Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2019, 23:21   #256
Senior - BHPian

Replaced my Amaron battery after 5 years and 6 months. Of late I noticed that the self was taking a bit longer to start the engine. Also noticed some instrument cluster lights dimming. Got the battery checked and although it was fine but had become weak after so much time. The voltage was dropping to 9.5 volts during cranking. So to avoid getting stranded I got a new Amaron battery today. Ordered from Batterywale.com and it was a hassle free experience. All in all I guess the money is well spent. The Pajero marches on.

Another update that I missed earlier was for the rest suspension Bush kit. Got that replaced since the Poly Bush kit I had put in earlier wasn't too good. Apart from the constant squeaking the overall damping was less. Got the original Bonded metal and rubber bushes and replaced the entire kit. The ride quality has improved tremendously and coupled with the OME shockers the Pajero now literally floats over the roads no matter how much broken they are.
Traveler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 19:10   #257
BHPian

re: Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold

Hi,
While fixing the LEDs for the headlight, was there a certain position the LED filaments placed at? Horizontal or vertical to the stem of the bulb. Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 12:22   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Hi,
While fixing the LEDs for the headlight, was there a certain position the LED filaments placed at? Horizontal or vertical to the stem of the bulb. Thanks
The H4 LED Lamps have two filaments so to speak. The orientation of the LED Lamps are placed vertical with the filaments facing the left and right side of the reflector when viewed from outside the headlight.

The following link shows exactly how they are in my vehicle.

https://www.headwinds.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=headwinds01&Pr oduct_Code=8-9033-H4-6V&Category_Code=010115

Last edited by Traveler : 9th June 2019 at 12:24.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 21:03   #259
Senior - BHPian

Small update. Got a new Amaron battery last week. The old one was over 5 yrs old but had no problems. Just t be on the safe side and avoid the risk of getting stranded I got it replaced. Same model and brand as I am a happy Amaron customer.
Old 23rd June 2019, 23:33   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Small update. Got a new Amaron battery last week. The old one was over 5 yrs old but had no problems. Just t be on the safe side and avoid the risk of getting stranded I got it replaced. Same model and brand as I am a happy Amaron customer.
I’m confused here. Didn’t you change your battery in May this year as mentioned by you on post 256 of this same thread? What am I missing?
Old 24th June 2019, 00:36   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
I’m confused here. Didn’t you change your battery in May this year as mentioned by you on post 256 of this same thread? What am I missing?
You are right. I thought I had not updated the thread with the battery. Silly me. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 21st July 2019, 01:13   #262
Senior - BHPian

The Dark Horse has found a new stable today. A close friend and a Pajero lover and a fellow Team BHP member took over the reins of my Dark Horse today.

I am both sad and happy on this moment. It pains me to part with my steed after 8 years. Not once in the last 8 years did my faithful ride leave me stranded on the road. Too many memories attached with the Dark Horse. My son was just 10 when we bought it home. He is 18 now and he practically grew up with the Pajero.

We travelled all over the country in it , including a cross country run from Chandigarh to Bangalore.

Just many many memories and pictures of the Pajero with my family... it still is a center piece in our family album.

At the same time, I am happy for swingsingh who took over from me. I am sure he will take good care of my Pajero and will in turn be rewarded with Lacs of kilometers of trouble free journeys.

I am glad I was able to find a good home for the Dark Horse.

Congratulations to swingsingh for taking ownership of the legend that is the Pajero.
Traveler is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 06:59   #263
BHPian

Quote:
The Dark Horse has found a new stable today. A close friend and a Pajero lover and a fellow Team BHP member took over the reins of my Dark Horse today.
I am both sad and happy on this moment. It pains me to part with my steed after 8 years.

Congratulations to swingsingh for taking ownership of the legend that is the Pajero.
That's sad to know.. Any hints on what's replacing the dark horse?
Old 27th July 2019, 11:29   #264
Senior - BHPian

Here is a parting video. Dark Horse at 17500 ft above sea level.

The place is Umba La Pass on way from Kargil to Leh.

Part of the Raid De Himalaya 2015 Official's Team doing Marshall Duty.

Old 29th July 2019, 21:54   #265

Dear Traveler, apologies for the late response as I have been away on travel and some unexpected work which kept me away from logging in to TBHP. It has been an absolute joy...every single day I sit at the wheel...is a renewed sense of hope that it is going to be a good day.

I cannot put to words the great shape the vehicle is in. I can do justice to your attention to detail by continuing to take your guidance on keeping the vehicle in top shape.

I am a novice in front of your vast experience, but I do put in the effort to keep the vehicle in good shape. So rest assured that the Dark Horse is in safe hands and will continue to be a trusted source of inspiration and pride.
Old 30th July 2019, 02:52   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swing Singh View Post
Dear Traveler, apologies for the late response as I have been away on travel and some unexpected work which kept me away from logging in to TBHP. It has been an absolute joy...every single day I sit at the wheel...is a renewed sense of hope that it is going to be a good day.

I cannot put to words the great shape the vehicle is in. I can do justice to your attention to detail by continuing to take your guidance on keeping the vehicle in top shape.

I am a novice in front of your vast experience, but I do put in the effort to keep the vehicle in good shape. So rest assured that the Dark Horse is in safe hands and will continue to be a trusted source of inspiration and pride.
I still love my Dark Horse , I am absolutely certain that you will take care of it as much as I did or even better. I am always there to help you in whatever way possible.

All the best for the many upcoming travels in the Mighty Pajero.

P.S. Youn may want to change your Avatar to reflect the Dark Horse now.

Last edited by Traveler : 30th July 2019 at 02:53.
Old 28th August 2019, 00:37   #267
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold

Quote:
I still love my Dark Horse , I am absolutely .....................
P.S. Youn may want to change your Avatar to reflect the Dark Horse now.
Dear Traveler,
I have covered your thread the entire 18 pages in one go for 5 hours straight. skipped dinner

Going through each and every page and especially your posts thoroughly! Compiling all information in a word document for my reference.

This thread is like a mega encyclopedia for all existing / future owners of Pajero SFX owners on Tbhp.

Apart from the using the "Thanks" feature I would also like to Thank you individually from the bottom of my heart for the information you have compiled over a period of 8 years.

I am also hunting for a good Pajero to satisfy my wanderlust.

Been struggling to find ones that are single owner driven and less abused.
Old 28th August 2019, 01:32   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Dear Traveler,
I have covered your thread the entire 18 pages in one go for 5 hours straight. skipped dinner

Going through each and every page and especially your posts thoroughly! Compiling all information in a word document for my reference.

This thread is like a mega encyclopedia for all existing / future owners of Pajero SFX owners on Tbhp.

Apart from the using the "Thanks" feature I would also like to Thank you individually from the bottom of my heart for the information you have compiled over a period of 8 years.

I am also hunting for a good Pajero to satisfy my wanderlust.

Been struggling to find ones that are single owner driven and less abused.
Thanks for your kind words. Glad that the information in my thread could help you.

The Pajero SFX is probably the best engineered vehicle that I have known. It just keeps going on and on.

Wish you the best in your search for the legend. Try to find a late 2010 or early 2011 model. Those were the fully loaded versions and they were BS3 engines and had more power.
Old 28th August 2019, 08:50   #269
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold

Quote:
The Dark Horse has found a new stable today.
What replaces the Pajero?
Old 28th August 2019, 09:49   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
What replaces the Pajero?
That is a million dollar question. I can't seem to find a worthy replacement.

Also my priorities have changed and I want a smaller SUV or Soft Roader now for the city. Bangalore traffic is maddening. The other priority being ultra reliable and good service network. Maruti is not under consideration and neither is Hyundai or any of the new age manufacturers.

I am eyeing the Honda HRV, hopefully it will be launched later this year.

For now we have a Polo GT and a WRV and these should serve well until the HRV is launched.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks