Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2012, 14:29   #226
BHPian

re: My Black Mamba - VW Vento TDi - *UPDATE* 50,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Wheel alignment & balancing is one costly job at VW Workshops. Good to not have it done since you did be replacing the tires soon.

Many wont agree with me over here. Keeping Indian road conditions in mind Apollo Acelere & JK Vectra suit them the best. Yokohamas are very much prone to sidewall damage & bubbles. Sourav has developed problems with most of his C-Drives.

Checked Apollo Acelere website, but they haven't listed 205 55 R15 which previously was there, maybe since 205 is very less moving tire size.

Here is one link for Acelere 205 55 R15.

Apollo & JK have a life of 4 years after which you need to change them even if kilometers clocked is very less. Since they are tough tires and take everything in their pride without a hiccup, whereas Yokos & Michelin always have problem with soft sidewall & rubber.

Michelin do have 205 55 R15 size in their Pilot Preceda II.

I did try to get 205 55 R15, since it gives the right proportion, wider patch, side wall is actually bigger than 185 60 R15(try comparing at 1010tires).

My pick 205 55 R15 either Apollo Acelere or Michelin PP2.

One of the bhpian has got it done on his Rapid 1.6 TDi. Kiirus have their shop at Seawoods, Navi Mumbai, 5 mins from my place, but they even travel to places around India given their are certain number of client at that location.

Link.

Kiirus.

Hope it all helps you for deciding tires & a remap.
Thats true. But the CPC2 lasted till now with my kind of driving (expressway + lots of city driving). I'll have a look at the apollo option too.

kirrus - i frequently travel to Bombay (mostly through palm beach road). I guess soon, i would be at there shop (though their site doesnt list Vento or Rapid)
Thanks a lot

Last edited by mikon : 12th November 2012 at 14:31.
Old 12th November 2012, 14:40   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Thats true. But the CPC2 lasted till now with my kind of driving (expressway + lots of city driving). I'll have a look at the apollo option too.

kirrus - i frequently travel to Bombay (mostly through palm beach road). I guess soon, i would be at there shop (though their site doesnt list Vento or Rapid)
Thanks a lot
Surely have a look at the Apollo option as well and do let us know the final outcome, since even Ninja might be tagging along in the tire change as well. Good discounts you both would be able to fetch.

Kiirus website may not be listing remap for 1.6 TDi but they do have one for it. Whenever you do drop by at place in Seawoods, let me know. Will come by since its near my place and could be a small meet up as well.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 21:33   #228

Re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 3rd Service Report

Quote:
3rd Service Update
ODO meter reading : 46000 kms plus.
.....................[*]The left side A/C vent grill was broken (thanks to ninjatalli for pointing it). It was replaced under warranty.
Else the cost for the assembly was 700 INR!
mikon, it is great to see your passion on how you run and maintain your Vento. My brother owns a Jul 2011 Vento 1.6 TDi (run 10000 Kms odd). Need your help, his car's right side AC vent broke today.
From what I understand from your post, you got yours fixed under warranty. Others Vento / Polo owners have posted that they were not able to get it repaired under warranty.

Can you please elaborate what you got changed and if possible post a pic of the same ?

iCars
Old 15th November 2012, 11:36   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars View Post
mikon, it is great to see your passion on how you run and maintain your Vento. My brother owns a Jul 2011 Vento 1.6 TDi (run 10000 Kms odd). Need your help, his car's right side AC vent broke today.
From what I understand from your post, you got yours fixed under warranty. Others Vento / Polo owners have posted that they were not able to get it repaired under warranty.

Can you please elaborate what you got changed and if possible post a pic of the same ?

iCars
Thanks. Mine is a April 2011 TDi.
The button on the AC Vent Grill and one column of the grill had gone inside due to excessive force. Told this to the SA, he said he'll try and fix it. After the service, he said he changed the whole assembly under warranty. He showed me the bill (which was void under warranty).
Excellent job by him

Hope this helps.
Old 16th November 2012, 13:01   #230

Quote:
Thanks. Mine is a April 2011 TDi.
The button on the AC Vent Grill and one column of the grill had gone inside due to excessive force. Told this to the SA, he said he'll try and fix it. After the service, he said he changed the whole assembly under warranty. He showed me the bill (which was void under warranty).
Excellent job by him

Hope this helps.
Thanks mikon, this info will surely help when we negotiate with service center for getting the AC grill fixed under warranty.

iCars
Old 16th November 2012, 15:12   #231
BHPian

So, Finally Mamba went in for a shoe upgrade at 47000 kms.
I had Continental CPC2s 195/55 R15.
Excellent performance and road grip.

Hence, Ninjatalli & I decided to stick to the same brand.
This time : Continental CPC2 195/60 R15.
Dealer : Lokmanya Tyres, Off-Karve Road, Pune.

I'll do some considerable amount of running to check how it goes.
Now need to dispose off the old tyres!
Old 16th November 2012, 16:16   #232
Senior - BHPian

Good to see that you guys went in for the CPC2's itself.
Pics of the new shoes?
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 15:41   #233
BHPian

Thought of updating the thread.
Odo meter reading = 50600 km
Ownership period = 20 months

My Black Mamba - VW Vento TDi - *UPDATE* 50,000 kms-imag0044.jpg

Below are some of my observations :
  • The car still has the superb handling just as it came from the showroom. Yes, there are few niggles here and there.
  • Sometimes there is a gear-slip. I believe this is due to my faulty clutch operation.
  • The clutch has become hard. I need to visit the showroom.
  • Due to sub-woofer punching and loud music, there are some squeaks. I need to get the damping done soon. I know it has been delayed in definitely.
  • Recently one of HID bulbs dint work. Had to drive 300 kms in a single bulb! Checked it, the ballast had gone for a toss. It was replaced under warranty.
  • Sometimes I feel the turbo doesnt kick-in or its just me. Anybody else has experienced it?
  • The Mileage is still varies between 15/16/17 kmpl inside city.
  • The second set of Continental Tyres are real good. I believe i made a right decision.
  • There are lot of negligible hair-line scratches whose reason are unknown. I guess 3M people can help me.
Last but not the least, everytime I drive it - i love it more !

Some Pictures :
My Black Mamba - VW Vento TDi - *UPDATE* 50,000 kms-dsc_0219.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My Black Mamba - VW Vento TDi - *UPDATE* 50,000 kms-dsc_0213.jpg  

Last edited by mikon : 4th January 2013 at 15:43.
mikon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 17:04   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Due to sub-woofer punching and loud music, there are some squeaks. I need to get the damping done soon. I know it has been delayed in definitely.
You havent yet done this? Seems like ages ago that we tested this issue. Anyone in that rear seat will get a free massage with the thuds!

Quote:
There are lot of negligible hair-line scratches whose reason are unknown. I guess 3M people can help me.
Outdoor parking? Kids in the neighbourhood? Or just the usual green eyed monsters?
Old 4th January 2013, 17:10   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
You havent yet done this? Seems like ages ago that we tested this issue. Anyone in that rear seat will get a free massage with the thuds!

Outdoor parking? Kids in the neighbourhood? Or just the usual green eyed monsters?
No I havent. Been delaying it a lot. There is a reason too. Will tell you
It is the kids in the neighbourhood and outdoor parking!
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 15:19   #236
BHPian

Hi mikon

Nice to see you have clocked over 50k on your car, unbelievable that you have done it in20 months, the question I need to ask is by any chance do you have the pics of the replaced brake pads? Also how long did the continental tires last you?
My car has done 44k and I am on my original pads, but I am running a little scared, as most people seem to have changed theirs by 35k max, the Workshop in Goa has shut down, and the SA said before shutting down that they would last for 5 k at least, I don't want to risk it.

Cheers
Old 15th January 2013, 16:53   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Black Mamba - VW Vento TDi - *UPDATE* 50,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by F458 View Post
Hi mikon

Nice to see you have clocked over 50k on your car, unbelievable that you have done it in20 months, the question I need to ask is by any chance do you have the pics of the replaced brake pads? Also how long did the continental tires last you?
My car has done 44k and I am on my original pads, but I am running a little scared, as most people seem to have changed theirs by 35k max, the Workshop in Goa has shut down, and the SA said before shutting down that they would last for 5 k at least, I don't want to risk it.

Cheers
Honestly, get it done asap. You aren't saving any money by waiting for another 5k kms; eventually you have to get it changed.
Old 15th January 2013, 17:34   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F458 View Post
Hi mikon

Cheers
Hey.. thanks!
I loved the Continental tires. Hence my second set of tires are also Contis
The 1st set of tires lasted around 47000 kms

Unfortunately, I don't recollect where I kept the old brake pads. But I would suggest you change them immediately. You are risking your life and the people who are travelling in your car. It is high time.

P.S I had changed them at 30k and they were completely worn out.
Old 26th January 2013, 22:27   #239
BHPian

mikon, went through your posts and great looking black beauty! 50k in 20 months is cool ! - btw, did you ever miss ABS ? Also, was there any reason you went for continentals straight away (i mean without even trying apollos ? )
Old 6th February 2013, 14:19   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
mikon, went through your posts and great looking black beauty! 50k in 20 months is cool ! - btw, did you ever miss ABS ? Also, was there any reason you went for continentals straight away (i mean without even trying apollos ? )
Hey, Sorry for the delayed reply!
Well, it will be close to 2 years soon.
Honestly, I did not miss the ABS.

I upgraded the tyres from Day1 and the dealer said continentals were awesome. I went by his words and then there was no looking back till 47000 kms. Hence my 2nd set of tyres are also continentals!

OT: I hail from the same location as yours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks