Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 10:27   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Hey sushrutha, ducktail spoiler you are looking for, is available in Delhi for INR 2500 (without paint)! It is not ABS though, but made of glass fiber! Hope it helps.
Is it called ducktail spoiler or rear lip spoiler.
Duck tail spoiler is usually a rear lip spolier, but slightly extended. correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks for the pricing info.
Does these spoilers require the dicky to be drilled for the screw holes when fitting the spoilers ? Or is it just a gum type ?
I shall search in Bangalore, if I'm not able to source it here, then I know who is the man to catch for these spoilers
Old 11th May 2011, 10:42   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Is it called ducktail spoiler or rear lip spoiler.
Duck tail spoiler is usually a rear lip spolier, but slightly extended. correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks for the pricing info.
Does these spoilers require the dicky to be drilled for the screw holes when fitting the spoilers ? Or is it just a gum type ?
I shall search in Bangalore, if I'm not able to source it here, then I know who is the man to catch for these spoilers
It is known by both names in the market!

The spoiler comes with high quality 3M double tape and is stuck on the boot lid, no need to drill anything to fix it! Heavy spoilers such as Type R or even mine need to be fixed by drilling into the metal! If you want something better to fix the ducktail spoiler, use industrial strength glue, in addition to provided 3M double tape!
Old 11th May 2011, 11:20   #198
BHPian

@ace

a suggestion remove the Civic monogram and keep only the Red honda logo and type R logo

would look killer.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:43   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@ace

a suggestion remove the Civic monogram and keep only the Red honda logo and type R logo

would look killer.
Thanks for the suggestion! I myself wanted to do the same! Actually, I did the DIY at home for removing the extra badges from the bootlid, and while I was doing so, my father insisted not to remove the Civic badge! I really wanted to, but I didn't! So...
Old 11th May 2011, 13:06   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Hmm, I've seen many TBHPians (and others offline) suggesting the removal of the model name monograms.

I never liked the idea/sound of it. To me a car like that looks like a something that's been through an accident or something and has then been put together.

Of course, this is *purely* a matter of personal taste, and to each his/her own .

Regards,
spadix
Old 11th May 2011, 13:21   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Of course, this is *purely* a matter of personal taste, and to each his/her own
It sure is, spadix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Hmm, I've seen many TBHPians (and others offline) suggesting the removal of the model name monograms.

I never liked the idea/sound of it. To me a car like that looks like a something that's been through an accident or something and has then been put together.
Well, you see, the point of taking off the extra monograms is to make the particular part of the car, look a bit cleaner and less fussy! And with Indian Civic, Honda does seem to go overboard with too many badges in the back!

With my Civic, I have replicated the back looks of a Japanese Civic Type R (save for the gigantic spoiler!)!

Original Type R -
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-3325.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-thghrj.jpg

My Civic -
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-p1040874.jpg

Last edited by Ace F355 : 11th May 2011 at 13:25.
Old 11th May 2011, 13:33   #202
dot
Senior - BHPian

I must say the triangular three logo treatment at the back does look good.
Old 17th May 2011, 13:51   #203
Senior - BHPian

@ dot: Yes, it looks nice IMO! And the complete debadged look (except H logo) with a clean back won't do any harm either!

I was gone for a long long drive in my car to my paternal village... Countryside roads (should I call them 'roads'! or would that be an offense to real roads ) took their toll on my Shark and it was an experience in itself driving her in those conditions! I can apply for an award for the most careful driver taking my Shark for a spin on these roads and bringing her back without any bad news! Don't have many pictures either since I didn't have any gadget except my Moto V3 with me all these days! Some pics of the beating my car took!

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-080411_1835.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-080411_1836.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-080411_1837.jpg

- Any problems with the car returning from this tough time?

Nope, not even a single squeak! Civic's low ground clearance ghost always kept me on my toes though!

Slightly OT for this thread - During my return back, a close friend wanted to upgrade to alloys on his new Swift Dzire and I helped him doing so! Got these alloys (a set of 4) for 11K! How do they look??? (the alloys I mean; lets keep the Dzire bashing for relevant threads, shall we )

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-15052011204.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-15052011203.jpg

Brought my shark home and gave her a thorough wash to bring back her shine and glory!

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-ht.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-tgj.jpg

Pardon me for the pics quality this time! Will return back with some nice clicks once I am back from another long drive next week!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 17th May 2011 at 14:06.
Old 20th May 2011, 00:34   #204
BHPian

Finally I get a chance to reply here, I had been following this thread for a long time now however my membership just got approved.

I so envy you, Civic had always been my dream, I had spent over a year searching the market to buy a pre-owned civic and a good piece at that. I used to visit this site every day following all Civic threads and reading all the things Civic owners had posted and the upgrades, etc, you name it and I have read it on this forum. However the beauty that you have made out of this car beats every other by a long margin (my personal opinion and I mean no offence to anyone). I so wanted to own one, first I wanted it in the purple color and then I shifted to liking the white one and after looking at your beauty of a car I wanted the same color. Took me ages to arrange the finance to own a pre-owned one and then came the blast of the new petrol prices and here I am sitting and wondering what a dream it had been, factoring a new plan by the wifey to purchase a house and put all the arranged cash there and maybe buy a big car after a year or two.

Well what say do you have in front of the commander at home, so I had to give in. However this dream will always remain with me and I sure want to congratulate you on the great care and adornments that you have showered on your Grey Shark. I absolutely love everything about it, from the red angel eyes to the R-Type bumpers and side skirts to the awesome looking tail lamps. This car screams for attention and what is even more beautiful is that it does it in such an elegant way and yet is so 'in the face'. One of the best modded Civics I have seen in a while. Add GTO's audio set-up to this and this would be what I had always dreamt of and wanted my Civic to be.

I am a regular follower of this thread, so please carry on the way you are doing right now and I promise to drop in a comment every now and then. I just love the way you love your Civic and I'm, absolutely in awe of it

Last edited by manson : 20th May 2011 at 00:50.
Old 20th May 2011, 15:39   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
Finally I get a chance to reply here, I had been following this thread for a long time now however my membership just got approved.
Congratulations on your membership approval and let me welcome you to India's largest petrolhead community, iFuel! You have a pleasant stay here.

Quote:
I used to visit this site every day following all Civic threads and reading all the things Civic owners had posted and the upgrades, etc, you name it and I have read it on this forum.
Aha... now we are talking! Since you have been on this forum long enough as a guest, you can easily imagine most members are likewise here! We petrolheads are nuts, aren't we!

Quote:
However the beauty that you have made out of this car beats every other by a long margin (my personal opinion and I mean no offence to anyone).
Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you liked my car and the modifications! There are many good looking Civics on this forum itself on which even I used to drool upon before I brought my Shark home! Its funny how time changes and now, my car is drooled upon.

Quote:
I so wanted to own one, first I wanted it in the purple color and then I shifted to liking the white one and after looking at your beauty of a car I wanted the same color.
Victim of Civic's color quotient, eh! Actually, 8th Generation Civic is one rare car that looks good in any color it wears! Trust me on this; you find a pre-worshipped Civic, pick it up and customize it upto your taste, and it will turn heads where ever it goes!

a few such examples from Team BHP itself (pics from respective owner's threads and gallery halls) -

Jesal's purple passion:
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-1.jpg

captainsokhi's Silver beauty:
Name:  6.jpg
Views: 2491
Size:  104.4 KB

cinclaturbo's black beast:
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-2.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-i6879.jpg

m4ugr8's and iTNerd's white ladies:
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-3.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-4.jpg

Dinu2506's redhead girl (with an awesome piece of ICE):
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-5.jpg

dot's bluish silver lady:
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-7.jpg

And many many more are there...... Civic is such a wonderful looking thing on roads, even after 5 years of its launch in India!

Quote:
Took me ages to arrange the finance to own a pre-owned one and then came the blast of the new petrol prices and here I am sitting and wondering what a dream it had been, factoring a new plan by the wifey to purchase a house and put all the arranged cash there and maybe buy a big car after a year or two. Well what say do you have in front of the commander at home, so I had to give in.
I know, I am enjoying the fruits of being bachelor!

And about owning a petrol vs diesel car, thats the dilemma many have been into. As a matter of fact, I was suggested by countless number of family friends and relatives to buy a diesel!

Why didn't I go for an oil burner, then? Well, here is why...

- Low annual running of my car. So, petrol preferred.

- Rev happy nature of petrol cars, since at times, I enjoy revving the nuts off the engine!

- High NVH levels of diesel cars! I want a car, not a damn tractor with gddd gdddddddd gddddddddddddd sound coming from under the hood!

- Longer engine life of petrol cars since I tend to keep things with me till they fall apart!

- Lastly, petrol price is bound to go up and up only, isn't it! So, I want to have my share of fun before the times comes when I am not able to afford it anymore! We live only once, damn it!

Diesel car, may be next time but the Shark will be with me, always!

Quote:
However this dream will always remain with me and I sure want to congratulate you on the great care and adornments that you have showered on your Grey Shark. I absolutely love everything about it, from the red angel eyes to the R-Type bumpers and side skirts to the awesome looking tail lamps. This car screams for attention and what is even more beautiful is that it does it in such an elegant way and yet is so 'in the face'. One of the best modded Civics I have seen in a while.
Thanks once again for the appreciation!

Let me tell you something, my dear friend. You say, this will be your dream always; and I say, work towards it and your dream will be a reality very soon! I look forward to see your Civic's ownership thread and the mods following soon afterwards!

Quote:
I so envy you, Civic had always been my dream, I had spent over a year searching the market to buy a pre-owned civic and a good piece at that.
I see your location as Chandigarh as well as Delhi. Want an advise! Try NCR market for pre-owned Civics! More to choose from and competitive pricing! Chandigarh Civics will be a bit more neat and well maintained but asking prices are ridiculous sometimes! Best of luck for finding your very own Civic.

Quote:
Add GTO's audio set-up to this and this would be what I had always dreamt of and wanted my Civic to be.
Ah, the great ICE bug that makes people start with a budget of INR 20,000 and leaves them poorer by INR 200,000! lol.

It has crawled on my skin many a times but I resist the temptation! I would rather save that money for now and put it towards turbo-charging my Shark at later stages! ICE isn't my priority at the moment! I enjoy the growl of that 1.8 litre iVTEC.

Good luck with ICE upgradations in your car though!

Quote:
I am a regular follower of this thread, so please carry on the way you are doing right now and I promise to drop in a comment every now and then. I just love the way you love your Civic and I'm, absolutely in awe of it
Thank you! Keep lurking and I look forward for your further comments, suggestions and queries. Just out of curiosity, what do you drive at the moment? (EDIT: Just saw you own a Hyundai Accent, Honda City and our very own, humble Tata Indica! Got a taste of Far East, have you? Come on dude, Europe and America have their side of fun too... *wink wink*)

Take care, drive hard and drive safe!

Ace

Last edited by Ace F355 : 20th May 2011 at 16:00.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 19:15   #206
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took me ages to arrange the finance to own a pre-owned one and then came the blast of the new petrol prices and here I am sitting and wondering what a dream it had been,
@iFuel, Congratulations on the membership.

Dont let the dream die. If I were you, I would consolidate and buy a pre-owned Civic at the first chance. As @Ace showed us, your part of the country is blessed with the lowest prices. What an opportunity. Petrol prices high or not, owning a Civic is for the soul. After all, why are we earning? For enjoying retirement? or during the journey?

I am not telling that one should be reckless. All I am telling if the decision is hinged by a matter of a couple of thousands, it should tilt towards the car.

@Ace, Thanks for putting up the Scorponok in a hallowed company of exceedingly beautiful Civics of the country. As we discussed sometime back, I still turn to look at a passing Civic and then wonder, am I really driving one? Wow!

Last edited by dot : 20th May 2011 at 19:19.
Old 21st May 2011, 15:24   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a few such examples from Team BHP itself (pics from respective owner's threads and gallery halls) -
Wow, wow, wowieee ! Now that sure is a gallery of scrumptious ladies. Sure got the Admiral's pyjamas in knots and left him panting.
Congrats to all the owners.
Quote:
I want a car, not a damn tractor with gddd gdddddddd gddddddddddddd sound coming from under the hood!
Say - you feel like that only about D cars or other kinds of D vehicles too ?
Could you please step out into the alley - would like to have a quiet word with you ! Tractor huh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
owning a Civic is for the soul.
Ummm...dot ? Tell me, you mean to say there is nothing else on the road for the soul ? Or are you saying the rest of the things that run on wheels are soul-less ? Or that chaps driving them are bereft of any soul ?

I want you to con-soul me for having bought a..! Aw shucks.
Old 21st May 2011, 16:50   #208
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Ummm...dot ? Tell me, you mean to say there is nothing else on the road for the soul ? Or are you saying the rest of the things that run on wheels are soul-less ? Or that chaps driving them are bereft of any soul ?

I want you to con-soul me for having bought a..! Aw shucks.
Hmm, firstly you are fortunate enough to acknowledge that you have a soul. As they say, first component of any healing is acceptance.

Secondly dont you think, our souls are magnanimous enough to accept more than one set of wheels, we dont need horcruxes for that, you soul-ger of Fortune.

Last edited by dot : 21st May 2011 at 16:52.
Old 21st May 2011, 21:01   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Hmm, firstly you are fortunate enough to acknowledge that you have a soul. As they say, first component of any healing is acceptance.

Secondly dont you think, our souls are magnanimous enough to accept more than one set of wheels, we dont need horcruxes for that, you soul-ger of Fortune.
Hmmm...let me chew on that soulful explanation of what you feel is a 'soul-ution' to the Q I raised. No harm in considering it as a possible way of soul-ace for me - looking at it.
And before the owner of this thread Ace walks in here and throws me out I better be going...
(Pssst - I challenged him to a duel outside this room, for having said something unpardonable about diesel engines (the salt of the earth), he hasn't shown up yet...snicker, snicker !)
Old 21st May 2011, 21:37   #210
Senior - BHPian

Sorry wrongly posted something here which should have belonged to another thread ! My apologies.

Last edited by Guderian : 21st May 2011 at 21:42.

Most Viewed