Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 09:36   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold

A good job done at a very reasonable cost.

Could we have pictures, so that any one interested can also carry out these modifications.

By the way, can similar modifications be done on the middle row?
Old 1st September 2011, 17:07   #107
BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy. As you said, the build quality of Pajero is incredible though it looks little bit outdated from outside. However, in comparison with Fortuner, I feel Pajero is decent looking.
Old 3rd September 2011, 18:00   #108
Senior - BHPian

Finally some photos

Finally got some time today to snap a couple of photos. Nothing fancy and the vehicle wasn't even clean. Nevertheless here are some snaps of the additions that I have done since I bought the vehicle.

Namely you can see the Fender Mirrors, Windows Visors, GoPro Camera and Phone Dock, Compass and the most important the Front Seat Travel modification.

Your comments are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_5154.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_5155.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_5156.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_5157.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_5158.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_5159.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_5160.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_5161.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_5162.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_5163.jpg  

Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 18:25   #109
Senior - BHPian

Some Nice snaps @Traveler. The Pajero still holds it's old world charm head on.

Those seat clamps need to be hidden off in my opinion or at least greyed out to match the car's interiors. Is the GoPro a reverse cam solution? Its wire clutter along with the phone dock is making the dash extend right upto the rear view mirror. No problems, if you like that, but can be distracting imho. Doesn't the Pajero come with an analog Compass for the need for a digital one?
Old 3rd September 2011, 18:31   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Some Nice snaps @Traveler. The Pajero still holds it's old world charm head on.

Those seat clamps need to be hidden off in my opinion or at least greyed out to match the car's interiors. Is the GoPro a reverse cam solution? Its wire clutter along with the phone dock is making the dash extend right upto the rear view mirror. No problems, if you like that, but can be distracting imho. Doesn't the Pajero come with an analog Compass for the need for a digital one?

Thanks, I will cover the clamps soon, just wanted to see how this works out before I finalized things. GoPro is a forward facing video camera, just google for it. Takes great movies in HD. No compass in the Pajero so I got a digital one.
Old 3rd September 2011, 18:58   #111
Senior - BHPian

Come what may, there is still nothing to beat the Pajero when it comes to tough and durable looks. Especially in the color that you have, the Pajero still looks contemporary. Even after decades of launch, this basic design of the Pajero is still a head-turner on roads.

on your personal mods. The mirrors do look good and should prove helpful in the long run. But I just have a question. Aren't those wires beneath and around the GoPro cam creating a disturbance/blindspot for you?
Old 3rd September 2011, 19:38   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Come what may, there is still nothing to beat the Pajero when it comes to tough and durable looks. Especially in the color that you have, the Pajero still looks contemporary. Even after decades of launch, this basic design of the Pajero is still a head-turner on roads.

on your personal mods. The mirrors do look good and should prove helpful in the long run. But I just have a question. Aren't those wires beneath and around the GoPro cam creating a disturbance/blindspot for you?
Thanks for your comments. I intend to relocate the GoPro cam elsewhere, I just need to figure out where exactly so that I still get a straight ahead view. The wires are not that much of a bother once you get used to it. I have had the phone dock and the camera fixed at the position since June and I guess I am used to it now.
Old 3rd September 2011, 23:34   #113
BHPian

Congrats Traveller on your decision !! Just happened to come across your thread and just could not let go till i completely read the post.

Nice video found on youtube of Overdrive, which gives the comparison of Fortuner vs Pajero

Enjoy

MKP
Old 4th September 2011, 00:13   #114
Senior - BHPian

I noticed one thing. The speedo is very similar to the old Type1 Maruti 800's, even the Font, colour scheme, type etc are identical. Only that the calibration is different and there is also a tripmeter. Probably supplied by the same OE supplier.

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th September 2011 at 00:14.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2011, 02:08   #115
BHPian

Bumped into this thread now, great write up Traveler and congrats on the Pajero, by far the best SUV even if it does not have modern looks. Just wanted to know, were you able to get an engine immobilizer and Gear Shift Lock and mounting plate for the Pajero.

-Sajan
Old 15th December 2011, 16:20   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Bumped into this thread now, great write up Traveler and congrats on the Pajero, by far the best SUV even if it does not have modern looks. Just wanted to know, were you able to get an engine immobilizer and Gear Shift Lock and mounting plate for the Pajero.

-Sajan
I did get the Gear lock installed and the fitting has come out top notch. Apparently the old Tata Safari gear lock mounting plate is an exact fit for the Pajero. I did not really explore the Immobilizer option after this and never felt the need too.

Did the Raid De Himalaya 2011 as an official and have clocked 25K overall, enjoying every bit of it.
Old 15th December 2011, 16:43   #117
BHPian

OMG!! please excuse My ignorance - first.
Is this model Currenty sold as the latest pajero in India?- second
Third - why are they comparing this with the latest offering from toyota??
Unfortunately as I believe most of you are aware that this model pajero is 2 models behind what's being offered internationally? Can someone throw some light?
Old 15th December 2011, 17:19   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeemmee View Post
OMG!! please excuse My ignorance - first.
Is this model Currenty sold as the latest pajero in India?- second
Third - why are they comparing this with the latest offering from toyota??
Unfortunately as I believe most of you are aware that this model pajero is 2 models behind what's being offered internationally? Can someone throw some light?
Yes this is the only Pajero Model sold in India. It is the Pajero MK II Long Wheel Base Model. The engine is the original 4M40 series.

The comparison with Fortuner is frequently done since both vehicles address similar market segments, both are true 4x4 vehicles with manual 4x4 options and a center differential that can be locked. There are enough threads on this forum that compare these two vehicles to the last detail.

The next model of the Pajero is actually sold as the Montero in India and is available here as well, it is imported into India as a CBU and hence is priced exorbitantly. It is almost 40 Lacs ex-showroom and is exactly double the price of the Pajero.
Old 15th December 2011, 19:22   #119
BHPian

Hi Traveler,

With regards the gear lock, was it installed through one of the 'branded' companies - ie Autocop etc? If yes can you share the details so I can check with their office here in Bangalore.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I did get the Gear lock installed and the fitting has come out top notch. Apparently the old Tata Safari gear lock mounting plate is an exact fit for the Pajero. I did not really explore the Immobilizer option after this and never felt the need too.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 16th December 2011 at 12:10. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 15th December 2011, 22:46   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Hi Traveler,

With regards the gear lock, was it installed through one of the 'branded' companies - ie Autocop etc? If yes can you share the details so I can check with their office here in Bangalore.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

Yes, it is Autocop, just visit any dealer and ask him to use the Old Tata Safari mounting plate. The Autocop guys dont know this and even i had contacted them. However the field mechanic who actually installs it knew which plate would fit.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 16th December 2011 at 12:14. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks