Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2011, 01:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
TBH your car looks darker than it actually is in the pics, smoking hot nonetheless.
The darkness of color is due to light and contrast settings of my camera, I believe!

Quote:
335i! Now thats a car to drive. How different does it feel compared to our Civic?
Of course the power is on a totally different level and its also a RWD, but still.
Aha… comparing a 300BHP twin turbo BMW to our mortal Civic!!! It is not an easy task, I am telling you!

335i is a legend in terms of handling IMO. Being a coupe, it looks aggressive and well planted from outside. Interior is what you will find in most Beemers, classy and elegant. Somehow, I find it a bit boring compared to the futuristic cockpit of our Civic. Civic feels like as if it came straight out of star wars!

Engine on the Beemer loves to rev, just like our i-Vtec. The first time I drove this car, I was completely astonished by the performance of turbo chargers. There is virtually no turbo lag, given the sequential turbo setup. This inline 6 cylinder 3.0 litre beast growls nicely and oodles plenty of power and torque at any given revs. My friend’s car is a manual (thankfully) and is a joy to drive this car! It is a rocket and 0-100 kmph is less than half of our Civic timings.

Honestly, I am yet to drive a better handler than this thing. I hate the fact the Saskatchewan is so plain with 1000s of kms long straight freeways. Because to me, this car begs to be pushed into sharp corners and hairpin turns.

However, trust me on this, Civic isn’t a bad car either to handle in twisty roads. Put in better rubber and car behaves really well. Personally, I love the hint of understeer in our Civic but I have tried it myself, if you push the car into the corners, it is the back end that slightly comes out first. This is surprising because the car is heavy on the front and is FWD. Tells you something about this beautifully sorted chassis!

Anyway, here is a bummer! My friend is selling his ‘07 335i for a bloody $30,000 !!! Man, how I wish we could buy used 335i in India for that kind of price!

Here is a pic of his car I took in December! Sorry for the pic quality as I took it with my Moto Razr V3.
Attached Thumbnails
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-0302201103454.jpg  

Last edited by Ace F355 : 13th March 2011 at 02:17.
Old 14th March 2011, 19:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Thanks for the link dot, I ordered the steering wheel emblem with the help of one of my local friend here only.

ah, is this the website you are talking about? I hope it is them.
Civic 2007-9 (FD) -

One of my friend ordered front and back emblems from them and they peeled off within a month. So, I am really skeptical about the quality of their products. Will see how these 'genuine' ebay stuff turn out to be!

Thanks for the encouraging words about 16" alloys, Jatin. I will surely look into available options after returning back to India. I know stock alloys don't seem to go with the overall appearance of the car, especially when I am getting so much of this 'Type R' stuff, but honestly they aren't too bad either. About the tints, Thanks for the suggestion but I personally don't like them. And Civic's glass are already tinted(?) (light green).
I got mugen and RR logos from them and have got no problems till now.
Old 14th March 2011, 20:40   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
I got mugen and RR logos from them and have got no problems till now.
Hey cityvic, any pics of those emblems on your car? Unlike you, my experience with their stuff wasn't very satisfying.
Old 14th March 2011, 21:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mpower. Yep, I remember seeing your Civic in ICE section. How is your 'H' treating you?

Not sure about the grill but grill from Si will surely unique if fitted. And I wonder if the front bumber from current facelift Indian Civic will fit on to my car? New bumber gives the car a lot more planted look IMO. Will my stock fog lights be transferable?

Don't know if I should put query in ICE section, I am contemplating to buy a set of components if I can buy it cheaper here in NA. Any pointers? I usually listen to Classic Rock, or sometimes Trance and Hip Hop.

Do post a comprehensive review of your Civic as well. You are a moderator, you guys are known to take the initiative.
Car's running like a dream. Its actually my parents car and I've driven it only briefly during my visits and hence no review.

Bumper should fit but not sure about the fogs. But IMO its more worth spending on a skirting kit.

I liked the Infy 6030 but a lot depends on listening taste and budget. Also ended up adding a Infy subwoofer....a must if you are into hip-hop.
Old 14th March 2011, 22:21   #65
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh really, when we were working on preparing my headlight, I realized new and old headlights are exactly the same. Why would any one need to change the bumper for the same??? I will ask the Honda spare part guy to clear this up for me.
Do let us know about this aspect since some more folks here had the same question. Sometimes in Pune, people would simply say so and so is not possible just out of sheer lazyness.

Quote:
My doors and trunk lid are already damped.
Results

2. Mid bass response from stock ICE has improved. But still I feel I could throw in a good set of components.
Same observation. A mild rattle has also gone away. I have installed Dynamat Extreme, one sheet on each door. Anyways, my needs are met by this simple mod.

Quote:
However, trust me on this, Civic isn’t a bad car either to handle in twisty roads. Put in better rubber and car behaves really well. Personally, I love the hint of understeer in our Civic but I have tried it myself, if you push the car into the corners, it is the back end that slightly comes out first. This is surprising because the car is heavy on the front and is FWD. Tells you something about this beautifully sorted chassis!
Yesterday, at the TBHP meet, had a good chance to do this. Steering gives a super feedback and car feels planted at sharp twisties at 60-70 kmph. Engine is hardly stressed, in fact not at all. Could not go faster as we were in a TBHP convey.

Also looking forward to the DIY pictures of the start stop button!

Last edited by dot : 14th March 2011 at 22:23.
Old 15th March 2011, 01:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey cityvic, any pics of those emblems on your car? Unlike you, my experience with their stuff wasn't very satisfying.
Yup check out my garage.
I was surprised by the way how well they pack it.
It comes in a sealed pouch.It all also has plastic sticker on the badge to prevent it from getting scratched before being put somewhere.
In april I'm also getting red logos for the rear and front from r styles as a friend would be visiting bangkok.
Contact M4UGR8 or Awesome0613 both use R Style to get their mugen stuff.
Old 15th March 2011, 13:17   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The darkness of color is due to light and contrast settings of my camera, I believe!

Aha… comparing a 300BHP twin turbo BMW to our mortal Civic!!! It is not an easy task, I am telling you!
Lovely, thanks for this.
Could not agree more when it comes to Civic'c interiors, the car still manages to take my breath away after all these year. I've always had a thing for cars with white or blue interior lighting. Never liked the red/amber back lighting,though its a lot more prevalent.
Old 15th March 2011, 22:11   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Bumper should fit but not sure about the fogs. But IMO its more worth spending on a skirting kit.
I will try to find a good front skirt upto my taste after reaching home on April 2nd. Mugen and other body kits have front skirts that look too bulky at first glance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Do let us know about this aspect since some more folks here had the same question. Sometimes in Pune, people would simply say so and so is not possible just out of sheer lazyness.
Sure, will keep you guys posted about the bumper issue. or as Mpower suggested, I might go for a front skirt if I find an appropriate one!

Quote:
Same observation. A mild rattle has also gone away. I have installed Dynamat Extreme, one sheet on each door. Anyways, my needs are met by this simple mod.
Yep, I also had one such observation in my car. With my stock music system set at full bass, there seemed to be a small rattle from doors. This rattle is due to a loosen up small plastic cover behind the door opening lever. I put a small piece of tape on this plastic cover on all four doors and its gone!

Quote:
Yesterday, at the TBHP meet, had a good chance to do this. Steering gives a super feedback and car feels planted at sharp twisties at 60-70 kmph. Engine is hardly stressed, in fact not at all. Could not go faster as we were in a TBHP convey.
I truly believe this steering is one of the best units below 20-25 lacs category!

Quote:
Also looking forward to the DIY pictures of the start stop button!
Sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Yup check out my garage.
Contact M4UGR8 or Awesome0613 both use R Style to get their mugen stuff.
Cool, I will keep them in mind next time I need to order something like that!

Quote:
Lovely, thanks for this.
Could not agree more when it comes to Civic'c interiors, the car still manages to take my breath away after all these year. I've always had a thing for cars with white or blue interior lighting. Never liked the red/amber back lighting,though its a lot more prevalent.
I think it varies from car to car! in case of Beemers, they seem to have a very similar interior theme going on through out the range!
Old 16th March 2011, 13:16   #69
BHPian

@ACE

no offence but i found the steering of cedia much better in terms of response and feedback as comapred to civic.

But none the less Civic steering is also good.
Old 16th March 2011, 13:31   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@ACE

no offence but i found the steering of cedia much better in terms of response and feedback as comapred to civic.

But none the less Civic steering is also good.
Oh no doubt, Cedia's momo steering is chunky and beautiful. But thats why I said in my post, Civic's is one of the best. Honestly, I have driven Cedia only thrice, so I can not comment much on steering feedback at high speeds, but the steering on Civic is just so lively and gives so much feedback to the driver! I love it.
Old 17th March 2011, 05:38   #71
Senior - BHPian

Just received the first parcel from ProCivic. The front and back Type R emblems from Honda. Look at the seer quality.

I paid CAD 114 at ProCivic and had to pay CAD 35 as custom duty on them!!! But god almighty, these are genuine Honda parts and surely the best emblems you can get for your Civic. Now am waiting for other stuff to arrive...

PS: Please note the Bose iPod dock I won in a contest last Sunday in Vancouver!
Attached Thumbnails
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-p1040583.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-p1040589.jpg  

Old 17th March 2011, 06:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hello my fellow Team bhp-ians,

I bought myself a pre-owned Honda Civic (nicknamed – Grey Shark) on 18th January 2011. I know it is a bit late but better late than never! lol. This is my first thread on Team BHP, I will make sure I update it with tons of info and pictures!

Anyway, details of my Shark:
Year of make/Model – September 2007, Honda Civic V/MT
Color – Carbon Bronze Pearl
Date bought – 18/01/2011
Time taken to search ‘my’ car – 3 days
Mileage on the odometer when bought – 34,900 kms
Odometer reading as of today – 40,350 kms
Single owner and Haryana registered

Personalization done
1. Smoked tail lights installed
2. Angel eyes with Bi-Xenon HIDs fitted into projector headlights
3. Honda rear spoiler installed

Moolah spent so far – 6.5 Lacs (car itself) + 13,000 (Refurbishing the exterior/interior) + 26,000 (head/tail lights ~ bought from fellow bhp-ian pranav7) + 6,000 (Rear Spoiler) = 7.0 Lacs

So, how does my Shark look? See it for yourself...
Congratulations bud. So you are back in India now? I am planning to move back to Vancouver. My Sask fever is getting over now .
Old 17th March 2011, 06:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullRock View Post
Congratulations bud. So you are back in India now? I am planning to move back to Vancouver. My Sask fever is getting over now .
Hey NullRock. Long time no see... how are you doing? Thanks for your wishes. Actually, I am in S'toon right now. I am done with my degree (and Canada, pretty much ) and am moving back to India on April 1st. I was in India since January this year and came back to Canada on March 2nd.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 17th March 2011 at 06:35.
Old 17th March 2011, 07:05   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought myself a pre-owned Honda Civic (nicknamed – Grey Shark) on 18th January 2011. I know it is a bit late but better late than never! lol.

Personalization done
1. Smoked tail lights installed
2. Angel eyes with Bi-Xenon HIDs fitted into projector headlights
3. Honda rear spoiler installed
Ace, that's an absolutely stunning looking Civic there.

When I saw your thread yesterday, I was so stunned by the beauty of your Civic that I immediately started searching for a pre-owned car in Chennai and forgot to reply to this thread. I was controlling my urge all these days even though I was hell-bent on stretching my finances and getting one for myself. But, this time, your car beat me. Yes, seriously, you have advanced my search for a pre-owned Civic by atleast one year.

Awesome car, awesome pics, keep it going.
Old 17th March 2011, 09:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Ace, that's an absolutely stunning looking Civic there.

When I saw your thread yesterday, I was so stunned by the beauty of your Civic that I immediately started searching for a pre-owned car in Chennai and forgot to reply to this thread. I was controlling my urge all these days even though I was hell-bent on stretching my finances and getting one for myself. But, this time, your car beat me. Yes, seriously, you have advanced my search for a pre-owned Civic by atleast one year.

Awesome car, awesome pics, keep it going.
Thanks for the kind words arvi86. Go through your local newspaper classifieds, used car websites, pre-owned car dealers and you should be able to locate the car you always wanted to own!

My advice - Stick to Team BHP's guide for buying used cars. Good luck in finding a Civic of your dreams!

My Shark needs a lot of personalization to be done on my part. I will keep this thread alive with more and more info and pictures! Keep lurking!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks