Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2011, 00:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Sweeeeet

Both my wife as well as me love this colour and have made up our minds that this would be the colour of our next car. 7.5 is really cheap for a car of this segment and that too for a 2007 model. These are some of the reasons why I am not too happy being in Bangalore and miss Haryana. Infact I had also seen a 2007 model civic going for around 8.5 lacs, and that was when i was looking around for the second car in 2009 for my wife.

And the mods go well with the car and colour
Old 21st February 2011, 00:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Simply awesome.! A real feast for the eyes. The second shot from the second lot stands out.
Old 21st February 2011, 00:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
One of the few Civics that look good and mature even after a make over. It thankfully does not have a ricer look to it. I strongly suggest that you change the rubber and alloys to something more alluring and fill the wheel arches. The alloys should be contrasting to the black by which I mean a bright silver or bronze finish. Do a photoshop session before putting your money into it.
Agree with you completely. I have money in place for alloys, but I really wish I could upgrade them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
car looks great. love the rear lights. congratulations on the sweet ride.
Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The smoked headlamps and tailights are just smoking hot. Completely changes the look of the car and with so many Civic's on the roads, some kind of personalisation is needed to make your Civic stand out. Congratulations mate. Have fun with your Grey Shark !!
Yep, everytime I pass by, I know many eyes are staring at my Civic! There were a couple of Civic owners in Chandigarh who asked me in detail about the mods done! I want to do some performance mods too, unfortunately don't have time right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
The headlamps and tail lamps do look good. In my opinion the red color in headlamps (parking lights) could be mistaken for tail lamps and hence be dangerous.
Thanks alto99. I really like the shade on your car too! IMHO, it will be hard to misunderstand the angel eyes as tail lamps during daylight or during dusk! It could be the case during night but then, projector low/high beam will overpower the red angel eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Sweeeeet

Both my wife as well as me love this colour and have made up our minds that this would be the colour of our next car. 7.5 is really cheap for a car of this segment and that too for a 2007 model. These are some of the reasons why I am not too happy being in Bangalore and miss Haryana. Infact I had also seen a 2007 model civic going for around 8.5 lacs, and that was when i was looking around for the second car in 2009 for my wife.

And the mods go well with the car and colour
Thank you thedreamcatcher. I like this color because it doesn't look dirty very soon! Black remains my favorite, however! But I will need someone to clean it for me everytime I go for a drive! I just can't drive a dirty car!

and BTW, my car has costed me 7 lacs inclusive of all mods so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Simply awesome.! A real feast for the eyes. The second shot from the second lot stands out.
Thanks poloman! I am glad your liked my clicks!

Here is what would have been perfect set of alloys (picture from google) for my car!!! Sighhhhhh...
Attached Thumbnails
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-1.jpg  

Last edited by Ace F355 : 21st February 2011 at 00:34.
Old 21st February 2011, 12:36   #19
BANNED

Hey Ace -

Close to 6K Kms in a month of ownership, going great guns man.
Congratulations for owing the GREY SHARK, wishing you many a happy miles with it.

Happy Motoring!!
Old 21st February 2011, 15:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ace F355,

Congratulation on your Honda civic, you bought the car at very good price. The pictures are awesome(which DSLR?). I love the mods you have done to your car, wishing to do same on my ANHC after my parents approval.

BTW - i am too from Jind.

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st February 2011 at 15:18.
Old 21st February 2011, 15:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Hey Ace -

Close to 6K Kms in a month of ownership, going great guns man.
Congratulations for owing the GREY SHARK, wishing you many a happy miles with it.

Happy Motoring!!
Thanks for the wishes Torquedo! I know I spend a lot of time in my car... . I drive hard and this thing loves to be driven hard! We surely complement each other well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi Ace F355,

Congratulation on your Honda civic, you bought the car at very good price. The pictures are awesome(which DSLR?). I love the mods you have done to your car, wishing to do same on my ANHC after my parents approval.

BTW - i am too from Jind.
Nice to bump into you Bluevolt! Drop me a PM whenever you are in town and we can catch up! What color your ANHC is?

I use Panasonic DMC-L1K for photography! I know I know it is old but I love its timeless design!
Old 21st February 2011, 17:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Drop me a PM whenever you are in town and we can catch up! What color your ANHC is?
Sure buddy.

I have Habanero red pearl Honda city bought in oct 2010. In fact i was much interested in black color but parents disagreed as we already have a black wagonr and karizma at home.

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st February 2011 at 17:44.
Old 21st February 2011, 18:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thats a great looking car you have ! Congrats on your buy and you seemed to have covered within a month, 3 times of the distance that I have managed to cover in 11 months.

Would like to know if the spoiler you have installed is OEM and where you sourced it from. I am keen on a spoiler for my Civic as well but if it is from the Honda dealer it sets you back by about 20k.
Old 21st February 2011, 18:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Sure buddy.

I have Habanero red pearl Honda city bought in oct 2010. In fact i was much interested in black color but parents disagreed as we already have a black wagonr and karizma at home.
Cool. How is your experience with Honda so far? Where do you get it serviced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Thats a great looking car you have ! Congrats on your buy and you seemed to have covered within a month, 3 times of the distance that I have managed to cover in 11 months.

Would like to know if the spoiler you have installed is OEM and where you sourced it from. I am keen on a spoiler for my Civic as well but if it is from the Honda dealer it sets you back by about 20k.
I am enjoying my Civic as much as I can!

About the spoiler, it isn't OEM but its replica! However, it is of really good quality and no one can make out if it is not OEM! Procured it through 'Driven' in New Delhi for INR 4500, paint costed me another INR 1500! Here is a close up pic!
Attached Thumbnails
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-p1040507.jpg  

Old 21st February 2011, 18:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Cool. How is your experience with Honda so far? Where do you get it serviced?
I am very much happy with both sales and service department with Honda SVC. I bought my car from Ring Road Honda, peeragarhi, and the showroom/SVC people are very courteous and listen to customer's request/requirements pretty eagerly.
Old 21st February 2011, 19:02   #26
BHPian

Congrats on you new civic ACE!

one word! WOW!

smoked lamps and angel eye look awesome!
Old 21st February 2011, 19:27   #27
BANNED

Congratulations! This one is a looker. The smoked taillights look really good. What is the mileage you are getting? My friend owns a 3 year old civic and is very displeased with the mileage.
PS- keep clicking many more pictures!
Old 21st February 2011, 21:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Looks wonderful ! Love the lamps.

Sunfilm? Also, consider removing all the badges in the rear except the H logo
Old 22nd February 2011, 08:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ace,

A big congrats on the mean machine. The colour looks awesome, a typical gangsta look. The headlamps give the beast a mean look. I was simply going over the pics for some time, absolutely drool worthy. Take good care of the beast and pls sometime let the beast go on a free run. Remember its a sin to tame such a beast.

Happy mile crunching, drive safely, and wear seta belts.

BTW I dont think it can be called a grey shark but a black panther maybe.
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:32   #30
BHPian

@ACE F355, This is a nice write-up. The civic looks too good in this colour. You are lucky to own one.

I always wanted to own this car as this is one of my favourites. When I am blessed with some Vitamin M, I would get one for myself probably a pre-workshipped, like GTO's civic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks