Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:05   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nano Delivery taken !

@Shajufx Heart congratulations! even we are happy for you

Pics Pics Pics, where are they?

As far as left side blind spot is concerned, you have to live with it.
Fit rear sensors which can help you in parking.

Below are few pics of My Nano

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-14th-may-2011.jpg

Proud BHPian

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-dsc01474.jpg

Angel eyes

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-img_63251.jpg

Yes she does smile for a Pic

Name:  IMG_63262.JPG
Views: 1537
Size:  70.6 KB

Last edited by silverado : 3rd June 2011 at 19:34. Reason: Addition of pics
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!

Pics will follow once I get a decent, unique spot to highlight its beauty, waiting. About the left side mirror, its a sad part to hear. I have no idea why they ignored that part, can not be cost cutting, may be the assumption that all nano owners will be pre-bikers, so they dont require all these !

I can live with it, but its a real feel that I am driving through a place where left side road does not exist. One wrong move, my left could be disfigured by a speeding biker !! According to me, its very much a requirement in the city drives.
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:23   #63
BHPian

Congrats on your Nano, please keep us updating regarding your service and other road experience, particularly when you go for a long drive.
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:40   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukderebail View Post
Congrats on your Nano, please keep us updating regarding your service and other road experience, particularly when you go for a long drive.
Oh my God !!!! Who am I seeing here ??? The man of the roads !!!
Its a surprise and pleasant experience to see you here Mr.Derebail. Will surely update on the user experience, but as of now, Nano may not go out of city limits ! You know, I am spoiled by the adrenalin rush of the 1.6L engine, so dont want to feel bad about a city engine on a highway
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:22   #65
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Mods, it might look like back to back posts , but i just went out and clicked the below pics since i wanted to capture Fog lamps in my pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-picture-0061.jpg  

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-picture-010.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2011, 20:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
...just went out and clicked the below pics since i wanted to capture Fog lamps in my pics.
Did you change your stock bulbs ? They look very white to me. Expected the usual halogen colour.
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:31   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Oh my God !!!! Who am I seeing here ??? The man of the roads !!!
Its a surprise and pleasant experience to see you here Mr.Derebail. Will surely update on the user experience, but as of now, Nano may not go out of city limits ! You know, I am spoiled by the adrenalin rush of the 1.6L engine, so dont want to feel bad about a city engine on a highway

Thanks Shaju for your welcome message, i felt after going for A Star there is a need to be among the automobile experts like you in Team Bhp forum. Otherwise i will miss out lot of technological changes and be outdated. I am sure you being a senior Bhpian will guide me
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:36   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukderebail View Post
.....there is a need to be among the automobile experts like you in Team Bhp forum.......
Hope nobody takes it as an offence, because I am more active on the DSLR and Image threads than complicated engine wengine discussions But there are 100s of engineers here who can answer anything about wheels and engines. Have a nice time here !
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:38   #69
Senior - BHPian

@shajufx

Everything is stock, the headlights are in parking mode and the Fog lamps are switched on, so comparitively they look brighter and more white.

Tell you what, it has just started raining hard here in Mumbai, rains bring joy, water, cooler climate and road trips
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:41   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hope nobody takes it as an offence, because I am more active on the DSLR and Image threads than complicated engine wengine discussions But there are 100s of engineers here who can answer anything about wheels and engines. Have a nice time here !

Shaju i am aware you are on a shooting spree with your new DSLR i suppose, i hope you write about your travel experiences and photographic experience too on the forum. Let me check out your posts as when you post. Kudos
Old 4th June 2011, 10:08   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
@Shajufx Heart congratulations! even we are happy for you

Pics Pics Pics, where are they?

As far as left side blind spot is concerned, you have to live with it.
Fit rear sensors which can help you in parking.

Below are few pics of My Nano
Can please post the pics of the scale model one too ! Dying to see it !

And can you please use the quote button, so when you reply we get a PM.

Last edited by ajay387 : 4th June 2011 at 10:10.
Old 4th June 2011, 22:05   #72
Senior - BHPian

@ajay387 - Below pics are for you sir.

Fortune motors Saki Naka - 02267221111

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-picture-011.jpg

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-picture-013.jpg

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-picture-014.jpg

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-picture-015.jpg

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-picture-016.jpg

Tata Nano and life beyond. Update: 60k km and 12 years!-picture-017.jpg

Hope you get yours soon!
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 20:15   #73
BANNED

HI Silverado & sebastian and other Nano owners,

Was going through this article and could not rest without sharing my story - quite similar to silverado's. Me, wife and daughter were out in CP, New Delhi on 30 Dec 2010 shopping for a shoe for my wife. She is a learner and I had done the rounds of True Value, First Choice, etc and had a WagonR in mind, when some of my colleagues suggested the NANO. Being a TATA owner (have a 2002 Indica DLE, clocked over 1L kms now and a CR4 CS, bought Aug 10) i had considered the option, but was not very convinced due to one fact - no power steering.

We went over to A-One Motors on Barakhamba Road and were mildly surprised - not to find it ! Found it eventually - they were winding up the next day ! They had a blue NANO on display - checked that, but since they were closing shop for good, could not TD it. LEft my no and was in CP when the delaer rep called me - they had a TD NANO which they were willing to sell for a bargain - we went back to see this S Yello NANO - man it looks real cute ! Drove it around the building (narrow lanes in CP) and was surprised at the effortless drive ! It does NOT need a PS at all ! The engine is peppy, you can do most of your city driving in 2nd and 3rd (with A/C on). My wife was in two minds - when I went to an ATM, withdrew Rs 10K cash and sealed the deal ! The next day, I made a draft for the remaining amount and we were the proud owners of a Yellow NANO ! The car had 22xx Kms on the odo, on 31 Dec 2010 when we drove to the New Year Party in it - ADMIRATION is guaranteed with this car, I must admit !

My ownership experience till now (about 6 months):
1. Fuel average - I get 19kpl on the avg (with A/C) in Delhi. Nano owners - check air pressures regularly - fuel consumption increases (i have got 13 kpl when driving with very low pressures (20 front, about 21 rear))
2. The A/C is a real chiller - tested in Delhi's summer.
3. The heater is akin to a barbeque - pretty hot !
4. The fuel filler inside the "bonnet" is not to my liking !
5. I have installed a plastic box under the console (near the pedals) for storing nick-nacks and another under the fromt left seat.
6. The horn is meek - not heard in Delhi's roads !
7. The interior is SPACIOUS ! It can seat 4 adults and 1 child comfortably. Leg room and head room is great - more than my Indigo CS too ! For my 6 ft height, there is enough legroom both in the front and rear.
8. Plastics' quality is good - for the cost.
9. Driving position is great - you sit high, have a good view, although the A pillar blocks vision at times (sharp right turns).
10. Turning radius - WOW ! I once did a U-turn on Karol Bagh's lanes on seeing a jam ahead ... to the envy of most car owners waiting there !
11. I have got the FREE wiring harness upgrade Kit installed, have installed my old SONY Xplod car stereo - with new speakers. Mounting the speakers is a big job - actually. I then opted for small boxes (for the dual cone 5 inch speakers I had bought) and placed them under the seats. The carpeting is fastened with velcro fasteners, so no cutting the carpet for the wires.
12. Have installed an Autocop gear lock (pin type), it's a bit difficult to reach. With some practice, I can open it now even in the dark.
13. Ingres / Egress is superb - one enters easily and sits straight on - no collapsing into a hole akin to an 800 / Alto / Zen / Esteem.
14. The rear storage is good for two bags at most - although they get warm - to hot depending on the temp outside.
15. Great car for city commuting, shopping. Has great height - my Sunshine Yellow NANO can be spotted in an underground mall parking lot - easily !
16. Headlights are BIG and bright, although there is no adjustment. The fog lights up front are also good, worked well in the fog during Jan-Feb 11.
17. Difficulties faced :
(a) The spare wheel has to be removed to fill air - the nozzle faces the inside !
(b) The fuel filler should be on the outer body.
(c) The windshield wash tank is too small - mine takes in hardly 200-300 ml !

I have done about 2000 kms since I bought it. The driver door lock came undone once - the dealer opened the panel inside (was pretty well fastened with snap-on plastic pins) and re-fixed the U-shaped clamp used to hold it. The A/C switch would get stuck in pressed position sometimes - plastic on the outer rim was causing it to stick - the dealer (Autolinks, Rama Road) replaced the HVAC switch - OK now.

I hope to put in some pictures and will post on the overall ownership experience.
Old 6th June 2011, 19:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

@lifebuoy

Why a TD vehicle and not a new one? Was the bargain too good?
Yes windhsield washer container is too small for my liking, with this you cannot take the car on highway in rains.

Will have to do some jugaad in that respect.
Kindly post the pics of your car and also let us know the accesories fit by you and the cost.
Old 6th June 2011, 21:24   #75
Senior - BHPian

I took our Nano out for the first time after the delivery on previous Friday as I was travelling during the weekend. Things noticed in the 30 kms drive:

1) Left side mirror is something I cant live without
2) Bad roads are well managed by the tires
3) AC is powerful so I switched it OFF at long traffic signals, next time, I will try switching off the engine itself at timer controlled signals which I have never tried in any of my previous cars.
4) Blower is noisy at level 2.
5) Sun film is a requirement as direct sun burns the skin

Now few solutions I thought for some of the points above:

Left Mirror issue could be solved by a longer center mirror which is available in most accessory shops. My sales guy informed me that Tata has designed a new set of left and right mirrors for nano but as a pair. Dealers might be getting it anytime, so one can go and fit the new pair.

Blower noise is more felt due to the lack of any music inside. One positive about the lack of music is: we talk more while driving, atleast family gets more time to interact with each other So music is not a priority right now.

Checking the sun film options at accessory shops nearby. I will be happy if I can get all windows and rear done within 1k.

A question: What is the tire pressure you guys maintain or recommended by the company ?

Last edited by shajufx : 6th June 2011 at 21:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks