Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2012, 18:30   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!

I got a taste of infamous TATA service for the 1st time in my 18 months ownership.

Thankfully it is not affecting me at all, but still they have been unable to provide a 150rs AC resistor part for my car since last 1 month.

AUTOPOINT WaKAD which is a Tata Autorised Service centre has been very casual and ineffective in dealing with my simple issue.

I rarely use my car these days and pune weather being cool, ac has not been used, but my problem has still not been solved.

They do not have the part where i stay and i dont find it feasible to drive 25-30 kms to get a 150rs part.

Official compliant has been launched as well ( Call centre guys are pathetic ), but nothing has come out yet.

Looks like i myself have to go to the outlet where they have that part and get it fitted from the nearest dealership.

This experience leaves me sad at the state of affairs with Tata service and availability of parts.
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:22   #152
Senior - BHPian

Things are not as bad as we always perceive.

I went to Akurdi (on my scooter) where i found the elusive AC resistor part.
All of 156rs, i came back to Autopoint Wakad and the part was immediately replaced without any delay.

AC is working as it was always and i am a happy customer once again.

There is shortage of some parts as far as Nano is concerned. No such issues for other cars.

This part was only available at Akurdi and no other place in Pune
Old 21st January 2013, 20:57   #153
Senior - BHPian

Nano is close to 14k mark now.
I have been using it on highways more often than city.

Covered 450kms in a day recently, and thanks to good roads drive was effortless. ( Kolhapur - Narsobawadi - Mumbai ).

I recently got the best average for my mumbai-pune drive, inspite of having 4 on board and running on AC till Khalapur toll naka, got 25kmpl.

Waiting for new design gloveboxes to come, since the current one's are very crude.
Old 22nd January 2013, 14:45   #154
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the wonderful run of the Nano so far. Great to read that it is munching miles on the highway as well.

We recently took the delivery of the Special Edition Nano. Have so far done 300 Kms. Have taken it on highway from Kothrud to Hinjewadi. Somehow i find the brakes of the Nano not to be effective. Not that i am speeding but even at speeds of 60-70 i get a feeling that the car would not stop in time. Have you had this experience?
Old 22nd January 2013, 17:14   #155
Senior - BHPian

My Nano Just crossed the mark 10K and at that time I was enroute Nelliyampathy (A quick hill station from Thrissur) on return , I noticed that the vehicle was revving automatically when on idle. any specific cause for this ?
Old 23rd January 2013, 02:11   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Congrats on the wonderful run of the Nano so far. Great to read that it is munching miles on the highway as well.

Somehow i find the brakes of the Nano not to be effective. Not that i am speeding but even at speeds of 60-70 i get a feeling that the car would not stop in time. Have you had this experience?
Thanks Amit.

It is true that brakes are not as effective as any car with disc brake, but once you get used to Nano, you will get used to the braking part as well.

Nano will surely sharpen your anticipating skills ( especially above speeds of 70-80).
My earlier drive was a padmini , hence Nano's brakes feel better to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
My Nano Just crossed the mark 10K and at that time I was enroute Nelliyampathy (A quick hill station from Thrissur) on return , I noticed that the vehicle was revving automatically when on idle. any specific cause for this ?
Congrats Foby.

Accelarator cable must be checked, might have got squeezed somewhere, else would need to be replaced.

Last edited by silverado : 23rd January 2013 at 02:20.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 21:04   #157
Senior - BHPian

3rd Free service, which is due after 2 years has been done.
Excellent service done by CONCONRDE BANER Pune.

They even dropped the car home for only 100rs ( Was down with fever ).
Interior cleaning was very well done ( Additional 600rs ).

The best part, entire service cost me just 808rs only!
This once again confirms how VFM Nano is.
Engine sound is much more muted now, it used to sound like a diesel before the service.

Nano is very close to 15K mark.
There are little bruise marks all around the car, which are not easily noticeable due to golden colour.
Will get it fixed as time permits.

Have fitted Sun visor ( Rs 1050 ) and Minda Dual VW type horn ( Rs 750 ), which sounds similar to VW polo/vento.

Last edited by silverado : 30th March 2013 at 21:22.
Old 22nd May 2013, 02:31   #158
Senior - BHPian

A trip is going to take place soon.
Went to TASS - Concorde Baner Pune to get the car checked.

Clutch cable was replaced under warranty it was bit hard,it feels a lot softer now.

Fuel sensor was playing up earlier, replaced under warranty
AC relay was not working as expected, replaced in warranty.

LHS - RVM fitted, it is sturdier unit and looks great - Rs 500.
They gave me Mud flaps ( moulded one's ) for FREE ( They cost 300rs otherwise ), it was not a billing error since i questioned SA about it twice.

General checkup - 150
Wheelalignment - 150

Overall a good job done, total cost - 950

Planning to FIT Pioneer MVH Cd-less 1590 and Rockford Fosgate 4" for the time being.

Last edited by silverado : 22nd May 2013 at 02:33.
Old 22nd May 2013, 04:19   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
LHS - RVM fitted, it is sturdier unit and looks great - Rs 500.
They gave me Mud flaps ( moulded one's ) for FREE ( They cost 300rs otherwise ), it was not a billing error since i questioned SA about it twice.
Hey! Thanks for the timely updates! Very few here have commented as yet, but MANY of us have been reading them.

Have a nice trip!

Btw, any idea if others getting them too? Recently some guy from TaMo came over for some feedback and told me alot of freebies & updations are being planned, including some kind of GPS updation that tracks the cars individually.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 22nd May 2013 at 04:24. Reason: Btw,...
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 20:57   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

Very Recently some guy from TaMo came over for some feedback and told me alot of freebies & updations are being planned, including some kind of GPS updation that tracks the cars individually.
Tata motors has been given very good attention to the cheapest car in its stable, it has been getting continuos updates.

2013 Nano which is due for launch in june will have lot of updates but we will have to pay for it to be integrated in our cars.

I am not aware of any GPS updation thing.
Old 22nd May 2013, 21:55   #161
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

Planning to FIT Pioneer MVH Cd-less 1590 and Rockford Fosgate 4" for the time being.
Do talk to your SA as nano is not very compatible with all electrical accessories there in the market. Had interned at Tata motors and I was told about this.
Old 26th May 2013, 23:25   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Do talk to your SA as nano is not very compatible with all electrical accessories there in the market. Had interned at Tata motors and I was told about this.
After being jittery of losing warranty for 2 years,took the plunge, got SONY DSX-A30 and 6" Rockford Fosgate 1493 3 channel speakers.

SONY DSX A30 is a CD less HU, HU design is a clever one in which you dont have to remove the USB everytime you remove the HU.

Yes you are right, there was no socket present and they had to take power for the system from AUTOCOP wiring.

The only consolation : they did not touch car's wiring.
I got Autocop installed @ Concorde while buying the car, and the Music system installer tells me that car's wires were cut to get this installed.

But he did a neat job, wiring was neatly done and covered properly with insulation tapes.

I called up TASS Concorde, spoke with their accesory guy and he confirmed that this is what they do as well.In fact he was kind enough to agree to check my after-market installation as well ( outside the gates ).
Will go there soon as time permits

I am not worried about losing warranty.

The system sounds good and i being an average listener , is a very satisfied person.
Speakers are placed in a box below front seats.

This IMO is the best position if you have elders travelling regularly in the car, since they will not complain ( As they would in case of parcel tray mounted speakers )

Front seats enjoy the best, while its a bit of compromise for rear passengers.

Below is the breakup

SONY DSX A30 - 4500
Rockford Fosgate 1493 - 3200
Radio antenna - 300
Boxes (2) - 600
Wiring sockets - 260

Installation was done at Car Cupid - Pimple saudagar.
Also got Sandisk cruzer fit 8gb - 450.

Last edited by silverado : 26th May 2013 at 23:31.
Old 27th May 2013, 09:24   #163
ZMG
BHPian

That is very nice of the accessories guy to check your car. I would still insist you to go to him as soon as possible, as the fire incidents in nano had apparently taken place because of wrong wiring. I know I sound very negative here, but honestly I do not want anyone to part with their prized possession. Spending that 2 hours visit to the workshop will totally be worth it. Congratulations for the ICE setup :-)
ZMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 09:30   #164
BHPian

@Silverado: Kindly share some pics of the final product. It will help people like me to decide on the audio setup.
thanks!

(oops! I posted the same Q in the Nano ICE thread!, I thought I had posted my query but could not see it. you can answer anywhere you want to)

Last edited by avingodb : 27th May 2013 at 09:32. Reason: ( )
Old 27th May 2013, 21:45   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
I would still insist you to go to him as soon as possible.
Yes, i will surely do it very soon.Most Probably will get it done tommorow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
@Silverado: Kindly share some pics of the final product. It will help people like me to decide on the audio setup.
thanks!
Yet to take the pics, will surely do that.
I wanted to fit speakers on door pad, but they are not strong enough.
I removed rear parcel tray yesterday, and can say its good enough to hold co-axials.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks