Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:12   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Drove @Selfdrives's Nano, for a miniscule distance and fell in love with it. Would love to do a proper drive (of course, if you permit!).
Swanand, if you want it for this weekend, let me know. We might go to Sangli this weekend in the Jazz, so the Nano could be available*
*need the wife to confirm after you confirm!
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:09   #107
Senior - BHPian

Did any of you went for the S18/19 (cranking working while the engine is on) software upgrade to your respective nanos ?
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:38   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Did any of you went for the S18/19 (cranking working while the engine is on) software upgrade to your respective nanos ?

Yes , i got it done for my nano
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:40   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Swanand, if you want it for this weekend, let me know. We might go to Sangli this weekend in the Jazz, so the Nano could be available*
*need the wife to confirm after you confirm!
Well I am still to meet swanand inspite of working 2 floors apart!!
Anyways, i would love to meet you one day with your nano.
Old 21st August 2011, 19:47   #110
Senior - BHPian

Got a mail from TML for referring people for NANO.

So below is how the scheme works.

U refer 3, they have to go and TESt drive Nano, u get gift worth 300rs.
Any 1 of them converts to a buyer, u get Petrol voucher worth 3000rs.

TML is trying very hard in every possible way to get the numbers going.

My Nano is doing well and has now clocked 3100kms till date.
She has been put to TEST here in PUNE and its outskirts( One trip to Alandi , Numerous trips to Hinjewadi ) and its bad roads.

Also PUNE-BHIMASHANKAR return trip of 250 kms was done, and the only sore point was lack of cusion in seats.

Brakes are starting to fade out a little bit and will surely need adjustment.
Wipers wipe keeps a small blind spot near A pillar towards the right of driver.

Else she has performed flawlessly and it has been fun doing highway trips in NANO with just 2 people on board.
Old 4th September 2011, 20:24   #111
Senior - BHPian

Ok everyone! i know this thread has been cold for a long time with no inputs.

My first part replaced in warranty is a AC Blower worth 1200k.
Got it done @ PANDIT Auto Shahu college Pune for FREE.

Car was properly washed and then handed over to me and job has been well done in 3-4 days.

I used my car extensively while shifting my home!
A Gas cylinder can easily rest in the space ahead of Front left seat!
And the rear is simply awesome!

Tyres lock easily and you need to be cautious in rains.

Nano is past 3300kms now and i am eagerly awating KAAS-BAMNOLI Tbhp meet!

For sure she will the centre of attraction!
Old 8th September 2011, 21:03   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now whats this ? I thought nano do not have any software like my computers Nobody even told me about this from the service centers.

I just did my first free service yesterday (3 months) with ODO at 650 kms. On the process of checking my mileage by auto cut off method. One filling is done last week and the second will be done this weekend. Majority of the 650km run was without AC, so I hope to see an impressive figure. So far nothing to notice as an issue nor irritation on the engine/body/space/ride etc.

I have not done any extra fittings on it till date and do not feel like even fixing a sunfilm. Will decide on that only in the summer, that too if its really required. But now I have a crazy idea of touring the state on a solo drive for photography purpose (100% hobby). It could be a 5 day schedule after the monsoon. So the only thing in my mind is the charger point for my mobile and GPS unit to stay ON throughout as high priority.

Hope to hear from you guys about the S18/10 upgrade and the charger point installation and anything else that is of high priority for a solo drive !
Old 8th September 2011, 22:30   #113
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shajufx ,

One fine day I got a call from Kulathungal motors TVM (from where i purchased) , they told me to bring it to TVM/kollam showroom to do a software upgrade , by the time my nano was at my home in Thrissur . So i went to the show room in tvm and asked the CRM about the call , he put me to a techie.

he explained me that normally Tata will intimate the service to call the nanos batch by batch to do some upgrades.

Few of the upgrades are the eletrical hardware upgradation (due to fire , but tata claims due to fixing extra eletrical components like music system , reverse horn , charging point etc)

The next major one was the SW upgradation which i mentioned in my below posts.

How to Identify that your nano needed a SW upgrade ?

Start the vehicle and idle it.

try to crank it again (while the engine is running)

If its cranking , rush to your nearest service centre and log a complaint for that they will fix it with in 5 minutes (thats the so called SW upgrade (S18/19))

If its not cranking while the engine is running , at least you can make sure that your cars engine is upto date till S 18/19 patch

Gurus , please give me a shout if am wrong
Old 9th September 2011, 14:43   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.....Start the vehicle and idle it, try to crank it again (while the engine is running).....
Mine is manufactured in April 2011 and registered in June 2011. So hope it is upgraded with these things. One curious but funny doubt though: Why would anyone crank it when the engine is already running, and considering the noise a nano engine gives, one can not do it by mistake
Old 10th September 2011, 18:06   #115
Senior - BHPian

I got my mileage check done today and its 17.68 kmpl on the first test. Hope it improves as the first service is completed. And here is the first image of my yellow fellow ever posted in this forum
Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-jnhebbal-1.jpg
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 08:17   #116
BHPian

The looks spacious, the only thing i did not like is the steering and back engine design of Nano, otherwise the car is superbly designed and perfect value for money. Congrats Shaju for your new NANO, you can become ambassador for NANO, i am waiting for your clicks on NANO travels
Old 11th September 2011, 09:31   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukderebail View Post
....the only thing i did not like is the steering and back engine design of Nano.......you can become ambassador for NANO, i am waiting for your clicks on NANO travels
I did not have any dislike reason on steering or back engine except the rickshaw noise it produces If they could redesign the silencer and make some changes to the noise output, I would be very happy and potential buyers might be seriously influenced. Interior space (head and leg space) is 5 steps ahead of M800, Alto and many other small hatches.

I dont mind taking the pain of touring all over India 'with' the Nano, if Tata sponsors it and pays for the images I shoot . Someone is working for Tata here ? Please pass the word !
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 09:52   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Now whats this ? I thought nano do not have any software like my computers Nobody even told me about this from the service centers.

I just did my first free service yesterday (3 months) with ODO at 650 kms. On the process of checking my mileage by auto cut off method. One filling is done last week and the second will be done this weekend. Majority of the 650km run was without AC, so I hope to see an impressive figure. So far nothing to notice as an issue nor irritation on the engine/body/space/ride etc.

I have not done any extra fittings on it till date and do not feel like even fixing a sunfilm. Will decide on that only in the summer, that too if its really required. But now I have a crazy idea of touring the state on a solo drive for photography purpose (100% hobby). It could be a 5 day schedule after the monsoon. So the only thing in my mind is the charger point for my mobile and GPS unit to stay ON throughout as high priority.

Hope to hear from you guys about the S18/10 upgrade and the charger point installation and anything else that is of high priority for a solo drive !
Do get the charger point fitted, but only from the dealer.
Also any issues with electricals will be dealt by that dealer only ( the one who fits it ) , other dealer will not do the job saying this is a accesory fitted by other dealer.

I was charged 550rs for the same - cigarette lighter socket, but quality is good and there is a fluorescent glow ring around that socket.

Please read through SAM KAPASI drive log from mumbai to delhi in TATA NANO when they overloaded the electricals, that should give you some idea.
Old 11th September 2011, 09:57   #119
BHPian

I dont mind taking the pain of touring all over India 'with' the Nano, if Tata sponsors it and pays for the images I shoot . Someone is working for Tata here ? Please pass the word ![/quote]

I believe TATA conducts rallies for NANO, last year my friend Srinidhi undertook the same for 15 days or more, please get in touch with TATA s directly for future events
Old 11th September 2011, 10:04   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
. Majority of the 650km run was without AC, so I hope to see an impressive figure. So far nothing to notice as an issue nor irritation on the engine/body/space/ride etc.

I have not done any extra fittings on it till date and do not feel like even fixing a sunfilm. Will decide on that only in the summer, that too if its really required. But now I have a crazy idea of touring the state on a solo drive for photography purpose (100% hobby).
I suggest whenever you drive you use your AC for 10 to 15 minutes otherwise AC will not be effective at all. This is what my service centre guys advised me, it is like fridge or UPS, the more it is used the better. The milege myth with AC and without AC is broken by many for long drives, only in city milege comes down with AC on. All the best for your solo photo trip with NANO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks