.
Your efforts to add the mods yet keep the practicle value / comfort for your parents; this balancing act is commendable.
Still looking forward to upcoming mods; btw when are you getting the new alloys (tease) ?? (just like Hiren did sometime earlier).
Thanks for taking the time to lurk into my thread, RemingtonSteele! I am really happy to see people coming to with encouraging words about my shark! May be I should write down my experiences with my 1st love in Canada, the Japanese 'Horsa', Mazda Millenia S.

Here is a pic of the steed, for the time being!
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc01081.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Ace, Not very sure about that move. As Shark Fin Soup is quite a delicacy all around the globe !
I agree, it is quite catchy for sure! I am not bothered about its functionality and considering it as just an aesthetic mod! Snap from GTO's S60 review is so darn delicious to look at!

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/Volv...lvo-s60-10.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
True. These are good to look at initially. I only hope they do not fizzle out in the long run (or should I say short run, as I had them working for hardly a few months).
Oh really, I thought you were quite happy with OEM ones!

Quote:
One piece of advice is to ensure the A.S.S guys dont spray too much water on/underneath them which is when they conk off.
I am always careful with these side-step garnish whenever my car goes for a wash! Thanks again for the heads up!

Quote:
Having said that, the ones shown above are different from what I had on my car. Hope they last longer.
Yep, these are not OEM but some imported stuff! Lets see how long do they last! *fingers crossed!*
Old 10th May 2011, 12:48   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey sushrutha, ducktail spoiler you are looking for, is available in Delhi for INR 2500 (without paint)! It is not ABS though, but made of glass fiber! Hope it helps.
Old 10th May 2011, 13:17   #191
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is not ABS though, but made of glass fiber! Hope it helps.
ABS part should be normally lighter than a Glass FRP part. Other than that the material of construction should not matter as the part is non-load bearing. If the surface finish is of good quality then paint job should go fine.
Old 10th May 2011, 13:21   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ABS part should be normally lighter than a Glass FRP part. Other than that the material of construction should not matter as the part is non-load bearing. If the surface finish is of good quality then paint job should go fine.
yep, thats what I thought, and the guy tells me the quality of the spoiler is very good!
Old 10th May 2011, 13:28   #193
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

May be I should write down my experiences with my 1st love in Canada, the Japanese 'Horsa', Mazda Millenia S.
Hey Ace, let me know how you are planning to write about the Mazda. Meaning, in which form. Like as a long term ownership, or in the older car thread, or as a travelogue. Not only I would be interested to know about the Mazda experiences, I might also write about my 98 Altima SE in a similar form.
Old 10th May 2011, 14:05   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh really, I thought you were quite happy with OEM ones!
Guess I was unclear in my earlier communication. I am very much happy with the OE that I have on my car now after a bad stint with the after-market ones that I had earlier.

Lesson learnt: Better to stick to Honda OEM despite them being pricey. In case of any malfunction with the OEM, I have a neck to choke now.

Quote:
I am always careful with these side-step garnish whenever my car goes for a wash!
The OE not only fares better in terms of the quality of light emitted but also in terms of insulation underneath that can keep water at bay.

Last edited by rr_zen : 10th May 2011 at 14:09.
Old 10th May 2011, 15:23   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess I was unclear in my earlier communication. I am very much happy with the OE that I have on my car now after a bad stint with the after-market ones that I had earlier.

Lesson learnt: Better to stick to Honda OEM despite them being pricey. In case of any malfunction with the OEM, I have a neck to choke now.
Oh, I thought you got the OE ones at first attempt. I didn't know earlier you had after market ones too! But it is nice to see that you are quite happy with OEM ones!

Quote:
The OE not only fares better in terms of the quality of light emitted but also in terms of insulation underneath that can keep water at bay.
Insulation is bit of a problem in aftermarket ones, but I have put in addition dose of 3M double tape underneath! About the light quality, I felt my aftermarket ones and OEM were pretty much similar!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks