Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2011, 18:50   #1021
BHPian

Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Thank god all izz well. The cost of repairs is extremely reasonable. True to Toyota style. Do let us know if the Pump guy reimburses could be a first.
Good luck & Drive Safe!
mdsaab,
The fuel pump reimbursed the entire cost ie Rs 3246 , and with apologies too! Well, pretty decent of him( it was the owner who did that). The fortuner is running fine and seems to be no worse off for the experience.
Old 24th July 2011, 11:40   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Guderian your humour is fantastic as always.
Asth-matic ~ sheer genius.
The thread is updating in my subscribed list now.
And so here i am.
Regarding the facelifted fortuner.
Commented on the facelift fortuner thread.
But here is the short and curt 1 liner for TOGO channel viewers.
"The Toyota folks do NOT know how to facelift. Period!"

alfred ~ great to hear your T-Fort is running perfectly. And even greater to hear that the pump owner re-imbursed in full. Wishing you many more joyful miles with your T-Fort!

Last edited by mdsaab : 24th July 2011 at 11:44.
Old 24th July 2011, 13:21   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
"The Toyota folks do NOT know how to facelift. Period!"
Yes, they have really tried to put Kareena Kapur's Face on a Silk Smitha Body...

But as per my past experience with Toyota, they gradually grow upon you; Remember the Qualis, anyone?
Old 24th July 2011, 18:32   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Sunday Musings...

I must be pardoned for repeatedly capturing on pixels my favourite subject.

Though some of it is repetition and a tiring one at that...the pardon is still in order, I presume, because this day's snapaction is with a purpose. Purpose to compare to a certain extent with a new girl who could be running around the block soon. And trying to distract a resplendently attired Admiral.

The subject ? Oh, here he is:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08380.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08383.jpg

Guess the Admiral needs no introduction.

For once I was really happy to see the faux wood inserts all around Admiral:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08348.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08349.jpg

after I ran into the greasy grey yesterday (hey that rhymes well too !):
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-fortuner13_770.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-fortuner14_770.jpg

Now look at the Admiral's steering wheel:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08352.jpg

And this facelifted apparition !
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-fortuner07_770.jpg
You call this evolution ? Is man going back to being a Chimp ?

Suddenly to me Admiral's colours look so pleasing ! Earlier was sort of neutral and annoyed with the faux wood inserts ! Little did I know then that.....!
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08354.jpg

Compared to:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-fortuner12_770.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-fortuner08_770.jpg

And the light colours of Admiral:
Name:  DSC08376.JPG
Views: 1114
Size:  253.7 KB
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08377.jpg

Dont miss the 'strip' light on Miss Facelifted:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-fortuner23_770.jpg

Light colours always give a feeling of space:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08355.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08356.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08351.jpg

Rather than darkies of the new kid:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-fortuner24_770.jpg
Click image for larger version

Name:	fortuner12_770.jpg
Views:	1592
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	582060

Look Ma no chrome: (on Admiral of course !)
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08361.jpg

And look here Ma lotsa 'chromo-somes' here on Miss Facelifted:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-fortuner18_770.jpg

And I love the manual seat adjuster on Admiral. I set it on Feb 27, 2011. After that never touched it.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08379.jpg
What'll I do with an electric seat adjuster ? Besides it would give me a perpetual feeling that I am sitting on an electric chair.
And in my nightmares I see it malfunctioning sending jolts of volts to my unmentionables and unspeakables. By Toutatis, that's un...un...unbearable !

And the exteriors.

Isn't this better:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08375.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08371.jpg

than this ?
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-fortuner01_770.jpg

The nose is higher too on the Admiral I guess:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08378.jpg

Personally prefer the wheels on the current TFort.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08350.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08358.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08370.jpg

How long will the chrome sheen last on MFF ? I think it'll turn shabby if not taken care of well.

And well, all the welcome additions could be the inbuilt dashboard system, A/T (personally don't like any SUV with A/T), remodelled steering wheel buttons and...and...nothing that I can think of !

Well that's all I have to state.
Now you decide for yourselves.

Hop aboard the Classic TFort:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08373.jpg

We're off on a long, long sea voyage - me hearties !
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08368.jpg

Aloha !

Last edited by Guderian : 24th July 2011 at 18:55.
Old 24th July 2011, 19:14   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Sunday Musings...

I must be pardoned for repeatedly capturing on pixels my favourite subject.

Though some of it is repetition and a tiring one at that...the pardon is still in order, I presume, because this day's snapaction is with a purpose. Purpose to compare to a certain extent with a new girl who could be running around the block soon. And trying to distract a resplendently attired Admiral.
Hail General!
Thats indeed a "typisch Deutsch Kultur" - Thats a typical German Culture! I mean the amount of detail about the information and the comparison is just German. As you said, I too hate A/T and electronics overall, and especially if its in a battle tank like the TForté. The very basic manual and mechanical is more fun and more robust. somehow iam too lnclined towards this classic TFort, similar is the story with new innova!! why cannot some manufacturer just make a raw 4x4 with minimum necessary things like a LR Defender or a Thar for that matter! why do they want to make things glossy glossy? Moreover, from the tech specs comparison of yours, i see that the power has been brought down. And with A/T, and given that now admiral weighs 5 kgs more, how does Toyota think, the Fleet command ship will cruise? How will it maneouvre? Increased weight, change in CG, height down is a good thing for CG but then lower power means lower torque, then how will the mammoth move? But then the new TFort has in one point solved my request, i.e. given the left fender mirror.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 24th July 2011 at 22:42. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post when replying. Thanks.
Old 24th July 2011, 19:17   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Hail, Sir Guderian, You do make a point for me to try to get the delivery of my Fort asap; Yes, I agree 100% the new wood looks hideous; wouldn't mind the chrome though. Though I feel the new front looks quite good (I'm not a butch man) and sobered down to my liking. Side profiles are absolutely similar to the outgoing model.

I do have a feeling though, that Toyota profiles each market differently (we will never get the petrol here) and we may end up not getting those garish grey's here and beige will be the way forward as always for India with Toyota...
Old 24th July 2011, 20:01   #1027
Distinguished - BHPian

Guiderian, You really maintain the car so NEW ! I am not able to maintain the dark interiors of my Swift even as comparable to the neatness of your beige ones. How do you manage it so well? Do you vacuum your car every week? Always drive with windows rolled up? And what do you do when the beige parts gets greasy / muddy [especially the doors and console near the foot well?
Old 24th July 2011, 23:00   #1028
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's Note: Guys all posts relating to the new Fortuner have been moved to the thread on the facelift.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-pg-6-a-9.html

Please continue discussion on the facelift and any comparison with the old one in that thread.

Let's keep this to the ownership experience only.
Old 25th July 2011, 00:22   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Pray tell, what is a manual visit? Is there an auto visit? Does it have an S mode?
now thats Guderianism! Effect of serving in the Guderian/Admirals forces too long, we end up being bitten by humour bug

Moreover, I guess I reported to General in the right time, otherwise I might have had to face a court martial!

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 25th July 2011 at 00:31.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 10:24   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guiderian, You really maintain the car so NEW ! I am not able to maintain the dark interiors of my Swift even as comparable to the neatness of your beige ones. How do you manage it so well? Do you vacuum your car every week? Always drive with windows rolled up? And what do you do when the beige parts gets greasy / muddy [especially the doors and console near the foot well?
Hi snf,
1. Thanks for the compliments !
2. Actually there are a few factors in the interiors looking spiffy (and none relating to my skills !):
- Frankly the quality of plastics and leather is good. They don't scuff easily or catch dirt at the drop of a hat.
- I drive almost 100% with the AC on - I guess that does play a part to a certain extent as you rightly pointed out.
- Whatever dirt gets in the GDW cleans it up every week on a Sunday with a light moist cloth. Any stubborn spot on the seat or plastic is removed by me using a cleaner once in a way. Seats are cleaned thoroughly once a quarter or so.
- I have never vacuumed Admiral yet. Though I keep intending to do it every now and then on a Sunday but run out of time. So it has been done only by the ASC in the three visits. Someday on a Sunday I will. I have a Black and Decker Carvac 1205, which is a gem of an accessory, for the purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Moderator's Note: Guys all posts relating to the new Fortuner have been moved to the thread on the facelift.
Let's keep this to the ownership experience only.
Hi Vid,
Sorry about that. Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
now thats Guderianism! Effect of serving in the Guderian/Admirals forces too long, we end up being bitten by humour bug Moreover, I guess I reported to General in the right time, otherwise I might have had to face a court martial!
Come in AlphaKilo !
Nice to see you back. Are you suggesting a change in frequency ? Any enemy intercepts ?
Old 25th July 2011, 11:00   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I love the manual seat adjuster on Admiral. I set it on Feb 27, 2011. After that never touched it.
What'll I do with an electric seat adjuster ? Besides it would give me a perpetual feeling that I am sitting on an electric chair.
General, pretty detailed comparison of the two you got there.

Electric Seat Adjuster would not be helpful for you as you are the only one driving the Admiral. But for non-owner driven vehicles this should be helpful whenever the owner decides to go for a spin and has the set up ready in the memory.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 12:14   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Come in AlphaKilo !
Nice to see you back. Are you suggesting a change in frequency ? Any enemy intercepts ?
Hail General,

Negative General. how do you expect an enemy attack on a forte that is patrolled by battle tanks and a multi-role jet atop? Moreover, even if the enemy manages to sneak in, he would be long dead due to stomach pain which got from laughing to your humour!!

back to business, from the tyre cleaning pics, the pic where in you are seen removing a piece of material from the tyre, looks like a metal wire or small nail to me, am I correct?or was it just a stone? Admiral runs on a tubeless I believe.
Old 25th July 2011, 12:26   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
back to business, from the tyre cleaning pics, the pic where in you are seen removing a piece of material from the tyre, looks like a metal wire or small nail to me, am I correct?or was it just a stone? Admiral runs on a tubeless I believe.
Hi AlphaKilo,
Negative. That was a small stone. Even I was a little apprehensive when I first approached it. If I were to see a metal intruder - I wouldn't remove it after feeling it, if within city limits. Would drive off to a tyre wallah and get it fixed. Only on long drives would I attempt to fix it myself with the repair kit and fill air.
Yes Admiral 'sails' on tubeless - Dunlop AT20s.
Old 26th July 2011, 10:04   #1034
Senior - BHPian

To other owners of TForts and/or people in the know !

Have been, for sometime, trying to lay my hands on the Service/Workshop Manual of Toyota Fortuner - without much success.

To clarify - I am not trying to locate the Owner's Manual (which I have) - but the one that they have at the ASC/shopfloor which gives in detail all the actions to be carried at various services/servicing. It would also have detailed layout diagrams, trouble shooting etc.

The reason is - that I find the maintenance schedule of the Toyota Owner's Manual rather inadequate in terms of explaining what needs to be done at various service visits.
For example -It is mentioned that in the 3rd service(10K KMs) brakes need to be inspected. However the fact is that they also need to be cleaned with a brake cleaner and tested by a simple method - which is not mentioned in the Owner's Manual.
Well, even if you stand on the shopfloor but are not aware that this needs to be done then there is no point you being there. Meaning you need to stand on the floor with full understanding of what all needs to be done. Or you leave it to the grease monkey's 'meherbaani' and hope things are done as they are supposed to.

That way there are quite a few things that need to be checked out and done during the servicing which we are not aware of at all and therefore have no clue if it's not carried out. Many times have noted the grease monkeys writing in their activity list (to be submitted to their supervisors at the end of the shift) that they have carried out a task - but actually never have. And in paid services you end up paying for something that is never done at all.

From the Owner's Manual have drawn up an XL sheet (for easy reference) with list of items/actions to be carried out at various service points. Find that very inadequate and seek to populate the same. Shall share it here once the endeavour (not Ford's but mine !) is completed.

I have gone to few free/paid sites which lists the 'Toyota Fortuner Service/Maintenance/Workshop Manual/s' but ultimately am not able to download or don't find it ultimately.

Ideas to get it ?
Help !

Thanks.
Old 27th July 2011, 23:35   #1035
BHPian

2011 Toyota Fortuner Boot Camp is back : Mumbai-Pune

Hail Heinz Guderian!

Reporting back after a mission - work, work & work.

There's something looking good, looking forward to, exciting stuff happening this weekend.

Click here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post2446368

Am definitely going !

I've got this work thingy going on over the month end. Might go there on the Sunday.

Say what!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks