Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2011, 12:40   #121
Senior - BHPian

Maintenance Cost after 8 months and 21 days @ 26849 KMs

I will let the numbers do the talking. It has been a great run so far. Participated in the Raid-De-Himalaya as a Marshal in October 2011.

The statistics below are from my car maintenance application that has been maintained from day one. It has every single expense incurred on the vehicle till date. Just posting the summary below.

Most importantly there have been zero problems in the vehicle till now.

Overall Statistics

Overall Statistics Total Running Costs: 163,171.45 ₨ Running Cost/km: 6.049 ₨ Running Cost/day: 622.79 ₨ Distance/day: 102 km Purchase Costs: 2,170,000.00 ₨ Total Cost of Ownership: 2,333,171.50 ₨ Cost of Ownership/km: 86.900 ₨ Cost of Ownership/day: 8,905.23 ₨ Total Distance: 26,849 km Total Time: 8 months, 21 days Total Records: 70
Fuel Statistics

Fill-Up Statistics Avg km/L: 9.572 Max km/L: 11.124 Min km/L: 6.186 Last km/L: 10.212 Avg ₨/L: 40.068 ₨ Min ₨/L: 36.590 ₨ Max ₨/L: 45.150 ₨ Last ₨/L: 40.020 ₨ ₨'s/km: 4.186 ₨ ₨'s/fillup: 2,901.24 ₨ ₨'s/day: 431.86 ₨ Km's/₨: 0.24 L's/fillup: 72.66 Days/fillup: 7 Km's/fillup: 692.61 Total L's: 2,833.63 Total Records: 39 Total ₨'s: 113,148.51 ₨
Service Statistics

Service Statistics Total Records: 8 Total ₨'s: 16,582.95 ₨ ₨'s/day: 63.29 ₨ ₨'s/km: 0.618 ₨
Misc Expenses and Accessories

Expense Statistics Total Records: 23 Total ₨'s: 33,440.00 ₨ ₨'s/day: 127.63 ₨ ₨'s/km: 1.245 ₨
Hope this will help somebody
Traveler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 16:46   #122
BANNED

Re: Maintenance Cost after 8 months and 21 days @ 26849 KMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I will let the numbers do the talking. It has been a great run so far. Participated in the Raid-De-Himalaya as a Marshal in October 2011.

The statistics below are from my car maintenance application that has been maintained from day one. It has every single expense incurred on the vehicle till date. Just posting the summary below.

Most importantly there have been zero problems in the vehicle till now.

Overall Statistics

Overall Statistics Total Running Costs: 163,171.45 ₨ Running Cost/km: 6.049 ₨ Running Cost/day: 622.79 ₨ Distance/day: 102 km Purchase Costs: 2,170,000.00 ₨ Total Cost of Ownership: 2,333,171.50 ₨ Cost of Ownership/km: 86.900 ₨ Cost of Ownership/day: 8,905.23 ₨ Total Distance: 26,849 km Total Time: 8 months, 21 days Total Records: 70

Hope this will help somebody
An avg FE of 9.5 kmpl is not bad for the truck considering its weight.

Can you post a small write up of your experience as a marshal at the Raid De Himalaya with the Pajero with specific focus on its performance, your comfort and pics as well. That would make a very good and informative read.

Also, while this is completely personal, I did not like your fender mirrors at all. I d recommend you spend some time and effort to get the OEM mirrors if possible. As we speak, my cousin sister and her husband are in the UK and they might be able to ship it/get it if required.

How many services has your truck been through so far and what is your feedback about the ASC that you ve been to?
Old 30th December 2011, 18:17   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
An avg FE of 9.5 kmpl is not bad for the truck considering its weight.

Can you post a small write up of your experience as a marshal at the Raid De Himalaya with the Pajero with specific focus on its performance, your comfort and pics as well. That would make a very good and informative read.

Also, while this is completely personal, I did not like your fender mirrors at all. I d recommend you spend some time and effort to get the OEM mirrors if possible. As we speak, my cousin sister and her husband are in the UK and they might be able to ship it/get it if required.

How many services has your truck been through so far and what is your feedback about the ASC that you ve been to?
Thanks for your comments. I intend to pen down the Raid-De-Himalaya experience, just been very busy, will do this as soon as I can.

The fender mirrors did not last very long and started vibrating over a period of time. I had to eventually remove them. They may not hove looked good but were very functional and I do miss them. I also inquired from UK but the OEM mirrors are not really available any longer.

I have had a total of 3 services at the ASC till now. Twice at Kosmo Motors and once at Premier Motor Garage.

First one was at 5K on Jun 6 for Rs. 2100/-. Only Oil and Oil filter were changed.

Second at 10K on Jul 26 for Rs. 3103/-. Oil and Oil filter and Complete Drive-train / Suspension Greasing was done

Third at 20K after the Raid-De-Himalaya on 20th October for Rs. 5463/- . Oil and Oil filter, Fuel Filter, Engine Coolant (I insisted for this) , Rear Suspension Anti Roll Bar Rubber Bushes (I insisted for this) and complete Drive-train and Suspension Greasing was done.

Apart from the above I have got the Engine Oil and Oil Filter changed at every 5K interval as well. In all my vehicle has got 5 Oil and Filter changes till now. It costs approximately Rs. 2200 each time.

Experience with the ASC has been as usual, you need to stand on their head to make sure everything is done. Had nothing to report out of the ordinary and had no niggles etc to get fixed.

My 30K service is going to come up in Jan / Feb 2012 and apart from the Oil and Oil Filter change all the belts are going to be changed. Apparently there are three belts in the Pajero and all need to changed every 30K KMS. Will update the costs as and when the service happens.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 21:41   #124
BHPian

Quote:
My 30K service is going to come up in Jan / Feb 2012 and apart from the Oil and Oil Filter change all the belts are going to be changed. Apparently there are three belts in the Pajero and all need to changed every 30K KMS. Will update the costs as and when the service happens.

Any updates on the 30k service
Old 19th February 2012, 23:46   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
Any updates on the 30k service
Thanks for reminding me D.V.R. , I almost forgot. Here is the 30K service update.

The Dark Horse had it's well deserved 30K service on the dot. I had clocked 30051 Km's when the Pajero was turned in for it's service on the 27th January 2011. The service was done at Premier Motor Garage, Chandigarh. I was there with the vehicle throughout and it took 1.5 Days.

Issues being faced at 30K:

1. Vehicle pulling to the left. Even after a couple of alignment's done at reputed shops the Pajero stubbornly refused to track in a straight line.

2. The brakes were behaving funny. I guessed the issue, the disc's were out and needed polishing.

Regular Service at 30K includes the following:

1. Air Filter Clean.
2. Engine Oil and Filter Change.
3. Drive Shaft and Suspension Greasing.
4. A/C, Alternator and Radiator Fan Belt Change.

Apart from the above mentioned regular items both the left pulling and brakes were attended to this time.

For the brakes all four discs were removed and were sent to a lathe for grinding / polishing. In the process the front wheel bearings also had to be removed and they were duly greased when putting everything back together.

For the left pulling Premier Motor garage called in their most experienced (50+ yrs old) mechanic. No matter how much I praise him, it is less.

This person is the oldest mechanic at the dealer and he just sits in the vehicle while somebody else drives to check how much pulling is there. He did exactly the same for my vehicle. After the short test drive he got the vehicle parked in a service bay and opened the left side upper arm bolts. Then he inserted exactly two full shims (To adjust Camber) and one half shim under the rear side bolt (To adjust Caster). Then he aligned the vehicle using the traditional thread technique (For the Toe).

Having done that he asked me to drive and Voila the pulling was gone for good. I could not believe it. So I got the vehicle checked on a laser machine later and everything was spot on.

Hats off to this guys judgment, skill and experience. He fixed that stubborn pulling by using nothing more than a few mm thick shims and a piece of thread.

Anyway total expenditure was Rs. 18074/- (I got ripped on the labour charges, but had no option since I could not get the brakes done outside due to my warranty still being valid). Nevertheless I am satisfied overall.

Here is the breakup of the costs.

Parts:
1. Engine Oil - 7.8 Litres - 1470
2. Oil Filter - 1079
3. A/C Belt - 940
4. Alternator Belt - 767
5. Front Brake Pads - 4273
6. Rear Brake Pads - 2797

Labour:
1. Belt Replacement - 550
2. Paid Service - 1125
3. Front Disc Assembly Service - 700
4. Rear Disc Assembly Service - 700
5. Front Disc Rotors Polishing - 800
6. Rear Disc Rotors Polishing - 800
7. Wheel Balancing - 150

VAT - 1416
Sales Tax - 507

Grand Total ----------------------------- 18074

I have driven another 2.5K Kms since the service and the Pajero is munching miles as usual. The brakes are spot on and so is the alignment and steering. Soon (At 35000 Kms) it will be time to the Oil and Oil Filter changed again......

Next paid service (At 40K) I need to get the Fuel Filter changed apart from the Oil and Oil Filter.

and the the Horse gallops on.........
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 14:29   #126
Senior - BHPian

Just got the Engine Oil and Oil Filter changed. The vehicle is at 34640 and I had some free time today so got it done.

1. Engine Oil - 7.8 Litres - 1470
2. Oil Filter - 1079

Pictures of the gear lock installed in the Pajero
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_20120310_140043.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_20120310_140102.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_20120310_140115.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-scaledimg_20120310_140140.jpg  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th March 2012 at 18:28. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 23:05   #127

re: Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold

Like most guys, I was smitten by the Pajero since my teens. And finally got a chance to pick one up a couple of months back. This is of the threads which really helped me cement my decision. Thank You. And I am loving every second of the drive. Will post a detailed review with pictures in about a month. I'm yet to complete 1000KM.
Old 19th March 2012, 10:52   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Just got the Engine Oil and Oil Filter changed. The vehicle is at 34640 and I had some free time today so got it done.
What is the FE figures you are getting now and at what speeds as the horse is fully run in and is now comfortably settled?

A few owners have reported facing issues of rattling, especially of the doors and the tailgate. Have you faced any such issues?
Old 21st March 2012, 01:17   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu Vardhan
Like most guys, I was smitten by the Pajero since my teens. And finally got a chance to pick one up a couple of months back. This is of the threads which really helped me cement my decision. Thank You. And I am loving every second of the drive. Will post a detailed review with pictures in about a month. I'm yet to complete 1000KM.
Many many congratulations on your new ride. I am glad that my feedback helped you in your decision. I think we now have three Pajero owners on the forum.

I can vouch for the vehicle any time. Please feel free to reach out to me in case of any assistance that you may require.

Looking forward to your review. BTW what color did you pick up?
Old 21st March 2012, 01:29   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath
What is the FE figures you are getting now and at what speeds as the horse is fully run in and is now comfortably settled?

A few owners have reported facing issues of rattling, especially of the doors and the tailgate. Have you faced any such issues?

I have consistently been getting 10+ now. The max I got was 11.3 recently. However on an average I get around 10.

As per rattles, the only ones I got were from the middle and back row seats. However they are easy and simple to fix. A little WD40 and some insulation tape on the locking hooks on the floor fixes them for good.

The doors and everything else have not required any adjustment whatsoever till now. No creaks, squeaks or rattles in this area. I have done 35k now with one Raid-de-Himalaya included.

The one thing I figured was not upto the mark in this vehicle is the retractable cup holders in the center console. They are too flimsy and delicate and they broke off even after careful handling. I decided not to buy a replacement since they would almost certainly meet with the same fate. Instead I got myself a pair of windshield mounted ones recently and they are much better.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 14:05   #131
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero: The Dark Horse comes home - One Year Update

The Dark Horse has completed one full year today. I thought it was time to update the thread with some details.

We have done an exact total of 37037 Kms in one year. The Yokohama Geolanders that I had upgraded to right at the time of delivery have about 25% tread left in them. The vehicle has gone through 4 Authorised services and a total of 7 Oil and Oil Filter changes. One Diesel Filter change and Brakes were overhauled at 30K which included disc shimming and new set of brake pads. Wheel alignment was done twice.

Have gone through thick and thin, including a marshal duty for the Raid-De-Himalaya -Xtreme 2012.

Have driven innumerable times on NH1 between Delhi and Chandigarh and last but not least have done a daily local 110 Kms run for almost the full year.

The vehicle has kept me impressed and after one year I have no different opinion as I had formed initially.

I finally found one flaw. The retractable drink older is a design disaster. Wedged in the center console it is just to flimsy and tucked in a space too cramped. This explains why almost all Pajero's have this broken, mine being no exception. It is a stupid plastic part but costs the moon to replace. The official price is 12K INR. I did not get it replaced and instead bought a pair of windshield mounted ones.

Apart from this I have not faced a single issue whatsoever. No blown fuses, no creaking doors, no nothing and no nonsense. It has started in half a crank whether it was Leh (-12 Degrees) or whether it is Delhi (+45). It has even started in half a crank when I was away for 12 days and nobody touched the vehicle in my absence.

Every single item works as intended after one year and there is nothing to complain or mention about. I will get some photographs of the car uploaded shortly as well.

For now The total cost of ownership with a lot more details are attached along-with. These are from the car expense application that I use to monitor my car maintenance activities.
Attached Images

Traveler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 14:30   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For now The total cost of ownership with a lot more details are attached along-with. These are from the car expense application that I use to monitor my car maintenance activities.

Congrats on the ownership of one year. Out of curiosity - what is the application you used?
Old 13th April 2012, 14:40   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
Congrats on the ownership of one year. Out of curiosity - what is the application you used?
Thanks Madan, I use the aCar application from the Android market. it is installed on my phone.
Old 13th April 2012, 15:43   #134
BANNED

Quote:
The Dark Horse has completed one full year today. I thought it was time to update the thread with some details.
Congrats on completing one delightful year of ownership with the Dark Horse Traveler.
Your FE figures too are commendable at around 10kmpl and the detailed logs too are very good.

Looking forward to some pictures now, of the happy vehicle and owner.
Old 25th April 2012, 19:00   #135
BHPian

@Traveler
Excuse me if the question has already been asked, but have you managed to find the manufacturer reccommended grades of lubricants for the engine oil, transmission, and the differentials in your Pajero. Could you please share the details of oils you're using because I havent found any product that matches to the T! For example in case of the Transmission oil, all diesel engine cars in the region seem to have one option- SAE 80W 90 GL4, where the reccommended oil is 75W 90. Similarly for the differentials the nearest match is as discussed above, but in the GL4 configuration when what is required is GL5 rating.
Your comments will be welcome. Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks