Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 19:45   #91
BANNED

re: Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
This is a question for all those who have a NANO LX

2) Also there is no Blue band at the top of front windscreen, check out radha vijay's nano, it clearly has one.
Yes, the blue band does exist !
Old 19th June 2011, 13:34   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
....the S Yellow NANO cos me 1.4L only ! (Regd, in Delhi)
Did you miss any number here ? It came to 2.44 for me in Bangalore. Is there that huge difference between metros ?
Old 19th June 2011, 17:36   #93
BANNED

No, I didn't. The on-road cost for the LX was 2.08L when I bought this TD vehicle on 31 Dec 2010.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

Nano's got a new issue.

Blower is not working.
Dad started car when blower was ON and , instead of FUSE going Out, it seems the Blower motor is not working.

I got this from Autopoint a TATA authorised service centre in wakad, Pune.

Anyways , i am in Pune and i am looking for a good service centre in PUNE for second opinion.

PUNEites, please advise,SELFDRIVE if you are reading this please suggest.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:30   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways , i am in Pune and i am looking for a good service centre in PUNE for second opinion.

PUNEites, please advise,SELFDRIVE if you are reading this please suggest.
Is this not covered under warranty? I guess you should be getting this done from TASS. Sent you a PM already, let me know if you are unable to find a convenient TASS centre (Pandit Auto) in terms of location
Old 12th July 2011, 16:13   #96
Senior - BHPian

I TD a Nano LX last week and came back really impressed. The aircon is simply fantastic freezing your frame our in minutes. The initial pick is good as well. Overall its very similar to my 800 but for the space which seems to be a A380 compared to my old buggy. Only fly in the ointment is of course the boot space which is near to naught.

Overall I am seriously thinking of this as my replacement vehicle for now till I add in my dream sedan may be next year. Kudos to all those who have already bought this cutie pie and recommendations to all those contemplating one!!
Old 25th July 2011, 14:05   #97
Senior - BHPian

As far as the blower issue is concerned, i got car checked at Pandit auto.
Fuse was blown and they replaced it with a new fuse, now blower started working, but as soon as AC was switched ON, fuse went off again.

Conclusion : Wiring is short somewhere! car will have to be left with dealer for some time.

Got software update done from Pandit Auto.

Did PUNE -MUMBAI -PUNE yesterday.

Total distance covered - 350 kms.
Average - 20kpl w/o AC of course.

Consistently was in range of 80-90 with 3 people including myself on board.

Tiny wheels and tall profile does make it a bit scary when driven at high speeds and you feel that when a VOLVO overtakes you!

But NANO is a decent highway car provided you are not in real hurry.
I guess the real TEST will be on roads which are single carriageway and on which you at times have to go OTR to give space to rampaging trucks/buses/Jeeps and other maniacs.
Old 25th July 2011, 14:36   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got software update done from Pandit Auto.
Did PUNE -MUMBAI -PUNE yesterday.
Total distance covered - 350 kms.
Average - 20kpl w/o AC of course.

Consistently was in range of 80-90 with 3 people including myself on board.

Tiny wheels and tall profile does make it a bit scary when driven at high speeds and you feel that when a VOLVO overtakes you!

But NANO is a decent highway car provided you are not in real hurry.
I guess the real TEST will be on roads which are single carriageway and on which you at times have to go OTR to give space to rampaging trucks/buses/Jeeps and other maniacs.
What does a software update in the Nano entail/ include?

I agree with your opinion about high speed/ highway manners. It is a bot scary when faster vehicles pass you, seems like a stop/ start ride when the brakes are applied. Similar to those 'dashing cars' games.
IMHO the optimal speed/ place for the Nano would be around 60 and in the left most lane.

My main grouse is that other bigger vehicles try to bully the Nano during their overtaking manoeuvres.

Mileage for me during my highway trip was similar. GC was not much of an issue, but then this could be relative to the other car you drive. My Jazz is more of an issue than the Nano in this area.
I tried consciously not to leave the road to give way for rampaging oncoming morons. At the same time it is essential to flash or indicate to let them know you are not going/ cannot go/ will not go off road to give them way.
Old 26th July 2011, 13:50   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
What does a software update in the Nano entail/ include?

IMHO the optimal speed/ place for the Nano would be around 60 and in the left most lane.

My main grouse is that other bigger vehicles try to bully the Nano during their overtaking manoeuvres.
I think the software upgrade was done to fix electrical malfunction bugs, please call PANDIT Auto near shahu college/or whichever branch is near to you and book yourself a slot.

IMO if you are consistently driving above 80 +, then you can be in middle lane or even right most lane on few occasions even if you are in Nano.

On expressway i did not have any issues in keeping it above 80+, in fact i was driving @ 90kph most of the time, 60 will be too boring for any one to drive on expressway unless you yourself are past 60 in age

Yes some people try to bully during overtakes, but its not a major issue.
Havent been to single carriageway yet, and i do follow the light flashing thing on such roads.
Old 26th July 2011, 13:58   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the software upgrade was done to fix electrical malfunction bugs, please call PANDIT Auto near shahu college/or whichever branch is near to you and book yourself a slot.

IMO if you are consistently driving above 80 +, then you can be in middle lane or even right most lane on few occasions even if you are in Nano.

On expressway i did not have any issues in keeping it above 80+, in fact i was driving @ 90kph most of the time, 60 will be too boring for any one to drive on expressway unless you yourself are past 60 in age
Ok, what Pandit Auto called a "wiring update" was done a couple of weeks ago. I presume its the same thing as done for your Nano, nevertheless I will confirm with them.

As for the speeds, IMHO it depends more on the road surface and the quality of driving around the car. 90 in a Nano would be decent on most of the NH4 & parts of the NH50 as long as everybody around is driving decently (in terms of lane discipline and lane change indicators). I am not sure I would want to do any more than 60 on the Pune - Nagar highway irrespective of my age!

Edit: Just noticed you mentioned only the expressway, ignore the part about the other highways.

Last edited by selfdrive : 26th July 2011 at 14:01.
Old 26th July 2011, 14:08   #101
Senior - BHPian

Silverado, I know I am too late for the party here, but congrtulations on the Nano! A rockstar since the day it was born. The amount of attention a Nano gets is not funny.
Drove @Selfdrives's Nano, for a miniscule distance and fell in love with it. Would love to do a proper drive (of course, if you permit!).
Do post some pics of the interior as well.
Cheers, Drive safe.
Old 26th July 2011, 14:12   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Ok, what Pandit Auto called a "wiring update" was done a couple of weeks ago. I presume its the same thing as done for your Nano, nevertheless I will confirm with them.

As for the speeds, IMHO it depends more on the road surface and the quality of driving around the car. 90 in a Nano would be decent on most of the NH4 & parts of the NH50 as long as everybody around is driving decently (in terms of lane discipline and lane change indicators). I am not sure I would want to do any more than 60 on the Pune - Nagar highway irrespective of my age!

Edit: Just noticed you mentioned only the expressway, ignore the part about the other highways.
But i have not driven Nano on any other highway apart from expressway yet, i intend to drive it to nearby scenic spots in pune.
Yes Bala, i totally agree with you as far as other roads are concerned.

The trip on my list is Pune - Mulshi - Tamhini - NH17 - Bhor - Pune.
I hope it rains hard soon as without that, there will be no fun!

Also any idea about KAAS? is it open this year?

My other car is sounding sweet ( Padmini ), but i am have to first find a good mech for her near kalyani nagar.

And beleive me, everytime i see a MH-12 Blue Jazz, i feel its you in there , but with no Tbhp stickers, its confirmed your are not.

I will contact the Pune FIAT club guys soon for the same.

BTW myself, swanand, Dueller, mikon and few others work for the same organisation and we are slowly building up a good list of Bhpians from our organisation.

Still to meet those guys yet!

Last edited by silverado : 26th July 2011 at 14:15.
Old 26th July 2011, 14:18   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Silverado, I know I am too late for the party here, but congrtulations on the Nano! A rockstar since the day it was born. The amount of attention a Nano gets is not funny.
Drove @Selfdrives's Nano, for a miniscule distance and fell in love with it. Would love to do a proper drive (of course, if you permit!).
Do post some pics of the interior as well.
Cheers, Drive safe.
Ofcourse you can, Let me know buddy will bring it to ofc, anyways i sit 2 floors above you in the ODC and i often come to 2nd floor breakout.

Please keep building the list, it would be fun to meet em all.
silverado is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 14:23   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The trip on my list is Pune - Mulshi - Tamhini - NH17 - Bhor - Pune. I hope it rains hard soon as without that, there will be no fun! Also any idea about KAAS? is it open this year?
We have been trying to plan the same trip; in the reverse direction. If it goes to plan, you can join the Tbhp convoy. I expect a Kaas trip to be planned as was done last year. If not, I intend to go on a weekday to avoid the crowds. After all an average tourist wants to go where/ when the average tourist does not go!

Quote:
BTW myself, swanand, Dueller, mikon and few others work for the same organisation and we are slowly building up a good list of Bhpians from our organisation. Still to meet those guys yet!
We had a meet last week, where Swanand and mikon attended. There were others too, but I am not sure which of them work in the same organisation.
Keep an eye on this thread for future meets
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...a-9-a-114.html

Last edited by selfdrive : 26th July 2011 at 14:25.
Old 1st August 2011, 19:33   #105
Senior - BHPian

Did a 250 kms return trip to Bhimashankar this weekend.
Will start a new thread for the same soon.

Most Viewed