Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2006, 12:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
I too faced this problem, for that matter also the 2 of my friends who own SWIFT. Repeatedly nagged the dealer & now got it fixed. I tried in all sort of roads and it completely disappeared. It's a great feeling to drive without those rattling noises. Even my friends cars also fixed (same dealer ofcourse).

Take it to the showroom & take the service manager for a ride (in your car ). Explain him the problems & leave it to get it fixed. It takes max of 1/2 hour. After they claim they had fixed it, once again go for a ride & if problem persists, ask them to fix it again. Make sure yout ake the test drive in bumpy roads as these dealer showroom/workshop are located in main place & the roads are generally good there
Will do that! But this noise ( not the rattling) , why does it occur in the first place? Is there something wrong?. Do you recollect getting anything fixed for the same?? Just trying to figure out whether it is common
With regard to the rattling, will have to get it fixed during the first service . The seat adjustment mechanisms, the locks holding the seats in place reek of poor quality.
Old 20th January 2006, 12:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay
Do you recollect getting anything fixed for the same?? Just trying to figure out whether it is common
No, I don't face any such issues. Please post the details once your dealers are able to identify the same. What are the accessories you fitted for the car in outside market?

As far as I know, the common issues are Rattling noises, Door locks not working (mainly rear), Power windows getting locked, Right hand rear view mirror getting hit (initially)

ps: hmm moving away from original topic, will get a ---- from Mods?

Last edited by Surprise : 20th January 2006 at 12:53.
Old 20th January 2006, 14:02   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
I am getting the same at 80km/h, I think it has disappeared, let me check and confirm tomm

It had disappeared, probably rear wheel bearings, brake drum linings bedding in
Old 20th January 2006, 14:03   #34
BHPian

Quote:
No, I don't face any such issues. Please post the details once your dealers are able to identify the same. What are the accessories you fitted for the car in outside market?
Leather seats were fitted by the dealer before delivery. Nothing other than this.
Old 20th January 2006, 14:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
It had disappeared, probably rear wheel bearings, brake drum linings bedding in
Thanks very much! was worried whether anything to be taken care of.
Old 24th January 2006, 15:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay
[SIZE=2]Swift recently arrived. Done about 300 kms till now. Whenever speed of around 60 kmh is reached there is a noise (like a whistle) from the rear. Occurs only during accelaration and when I lift the foot of the pedal there is no noise. Is this common for all Swift's or os there something to be checked for?THanks in advance.[/SIZE]

I don't think this noise is somthing to worry about, I am due to receive my vehicle from service today I will check and update you. But the sound actually gives the feeling of a powerful (not so powerful) engine
Old 24th January 2006, 16:56   #37
BHPian

Sad but true. Swift met with an accident. HAL bus being the culprit. Car has come back after the accidental repairs today. Guess the Azure grey colour does not prove a thorn in the repainting.
Old 27th January 2006, 11:04   #38
BHPian

Done with my 3rd Service, feel a drastic change in the car, moves much faster and easier even in slow traffic this is definitely surprising to me .
The minor scratches on the bumpers were taken care off, had complained about the noise from the rear window if the glass is half opened and was told there will be no noise when the windows are either closed or fully open but there will be some noise if the window is half open D'uh!!. No other problems extremely happy with this service done at Mandovi motors Bangalore. I see an improvement in mileage as well will give an update on the figures soon. Warranty as I was told is for 2 years or 20,000 KM so still a long way to go for me to go for some performance kits. Anyone got an idea if we have the K&N Stock filters available for the Swift, please let me know
Old 27th January 2006, 13:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist
Warranty as I was told is for 2 years or 20,000 KM so still a long way to go for me to go for some performance kits.
I believe the warranty is for 40,000km or 2 years, whichever is earlier. Haven't you opted for the extended warranty? Maruti offers 3rd and 4th year extended warranties for about Rs. 2500 & Rs. 3000 respectively. Taking the extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th years would cover your car until 80,000km. Very advisable to pay for this, IMO.

You should still be able to purchase the extended warranty should you want to...
Old 28th January 2006, 12:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist
Done with my 3rd Service, feel a drastic change in the car, moves much faster and easier even in slow traffic this is definitely surprising to me .
Crossed 10k kms & yet to send it to dealer service centre for third service. Iam getting bored of Swift, don't know the exact reason. The engine noise which came due to adultered petrol disappeared after I switched the filling station. I continue with the same bunk, but it seems that sound is once again popping out (may only 5% of what i experienced earlier) though not sure whether its a perception. Badly needs to send it for service & wait for improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil
I believe the warranty is for 40,000km or 2 years, whichever is earlier.
Are you sure about this? I guess kms covered will not come into picture & the warranty is for 2 yrs. This is what I was told. May be check with the dealer
Old 30th January 2006, 10:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Crossed 10k kms & yet to send it to dealer service centre for third service. Iam getting bored of Swift, don't know the exact reason. The engine noise which came due to adultered petrol disappeared after I switched the filling station. I continue with the same bunk, but it seems that sound is once again popping out (may only 5% of what i experienced earlier) though not sure whether its a perception. Badly needs to send it for service & wait for improvements
I am not so sure about the engine noise, but performance wise and mileage there is a definite improvement, Well I am not bored at all with my Swift I feel it still rocks, my Brother had taken it from BLR-Hubli-Mangalore-Bangalore close to 1200 Km in two days and he told he had a blast, managed to do 170 > kmph (meter reading), he was travelling with a guy who owns an Accent and he mentioned that the drive was a pleasure and not at all tiring, with high speed runs and the a/c on most of the time the car returned 14kmpl average for the entire trip.

Quote:
Are you sure about this? I guess kms covered will not come into picture & the warranty is for 2 yrs. This is what I was told. May be check with the dealer
-
I checked with Mandovi and was told its 20k or 2 years I also checked on the extended warranty which they said is not available so I am bit confused, I will check with the regional manager Maruti here in Bangalore with whom I am in touch with and confirm the same shortly.

Last edited by anarchist : 30th January 2006 at 10:15.
Old 30th January 2006, 21:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Re:Swift Review

Hi Anarchist,

that was a good review. I've almost made up my mind that my next car will be a Swift.

Any solution to that your tyre trouble? A friend of mine plans to take a Swift and he wants to use 205R15 tyres too but with a profile of 50. Would that solve things?

I too have a similar problem with my M800 using 165R12 Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs. However i have that problem only on one side that was repaired in an accident a couple of years ago. Seems that the service center didn't straighten out the fender properly. Raising the ride height by 1 inch and a bit of repair done on the fender slightly improved the situation but not completely.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 31st January 2006, 14:35   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp
Any solution to that your tyre trouble? A friend of mine plans to take a Swift and he wants to use 205R15 tyres too but with a profile of 50. Would that solve things?

I have seen swifts with 16" and 17" with bigger tires no clues on whats the status of their wheel arches. a 50 profile should sort the problem out as the effective cirumference is reduced in comparison with the stock VXi tires. whereas in my case with 60 profile there seems to be an increase when compared to the stock.

If you are concerned with the warranty then I suggest you should stick to the ZXi wheel/tyre specifications else go with a bigger spec.

Ultimately the choice is yours.

Vivek
Old 31st January 2006, 14:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

u can see rim sizes here
http://www.tongseng.com.hk/Page/Product/G3.html
Old 16th February 2006, 09:52   #45
BHPian

My Swift returned 16.5 km 50% a/c on Bangalore - Mangalore trip with speeds mantained below 110kmph. I am trying out Shell regular unleaded this time to see how it affects the mileage for with Shell V Super I am getting 11 to 11.5 within the city. Still looking for stock K&N Filters for the Swift, anyone find it???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks