Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2011, 23:03   #16
SAS
BHPian

Re: CNG'ed my 2002 ZEN MPFI : 1500 km's review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Hi ScorpMan,
Your 9kg cylinder takes areound 6.75kg - 7 kgs at full boost. I feel that this installer wouldn't cheat me. He told me that its a 12kg tank. At full boost 220milibar, I've been able to fill around 9.5 - 9.75 kgs. So I feel it should be a 12 kg cylinder.
That's true. It's a 12 kg cylinder. The best way to tell is to read the water capacity. I too have the same cylinder, although mine is made by lizer.
Old 16th May 2011, 05:14   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
That's true. It's a 12 kg cylinder. The best way to tell is to read the water capacity. I too have the same cylinder, although mine is made by lizer.
What car do you have & where did you get it converted to CNG?
Old 19th May 2011, 08:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
I need help for the CNG kit fitment for my 2008 Santro Xing GL.

I want to know, where should I go for the fitments in Pune and which type and brand of kit is best suited for Santro.

Any similar review for CNG on Santro ?

Hi, I guess Greenglobe have their workshop at Pune also. You can call up Ashish from GreenGlobe on 09819749390 and check with him.
Old 19th May 2011, 19:52   #19
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What car do you have & where did you get it converted to CNG?
I have an Alto LXi and got it converted at Suman Auto, Goregaon (W), Mumbai
Old 21st May 2011, 17:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I have an Alto LXi and got it converted at Suman Auto, Goregaon (W), Mumbai
Hi SAS,

Since how long have you been using your Alto on CNG. Which kit have you got installed. How is the performance, FE, Maintenance costs etc ? It would be good to know about it so that we can have a 1-1 comparison of different dealers and kits.

Cheers,
Yogesh...
Old 22nd May 2011, 00:45   #21
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Hi SAS,

Since how long have you been using your Alto on CNG. Which kit have you got installed. How is the performance, FE, Maintenance costs etc ? It would be good to know about it so that we can have a 1-1 comparison of different dealers and kits.

Cheers,
Yogesh...
Completely agree about sharing experiences and best practices. Below are the answers:
1. Installed a lovato kit. Essentially the reducer is by lovato. I'm not sure about the other parts being of Lovato since most "kits" include third party other parts. The cylinder is of Lizer, the emulator is of "Techno". The advancer has a "Lovato" label on it, but many kit manufacturers rebrand other vendor products and sell since they dont manufacture it.
2. The installation is an open loop system with advancer. I did not put a lamda sensor because i didn't want to complicate the installation. Besides I'm well versed on how to tune the AFR manually
3. There is a performance drop but performance is not an issue at all. You just have to work the gears a little harder. I regularly drive between Mumbai to Pune and have driven long stretches at 120kmph. There is a performance drop when compared to petrol, but you can mitigate it with your driving style, better low resistance tyres and alloys which I have installed
4. Fuel economy is good. In Mumbai traffic between Borivali to lower parel (35km run one way) I get an average of around 25km per kg with moderate driving style with AC on for 70% of the time. On highways it improves further going upto 30 km per kg
5. I have been driving on CNG since the past 14 months. I have covered over 24k kms till date on CNG. My alto has clocked 72 k kms overall and is 6 years old.
6. No material increase in maintenance costs. However I have installed spacers in the rear. I also use a better and thicker oil since the engine runs hotter. So I've switched to 20W50 Castrol GTX from 20W40 MGO. GTX is a very good oil and very good protection to the engine, although it it not as fuel saving as magnatec since it is thicker. I use NGK spark plugs, I have increased the gapping marginally to get a fatter and stronger spark. Other than that, things are all stock, including the air filter.

You too please share your best practices. Eager to hear form you too on this..
SAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 08:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Completely agree about sharing experiences and best practices. Below are the answers:
1. Installed a lovato kit. Essentially the reducer is by lovato. I'm not sure about the other parts being of Lovato since most "kits" include third party other parts. The cylinder is of Lizer, the emulator is of "Techno". The advancer has a "Lovato" label on it, but many kit manufacturers rebrand other vendor products and sell since they dont manufacture it.
2. The installation is an open loop system with advancer. I did not put a lamda sensor because i didn't want to complicate the installation. Besides I'm well versed on how to tune the AFR manually
3. There is a performance drop but performance is not an issue at all. You just have to work the gears a little harder. I regularly drive between Mumbai to Pune and have driven long stretches at 120kmph. There is a performance drop when compared to petrol, but you can mitigate it with your driving style, better low resistance tyres and alloys which I have installed
4. Fuel economy is good. In Mumbai traffic between Borivali to lower parel (35km run one way) I get an average of around 25km per kg with moderate driving style with AC on for 70% of the time. On highways it improves further going upto 30 km per kg
5. I have been driving on CNG since the past 14 months. I have covered over 24k kms till date on CNG. My alto has clocked 72 k kms overall and is 6 years old.
6. No material increase in maintenance costs. However I have installed spacers in the rear. I also use a better and thicker oil since the engine runs hotter. So I've switched to 20W50 Castrol GTX from 20W40 MGO. GTX is a very good oil and very good protection to the engine, although it it not as fuel saving as magnatec since it is thicker. I use NGK spark plugs, I have increased the gapping marginally to get a fatter and stronger spark. Other than that, things are all stock, including the air filter.

You too please share your best practices. Eager to hear form you too on this..

Hi SAS,

Lot many things which you mentioned hold true for me.

1. Average, ditto as yours.
2. Using NGK Spark Plugs
3. My Cylinder is of Nitin Fire make.
4. Currently using Stock Tyres, Stock Springs without spacers and Stock filter.
5. Currently on Castrol GTX Magnatec. Will switch to Mobil 1 Synthetic once this oil has completed its run.
6. Its been around 4-5 months I've put this kit. Have done Mumbai - Pune 4-5 times. Never felt the car run out of power.

I guess my stock bridgestone tyres will last another 20 - 25k km's. Planning to go for Low Profile tyres after that. One of my friends told me not to bother about the engine. It should serve you about 150k km's uninterrupted if you take proper care. After that Piston Rings may give some problems.
Did you get such feedback about the engine ?

Cheers,
Yogesh
yogeshnagpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 09:02   #23
BHPian

Hello friends,
I have a EECO and want to convert to cng.
My earlier car was a OHC 1.3, converted to cng by Greenglobe Mulund.
It was a Advanced Closed Loop and it dint give me any problems as such except for some sluggishness in pickup.
I talked to Ashish of greenglobe that i want a Sequential kit for my EECo.
But he flatly discouraged me not to spend that much on it and advised me to go for a Advanced Closed Loop kit like my OHC.

Now we all know the benefits in terms of performance of Seq Kits.
But now that the installer himself is discouraging from Seq kit, i am confused.
He told me that there r some problems in Seq kit after installation as the ECM doesnt fully match.

Please guide me whether to go for SEQ or CL.

Interestingly a LOVATO installer also discouraged me in the same manner.

Highly confused.

Regards,
Dr.Abhay Shah.
Old 15th June 2011, 18:10   #24
BHPian

Visited LOVATO dealer in Thane today.
He quoted Rs.37k for closed loop cng kit for my EECO.
Upon enquiring for SEQ kit, he told its not necessary for EECO.
He told me LOVATO kit is costlier than BRC as BRC uses many parts by ROHAN which is localised brand whereas LOVATO uses all imported LOVATO stuff only.

Also visited BRC Dealer Ashish in Mulund today.
He quoted Rs.31.5k for closed loop cng kit for my EECO.
Also he told me that ADVANCED CLOSED LOOP kit which was in my OHC is not necessary in EECO and that only Ordinary CLOSED LOOP will do.

Friends pls guide me.
Regards.
Old 25th June 2011, 14:22   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

How is PUC certification done for CNG fitted cars? Do they issue 2 certificates one for car running on Petrol & the other for CNG? Do they test it twice?
Old 25th September 2011, 12:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How is PUC certification done for CNG fitted cars? Do they issue 2 certificates one for car running on Petrol & the other for CNG? Do they test it twice?

PUC Certification is done in the normal way they do it for any petrol car. There is a single certificate for the vehicle.
Old 27th November 2011, 23:53   #27
BANNED

Quote:
I need help for the CNG kit fitment for my 2008 Santro Xing GL.

I want to know, where should I go for the fitments in Pune and which type and brand of kit is best suited for Santro.

Any similar review for CNG on Santro ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2591348

If you have already fitted CNG kit, pls do share your input. Else we both can use above thread for future.

Quote:
Hi, I guess Greenglobe have their workshop at Pune also. You can call up Ashish from GreenGlobe on 09819749390 and check with him.
Do they have outlet in pune now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabhayshah76 View Post
Visited LOVATO dealer in Thane today.
He quoted Rs.37k for closed loop cng kit for my EECO.
He told me LOVATO kit is costlier than BRC as BRC uses many parts by ROHAN which is localised brand whereas LOVATO uses all imported LOVATO stuff only.

Also visited BRC Dealer Ashish in Mulund today.
He quoted Rs.31.5k for closed loop cng kit for my EECO.
Also he told me that ADVANCED CLOSED LOOP kit which was in my OHC is not necessary in EECO and that only Ordinary CLOSED LOOP will do.

Friends pls guide me.
Regards.
Did you get it installed?
Old 28th November 2011, 18:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2591348

If you have already fitted CNG kit, pls do share your input. Else we both can use above thread for future.
The above link is not working, it says "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
Old 28th November 2011, 22:24   #29
BHPian

Thank you so much Yogesh for such a informative write up . I've been toying with the idea of migrating to CNG myself because the petrol costs are simple unbearable . I have a 2 year old punto and have a extended warranty for 2 more years and so in a dilemma whether I should forget about the warranty and upgrade to CNG .

This kit is pretty reasonably priced . One of my friends from the fiat group got his punto converted for a total cost of almost 55000 Rs . But this kit sounds very very reasonable . My friend got a Lovato . Did you check on Lovato kits ?

Also , I would need to look for good installer in Pune . You were lucky to find a authorised dealer in mumbai . Am not sure who would do it in pune .
Old 29th November 2011, 18:04   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Thank you so much Yogesh for such a informative write up . I've been toying with the idea of migrating to CNG myself because the petrol costs are simple unbearable . I have a 2 year old punto and have a extended warranty for 2 more years and so in a dilemma whether I should forget about the warranty and upgrade to CNG .

This kit is pretty reasonably priced . One of my friends from the fiat group got his punto converted for a total cost of almost 55000 Rs . But this kit sounds very very reasonable . My friend got a Lovato . Did you check on Lovato kits ?

Also , I would need to look for good installer in Pune . You were lucky to find a authorised dealer in mumbai . Am not sure who would do it in pune .
Quote:
The above link is not working, it says "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
Thread is deleted by Mod. They think it is a repeatation ! But i could not spot similar info of CNG kit intallation in pune.

So we three are struggling to get same info.

Please PM me you nos. , we will get connected to get this done.

Most Viewed