Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 16:03   #256
dot
Senior - BHPian

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Absolutely.
That's why I have chosen the Mini H1 Morimoto Projectors, It's just a retrofit, no cutting no slicing no drilling, almost Plug n play projectors.
I was just reading your post on the "Headlamps for Vento" thread. Now you are giving me some friday afternoon ideas.

Edit: @Ace, sorry man, we are shamelessly using your thread on these niceties specially when the Shark is going through tough times.

Last edited by dot : 24th June 2011 at 16:05.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 16:16   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
I was just reading your post on the "Headlamps for Vento" thread. Now you are giving me some friday afternoon ideas.
Aren't those ideas tempting and addictive buddy ?

Y Am I opting for Projectors+ Fogs ?
NH-48, where I travel almost every alternate weekend(sometimes even every weekend ;-) a total of 250*2 kms) is being totally convereted into a 6 lane Express highway (Prev 2 lane), most of the time, I suffer from very low light in low beams, becuase the lane is quite wide and visibility is quite poor, so projectors will give an excellent beam(wide) & brightness with cutoff, this definetely increases the driveability.

An to top it the BLING BLING factor ;-)

Fogs Because, this will definetely add more visibility, but not a distant one.
I mostly travel to my native between 7-10pm & return journey by 5am, I face a lot of fog issues on the road while driving . So fog would definetely serve the purpose for me.

Quote:
Edit: @Ace, sorry man, we are shamelessly using your thread on these niceties specially when the Shark is going through tough times
Right now that's the best way to distract ACE from the bad times he is going through

Last edited by sushrutha : 24th June 2011 at 16:18.
Old 24th June 2011, 16:50   #258
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Y Am I opting for Projectors+ Fogs ?
NH-48, where I travel almost every alternate weekend(sometimes even every weekend ;-) a total of 250*2 kms) is being totally convereted into a 6 lane Express highway (Prev 2 lane), most of the time, I suffer from very low light in low beams,

Fogs Because, this will definetely add more visibility, but not a distant one.
I mostly travel to my native between 7-10pm & return journey by 5am, I face a lot of fog issues on the road while driving . So fog would definetely serve the purpose for me.
I can totally appreciate this.

A recent example,
It was raining heavily during the Pune Mumbai mega meet. We were driving on the 4-laned NH4. Scorpo's high beam and fogs were on.

@jealousdiamond, who was sitting alongside, suddenly asked me why are the lights switched off?

I think you can understand the situation.

One quick question. When you install Morimoto on the low beam housing, the reflector stays intact as it was before, right?
Old 24th June 2011, 17:02   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One quick question. When you install Morimoto on the low beam housing, the reflector stays intact as it was before, right?
Yep, I'm going to keep the reflector stock.
This helps when I want my headlamps to be reveresed from Projectors to stock.(IFF required)

One can either cut or paint the reflector , Painting would enhance the look of the headlamp assembly.
Old 24th June 2011, 22:20   #260
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This helps when I want my headlamps to be reveresed from Projectors to stock.(IFF required)
That is a good idea, just in cases.

I am keenly awaiting Concorde's new eyes. Do post the installation and final pictures. Who knows, Concorde may find a same color twin in Pune.
Old 24th June 2011, 23:04   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

One can either cut or paint the reflector , Painting would enhance the look of the headlamp assembly.
Quote:

I am keenly awaiting Concorde's new eyes. Do post the installation and final pictures. Who knows, Concorde may find a same color twin in Pune.
Add one more in Chennai too. After checking the links given by sushrutha, I am seriously considering that option for my Civic too.
Old 24th June 2011, 23:09   #262
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Add one more in Chennai too. After checking the links given by sushrutha, I am seriously considering that option for my Civic too.
Hmm, silver-blue triplets, separated by VIN numbers and joined by NH4.

I am just trying to imagine how the projectors will look with reflectors around it.
Old 27th June 2011, 11:24   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sure, I'll do it the moment I fix those Projectors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Let me first fix these Projectors and based on the output of the projectors You take a call. I shall update on this in a couple of weeks (Will be receiving them only on 11 July 2011).
This will certainly add the looks in one's Vehicle.

Quote:
Hmm, silver-blue triplets, separated by VIN numbers and joined by NH4.

I am just trying to imagine how the projectors will look with reflectors around it.
Yep, If everything goes well and if you'll go with, then we should meet somewhere someday ;-)
Those Bluish Silver triplets
Well I don't have a Particular pic of the projectors fitted only in Low beam now, Whatever I have let me add them here .
This is on US version Civic with Morimoto's in low beam. Headlamps have been smoked.
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-8civicretrofitl.jpg

Morimoto's on an Altis
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-altis22.jpg

Quad Bi-Xenon Projectors. FX-R projectors in low beam and Highbeam has Morimots
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-fxrnh1mini.jpg

Headlamps smoked in JDM Civic (here in Bangalore). The quality is just amazing.
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-250520113070.jpg

This is exactly how I want my Civic too look.. But, I may not go with the Projectors on the highbeam reflectors. Will think of CCFL rings for sure
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-quad8th12.jpg
These doesn't look like Angel eyes, they look like King Cobra Eyes ... KILLER LOOKS ... I love them.

Ohh .. by the way I have added DRL(Day running Lights for my CIVIC), I don't have a pic of my car as of now, This is how they look , but not as long as these one's slightly shorter one's with 8 Led's. They look good too.
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-drl.jpg
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 12:22   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
I came down to my car this morning, just to see that someone had scratched the car really badly with some sharp thing! It is scratched almost everywhere; bootlid, quarter panels, doors and the bonnet! I feel like beating the sh*t out of the person in case I find him, I swear!
Quote:
I feel really upset to hear the vandalism. It is very easy for me to write a consolation, but it cannot reduce the suffering of the owner. It is not about money, it feels like rape. .
This is really sad. I can totally understand your anger and pain. Last year the same happened to me. Some %^&*$!#& scratched my barely 15 days old SX4 Zxi all over. The lunatic scratched it on all four doors and the bonnet with a sharp object. dot rightly said that one does feel raped in this situation. Its very difficult to see your beloved car vandalized. Similar to your case, the bad days of my car didnt end there itself. after a month or so, some lady rear ended my car very badly, totally fudging up the bumper in the process. . Not to mention the car got stuck in wast deep water during last years monsoons, totally damaging the ECM, power steering, airbag, abs, power windows etc raking a bill of 70k. The whole episode left me heartbroken.

But trust me, now that all the necessary parts are fixed and repainted, it seems that the nightmare never happened. Ill advise you the same, get your shark repainted and move on. As a precaution do install a car alarm. Best of luck.
Zero Cool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 13:56   #265
Senior - BHPian

Ouch! Your poor car's been through a *lot*!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Not to mention the car got stuck in wast deep water during last years monsoons, totally damaging the ECM, power steering, airbag, abs, power windows etc raking a bill of 70k. The whole episode left me heartbroken.
How did this happen? Did water enter your building's parking lot or something?

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 18:33   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post

How did this happen? Did water enter your building's parking lot or something?

Regards,
spadix
I went to south extension for some work. parked my car outside in the lane next to a school wall. It had just started drizzling. when I came back 2 hours later.....I needed a boat to get to my car! My car was stuck in waist deep water!!! The car was flooded inside as well. I pushed the car out of the water, and decanted most of the water with my hands. Took me almost 2 hours to do that. After that when I started the car the power steering was dead, so was the power windows and the Airbag light lit up on the dashboard. Trust me SX4 is a damn heavy car to drive without the eps, that also in bumper to bumper traffic thanks to the rains and water-logging. Next day when i checked my car there was a burning smell in the car. Called Maruti and they told me that something was getting shot in the car's electrics and hence as a safety measure disconnected the battery. It was heart breaking to watch my car get towed. As I said earlier the whole electrics of the car had gone kaput. Bill came to about 70K!!! maruti did not offer any warranty whatsoever. In a city like Bombay which gets flooded very year this maybe understandable but not in Delhi for Christ's sake. They said that I was smart enough to push the car out of the water first and then start the engine otherwise another 1L would have mounted as damages. Luckily the insurance took most of the hit for the damages and I had to pay only 17K. Getting the bumper fixed and the rest of the body cost me another 5K. I was lucky here as the workshop was recommended to me and I had to pay only a fraction of what otherwise would have been charged to me elsewhere.

But after the whole ordeal, Now almost after 10 months when I look at my car, drive her.... I feel as if nothing ever happened.

Hence my advice to Ace, get the shark fixed and forget the nightmare. I know it is difficult but when your car is all new and shiny once again it is easy to forget the bad times and enjoy our cars. At least that was the case with me.
Old 29th June 2011, 11:33   #267
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ace,
Condolences pal.

Just can't understand how people have the heart to damage someone else's property for no rhyme or reason.
I can totally understand your angst.

Hope you can get the car restored to it previous glory.

Regards
Old 29th June 2011, 15:10   #268
Senior - BHPian

Time for a little update!

First, thanks for your consolating words, friends. Sorry, I could not reply earlier since my new job needs a bit of extra attention if I wanna go long way (which I want to fulfill my dream of driving a Porsche within next 10 years!)

Anyway, Was gone to a cousin's marriage in Kurukshetra last weekend! Was such a fun drive, beautiful weather with monsoon showers and almost empty roads! I wished for a moment the drive could continue forever!

Interestingly, on my way to Kurukshetra I met with a dude named 'Sid' in a MH-02 registered Black Skoda VRS (with a Remus exhaust ) who was having some good fun with his Octi! I stopped to say hello since we were driving side by side for a while. Nice guy, we had little chat! He said he has some friend members on TBHP. Your car was really cool, Sid (in case you are reading this)!

Some observations during this drive:

- The mileage has gone down significantly. Don't know the reason yet! I understand I was driving with my leadfoot this time but still....

- May be I was wrong in picking up the Yoko A drives. These tyres are silent, have decent dry grip but during the rains; driving on Yokohama A Drive shoes was quite some experience. They have a significant 'aquaplanning' and they can lead you in a ditch if you are not careful!

- Rest is well so far! What a boring car, this Civic! Nothing goes kaput and everything works how it is supposed to.

Quote:
Dude, Shark ko Nazar lagi hai
Either tie a Thick black thread or
put a sticker saying 'Buri nazaar wale tera mooh kala '
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Lolzz. or this new one I read sometime back "Jal mat kishton pe aai hu"...
Hahaha... You guys should stop, else my car will have her back looking like a commercial truck!

@ Sushurutha: Great going with the projector planning! But why not the TL or FX-R projectors?

@ Gaurav: Red will come, sooner or later on this car! Thats for sure. The day I have another backup car with me, the Shark is going to be TC'ed and will get the Milano Red paintjob!

Quote:
@Ace, sorry man, we are shamelessly using your thread on these niceties specially when the Shark is going through tough times.
Quote:
Right now that's the best way to distract ACE from the bad times he is going through
No worries guys! You can have the discussion since it adds to the research anyone wants to do for Projector upgrade! I am sorry I haven't penned down the details on my current setup here! Will do it soon!

Quote:
Ohh .. by the way I have added DRL(Day running Lights for my CIVIC), I don't have a pic of my car as of now, This is how they look , but not as long as these one's slightly shorter one's with 8 Led's. They look good too.Attachment 567248
Good job on adding DRLs. They do look nice. What brand are yours? Phillips have DRLs which dim when you switch on the lights (ala Audi Style) but they are a bit expensive (~ INR 10,000 I believe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Last year the same happened to me. Some %^&*$!#& scratched my barely 15 days old SX4 Zxi all over.
Sorry to hear your SX4's story, Zero Cool. I have accepted the incident with a pinch of salt and I am planning to take care of it using my insurance! But I need some free time to do that. Soon, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I know it has been a bad time for my car recently. Though I have enjoyed my long drive on NH1 this time thoroughly! Driving the Shark on empty stratches is so heavenly, I swear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hey Ace,
Condolences pal.
Very soon the car will be back to her shiny days, don't you worry Hiren! I love her too much to bear such thing for long enough!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 29th June 2011 at 15:32.
Old 29th June 2011, 20:12   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Anyway, Was gone to a cousin's marriage in Kurukshetra last weekend! Was such a fun drive, beautiful weather with monsoon showers and almost empty roads! I wished for a moment the drive could continue forever!
Ripping NH1 has always been FUN, absolute driving pleasure. Once the four laning will be complete, it will be a Nirvana for enthusiasts like us.

Quote:
- The mileage has gone down significantly. Don't know the reason yet! I understand I was driving with my leadfoot this time but still....
I know its a vtec but last I heard, Driving fun and FE never go hand in hand .

Quote:
May be I was wrong in picking up the Yoko A drives.
Dont talk about tyres man, every time I read about them, I get further confused..Looks like the S-Drves despite being loud and delicate are till good when it comes to handling both dry and wet conditions.

Quote:
Rest is well so far! What a boring car, this Civic! Nothing goes kaput and everything works how it is supposed to.
Touchwood, looks like you're missing your mazda lolzz..

Quote:
You guys should stop, else my car will have her back looking like a commercial truck!
it will be safe, if you plan to drive on that NH1 regularly.

Quote:
@ Gaurav: Red will come,
Ya Man, I am too keen to see a red civic in real....droolll..
Old 29th June 2011, 22:52   #270
BHPian

@ACE
please be very very careful with A drives in wet as they dont grip at all. Learnt it a very very hard way. Lost my OHC and my life too almost.

From that day onwards I dont recommend the A drives to anyone.
Even normal JK or MRF dont aquaplane as the A drive does.

They simply dont give the confidence and grip in wet to push the car even a little bit. A small puddle of water on a flat road results in aquaplaning.

Cheers
Good to see Shark in her awsome normal form.
jatinpatel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks