Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold

Pajero does not come with CRDe as far as I think, the fact that it does not have an ECU further confirms it.

Engine Specifications are as under

Type ------------------------------------------ 2.8 litre 8 valve SOHC Turbocharged intercooled Diesel
Displacement --------------------------------- 2835 cc
Bore x Stroke -------------------------------- 95.0mm x 100.0mm
Max. output - PS (KW) /rpm --------------- 118.6 (87.2) @ 4000 rpm
Max. torque - kg-m(Nm)/rpm -------------- 29. 8 (292) @ 2000 rpm

@bhatman
Thank you for the information. I was not aware of which all cars are or are not available in CSD.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 22nd April 2011 at 11:01.
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:28   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Got the Yokos today. Had a tough time locating them, apparently not all dealers stock this size. Tyres look and feel good on the Pajero. Will report on how they perform once I do some trails. Paid 12K for all 5 tyres after exchanging them with the MRF ZVRL's that came as stock.
That's great. How do you like the new tires compared to the stock ones? What Size? 12k over stock MRFs looks like a good price. Some pics please.
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:46   #48
BHPian

Congrats,
Excellent all rounder SUV.
Always a fan of Mighty Pajero specially the boxy look.
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:58   #49
BHPian

Does Pajero has lock for the fuel filler cap???

If yes does the lock uses the same key to open the doors and ignition???

If all are yes please get the lock of the fuel filler cap changed ASAP so that the key for it is different from the other single key. I had heard somewhere that the thieves steal the fuel filler cap, and make a key from its lock, and that key is used at a later date to steal it.

Hope this helps, and wish you a many happy miles on your beloved beast.
Old 22nd April 2011, 14:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

Does the Pajero still come with BS-III engine, or have they managed to get BS-IV in it? Till date the dealers in Delhi claim it is still BS-III, hence can not be registered in Metros.
Old 22nd April 2011, 15:27   #51
Senior - BHPian

@Traveler
Congratulations on the Pajero and welcome to 'club Mitsubishi'.

@Aroy
The Pajero still comes with the BSIII engine. The last I heard from the Mitsubishi sales team was that the new Pajero Sports was to be launched sometimes towards end of 2010 / early 2011 with a new front facia (somewhat like their Range model) and additional features including a new BSIV engine. The homologation procedures were in the process. The news now is that encouraged by the sales of the outlander et all, they are now considering an updated model based on the Shogun with the new DOHC Crde engine and all new interiors + features etc. and hence the delay. The current model will continue to be offered in non metro markets where BSIII engine equipped vehicles are allowed to be registered.

Last edited by khoj : 22nd April 2011 at 15:29.
Old 22nd April 2011, 15:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Pajero does not come with CRDe as far as I think, the fact that it does not have an ECU further confirms it.

Engine Specifications are as under

Type ------------------------------------------ 2.8 litre 8 valve SOHC Turbocharged intercooled Diesel
Displacement --------------------------------- 2835 cc
Bore x Stroke -------------------------------- 95.0mm x 100.0mm
Max. output - PS (KW) /rpm --------------- 118.6 (87.2) @ 4000 rpm
Max. torque - kg-m(Nm)/rpm -------------- 29. 8 (292) @ 2000 rpm

@bhatman
Thank you for the information. I was not aware of which all cars are or are not available in CSD.

Cheers
Good heavens ! The first of the Indian CRDes came out in India in April 2005 to comply with the BSIII norms - read Scorpio and Safari. And now you say good old Paj's still got a DI ? Does it confirm to BSIII ? IF BSIV norms have been implemented from April 2010 how are they still selling it in Metros ?
I had some understanding, wrong perhaps, that the Paj came with CR tech which confirmed to BSIII norms. Was curious to know about the BSIV compliant engine.....!
Old 22nd April 2011, 16:00   #53
Team-BHP Support

What is the warranty on Pajero? And what are the service intervals.
I read somewhere that Mitsubishi offers 1 year warranty max with no extended options.
Old 22nd April 2011, 18:59   #54
BHPian

@ Dicky - Thanks I did mean - do not..

@ Traveler and other Pajero owners - A 'heads up' on driving through puddles.. go slow..... as the Pajero has a tendency to spray the water inwards so that it comes on the windscreen and if you are at some speed, it is indeed disconcerting to have the vision blocked with water all over. This is a known problem with Pajeros worldwide.. have a look at the 'Pocuk' website

I am planning to get some extended wheel arch flares put and see if that can resolve this.

cheers
indianrunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 19:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
@ Dicky - Thanks I did mean - do not..

@ Traveler and other Pajero owners - A 'heads up' on driving through puddles.. go slow..... as the Pajero has a tendency to spray the water inwards so that it comes on the windscreen and if you are at some speed, it is indeed disconcerting to have the vision blocked with water all over. This is a known problem with Pajeros worldwide.. have a look at the 'Pocuk' website

I am planning to get some extended wheel arch flares put and see if that can resolve this.

cheers

Thanks for the useful information. I had noticed this on my older Pajero while going thru 2 feet of water on our wonderful potholed roads in Gurgaon, but I thought it was a one off, now that I know it is a "feature" I shall be prepared & more careful !!

Cheers
Old 22nd April 2011, 20:05   #56
Senior - BHPian

Guderian, the Pajero is now BSIV compliant. Of course, that does not necessitate a CRDI engine.
Old 22nd April 2011, 22:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Thanks for the useful information. I had noticed this on my older Pajero while going thru 2 feet of water on our wonderful potholed roads in Gurgaon, but I thought it was a one off, now that I know it is a "feature" I shall be prepared & more careful !!

Cheers
Aha ! And that means the Scorpio is not alone having this special feature of automatic windshield wash during rains or otherwise and which is a major grouse among Scorp owners.
Interesting to say the least !

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Guderian, the Pajero is now BSIV compliant. Of course, that does not necessitate a CRDI engine.
Thanks Suman.
Am quite curious to know how they did it on the DI engine without going the CR way - which was the standard response of many auto-comps pushing diesel engines to meet the Euro/BS norms.

Last edited by .anshuman : 22nd April 2011 at 23:30. Reason: Back to back posts within 20mins. Please use Multi-Quote option when Quoting more than a post at a time. Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 09:01   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
At long last official conformation. In today's advertisement Mitsubishi Motors has finally stated that the new Pajero SFX comes in BS-IV also.
Old 23rd April 2011, 14:53   #59

I own both the Fortuner n the Pajero and can vouch for the Pajero anytime
Engine Power is "not the all end all" in a SUV ...Ride and Handling is very important. Fortuner cannot be called a SUV as it is based on the HILUX pick up truck. whereas Pajero is a tried and tested design. more of the same you will realise when you have both of these for your perusal.

Congrats on buying the MITSUBISHI PAJERO !!!!!!
vijay_k_kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 17:12   #60
Senior - BHPian

There is a Newspaper advt. clearly stating that the Pajero is now available in BS-IV & hence can be registered in Metros. I am herewith attaching a scan. There is obviously more to the Pajero than meets the eye !!

As Aroy has pointed out as well. As for the dealers, they always said the BS-4 version was on it's way, but they were unsure as to what would be done to make it complaint.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pajero BS-IV Advt..pdf (934.2 KB, 967 views)

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 23rd April 2011 at 17:16.
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed