Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 07:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano LX-6000kms,4 months quick review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
On mysore run once i got 21 km/l in the morning and once during noon with a/c on 100 % of the time it dropped to 18km/l overall.
I expected a lot more from the Nano. not 21 kpl.
why do I say this? coz I got 20.5 kpl in my 2008 alto with speeds avg 80 kph and with A/c on all the time.

Nice review though
Old 17th March 2011, 08:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
I expected a lot more from the Nano. not 21 kpl.
why do I say this? coz I got 20.5 kpl in my 2008 alto with speeds avg 80 kph and with A/c on all the time.

Nice review though
HI Avinash, good to know that your alto gives so much...advantage 5 speed gearbox perhaps. In Nano on the highway with a/c you have to be above (at least for me) 70 km/h to engage 4th to maintain reasonable speed. So i am pretty satisfied.

BTW i have an original 2002 alto 1.1 vxi which hardly gives us 10 km/l in the city and maybe 14km/l on the highway...real gas guzzler but we keep it
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:12   #18
BHPian

My Alto lxi 04

Hi my alto gives me 11.5 to 12 with full Ac and 13 to 14 with 50% ac on in mumbai city traffic with rarely any 4th and 5th gear involved. Total 14 kms daily travel . BTW there was no alto vxi in 04 or I would have surely bought it . I like the rear wash wipe and the awesome engine .
Old 2nd April 2011, 21:30   #19
BHPian

It is a 2002 model alto vxi as mentioned, still have it with us, done 33k

Tata Nano LX- now 7000kms,PICS ADDED-front.jpg

Tata Nano LX- now 7000kms,PICS ADDED-rear.jpg

Tata Nano LX- now 7000kms,PICS ADDED-interior.jpg

Tata Nano LX- now 7000kms,PICS ADDED-seats.jpg

Tata Nano LX- now 7000kms,PICS ADDED-stereo.jpg

Last edited by theMAG : 3rd April 2011 at 08:20. Reason: Pl EDIT if < 20 mins.
Old 17th April 2011, 11:37   #20
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano LX- now 7000kms,PICS ADDED

I am using nano cx since last 8 months , done 5000km.I am happy with the car.This is my first car. I am driving 20km every day mostly 3rd and 4th gear ( 40:60 ratio ) speed avg. 40-50km/hr . So far I have measured the FE accurately for all my fuel fillings. For my daily routine runs it delivers 21.5kmpl for BP normal petrol , for Speed and Essar it is 20.
Highway only one trip 160km I have done with 4 people ( AC 50% times ON ) it delivered 25kmpl.
The engine cover and additional Fuse that TML declared has not yet been fitted on my car, Every time I inquire they tell me that once it reaches the dealership , they will call me.
Service book reads scan tool check for every service - dealership adviser says it is not required.I wonder TML really trained the service centers or they are just carrying on based on generic knowledge.

On Accessories - So far I have installed only reverse Parking Sensors , Foot Maps.
I am also thinking of Security System and Music Player ( CD Less ) , May be Front Power Windows too.I am avoiding the sun films as I feel the 'CRYSTAL' appearance due to transparent glasses is lost when these films are added , the colored glasses look dusty.
I am wondering where the speakers can be installed as there is no dedicated space by design on the dash board.
Old 18th April 2011, 16:24   #21
BHPian

Hello,

I am seriously thinking of buying a new Tata Nano CX for city driving in Kolkata.

I wanted to know whether the Nano Plus has already been launched in New Delhi as I have heard this from a few people here. The dealers however deny any knowledge of the Nano Plus coming soon, saying they have no info, but they must be thinking from the point of view of clearing existing stocks, hence the withholding of info.

I would be grateful if someone could enlighten me on this, as I would rather wait and buy a new upgraded Nano.

Best Regards
Prithvi
Old 8th May 2011, 21:53   #22
BANNED

The sticker -on the front glass - says ,4th gear for 60km/h during run-in period- for the first 1000Km. what is your stand on this and possible let me know the pros & cons of this during RUN-IN and after RUN-IN.

if someone looking for balance between driving pleasure & FE ,what would be your suggested speed-gear combo from 1 to 4th gear.TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Nano is equipped with drums in the rear. in fact when i first got delivery there was this horrible vibration under braking from the brake pedal @ aroun 80-100 km/h. Low speeds was fine. Somehow Tata sevice guys have fixed it and now no problems.

I have never been specific about my milage because i drive pretty fast and never off the engine at signals and i shift into 4th only above 60km/h so as not to strain it. (4th gear is too tall). In spite of this ,daily city commute (HAL- whitefield) i average 16km/l with a/c. On mysore run once i got 21 km/l in the morning and once during noon with a/c on 100 % of the time it dropped to 18km/l overall. Myabe if u drive @ wround 80 km/h , milage will go up

Last edited by shapath : 8th May 2011 at 21:54.
Old 12th September 2011, 17:05   #23
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano LX- now 15,000 kms in 10 months

Total distance -15,000 kms
Places travelled - most of Bangalore city,Mysore, 1600 km round trip to Trivandrum (my family was even more shocked when they knew i did the one way run in 10 hours).
Maintanence cost so far : 1200 Rs ( regular service)

Plus :
1.Space
2 Manouverability
3.Peppy engine
4. mileage
5. looks
6.reliability(!)
7.10k oil change interval
8. Slick gearshift

Minus :
1. Bouncy ride
2. unsupportive seats
3. hard steering
4. locking and non linear brakes
5. a/c not so effective on a hot day
6.a/c filter gets clogged up very easily
7. clutch judder at take off ( to be expected in bangalore traffic)
8. dicky access
9. microscopic petrol tank (especially for high milers like me)
10. winshield washer not very effective
11. above average noise levels
12. service standards still need to go up

Overall very happy and i think i got my moneys worth. Lovable and trusty car.
Old 10th December 2014, 16:00   #24
BHPian

nano is in Trivandrum now 4 years and 30,000 kms done. Art leather seats from Karlsson holding up well as is the leather steering wheel. Thinking of exchanging it for the nano twist as I can't think of any other car that offers so much for so less and finally easier on the muscles too!

But emotionally attached to the current one also as it has never let me down even on the 800km plus journey from Bangalore to Trivandrum and back (twice)
Oh yes, faults and short comings are many but I think that is why it feels human..you come to see its foibles as those of your child. My wife (who is Japanese) has warned me not to sell it and if at all I sell it, I should buy another Nano only.

reliability wise no probs, only the odd trim falling off and the rear LH door actuator not working (again!)Must test drive the new nano after we come back to india and then decide.
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 21:11   #25

Tata Nano Lx! I humbly request all of the owners of Tata Nano to be extra cautious while revving it on highways. I say so because of the toppling issues it has on curves and when the tyre bursts. I lost my uncle recently because of this. Still can't digest it.

I would suggest to be extra cautious while the air pressure is checked to avoid heating up and bursts.
Old 23rd January 2015, 11:46   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
How are the gear shifts and the clutch? Another Nano owner was complaining to me about very hard gear shifts and hard clutch.
What's that again? Have a heart! The clutch is definitely light for a non-assisted manual linkage. The gear shift travel is short, precise and smooth. Remember that the gear shift lever and clutch pedal are way away from the gearbox. I know a dear friend whose clutch had become hard due to premature wear. You see people tend to ride the clutch to avoid shifting gears in crowded bazaars. That's probably okay with V8 beasts but with the gentle 600cc Nano engines all gears must be used all the time to preserve the clutch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks